• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik:

2: :rosalina: :4zss:

3: :4pikachu: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy: :4wario: :4pacman: :4mario: :4metaknight:

4: :4falcon: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby:

5: :4megaman::4tlink::4shulk::4greninja::4falco::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4dk::4robinf::4gaw::4wiifit:

6: :4marth: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4zelda: :4mewtwo: :4lucina: :4palutena:

7: :4samus: :4dedede: :4ganondorf: :4miigun: :4miisword:
:4jigglypuff: -1 It sucks, but she keeps getting ignored every balance patch while nearly everyone else is constantly getting buffed, and indirectly nerfs her. This patch in particular was big in this regard, (balance changes) and it's gotten to a point where she's noticeably worse off.
Now Gib Buffs already, Mr. Sakurai!
:4robinf:+1 I think Robin has been significantly improved to a point where she merits rising a tier.
:4luigi: +1 I think Luigi is around the same strength as RosaLuma now and probably higher than Zamus, I can't see any reason why he shouldn't go up.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

3: :4pikachu: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy: :4wario: :4pacman: :4mario: :4metaknight:

4: :4falcon: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby:

5: :4megaman::4tlink::4shulk::4greninja::4falco::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4dk::4robinf::4gaw::4wiifit:

6: :4marth: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4zelda: :4mewtwo: :4lucina: :4palutena:

:4jigglypuff: -1 It sucks, but she keeps getting ignored every balance patch while nearly everyone else is constantly getting buffed, and indirectly nerfs her. This patch in particular was big in this regard, (balance changes) and it's gotten to a point where she's noticeably worse off.
Now Gib Buffs already, Mr. Sakurai!
:4robinf:+1 I think Robin has been significantly improved to a point where she merits rising a tier.
:4luigi: +1 I think Luigi is around the same strength as RosaLuma now and probably higher than Zamus, I can't see any reason why he shouldn't go up.
Version 1.1.1:

New balance patches!!!!! Jigglypuff and King Dedede have been removed!!!!!!!

Nintendo:YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurai:OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I think Jigglypuff is fine were she is but whatever

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4bowserjr:He has powerful KO options, great mixup capabilities, and stage control with the mechakoopa. He has even received a minor buff in his cannonball (not much of a buff, but a buff nonetheless).
+:4falcon:Up a tier seems better. He has the capabilities of a high tier.
+:4megaman:Easily better than some of the characters in the tier above.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
+1 :4link:
He's been getting the attention he needs and has improved quite a bit.

+1 :4ganondorf:
While still bad, considering the work by certain players he should at least be the best of the bottom characters.

-1 :4samus:
She is absolute trash and most of the changes they have made have either been negligable or outright made her worse.

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm starting to lose faith in this list we have here. It's far too biased. Nonetheless, here:
:4megaman::4falcon:+1
:4samus:-1
-1 :4samus:
She is absolute trash and most of the changes they have made have either been negligable or outright made her worse.
Sad but true.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why all the Falco hate, I wonder? He's definitely not THAT bad. People are making him seem like the worst thing since W. Bush. I think he's viable.

D

Deleted member

The mid tiers are messed up a lot, but I only have so many votes…
+:4marth:
+:4greninja:
+:4bowserjr:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice

@ Browny Browny I didn't mean it rudly, I was just asking. Geez

Anyway my votes

THE FIRST THREE ARE MY REAL VOTES. THE REST ARE OTHER CHARACTERS I THINK SHOULD MOVE. ANY POST SAYING I'M BREAKING THE RULES WILL BE REPORTED.

+1:4megaman: ...what. (Good projectile usage, great ko power, great ssmashes and airs, espicially up air.)
+1:4shulk:...what. (Great range, Monados make him sometimes hard to ko, makes it easy for him to ko you, makes it good for him to rack up damage, makes him good at recovering, or makes him really fast.)
-1:4wiifit:Wanted to vote up Bowser jr but nooooooooooooo, we gotta have Wii Fit Trainer where she would be on a customs tier list. serisualy why is she going up.

+1:4bowserjr: Great ko power, good range,
+1:4charizard:Probably should be in the same tier as Donkey Kong and Ganon- oh, wait.
+1:4ganondorf:Bottom 5. really.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
+1:4dedede:Same as Ganondorf
+1:4kirby:Should still go up like 10 more spots, my god the horribleness if this list.
-1:4feroy:...Serisualy? He's litertatly so overated that I think that Roy's my Girl.
-1:4myfriends:^
-1:4gaw:He went up, yet, Charizard, and Bowser Jr. This is just too hilarious.
+1:4villager:Better than Pac-Man and Meta Knight
+1:4falcon:^
-1:4pacman:Want him below Mario, Villager, and Captain Falcon, but like where he is too and want to immediattaly go up afterwards. Before he goes down below characters that he IS better than.
-1:4metaknight:^
+1:4littlemac:Little Higher
-1:4mewtwo:Why not?
-1:4falco:Are you kidding me?
-1:4lucario:Little too high
-1:4link:Toon Link is better

Probably other things I'm missing but whatever
@ Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43

In case you weren't aware you are only supposed to vote 3 times.
And :4wiifit: is far better than you realize, even before the buffs.

+1 :4wiifit: :4miigun: :4miisword:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
@ Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43

In case you weren't aware you are only supposed to vote 3 times.
And :4wiifit: is far better than you realize, even before the buffs.

+1 :4wiifit: :4miigun: :4miisword:
Did I not say that the first three is my votes???? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? JUST READ THE POST PEOPLE, PLEASE

As for Wii Fit Trainer, I'm not sure how big the buffs were, but I doubt they made her like high-mid tier

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I don't know why Jr. is so low when he's had such solid tourney results. Heck, some high or mid-high tier characters would be jealous of his results.

Conversely, I feel like Kirby could possibly fit where he's at, but the results just aren't there to back him up. Same with Ike (sorry, my main man), but I've only got 3 votes and Mewtwo being above bottom tier is a little less believable IMO.

:4bowserjr: +1
:4kirby: -1
:4mewtwo: -1

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I don't know why Jr. is so low when he's had such solid tourney results. Heck, some high or mid-high tier characters would be jealous of his results.

Conversely, I feel like Kirby could possibly fit where he's at, but the results just aren't there to back him up. Same with Ike (sorry, my main man), but I've only got 3 votes and Mewtwo being above bottom tier is a little less believable IMO.

:4bowserjr: +1
:4kirby: -1
:4mewtwo: -1
Kirby's abilities makes him slightly higher than where he is right now, even with results included. Espicially now with his forward throw buff. If you want a reason I'll tell you

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
+ :4dedede:
- :4mewtwo: (candidate for worst in the game)
- :4lucario: (low-mid tier IMO; awful neutral and overreliant on Aura)

Smash Cadet
Even though Sheik is the best character in the game, I don't think she should deserve her own tier list at the top. Otherwise that's just basically means that she is way above the rest of the cast like Brawl Meta Knight. :/

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Even though Sheik is the best character in the game, I don't think she should deserve her own tier list at the top. Otherwise that's just basically means that she is way above the rest of the cast like Brawl Meta Knight. :/
Characters aren't ranked in tiers yet.

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
Characters aren't ranked in tiers yet.
Tier: a row or level of a structure, typically one of a series of rows placed one above the other...a level or grade within the hierarchy of an organization or system.

each row by definition is a tier.

No, we may not be doing the SSS, SS, S, A etc thing, but as characters go up or down they do reside in literal tiers.

Which is why I find the OP's disclaimer to be something to ponder.

Top Bottom