• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4zss:

2: :4luigi: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox:

3: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4wario: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4feroy: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4pacman: :4lucas: :4tlink:

4: :4metaknight::4shulk::4kirby::4myfriends::4greninja::4link::4falco::4miibrawl:

5::4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4duckhunt: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4marth: :4wiifit: :4robinf: :4dedede: :4dk:

6: :4palutena: :4gaw: :4mewtwo: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4samus: :4miigun: :4zelda:

7: :4miisword:

+1:4kirby:Great air attacks, great smashes, great throws, great tilts (espicially up tilt), can use anyone's neutral special, has amazing combo ability, has a good recovery, and is VERY underrated

+1:4jigglypuff: great comboing ability, great air attacks, and great special moves (Side and Down specials make up for neutral and up). Not as underrated as Kirby, but still very underrated

+1:4pikachu:Should be in top 3 IMO rather than Zero Suit Samus IMO. And he'll probably be downvoted a little bit anyway so I gotta help.

Anything below are things I want to change, but can't vote due to not enough votes

+1:4ganondorf:Stop redditing people

+1:4mewtwo:He isn't THAT bad

+1:4shulk: Monados are really good, and has an amazing range

+1:4luigi:WEEGEE TIME! But serisualy, better than Zero Suit Samus, although not as good as Pikachu

-1:4zss:Not as good as Pikachu and Luigi

-1:4falco:That Ain't Falco

-1:4greninja:WAY too high for a tier 5 character

+1:4bowserjr:Has some good offense, with high KO Power and a deadly projectile

-1:4bowser:Too high

-1:4marth:WTH is he doing up here.....

+1:4samus: Little too low

+1:4zelda:^

+1:4diddy:Great attacks, really shyould be a tier above

+1:4mario:Should go a tier up

+1:4robinm:Serisualy. Has anyone even used him before?

-1:4ness: A few spots too high.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I love Sonic and all but I think he should be in the same tier as Diddy. The nerfs hit him, not too hard but to a decent extent. Sonic isn't going to win a national, unfortunately. With good players who know how to play against him, he's not that hard to beat.

-1 :4sonic:
+1 :4littlemac:
+1 :4dk:

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
+ :4gaw:
+:4diddy:
- :4zss:

Tier 3 is getting bloated.

Last edited:

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
+ :4zelda:

Only 1 vote for now, will use my 2 others later if I think of them before the period ends.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
If you remove the DLC Characters, and put the characters into the tiers of the first tier list this is the tier list

S::4sheik::rosalina:

A::4zss::4luigi::4pikachu::4sonic::4ness::4yoshi::4fox:

B::4diddy::4falcon::4mario::4villager::4lucario:

C::4peach::4wario::4megaman::4olimar::4rob::4darkpit:

D::4pit::4pacman::4tlink::4metaknight::4shulk::4kirby::4myfriends::4greninja:

E::4link::4falco::4miibrawl::4bowserjr::4drmario::4jigglypuff:

F::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4bowser::4charizard::4marth::4wiifit::4robinm::4dedede:

G::4dk::4palutena::4gaw::4ganondorf::4lucina::4samus::4miigun::4zelda:

H::4miisword:

Comparison of characters are below

Higher:

Dark Pit (+13)

Dr. Mario (+12)

Charizard (+11)

Meta Knight (+10)

Bowser Jr. (+10)

Falco (+9)

Olimar (+6)

Pac-Man (+6)

Wii Fit Trainer (+6)

Rosalina (+5)

Zero Suit Samus (+5)

Luigi (+5)

Little Mac (+5)

Wario (+4)

Fox (+3)

Pit (+3)

Toon Link: (+3)

Mega Man (+2)

Rob (+2)

Ike (+2)

King Dedede (+2)

Palutena (+2)

Mr. Game & Watch (+2)

Sheik (+1)

Mario (+1)

Villager (+1)

Peach (+1)

Mii Gunner (+1)

Un-Changed:

Mii Swordfighter

Down:

Mii Brawler (-15)

Ganondorf (-12)

Zelda (-12)

Greninja (-10)

Lucina (-10)

Diddy Kong (-9)

Shulk (-8)

Bowser (-7)

Samus (-5)

Marth (-4)

Ness (-3)

Lucario (-3)

Jigglypuff (-3) WTH WHY IS SHE GOING DOWN

Pikachu (-2)

Yoshi (-2)

Link (-2)

Donkey Kong (-2)

Sonic (-1)

Captain Falcon (-1)

Kirby (-1) WTH WHY IS HE GOING DOWN

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
-1 :4megaman:
-1 :4rob:
+1 :4littlemac:

There are a bunch of minor stuff I want to vote for too but these are the biggest ones at the moment.

I also Think Tier 3 is getting bloated at the moment so I mostly focused on that.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4bowserjr:I still maintain that one tier up seems better for right now.
+:4jigglypuff:Just a little further up. A character with such great air combat and a move that KO's as early as rest deserves some recognition, even with her weight.
+:4gaw:We were shown what a good Mr. Game and Watch can do, even if his limitations were also made exceedingly clear.

kylexv

Smash Master

3: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4wario: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4feroy: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4pacman: :4lucas: :4tlink:

4: :4metaknight::4shulk::4kirby::4myfriends::4greninja::4link::4falco::4miibrawl:

5::4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4duckhunt: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4marth: :4wiifit: :4robinf: :4dedede: :4dk:

6: :4palutena: :4gaw: :4mewtwo: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4samus: :4miigun: :4zelda:

:4pacman: +1: One word: Abadango
:4diddy: +1: He should really be a tier higher
:4peach: -1: I feel like Peach is just a little too high. Did we even see any representation at EVO?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4pikachu:+1: Feel like he is potentially top tier, even in the customs-off meta.
:4tlink:-1: ...any particular reason he's up here?
:4bowserjr:+1: While it saddens me that Tweek didn't make it into top 32 at EVO, I feel like bottom of tier 4 would be perfect for Bowsy.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

+ 1 :4jigglypuff: Has a ton of flaws that really hamper her viability, but at the same time, has more than enough strengths to not be merely niche. She's not some perfectly viable character, but isn't exactly in the lower echelons of characters this time around, and because of that I feel she belongs in tier 4.
+ 1 :4metaknight: I still feel he's a tad underrated at the moment.
- 1 :4zss: A very strong character, that unfortunately isn't strong enough for her current placement. I really don't understand how she's considered more viable than Luigi and Pikachu, I think she either belongs in tier 2 with them, or you have to add them to tier 1. Since Sheik and Rosalina are optimal characters though, I'd reckon she should be booted down a tier.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Guys, you know that order doesn't matter within tiers, right? Zelda has no case for being above Tier 6.

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
:4diddy:-1 Honestly, ZeRo 3-0ed Mr. R. with Diddy because he's the God of this game. With the death of the hoohah and up throw, Diddy has to set up from a weakened Down Tilt. Ideally bottom tier 3.
:4lucario:+1
:4dk:+1 Cargo Toss combos are actually decent, due to the fact that they were massively buffed recently to decrease lag and thus permit more lenient follow-ups.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
:4zss: -1 = I always do this just because I personally don't feel she is top 3. Sure good representation, but she is not better than any characters and has very predictable combos that can be hard to manage at times
:4falcon:+1 = Just a really good character that should be in the section above him
:4luigi: +1 = He's pretty good so I'll give him a vote up

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
:4feroy:-1. Still no results. Hasn't the hype died down yet? I might change once some results come in.
:4ryu:-1. Also no results. Plus much fewer people are actually playing him.
:4myfriends:+1. Compared to the previous tier list, he hasn't really moved much considering how many buffs he's gotten.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
+:4marth:Its probably because of the dlc hype, but Marth is at minimum equal to Roy. If I had enough votes I'd down vote Roy as well.
-:4tlink: Why is he so high?
+:4falco: I feel I know the character well, the recent buffs were bigger than some people realize. He doesn't belong in low tier, at worst solid mid tier.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
:4mario:+1
:4feroy:-1
:4tlink:-1

Tier 3 is way too big. We should really focus on that.

Other things:
Guys, before you vote Luigi (this guy: :4luigi:) up, just think: "why do I think this character is so good?" It can't be his results, because he has had little to no success at majors. It can't be his match-ups because he has more than one hard counter, and he doesn't invalidate any character like Shiek can.

I'd like to point out, again, that Yoshi :4yoshi: has no results whatsoever. People say that he's just not popular in America, and he gets top-tier results in Japan, but I refer you to this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/japanese-results-compendium.407296/

I also think that :4sheik: belongs in a tier of her own. She has no negative match-ups, and very few even. She's the worst match-up, or one of the worst, for most characters.

:4diddy:-1 Honestly, ZeRo 3-0ed Mr. R. with Diddy because he's the God of this game. With the death of the hoohah and up throw, Diddy has to set up from a weakened Down Tilt. Ideally bottom tier 3.
For a second I thought you were saying he was bottom 3 in the game. I was really confused.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
+1 :4lucina: She really isn't objectively worse than Marth, imo. But I do think as it stands, Marth is a better character. A lot of it stems from the fact people think tipper will objectively make him better when it ignores what it gives to her back in terms of raw damage and power from any range outside of just at a specific spacing. I do think Marth is better but I think people call her really bad when with the buffs she really has gotten a lot better.

+1 :4mario: He has shown he can stand among the top tiers very efficently, even more so than Captain Falcon imo. A solid combo game, good fast aerials, a good set of rounded tool to help in a lot of match-ups. He is a solid character and I think he stands out to me more than the others and some above him.

+1 :4myfriends: He doesn't have prominence yet, but this character got huge buffs. More than any other character in the last patch. He was pretty alright as is pre patch. Post patch it pushes his power immensely. I think he is a solid contender by far, his aerials are super fast with enough raw power behind them.

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
+:4marth:Its probably because of the dlc hype, but Marth is at minimum equal to Roy.
Heavy Disagree here. While I don't mind you up voting him saying he's at minimum compared to Roy is just wrong.

Roy actually has throw combos, his Neutral B actually has use against half-decent players and he has much more consistent follow-ups and KO moves.

Roy likely was somewhat overhyped at launch but he's still easily a step or two above Marth.

Top Bottom