• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
6 Tiers:
High
High Mid.
Middle
Low Mid.
Low

:4jigglypuff:+1 Why no one believes in the Puff??? D:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He should be higher than pit. He can wall him out with fairs and nairs and bairs it isnt hard.
Thats just a mathup, not an overall rank. Pit can still be himself. Fair can be used to keep Ike in the air and from using side b. GOs can block Ike's aether, making him fall to his death, and arrows are great for gimps (Dark Pit could do the same, but with Electroshock instead of arrows). A single matchup doesn't male a good reason for someone to be higher than the other.

People are treating Ike like Meta Knight when Leo beat Mr.R, saying he's top tier and stuff like that. Ike is definitely not better than anyone in tiers 3. Like ZeRo has said before(the only time I agree with him), Ike's either last in the low high tier or first in the high mid tier at best.

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
Protect Peach's ranking! ~(^-^)~
+1 :4peach:

And I like the current format of 7 ranks. (voting for <<<<<--------)

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
Fair can be used to keep Ike in the air and from using side b. GOs can block Ike's aether, making him fall to his death, and arrows are great for gimps (Dark Pit could do the same, but with Electroshock instead of arrows).
Yes Pit can indeed Fair Ike rather well, but he kinda needs to be on the same height to hit Ike with his Fair, when in the other hand Ike's Fair will almost always out range Pit's Aerials. Also about GO... Who on earth would QD straight into Pit when recovering? Ike's best choise is to recover high and abuse the plathforms to reduce the lag. Oh and about edgeguarding... Ike is one of the few characters that is able to edgeguard Pit(s). Only thing Pit(s) can do it so stall till the Eruption is gone or wall of Fairs or/and use a arrow to interrupt Ike's Eruption. Also you must time the GO pretty well if you want to stop Ike's Aether recovery. I also want to add that Pit already has hardish time landing and when Ike is on the field... One mistake and boom you lost a stock at 80% do to taking Fair/Bair right to your face.

But... Pit(s) can abuse plathforms a bit better than Ike. Also like you said arrow gimping isn't a bad idea, but you must get him off stage first (good luck with that). Do to Ike's heavy weight he is easy Uair food once you get the chain going. But anyways... Ike is a serious threat in current metagame. He has a solid spot in the high tier (mid/lower part). The rewards from good spacing is huge and punishes are deadly.

Edit: So many seem to vote some characters rather blindly. Is it 'cause of Main Bias or something? Most of the low/bottom tier guys are in the current tier cause of reasons which have been stated early. If you want to vote something like Samus, Roy or lets say Doc up then please reason. And remember... You must ALWAYS compare to rest of the cast. For example Doc is good, but when you compare him to the rest of the cast... Well he is kinda lacking.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes Pit can indeed Fair Ike rather well, but he kinda needs to be on the same height to hit Ike with his Fair, when in the other hand Ike's Fair will almost always out range Pit's Aerials. Also about GO... Who on earth would QD straight into Pit when recovering? Ike's best choise is to recover high and abuse the plathforms to reduce the lag. Oh and about edgeguarding... Ike is one of the few characters that is able to edgeguard Pit(s). Only thing Pit(s) can do it so stall till the Eruption is gone or wall of Fairs or/and use a arrow to interrupt Ike's Eruption. Also you must time the GO pretty well if you want to stop Ike's Aether recovery. I also want to add that Pit already has hardish time landing and when Ike is on the field... One mistake and boom you lost a stock at 80% do to taking Fair/Bair right to your face.

But... Pit(s) can abuse plathforms a bit better than Ike. Also like you said arrow gimping isn't a bad idea, but you must get him off stage first (good luck with that). Do to Ike's heavy weight he is easy Uair food once you get the chain going. But anyways... Ike is a serious threat in current metagame. He has a solid spot in the high tier (mid/lower part). The rewards from good spacing is huge and punishes are deadly.

Edit: So many seem to vote some characters rather blindly. Is it 'cause of Main Bias or something? Most of the low/bottom tier guys are in the current tier cause of reasons which have been stated early. If you want to vote something like Samus, Roy or lets say Doc up then please reason. And remember... You must ALWAYS compare to rest of the cast. For example Doc is good, but when you compare him to the rest of the cast... Well he is kinda lacking.
I've never had a problem getting Ike offstage(not my easiest, but not the hardest). You'd be surprised with how many people fall for the GO thing

People can be bias sometimes(same here)

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
Tiers:
High
High Mid.
Middle
Low Mid.
Low
Bottom

+1 :4feroy: He has a weird circlejerk hate around here for whatever reason.

Last edited:

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere around 4-5 tiers. The balance in this game is a lot more evenly distributed especially given the regular patches we've had. Mid and below should hold about 75-80% of the cast.

High
Mid
Low

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

7 tiers won by a significant margin, and Mewtwo, shulk, luigi, roy and link both got enough unamimous votes to move up, while as expected, ike went down.

For the next phase people are to vote on the order of tiers 6 and 7, you can put characters in any order you want Also you can up/down vote one character per tier. For example, my vote goes like this

6:4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4dedede::4bowser::4miibrawl::4palutena::4samus:
7:4ganondorf::4miigun::4miisword::4zelda:

+1 Mewtwo,
+1 mii gunner

Last edited:

kirby509

Smash Cadet
:4miisword:+ (Imo he's tier 5. Great results.)
:4palutena:+ (Even without customs, she's not that bad of a character.)

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
6: :4palutena::4dedede::4mewtwo::4samus::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4bowser:
7: :4miisword::4ganondorf::4miigun::4zelda:

+1 :4palutena: Great combo game, good power and range.

Other thoughts:
+1 :4dedede: A character I could also see going up. He's got good setups and aerials.
-1 :4bowser: Not much going for him. I guess some quick aerials and up-B out of shield, but that's about it...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
6::4bowser::4palutena::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4samus::4dedede:
7: :4ganondorf::4miisword::4miigun::4zelda:
I vote :4pit:up to tier 3 by himself(:4darkpit:can stay one place behind him, just like in Uprising).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty sure for the Up/downvoting, It's supposed to be only within these 2 tiers
Ah, then +1 to :4palutena:, still a Kid Icarus character being voted in the end.

Edit: Just realized I could make another vote, so...read a different comment

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
6:4jigglypuff::4palutena::4samus::4miibrawl::4mewtwo::4dedede::4bowser:
7:4ganondorf::4zelda::4miigun::4miisword:

:4palutena:+1 Has a lot of potential to be really good but is super underplayed.
:4ganondorf:+1 Can be pretty scary and devastating when he gets hard reads.

Also wow :4link: went up quite a bit. He's around middle tier where he should be though honestly.

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Ah, then +1 to :4palutena:, still a Kid Icarus character being voted in the end.

Edit: Just realized I could make another vote, so...
+1:4bowser:
Ya still did it wrong =P 1 vote per tier. Yours is now 2 votes in 1 tier

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
6::4mewtwo::4dedede::4miibrawl::4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4samus: :4palutena:

7::4ganondorf::4miigun::4zelda: :4miisword:

+
:4ganondorf: He just seems too good to be bottom tier, it doesn't make sense to me no matter how I think about it. I lot of his moves have little ending lag for how much power he has and his aerials have insane damage per hit. Sure, he might not be the best during "optimal play", but does that really matter when you're fighting anybody not top tier?

-:4palutena: It was either her or Samus. I know their strong points, I've heard them a couple dozen times whenever people argue about "who's not the worst lol", but it just doesn't stack up well when comparing to the rest of the cast.

Seriously tho, why is ganon that low? I'd gladly put him in top of sixth tier.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
6 :4dedede: :4jigglypuff: :4miibrawl: :4palutena: :4bowser: :4mewtwo: :4samus:
7 :4ganondorf: :4miigun: :4zelda: :4miisword:

+ :4jigglypuff: gotta balance out the hate bandwagon. I can live with :4samus: being tier 6
+ :4ganondorf: Deserves to be tier 6

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
- :4samus: Way too many issues with her, she's tier 7
I'm not going to go heavily into detail yet again about Samus, but she has a few issues... what about her scarily damaging combo game? What about her suitability? What about her strong finishers? Shield breaking ability? Zoning prowess? By no means a good character, but far better than the characters currently in bottom tier. Check out what Depth is doing with Samus these days.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
6::4samus::4bowser::4miibrawl::4mewtwo::4dedede::4palutena::4jigglypuff:

7::4ganondorf::4zelda::4miisword::4miigun:

+1 :4samus:: Even if she doesn't go up, I don't see any valid reason to move her down what so ever. She easily beats Bowser, Dedede and Ganon. Jiggly gets KO'd far too easily from her finishers (in fact, I have KO'd a Jiggly at 8% by comboing Dthrow into 2 Uairs and Screw, thanks to rage). I could argue further about having generally decent matchups further up, but I am focusing on the characters around her. No reason to go down when she is getting used a lot by people lately (ESAM is pushing the character, Depth is doing incredible things with her), more so than the likes of Dedede, Jiggly, Ganon, Zelda and Mewtwo (in the west that is, as I know lots of Japanese players use Mewtwo more) etc.

-1 :4jigglypuff:: It was either between her down or Ganon up, but I just can't see how Jigglypuff can be considered viable in this metagame (and I have seen plenty of Ganon votes). Far too many characters have shield braking capability this time, and with the recent change in shields, its for the worse for Jiggly. Nearly all the characters around her get benefit from the shield change. Bowser and Dedede's moves are safer, Samus and Ganon also have safer moves, and have better sheild breaking capability, with the latter more so. Palutena and Mewtwo don't get as much benefit as the others, but it is still there, as it's harder to punish their smashes. Jiggly doesn't get as much benefit, as her smashes don't do enough hitlag or shield stun to become safe, are slow, and have no benefit on hitting a shield like Ganon or Dedede for example. I will say that Jiggly still has things going for her though, but I think she deserves to be in the bottom tier.

+1 :4ganondorf:: After realizing that it has to be one vote per tier, I choose Ganon for my tier 7 vote. That Nair buff is really something, like getting 29% off of one throw and one aerial is ridiculous. Still don't think he is all that fantastic, but I think he deserves to be above Jiggly and Dedede for example. If I am however allowed to vote for 2 characters within the same tier, I choose Samus +1 and Jigglypuff -1, but at the time of writing this, I understand that it is one for tier 6 and one for tier 7.

Also, I can't wait to get to tier 5... I'm coming for you Marth!

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
:4bowser::4dedede::4samus::4miibrawl::4palutena::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:
:4zelda::4ganondorf::4miigun::4miisword:

+:4zelda: Has pretty good setups at low to mid percent, and in some instances can get a K.O. early if the player knows what they're doing. Zelda has gotten enough buffs to fix some of her issues, and I've seen people play some pretty good sets with her. I think she could compete in tier 6.
-:4mewtwo: Didn't really want to vote on moving a character down, but no character in tier 6 stood out to me as tier 5 material. The main problem with Mewtwo is that he's really light while at the same time being big and easy to hit. At least Jigglypuff is smaller and more difficult to catch in the air.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Wow the tierlist messed up badly : (.

6:4mewtwo::4bowser::4samus::4dedede::4palutena::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf:
7:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4zelda:

+ 1 Mewtwo
+ 1 Samus

Mewtwo is a good character, requires skill indeed. His only horrible thing is his weight, he is so light yet so big.
Samus is another good character, mid tier at best but still i think she deserves it.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

-1 :4link:
-1 :4shulk:

Seriously Shulk and Link dont deserve this spot. I mean lol at link being higher than toon link/
You can only vote for the characters within the 2 tiers we are voting on at the moment. For example, I voted Jiggly down and Samus up. Don't worry, you can choose to vote on Link or Shulk later when we get to their tier.

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice

-1 :4link:
-1 :4shulk:

Seriously Shulk and Link dont deserve this spot. I mean lol at link being higher than toon link/
That's not how the voting process works. You have to vote a character up or down from tier 6 or 7.

I'm not going to go heavily into detail yet again about Samus, but she has a few issues... what about her scarily damaging combo game? What about her suitability? What about her strong finishers? Shield breaking ability? Zoning prowess? By no means a good character, but far better than the characters currently in bottom tier. Check out what Depth is doing with Samus these days.
Most of her problems regarding her hurtboxes and hitboxes is what makes her bad in my eyes. Not gonna really argue about her, just gonna say that her design is great but the execution is terrible. I have never seen a Samus break a shield btw, mind pointing me out to a video of that?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
That's not how the voting process works. You have to vote a character up or down from tier 6 or 7.

Most of her problems regarding her hurtboxes and hitboxes is what makes her bad in my eyes. Not gonna really argue about her, just gonna say that her design is great but the execution is terrible. I have never seen a Samus break a shield btw, mind pointing me out to a video of that?
Hitboxes are not a problem at all. The only real hitbox that could be a problem is Dash Attack, but that's it, and it crosses up opponents if you miss anyway, so it's not a huge problem. Execution is a poor excuse to call a character bad. Execution could be trouble for a player novice to Samus, but once you understand her, she is really easy to use.

But regarding shield breaks, sure! There are 2 examples...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkGpgHFUWY - 4:23. This is the guaranteed way. It also shows the best punish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTanW9u1SaM - This one shows the other way. If the opponent just shields a Super Missile, its possible to break the shield down with Charge Shot. As they are forced to stay in shield longer now, it more than often will break a shield, especially if you don't fire the Charge Shot instantly. Shield breaks start at 1:10 (yes, it actually shows both ways), but I recommend you watch the whole video, as this is a pretty decent Samus. Don't know why such an abrupt ending, but Samus won nonetheless.

Here is another example of the first one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US51XJ3zsHg - 2:41

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Browny Browny wth? Mewtwo only had 1 up vote (Maybe 2, idk if you added your own votes since sometimes you don't vote at all.) Shulk and Link only had 3 up votes, which many other characters also had. what???

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu::rosalina:

2::4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy::4yoshi:

3: :4myfriends::4ryu: :4falcon: :4metaknight: :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4peach: :4dk: :4luigi:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4falco: :4megaman: :4feroy: :4shulk: :4link:

5::4wiifitm: :4marth: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowserjr: :4charizard: :4lucina: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4gaw:

6::4miibrawl: :4jigglypuff: :4bowser: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4samus: :4mewtwo:

7: :4miisword: :4ganondorf: :4zelda: :4miigun:

6::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl::4bowser::4palutena::4mewtwo::4samus:
7::4ganondorf::4miigun::4miisword::4zelda:
+ 1 :4ganondorf: Pretty hard deciding between him and :4miigun: since I don't think either or actually bottom tier, but :4ganondorf: will get more recognition since he isn't a Mii, so he should be the easier one move up a tier.
- 1 :4samus:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So its going to be harder for me to do it as i dont know how to do icons, but....

6: :4palutena:, :4bowser:, :4jigglypuff:, :4dedede:, :4miibrawl:, :4samus:
7: :4miisword:, :4miigun:, :4zelda:, :4ganondorf:, :4mewtwo:

-1 :4mewtwo:

Also, yeah, how DID mewtwo rise. votes are still 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom