• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
+ :4yoshi:- I don't care if nobody has gotten results for Yoshi, Yoshi is top 5. His only real flaw is he can't capitalize off of throws much.
+ :4bowser: - wha...why the heck is Bowser lower than D3? People seem to sorely underestimate Bowser's tools.
+ :4kirby: Kirby's too low now with his buffs.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
-1 :4palutena: Results don't mean everything. Didn't ESAM use Samus in top 8 tournament match. Is she top tier? No. Palutena is really laggy, so her positives are severely affected by this, same with :4shulk:
That's not really comparable. ESAM brought Samus out for that one match, he didn't it get there using her and only her. When there are several Palutena players who do well at locals and a few who do well at majors and are top 10 on their region's power ranking, I can't see her being so low and certainly not bottom 5. I'm not even trying to say she's top, high, or even upper-mid tier, I just think she should be higher.

murdey

Smash Rookie
I think dedede belongs ahead of bowser, though his projectile is easily reflected, the fact that he has one gives him a great advantage

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
:4dedede: -1
:4greninja: +1
:4olimar: +1

After the generous recent patch, I think Greninja is safely back toward the top of the roster. Apparently that meme hit his results here pretty hard, though. I also feel like Olimar is going to repeat his pattern in Brawl. Initially he was slept on because of how unconventional he was, but later people caught on to how insanely powerful he could be. We've already seen Olimar do some impressive stuff in SSB4, deserving placement in at least the upper half of the cast, and I think he's only going to climb as the game ages.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
+:4dedede:I'm pretty tired of how underrated he is in this game. He hits hard with plenty of KO options, and is hard to KO. Sure, he's pretty slow and easy to hit, but he's a master of recovery, and has undeniable range in many of his attacks. People keep saying his moves are easy to dodge, but they're MUCH easier to hit with than you think.
+:4miibrawl:
+:4tlink:I don't understand why he's below Link. He should actually be somewhat closer to top tier.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
+1 :4shulk:(yeah I'm probably biased on this--sue me)
+1 :4pikachu:(amazing potential)
-1 :4samus: (Sorry gurl I love you but apparently Sakurai doesn't)

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I think dedede belongs ahead of bowser, though his projectile is easily reflected, the fact that he has one gives him a great advantage
D3 lacks a good OoS (aside from grab, but that doesn't work from behind and Bowser's grab has great reach too), his recovery is trash if he misses the ledge because it can be punished hard, his gordos are reflected by literally just about EVERYTHING (at least Bowser's flame breath has some use against campy characters.) and every last one of his moves has substantial endlag. (At least bowser has a quick jab.)
Oh, and Bowser has his passive heavy armor which greatly helps him in a couple MUs like Luigi and Megaman.
What does D3 have over Bowser? armor on his recovery (I only mention the armor because Bowser's recovery is actually pretty good in Sm4sh) and better grab combos. Those grab combos are very nice, but D3 is super unsafe on shield so people will expect grabs and spotdodge if you get close enough and just shield your FTilts.

Please people, stop trying to say Bowser is bad. He's Low-Tier at worst, and I'd say he's probably mid tier.
also, DK is not that good without customs.

Last edited:

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
+1 Robin :4robinm:: Simple enough reasons, he gained nothing less than throw combos.
+1 Kirby :4kirby:: Most relevant character to get relevant buffs in 1.1.0.
-1 Fox :4fox:: Most relevant character to get a relevant nerf in 1.1.0 - and a big one at that. Removal of jab-locking affected him in a pretty negative way, and a lousy shine-spike does nothing to soften the nerf.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
Also, I have compilated the characters' current scores. This list is prone to getting outdated (but I'll still make a small effort to maintain it updated) and some minor stuff might be wrong due to me being an idiot, so patience. It should give a very good idea of the trends this thread is following, though.

Nearly going up two tiers:

+9 Wii Fit Trainer

Currently going up a tier:

+7 Bowser
+7 Sonic

+6 Donkey Kong
+6 Marth
+6 Greninja

+5 Ganondorf
+5 Yoshi

+4 Dr. Mario
+4 Ike
+4 Lucina
+4 Olimar
+4 Robin
+4 Sheik
+4 Wario
+4 Zero Suit Samus

Nearly going up a tier:

+3 Jigglypuff

Characters whose vote score is positive:

+2 G&W
+2 Little Mac
+2 Toon Link
+2 Zelda

+1 Bowser Jr.
+1 Charizard
+1 Falco
+1 Kirby
+1 Lucas
+1 Pac-Man
+1 Peach

Characters whose vote score is negative:

-1 Fox
-1 Villager
-1 R.O.B.
-1 Pikachu
-1 Mii Brawler
-1 Rosalina & Luma
-1 Lucario

Nearly going down a tier:

-2 Diddy Kong
-2 Link
-2 Mewtwo
-2 Ryu

Currently going down a tier:

-3 Luigi

-4 Pit + Dark Pit

-6 Meta Knight

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
"
Also, I have compilated the characters' current scores. This list is prone to getting outdated (but I'll still make a small effort to maintain it updated) and some minor stuff might be wrong due to me being an idiot, so patience. It should give a very good idea of the trends this thread is following, though.

Nearly going up two tiers:

+9 Wii Fit Trainer

Currently going up a tier:

+7 Bowser
+7 Sonic

+6 Donkey Kong
+6 Marth

+5 Ganondorf
+5 Greninja
+5 Yoshi

+4 Dr. Mario
+4 Ike
+4 Lucina
+4 Olimar
+4 Robin
+4 Sheik
+4 Wario
+4 Zero Suit Samus

Nearly going up a tier:

+3 Jigglypuff

Characters whose vote score is positive:

+2 G&W
+2 Little Mac
+2 Toon Link
+2 Zelda

+1 Bowser Jr.
+1 Charizard
+1 Kirby
+1 Lucas
+1 Pac-Man
+1 Peach

Characters whose vote score is negative:

-1 Fox
-1 Villager
-1 R.O.B.
-1 Pikachu
-1 Mii Brawler
-1 Samus
-1 Rosalina & Luma
-1 Lucario

Nearly going down a tier:

-2 Diddy Kong
-2 Link
-2 Mewtwo
-2 Ryu

Currently going down a tier:

-3 Luigi

-4 Pit + Dark Pit

-6 Meta Knight
Don't do this, it screw up the votes.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Remember when we thought Bowser was broken? Remember when we thought Luigi was trash? Amazing how things change.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
+:4falco:
+:4greninja:
+:4samus:
I find it hard to believe falco is virtually in the exact same place he was in the tier list pre patch. Greninja is better than a handful of the characters above him. Also agree that Samus isnt bad enough to warrent a whole for himself.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
How is this possible.
People voted -1's in Meta Knight because he was "overrated" atm because 1 dude beat 1 dude (completely ignoring the plethora of good MK's out there) until his downvotes went through the floor

Same thing with Luigi but to a lesser degree because he's top tier material. MK's not coming back from this one, Luigi's climb is a little more plausible.

Pit and Pittoo are just getting less results and less visibility.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4greninja:: Could still afford to be a tier higher.
+1:4luigi:: Nuff said.
-1:4myfriends:: Sorry, but he is not better than Roy, Peach, Lucas, R.O.B., and Pac-Man.
Also, why are Yoshi, Sonic, and WFT all on the list twice? You might want to fix that...

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
:4luigi:+1 He most definitley is in Tier 2 AT LEAST
:4lucina:-1 People overrating the buffs as usual. Buffs Doesn't fix her core problems would downvote Marth too but that can be done later.
:4bowser:+1 Still probably the 2nd best heavyweight.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4littlemac: He's WAY too low. He has serious power, frame data, and traps. He's not top tier, but he's at least mid.
+1 :4lucas: How the heck did he get so low? He has awesome frame data, two ways to counter projectiles, and a much better recovery than Ness.
+1 :4kirby: Need I explain again?

Also, as others have been saying, there are duplicates for a few characters, including :4yoshi:, :4sonic:, and :4wiifit:.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
+1:4greninja:: Could still afford to be a tier higher.
+1:4luigi:: Nuff said.
-1:4myfriends:: Sorry, but he is not better than Roy, Peach, Lucas, R.O.B., and Pac-Man.
Also, why are Yoshi, Sonic, and WFT all on the list twice? You might want to fix that...
Have you even seen Ryo play Ike? StaticManny, one of, if not, the best Sonic in the world, can't even beat him with Sonic or Roy. Ryo has shown that Ike can beat Peach as well. Now, against R.O.B, Lucas and Pac man Ike has problems yes but he's definitely not lower than Roy and Peach

Last edited:

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Have you even seen Ryo play Ike? StaticManny, one of, if not, the best Sonic in the world, can't even beat him with Sonic or Roy. Ryo has shown that Ike can beat Peach as well. Now, against R.O.B, Lucas and Pac man Ike has problems yes but he's definitely not lower than Roy and Peach
To be fair, that might just be the player. You can't base a ranking off of what 1 single person does with a character.

Top Bottom