• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
I hate having to bear the bad news, but you can only vote for three characters at a time now.
I think I'll always be that guy.
If people vote for more than 3 I only count the first three, they will eventually realise it is 3 only. Don't feel obligated to correct people who don't read the rules.

Also, my old brawl tier list had something like 1500 votes cast over a period of 8 months. this thread is up to like... 3k votes in much less time x_x (since it was put on hold for about 3 months). So much counting to do. Having a decently larger roster does this too.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4duckhunt: +1
:4myfriends: -1 (Too high for now. At least wait until results come in before placing him so far up)
:4kirby: -1 (Same as Ike)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
People voting people down because "They don't have good results" :facepalm:

Because we don't already pretty much have a results tier list in the ranking section

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
People voting people down because "They don't have good results" :facepalm:

Because we don't already pretty much have a results tier list in the ranking section
How is that facepalm worthy? Tier-lists are supposed to reflect the results each character gets and what the community thinks of them. Results>>>>any amount of theory no matter how valid/solid. Kirby doesn't have good or, well, ANY results yet really (no one plays him) so I'm uncomfortable with placing him above characters like Olimar and R.O.B. who actually do things in-tournament.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
How is that facepalm worthy? Tier-lists are supposed to reflect how good each character is and what the community thinks of them. Results<<<< any amount of theory no matter how valid/solid. Kirby doesn't have good or, well, ANY results yet really (no one plays him) so I'm uncomfortable with placing him above characters like Olimar and R.O.B. who actually do things in-tournament.
Fixed your messege. Changed stuff are in bold.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Fixed your messege. Changed stuff are in bold.
You can't just tell people he's on the same level as Wario, Olimar, and R.O.B. and expect them to believe that without the results to back it up. They don't have very many players either but they usually whoop *** whenever they DO show up. You can't say that about Kirby like, at all. Hell, he's one of the characters that benefits the most from customs and he STILL has yet to make a splash at a tournament!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
If there was a character with the same moveset as sheik and noone played it then that character will still be low tier :V

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
THIS is what a results tier list is, according to the rankings section (Assuming that top 8 is what you assume is good rankings)

S::4diddy:

A::4sheik::4falcon::4mario:

B::4luigi::4ness::4sonic::4fox:

C::4yoshi::rosalina::4zss::4pikachu::4rob:

D::4villager::4littlemac::4megaman::4kirby::4olimar:

E::4dedede::4dk::4shulk::4tlink::4greninja::4link::4bowser::4ganondorf::4palutena:

F::4metaknight::4marth::4peach::4robinm::4duckhunt::4wario:

G::4bowserjr::4lucario::4myfriends::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4samus::4pit:

H::4miibrawl::4wiifit::4gaw::4drmario::4falco::4darkpit:

I::4lucina::4pacman::4zelda:

Z::4miisword::4miigun:

Dlc charcters not added because they wren't always here since the start of the game.

THAT is the rankings tier list, if you go by the official rankings on here. Doesn't look that good, does it? Because if you diaagree with one single character, ONE single character, it isn't a rankings tier list. Don't like that list? Then don't do tier lists by rankings. Go by the CHARACTER ITSELF. THEN it may look better.

Also, I'm not complaining about you voting Kirby down, I'm complaining about voting a character down because of results in general.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
If there was a character with the same moveset as sheik and noone played it then that character will still be low tier :V
EXACTATLY. Results should have MUCH less usage than the character itself for tier lists

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
EXACTATLY. Results should have MUCH less usage than the character itself for tier lists
what. i think you misinterpreted that wrong. I'm saying that I can proclaim to be the fastest person in the world but if I don't win any races nor show any promising features, then there's no point.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Theory still has it's place in a tier-list but results are far more important, that's the message I'm trying to get across. The majority of Kirby players don't even get very far in their local tournaments, much less important ones like regionals/nationals.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Using your logic, you're saying opinions don't matter. Gangnam Style has more views than any other youtube video. Guess it's better than any other youtubenvideo or song in the world. Wii Sports got the most amount of sales out of any video games, guess it's the best video game ever. The PS4 got more sales than the Wii U, guess PS4 is better than the Wii U. China has the biggest population in the world, guess it's the best country in the world.

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
...Countless arguments I have prolonged in this thread...
First of all your double posts are annoying beyond belief.

Second you keep making claims to Results = Popularity. This is just false. There is a difference between personal preference and the same few characters emerging victorious at tons of tourneys(major and minor) around the world.

Third basing a character off of the character alone is blind and foolish. You can sit here all day saying so'n'so is the best(or decent even), but what good is your claim when no one has been able to do anything with them.

Yes, tiers do reflect the results, not potential. This is why melee viewed yoshi as meh until amsa showed everyone with his results on what yoshi is capable of. A tier list should be based off of facts not opinions.(even at this stage in ssb4's meta dev.)

Everything anyone here says is conjecture until it is proven by a competitive placement.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
THIS is what a results tier list is, according to the rankings section (Assuming that top 8 is what you assume is good rankings)

S::4diddy:

A::4sheik::4falcon::4mario:

B::4luigi::4ness::4sonic::4fox:

C::4yoshi::rosalina::4zss::4pikachu::4rob:

D::4villager::4littlemac::4megaman::4kirby::4olimar:

E::4dedede::4dk::4shulk::4tlink::4greninja::4link::4bowser::4ganondorf::4palutena:

F::4metaknight::4marth::4peach::4robinm::4duckhunt::4wario:

G::4bowserjr::4lucario::4myfriends::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4samus::4pit:

H::4miibrawl::4wiifit::4gaw::4drmario::4falco::4darkpit:

I::4lucina::4pacman::4zelda:

Z::4miisword::4miigun:

Dlc charcters not added because they wren't always here since the start of the game.

THAT is the rankings tier list, if you go by the official rankings on here. Doesn't look that good, does it? Because if you diaagree with one single character, ONE single character, it isn't a rankings tier list. Don't like that list? Then don't do tier lists by rankings. Go by the CHARACTER ITSELF. THEN it may look better.

Also, I'm not complaining about you voting Kirby down, I'm complaining about voting a character down because of results in general.
One thing, ZSS is below Mario because of results? Nairo and Nick Riddle both got top 8 a CEO, js. Also, Dark Pit as well for Nairo. Ito for Meta Knight above Peach. And there are more Shiek players with good results than Diddy Players. This should not be used as an argumetn at all. Also I apoligize for the triple post.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
First of all your double posts are annoying beyond belief.

Second you keep making claims to Results = Popularity. This is just false. There is a difference between personal preference and the same few characters emerging victorious at tons of tourneys(major and minor) around the world.

Third basing a character off of the character alone is blind and foolish. You can sit here all day saying so'n'so is the best(or decent even), but what good is your claim when no one has been able to do anything with them.

Yes, tiers do reflect the results, not potential. This is why melee viewed yoshi as meh until amsa showed everyone with his results on what yoshi is capable of. A tier list should be based off of facts not opinions.(even at this stage in ssb4's meta dev.)

Everything anyone here says is conjecture until it is proven by a competitive placement.
I meant by how much they played. Of course showing how good they are is needed, but people say a character should go down because people don't do good with them. Which would mean, for example, a character that is great (Let's pretend this is an alternate universe, and Zelda is great). Zelda is the best character in this alternate universe smash bros. There is also a good charcter in this game. ONLY good. Let's pretend the good character is Diddy Kong. Zelda is better than Diddy Kong. But almost nobody uses Zelda. At the same time, a lot of people use Diddy Kong. So would it make sense to say Diddy Kong is higher than Zelda on a tier list, despite Zelda being better than Diddy Kong? No. Why? Because a tier list should show the best character at the top. But if you place Diddy at the top, people will think Diddy is better than Zelda competitvly. Which is complety not true. See what I mean? Probably not. But it's still nice to type this anyway

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
One thing, ZSS is below Mario because of results? Nairo and Nick Riddle both got top 8 a CEO, js. Also, Dark Pit as well for Nairo. Ito for Meta Knight above Peach. And there are more Shiek players with good results than Diddy Players. This should not be used as an argumetn at all. Also I apoligize for the triple post.
I was going by the rankings page on here.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
I meant by how much they played. Of course showing how good they are is needed, but people say a character should go down because people don't do good with them. Which would mean, for example, a character that is great (Let's pretend this is an alternate universe, and Zelda is great). Zelda is the best character in this alternate universe smash bros. There is also a good charcter in this game. ONLY good. Let's pretend the good character is Diddy Kong. Zelda is better than Diddy Kong. But almost nobody uses Zelda. At the same time, a lot of people use Diddy Kong. So would it make sense to say Diddy Kong is higher than Zelda on a tier list, despite Zelda being better than Diddy Kong? No. Why? Because a tier list should show the best character at the top. But if you place Diddy at the top, people will think Diddy is better than Zelda competitvly. Which is complety not true. See what I mean? Probably not. But it's still nice to type this anyway
Dude...stop double (triple) posting...

That being said, I get what you're trying to say, but you're still wrong. A good character can be higher than a great or the best character on a tier list. That's because tier lists are about results, more specifically, who you are most likely to win with.

So how can a good character be higher than a great or the best character? Because the theory-crafting has not been put into action yet. That's why tier lists CHANGE. :jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee:jumped like 10 spots in Melee. Hell, :zeldamelee:first appeared in 6th! :sheikmelee:was undisputed number 1 for like the first 7 tier lists. TIERS CHANGE and they change based on results.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Remember this is a community tier list.

"Base your votes on ANYTHING you want. This is a community list. If you think tourney results are all that matters, use them. If your scene has a lot of a certain character and you cant beat them, vote them up. Put characters where YOU think they should be, not where everyone else does."
-Browny

And srsly stop double posting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom