• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
+1 :rosalina:- she can't move down that much. Needs to have a balance.
-1 :4wario:- not higher than Peach.
-1 :4pacman:- ^

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff is finally in a good spot...I-I think I'm going to cry...
:4drmario: +1
:4mario:+1 (why the **** is Wario above him)
:rosalina:-1 (I love her, I really do, but best character in the game?)

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+1 Shiek(EAsy number 1 idk how she dropped.)
+1 Roy(not that low, like for real even if hes new and has great potential is is a great characters)
+1 Duck Hunt (he is a good character and people just sleep on him. if used right and if people now the dog, hes good. and no one seems to be voting with him at all.

EDIT: also just saying it might be safer to vote sheik up the rosa down just in case we have a voting cycle but thats up to u guys.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
:4zss: +1
:4mario:+1
:4samus: -1

Question: Why is swordfighter so low? It seems like people don't pay much attention to default miis, but does he really belong in a tier of his own? Not a rhetorical question; I've never used him and I don't really know.

Also, just to put things in perspective a bit, here's the number of mains of these characters who made top 32 at EVO and CEO (as in, those statistics combined):
Sheik: 13 (10 distinct) (plus 2 secondaries)
Sonic: 6 (5 distinct)
Rosa: 6 (4 distinct) (plus 1 secondary)
ZSS: 3 (2 distinct)
Ness: 3 (2 distinct)
Diddy: 3 (2 distinct) (Notably ZeRo's secondary both tournaments)
Fox: 3 (2 distinct)
Villager: 3 (only in EVO; results can be largely attributed to customs inexperience)
Mario: 2 (2 distinct)
Luigi: 2 (2 distinct) (Notably Larry Lurr's secondary at CEO)
Yoshi: 2 (2 distinct)
WFT: 2 (2 distinct) (only in EVO; great customs)
R.O.B.: 2 (1 distinct)
Pikachu: 2 (1 distinct)
Pac-Man, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Mr.Game and Watch, Lucario, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Mii Brawler, and Wario had one placing each. (Wario, additionally, appeared as a secondary.)

Top 16: (characters mentioned previously, but not here, had no top 16 reps)
Sheik: 9 (7 distinct) (plus 2 secondaries) (Note that Sheik is even more prevalent, relative to her competition, in top 16 than top 32.)
ZSS: 3 (2 distinct) (Note that all of the ZSSs who made top 32 were in top 16.)
Sonic: 3 (2 distinct)
Mario: 2 (2 distinct)
Ness: 2 (2 distinct)
Fox: 2 (1 distinct)
Rosa: 2 (1 distinct) (Note that Rosa's success in top 32 dwindles in top 16.)
Pac-Man, Diddy, Mii Brawler, Mr. Game and Watch, Villager, and Meta Knight had one placing each. (Diddy, additionally, appeared as the Grand Finals winner's secondary in both tournaments.)

Top 8:
Sheik: 3 (2 distinct)
ZSS: 3 (2 distinct)
Ness: 2 (2 distinct)
Rosa: 2 (1 distinct) (plus 1 secondary)
Pac-Man, Fox, Mario, and Diddy had one placing each.

I think that covers all of the notable ones. Sheik is on another level. She had over 3 times (3.5, to be precise) as many distinct mains take top 16 than the second most prevalent character. And it's not that she's just that popular, and it's not due to ease of use. (If those were such major factors, we'd see more Captain Falcon.)

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4palutena::4duckhunt::4lucina:+1 Mhmm underrated, Lucina should be closer to Marth, but he should also be lower.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :rosalina:

2: :4sheik: :4pikachu:

3: :4zss: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy: :4wario: :4pacman:

4: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4lucas: :4metaknight: :4myfriends:

5: :4feroy::4megaman::4tlink::4shulk::4kirby::4greninja::4link::4falco::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4marth::4duckhunt::4dk:

6::4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4wiifit: :4robinf::4gaw: :4zelda: :4mewtwo: :4samus:

7: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4miigun:

8: :4miisword:
+ 1 :4metaknight: He's a top ten character, there's no reason for him not to be in tier 3 by now.
+ 1 :4sheik: Best character in the game, no questions asked.
- 1 :4zelda: I honestly think Zelda's the absolute bottom character this game. Sucks too, she's been low tier every smash not named PM. I really hope she gets buffed eventually, seeing the same character be in bottom tier every game seems kind of unfair to her mains.

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
:4sheik: +1 // Best char in the game. No sense that Rosalina is upper than her.
:4link: +1 // He got very buffed in the last patch and now has some crazy stuff to do.
:4samus: +1 // A little underrated imo. I think Samus has lot of potential.

Last edited:

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll join the whole +1 Sheik bandwagon...

+1:4sheik:- for reasons what other's have already said.

+1:4gaw:- Somewhat underrated in my opinion.

+1 :4bowserjr:- ^

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :rosalina:

2: :4sheik: :4pikachu:

3: :4zss: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy: :4wario: :4pacman:

4: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4lucas: :4metaknight: :4myfriends:
5: :4feroy::4megaman::4tlink::4shulk::4kirby::4greninja::4link::4falco::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4marth::4duckhunt::4dk:

6::4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4wiifit: :4robinf::4gaw: :4zelda: :4mewtwo: :4samus:

7: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4miigun:

8: :4miisword:

+1:4kirby:Great air attack great throw great tilt great smash good recovery use any neutral special if time good hammer stone ko power amaze combo amaze up tilt underated blah blah blah

+1:4dedede:LOL bottom 6. no. just no. he can actually combo unlike SOME PEOPLE, has good weight, has AMAZING damage and knockback. Sure, he's slow and laggy, but it's not THIS bad.

+1:4megaman: Also underated, good projectiles, good range, good air attaks, GREAT up air, and GREAT smashes.

Below are other characters I greatly think should move

-1:rosalina:You have a brain, right? Good. I don';t need to type why in

+1:4sheik:BECAUSE WHY NOT

+1:4ganondorf:Great knockback Great Damage good weight what else would I post?

+1:4lucina:For existing (Should be with Marth)

-1:4marth:He's defitenly not higher or equal to Duck Hunt

+1:4mario: Her has good comboing, some good moves, and other top tier crap I don't feel like typing

+1:4shulk:Great range, great Monado Arts

+1:4robinm:Greatly underrated

-1:4falco:....Uh wat

-1:4greninja:^

+1:4bowserjr:Great KO Power, good damage, good weight, other random crap

+ 1 :4metaknight: He's a top ten character, there's no reason for him not to be in tier 3 by now.
Just curious, why do you think Meta Knight is top 10 (And, if this is allowed, what IS your top 10?) Just wondering since I've never seen him that high before.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
+1:4dedede:LOL bottom 6. no. just no. he can actually combo unlike SOME PEOPLE (Stares at Samus), has good weight, has AMAZING damage and knockback. Sure, he's slow and laggy, but it's not THIS bad.
Combos are Samus' biggest strength this time around. She has one of the largest combo trees of any character. Her problems lie elsewhere. (Although she does have a lot of them.)

49% to death kill combo: https://youtu.be/xJm17mACWyw

64% damage combo: https://youtu.be/z1HElQkfUpc

Check it: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-complete-samus-combo-and-string-list.391853/

And I'm pretty sure the OP of that thread has said that he still has a lot more to add that he just hasn't gotten around to.

Not attacking your vote itself, just correcting the side comment. It's a surprisingly common misconception.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Combos are Samus' biggest strength this time around. She has one of the largest combo trees of any character. Her problems lie elsewhere. (Although she does have a lot of them.)

49% to death kill combo: https://youtu.be/xJm17mACWyw

64% damage combo: https://youtu.be/z1HElQkfUpc

Check it: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-complete-samus-combo-and-string-list.391853/

And I'm pretty sure the OP of that thread has said that he still has a lot more to add that he just hasn't gotten around to.

Not attacking your vote itself, just correcting the side comment. It's a surprisingly common misconception.
Oh okay

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Just curious, why do you think Meta Knight is top 10 (And, if this is allowed, what IS your top 10?) Just wondering since I've never seen him that high before.
I personally see the top ten going like this. 1.:4sheik: 2.:rosalina: 3.:4pikachu: 4.:4luigi: 5.:4zss: 6.:4sonic: 7.:4ness: 8.:4fox: 9. :4wario2:10.:4metaknight:

As a Meta Knight secondary, I think Meta Knight is superb, he's merely overlooked due to his low usage, yet he still has top tier level results. He's also got a lovely MU spread that includes such things as 60:40 :rosalina:, 60:40 :4ness:, and 55:45 :4mario:. To top it all off he has some amazing kill set ups and strings. Both his dash attack and Up tilt lead to very useful kill setups and strings, simply follow up with UAirs until your high enough to kill and use shuttle loop.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I personally see the top ten going like this. 1.:4sheik: 2.:rosalina: 3.:4pikachu: 4.:4luigi: 5.:4zss: 6.:4sonic: 7.:4ness: 8.:4fox: 9. :4wario2:10.:4metaknight:

As a Meta Knight secondary, I think Meta Knight is superb, he's merely overlooked due to his low usage, yet he still has top tier level results. He's also got a lovely MU spread that includes such things as 60:40 :rosalina:, 60:40 :4ness:, and 55:45 :4mario:. To top it all off he has some amazing kill set ups and strings. Both his dash attack and Up tilt lead to very useful kill setups and strings, simply follow up with UAirs until your high enough to kill and use shuttle loop.
What does strings mean

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What does strings mean
A string is basically a escapable "combo", with proper DI or Airdodging you can escape strings but the attacker still has a advantage, the only difference between a string and a combo is that you can't ever escape a combo, and for that reason most combos in smash are technically strings.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4bowserjr:He has some tough matchups, but I think he is better than some of the characters above him. Some good KO moves and a heavy weight help out with that.
+:4lucina:Worse than Marth? For sure. Two tiers below him? No.
-:4myfriends:The buffs helped him immensely, but a lot of the fact is that he still has some pretty tough matchups. The top of the tier below sounds better.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4samus:-1 take off the suit, then we'll think about talking about it.
:4mewtwo:-1 maybe one day someone will figure this poor guy out.
:4peach:+1 not overrated enough.

also, not gonna vote her down, but what motivated you to put Luma in it's own tier? Surely there wasn't enough votes to do that.

Last edited:

HardcoreSteamy

Smash Rookie
-:rosalina: Too many bad matchups don't outweigh her good ones.
+:4zss: Should be above Pikachu, below Shiek. At least the same tier.
+:4feroy: Great counterpick when needing a character with disjointed hitboxes (eg. against Yoshi)

Number Three

Smash Cadet
:4metaknight: -1 - Tier 4???? I'm assuming that would be high tier or, at the very least, high mid tier. Meta Knight is NOWHERE near that. He'd be lucky to barely make tier 5 (which I'm assuming is mid tier) in my opinion. Sure, he got a few good buffs, but people are seriously overrating him now. Yes, Meta Knight is actually usable now, but that's about it. He's still a low tier character in my book right now. Maybe one day I'll see otherwise, but that day is not today.

:4myfriends: -1 - Like Meta Knight, people are completely overrating him now because of his buffs. Yes, we all know Ike is better now. He's still not worthy of being considered as high as he is. As overrated as I think Roy is, Roy is the best Fire Emblem character in this game (only because two of them flat out suck (Marth and Lucina), one's bad (Robin, thought I'll admit he/she does have potential to be a mid tier), and one's mid tier (Ike)).

:4shulk: +1 - Literally just switch Shulk and Ike.

That's my three votes. Also, how are :4link: and :4marth: in tier 5 (mid tier?)? They should be way lower. Though, I am happy about where this list has :4feroy:. About :rosalina:, as much hate as I'm going to get for this, I do think she is the best in the game. But, she isn't good enough to deserve her own tier. In my opinion, she and Sheik have their own tier at the top.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4metaknight: -1 - Tier 4???? I'm assuming that would be high tier or, at the very least, high mid tier. Meta Knight is NOWHERE near that. He'd be lucky to barely make tier 5 (which I'm assuming is mid tier) in my opinion. Sure, he got a few good buffs, but people are seriously overrating him now. Yes, Meta Knight is actually usable now, but that's about it. He's still a low tier character in my book right now. Maybe one day I'll see otherwise, but that day is not today.
We could time travel back in november 2014? Dang, I didn't even know

Last edited:

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
+1 :4mario:
+1 :4dedede:
+1 :4miisword: (Bad, but not enough to warrant being in a special tier)

Last edited:

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
Hmm there's quite a number of issues with the newest one so I'll try to tackle the biggest ones that people aren't already attacking..

+1:4littlemac: I know the scrubby Little Macs at release gave him a bad name and yes his recovery/aerials are crap but his ground game is still super good in most neutral/CP stages. He definitely is better than half the characters in current Tier 5 at least.
-1 :4marth:A case where a few buffs have people overrating him even more (and he was pretty overrated here before). A few situational Jab Combos isn't gonna help his multitude of problems that prevents him being higher than Low tier. I think it's funny that people are trying to Upvote Lucina to compensate where she's actually in a more legit place in the list.
+1 :4wiifit:The fact that a Wii Fit Trainer got in the Top 25 at EVO Singles over all the Characters in Tier 5 and half the characters in Tier 4 should say something. She should at least be Tier 5.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
i was going to throw a hissyfit over my main being voted down but then I realized the lower the tier the higher the rate of getting a buff and less chance of getting a nerf :V
+points for being a lowtier hero

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
i was going to throw a hissyfit over my main being voted down but then I realized the lower the tier the higher the rate of getting a buff and less chance of getting a nerf :V
+points for being a lowtier hero
Wario or Falco?

Since if it's Falco, expect a lot more, he's way too high already.

Wario, on the other hand...... Eh, I think he could go down, at long as he goes right back up in the next voting phase.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Wario or Falco?

Since if it's Falco, expect a lot more, he's way too high already.

Wario, on the other hand...... Eh, I think he could go down, at long as he goes right back up in the next voting phase.
Was referring to wario but falco could get smore buffs

I really want to hear why you think falco should go down. The buffs made falcos combo abilty and options absurd.

Top Bottom