• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Remember this is a community tier list.

"Base your votes on ANYTHING you want. This is a community list. If you think tourney results are all that matters, use them. If your scene has a lot of a certain character and you cant beat them, vote them up. Put characters where YOU think they should be, not where everyone else does."
-Browny

And srsly stop double posting.

This, listen to this man.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Dude...stop double (triple) posting...

That being said, I get what you're trying to say, but you're still wrong. A good character can be higher than a great or the best character on a tier list. That's because tier lists are about results, more specifically, who you are most likely to win with.

So how can a good character be higher than a great or the best character? Because the theory-crafting has not been put into action yet. That's why tier lists CHANGE. :jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee:jumped like 10 spots in Melee. Hell, :zeldamelee:first appeared in 6th! :sheikmelee:was undisputed number 1 for like the first 7 tier lists. TIERS CHANGE and they change based on results.
"Who you are most likely to win with". That depends on how good the character, not how others did.

D

Deleted member 269706

Drop the arguments. If someone is sad/butthurt/surprised/happy/etc. because a character moved up or down, there's no need to start an argument with them or laugh at them. Some people will be more loyal to their mains than you, no need to insult them for it. And remember, it's a COMMUNITY TIER LIST BUILT ON BOTH OPINIONS AND FACTS. IT ISN'T GOING TO BE PERFECT. Don't make it personal, just let people vote how they please.

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Drop the arguments. If someone is sad/butthurt/surprised/happy/etc. because a character moved up or down, there's no need to start an argument with them or laugh at them. Some people will be more loyal to their mains than you, no need to insult them for it. And remember, it's a COMMUNITY TIER LIST BUILT ON BOTH OPINIONS AND FACTS. IT ISN'T GOING TO BE PERFECT. Don't make it personal, just let people vote how they please.
Well said.

This is a disagreement of what should fundamentally determine how we vote.
Thankfully @ Browny Browny already stated to vote based on whatever we want
So quit the arguing and just vote what you want.
If someone else votes a way you don't like, then use your next votes to counteract them.
If a lot of people vote against you, then the community has spoken.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Well said.

This is a disagreement of what should fundamentally determine how we vote.
Thankfully @ Browny Browny already stated to vote based on whatever we want
So quit the arguing and just vote what you want.
If someone else votes a way you don't like, then use your next votes to counteract them.
If a lot of people vote against you, then the community has spoken.
ayee
"Spend your votes on what YOU think needs them, not to counter out other peoples votes because usually, a counter vote will end up being wasted if you try to turn the tides in a popular movement." - Browny
Ze Brown has spoken

Browny

Smash Hater
Yep...

Vote for who you want. I don't read this thread to see the arguments but if people are attacking others opinions, feel free to report their posts.

An ideal post should have your votes and nothing more. If you want to write your reasoning, thats perfectly fine.

Attacking other peoples reasonings without making a vote in the process is not on though, so dont do it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Basic funnel effect. As something goes on for longer periods of time, without extra hype or advertising, said thing will slowly lose steam.
Well, I think it's good now. It's just the votes come out more evenly per day now, rather than almost every single vote coming the first two days

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Christ, is Yoshi even going to be high tier after this frenzy?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4duckhunt:+1: Unpopular as he is, you can't deny that he is perfectly capable of putting in work, especially on stages with platforms.
:4feroy:+1: Absolutely way too low. Definitely top 15, maybe even top 10.
:4myfriends:-1: On the other hand, Ike most certainly should not be above Roy by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
+1 luigi- he went a bit way too far down
+1 pit- im still trying to get him above dark pit cuz that makes a lot of sense, he is the better clone
-1 fox, hes good but not better than ness and luigi

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
+1:4diddy:
+1:4ness:
-1 :4sonic:

Also :4feroy: being Top 10 lol :facepalm:

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4zss: (What is this all girls club tier?)

2: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4fox: :4ness:

3: :4luigi::4yoshi: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4metaknight: :4peach: :4wario: :4kirby: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4shulk: :4darkpit:

4::4myfriends::4ryu::4lucas::4feroy::4pit::4greninja::4pacman::4link:

5: :4miibrawl: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4falco: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowser:

6: :4marth: :4robinf: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4mewtwo::4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4dk: :4samus:

7: :4wiifit: :4zelda: :4miigun: :4miisword:

Once again, first three are my actual votes.

+1:4kirby: Just to make sure he won't go down, and because he could go up a little but more

-1:4greninja:What did he need to get up THERE? Bias? He has like one good attack, a good recovery, good speed, and that's it

+1:4yoshi:I don't trust everyone with voting him up now, so I have to do it instead of upvoting Dedede or Toon Link. He has great speed, great koing ability, good damage doing, good camping, and his special moves are pretty good, along with air attacks and smashes.

+1:4dedede: Damage, Knockback, and range is too good for thus low, even if he's really laggy and slow.

+1:4tlink: I'm really surprised people let him this far down tbh. His projectile and speed are too good

+1:4wiifitm:Not that good, but not THAT bad

+1:4zelda: Same as Wii Fit Trainer

-1:4marth:Should replace Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda

-1:4lucina:^

+1:4pikachu:Comboing, damage, Koing ability, and recovery (Which is amazing btw), and speed is too good to not be in 1.

+1:4luigi: @ Browny Browny I think there was a mistake. he didn't get up to -10 votes.

-1:4metaknight:How to exaggerate how underrated a character is.

+1:4mario:If Yoshi goes up to the next tier, and Fox stays there, Mario should go up too.

-1:4ness: Should stay in 3 until Mario goes to tier 2.

+1:4pacman: Dat placement though. But serisualy, he has great projectile, great recovery, and great ko power, what happened here

-1:4drmario:He's still up there?

-1:4falco:^

+1:4dk:Offense power, range, great koing ability, are too good for this low.

+1:4jigglypuff: Should be in tier 4 due to amazing comboing, and good recovery

-1:4darkpit: He didn't go down last time. Troll enough.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+1 Luigi(Top 5)
+1 Pit(Better than Dark Pit, donw downvote dark pit guys, vote for pit.)
+1 Kirby(To avoid downvotesas I already see them on the horizon

Also why do my mains take up more than half a tier, S-tier, but still.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

3: :4luigi::4yoshi: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4metaknight: :4peach: :4wario: :4kirby: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4shulk: :4darkpit:

5: :4miibrawl: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4falco: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowser:

6: :4marth: :4robinf: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4mewtwo::4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4dk: :4samus:

Once again, first three are my actual votes.

+1:4kirby: Just to make sure he won't go down, and because he could go up a little but more

-1:4greninja:What did he need to get up THERE? Bias? He has like one good attack, a good recovery, good speed, and that's it

+1:4yoshi:I don't trust everyone with voting him up now, so I have to do it instead of upvoting Dedede or Toon Link. He has great speed, great koing ability, good damage doing, good camping, and his special moves are pretty good, along with air attacks and smashes.

+1:4dedede: Damage, Knockback, and range is too good for thus low, even if he's really laggy and slow.

+1:4tlink: I'm really surprised people let him this far down tbh. His projectile and speed are too good

+1:4wiifitm:Not that good, but not THAT bad

+1:4zelda: Same as Wii Fit Trainer

-1:4marth:Should replace Wii Fit Trainer and Zelda

-1:4lucina:^

+1:4pikachu:Comboing, damage, Koing ability, and recovery (Which is amazing btw), and speed is too good to not be in 1.

+1:4luigi: @ Browny Browny I think there was a mistake. he didn't get up to -10 votes.

-1:4metaknight:How to exaggerate how underrated a character is.

+1:4mario:If Yoshi goes up to the next tier, and Fox stays there, Mario should go up too.

-1:4ness: Should stay in 3 until Mario goes to tier 2.

+1:4pacman: Dat placement though. But serisualy, he has great projectile, great recovery, and great ko power, what happened here

-1:4drmario:He's still up there?

-1:4falco:^

+1:4dk:Offense power, range, great koing ability, are too good for this low.

+1:4jigglypuff: Should be in tier 4 due to amazing comboing, and good recovery

-1:4darkpit: He didn't go down last time. Troll enough.
Meta Knight is a very underatted character. He has so much potential, sorry for double post

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
:4wario: +1 He's an all around beast
:4miigun: +1 Gunner is seriously underrated, even with 1111 moveset
:4pit: +1 Patient players can do amazing things with both Pits

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

:4miigun: + 1 Not exactly sure why Mii Gunner is in the bottom tier, I'm guessing general inexperience with the character and low usage?
:4yoshi: + 1 Why this dinosaur has more aerial mobility than :4jigglypuff: is something I'll probably never learn.
:4luigi: + 1 I bet ten dollars that the real reason you keep getting demoted tiers is due to Waluigi's meddling.

+ 1 For creating a legacy affecting millions and being a awesome dude overall. Truly belongs in SSS tier.

Top Bottom