• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
@ Browny Browny Okay so maybe it's already been answered, but since nobody answered me I'll just ask again.

"Could we please just combine :4pit::4darkpit:&:4marth::4lucina: for the early voting of this tier list. They're not EXACTLY the same, but they're close enough that they'll likely end up either right next to each other or 1 or 2 spots away. We can separate them at the final stages of the list later, but for now, I feel this might be better so we can stop seeing wasted votes to upvote one next to the other. I'm sure some people think :4ness::4lucas: should be put near each other too, but I think they're way too different."

If this has already been explained before then my apologies.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
@ Browny Browny Okay so maybe it's already been answered, but since nobody answered me I'll just ask again.

"Could we please just combine :4pit::4darkpit:&:4marth::4lucina: for the early voting of this tier list. They're not EXACTLY the same, but they're close enough that they'll likely end up either right next to each other or 1 or 2 spots away. We can separate them at the final stages of the list later, but for now, I feel this might be better so we can stop seeing wasted votes to upvote one next to the other. I'm sure some people think :4ness::4lucas: should be put near each other too, but I think they're way too different."

they arent the same characters, and people may have opinions that they arent close together. Putting these characters as one slot takes away a big aspect of the voting process. There is no need, we didnt do it before, the answer is no.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
However slight some differences may be, they can affect the outcome, which may end up shifting where they may end up in the tier lists, because even the slightest difference can change a match up, so I'd rather not glue the characters together.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman

I agree that Pit and Dark Pit ought to share a spot. Dark Pit is inferior, but the two are still extremely close. Dark Pit is the least original character in the entire series. He's practically a palette swap. (Hell, he originated as a palette swap.) And, as it is, if someone wants to vote Pit +1 then they'll also have to vote Dark Pit +1 to make sure that they don't get too far from one another. It forces people to waste two votes on what is essentially one character.

Marth is better than Lucina by enough that they should be separate. The tipper makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I agree that Pit and Dark Pit ought to share a spot. Dark Pit is inferior, but the two are still extremely close. Dark Pit is the least original character in the entire series. He's practically a palette swap. (Hell, he originated as a palette swap.) And, as it is, if someone wants to vote Pit +1 then they'll also have to vote Dark Pit +1 to make sure that they don't get too far from one another. It forces people to waste two votes on what is essentially one character.

Marth is better than Lucina by enough that they should be separate. The tipper makes a huge difference.
thats not for you to decide really

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
The Dark Pit placing is ridiculous. He needs manual bump next to Pit.

Dark Pit +1
Zelda -1
Luigi +1

Last edited:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Okay. I will never express my reasonable opinions again. Excuse me while I sit in this corner and cry myself to sleep.
What they meant is that both you and @ shadowmm151 shadowmm151 are doing is expressing opinions, as you stated. But not everyone agrees with that opinion.

Pit and Dark pit are similar, but not so similar that people like Nairo show a clear preference(for the one you consider inferior).
Just because a lot of people think they should be grouped, a lot of people likely think they shouldnt.

Same goes for Marth/Lucina or Ness/Lucas, what about Mario/Dr Mario.
They're all very similar with minor modifications. True Pit/Dark Pit have less differences, but they are differences regardless.
True Palette swaps like Olimar/Alph are grouped as they should, the rest are seperate and independent characters.

As this is a poll of people expressing their opinions, no one can win out if it removes other peoples choices. You can choose to vote both of them, or you can choose not to. If you group them, then other people don't get a choice to express their opinion properly.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
We should have a vote on whether or not Pit and Dark Pit should be right next to each other.

PsiPax

Smash Rookie
:4luigi:+1 He has amazing combo game and with his specials when gets lucky it can be game over pretty quickly. Plus a nicely placed down taunt.

:4ryu:+1 Incredible combo game. Alternate inputs give him an edge.

:4shulk:+1 The potential of Monado Arts is insane. Buster can rack up damage easily and speed can certainly get some damage too. Smash helps but Shulk can already KO pretty early. His counter is also pretty OP. He can space well too.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
:4pacman: +1 (Untapped potential in the fruits, people have already found a way to catch the Key, so many combos incorporating the hydrant and Side-B, as well as using the fruits to their limits, fantastic recovery)

:4dedede: +1 (Fun Fact: He can hit the Gordos back. Good D-Throw combos, Gordos lead to some great edge-guarding and combos, easy kill moves, good recovery)

:4luigi: +1 (Nintendo needs to nerf this little **** so hard. Too many D-Throw combos, good kill moves, great edge-guarding, good recovery, lots of options)

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Kirby +1(He is too low imo, should be top half.)
Ike +1(I think he should be a tad bit higher because of the new buffs)
Lucina +1(TIME TO CHANGE YOUR FATE, YOU WILL NOT STOP ME from giving her a +1, I CHALLENGE MY FATE because I know I won't be last place, WHATEVER IT TAKES i will beat Robin, FORGET ABOUT ME Robin. In all seriousness shes better than Robin.)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Chill. It's only been 2 days, and Browny said he'd update it every three days. Besides, this is a community project, and some people vote on the "last" day. (Besides, Browny technically can update this whenever he likes. Don't be so impatient.)
No, it's been three votes. Also,did I say I got angry?

Browny

Smash Hater

They will find their place next to each other in the end, so no I won't combine them since even if I did they would probably separate shortly after anyway during the chaos of the early rounds. I'd then have to have it set up that a vote to move pit/marth, also moves dark pit/lucina and that would just confuse some people.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
They will find their place next to each other in the end, so no I won't combine them since even if I did they would probably separate shortly after anyway during the chaos of the early rounds. I'd then have to have it set up that a vote to move pit/marth, also moves dark pit/lucina and that would just confuse some people.
Alright no problem. Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom