• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Pit and Dark Pit have like, equal results lol. All the Dark Pit mains use Pit a lot too, and vice versa.
not true, Nairo now exclusively uses Dark Pit, and often pulls him out as a Counterpick character.

Results against whom? Rosaluma? And based upon what? Popularity?
Just because he has one favorable MU and is overall more widely used, it does not- by any means, make him better than Pit.
When one of his favorable MUs is one of the top 3 characters in the cast, he might have some extra viability in one's eyes. People are saying pit's arrows are what make him better than dp, but Dark Pit's versatility with side b has really proven that dark pit has some cool ****.

Now I still believe pit is better, but when a character has 1. Better national tournament results (especially when the other has none) 2. A better MU against a top tier character 3. A jank as hell side b, it isn't too hard to make a case for them. Most people just say "pit's arrows can move more and his side b kills".

:4jigglypuff:+1
:4miisword:+1 (trela has proved this)
:4myfriends:-1 not quite there yet...

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4darkpit: Pit and Dark Pit were equal before, now Dark Pit is two tiers lower? Wow. Just him up one, Pit down one and I'll be happy.
+:4bowserjr: Just into the tier above, then later, he'll hopefully settle somewhere in there when tiers become ranked.
+:4pacman: He was better up a tier. He's a little overrated but still good.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik::rosalina:

2::4pikachu::4zss::4sonic::4diddy:

3: :4luigi::4ness::4yoshi::4fox::4falcon::4mario::4villager::4feroy::4lucas::4lucario::4metaknight::4peach::4pit::4wario:

4::4pacman::4ryu::4greninja::4myfriends::4rob::4miibrawl::4shulk::4kirby::4megaman::4olimar:

5: :4darkpit::4falco::4tlink::4robinf::4duckhunt::4gaw::4bowserjr::4drmario::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4link::4marth:

6: :4wiifit::4charizard::4lucina::4zelda::4dk::4miigun::4bowser::4dedede::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4samus:

7: :4miisword::4palutena:
+1 for his Majesty :4dedede:
+ 1 :4luigi: The unloved brother of Mario has never been that good in Smash Bros, until now. You can tell how much he wants to stay this way, he's got excellent combos, and is overall a very strong character, really should be up there with Pika at least.

- 1 :4pit: Pit really shouldn't be two tiers above Dark Pit, sure he's the better Pit arguably, but not by 2 whole tiers, not to mention I don't feel like he should be so high up in the first place.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
not true, Nairo now exclusively uses Dark Pit, and often pulls him out as a Counterpick character.

When one of his favorable MUs is one of the top 3 characters in the cast, he might have some extra viability in one's eyes. People are saying pit's arrows are what make him better than dp, but Dark Pit's versatility with side b has really proven that dark pit has some cool ****.

Now I still believe pit is better, but when a character has 1. Better national tournament results (especially when the other has none) 2. A better MU against a top tier character 3. A jank as hell side b, it isn't too hard to make a case for them. Most people just say "pit's arrows can move more and his side b kills".

:4miisword:+1 (trela has proved this)
:4myfriends:-1 not quite there yet...
Oh, he only uses Dark Pit now? well then I guess dark pit has more in that case

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Is it so hard to get Pit and Dark Pit right next to each other, where they belong?

SamBamBamz

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBamBamz
3DS FC
0216-1540-8113
+1 :4robinm: Should not be placed so lowly, as I feel as Robin is severely an underdog in tiers. His slowness is there for his power, projectile, zoning, spacing, and book-throwing abilities. Just because Nairo uses Zero Suit, and not Robin that much, doesn't mean Robin does not have any potential.

+1 :4darkpit: Dark Pit should be with Pit in the same tier level, even if he is a "clone". The only difference is their side B being different, Electroshock's damage vs. Upperdash Arm's knockback. And I still find it odd that it would place him a whole tier under Pit.

+1 :4lucina: Although a "clone" of Marth, she does not need to space properly like Marth does, and has similar attributes for killing options. She should not be a whole tier away from Marth, and I feel as if she is overlooked just because of being placed in the "clone" category.

kylexv

Smash Master
The Tier List is looking pretty good right now except for a few exceptions.

:4darkpit:+1: He's worse than Pit but two tiers lower? He should be almost right next to :4pit:.
:4shulk:+1: Still feel like he is overlooked.
:4zss: -1: I get that Nairo got to Grand Finals with her, but there are certain characters that I feel are a little better.

To everyone after this post: Make sure not to vote Dark Pit too high. I see a lot of people voting him up.

Last edited:

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
+1 :4peach: to offset ^^ guy. I think she's fine where she is, Peach does have flaws but is solidly a top 20 character. @ kylexv kylexv read this: http://peachsmash4.weebly.com.
+1 :4palutena: lol @ her position. Not the worst without customs, unlike some people think.
-1 :4metaknight: I think he's mid-tier, correct me if I'm wrong though and I might change it.

Last edited:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4marth: - Honestly I had kind of written him off but with the 1.0.8 changes he is definitely mid tier material at least. His jab leading into things alone makes a lot of difference.

-1 :4pit: - I feel that he needs to be closer to Dark Pit and I think that if they meet in between their current tiers it would be best atm.

+1 :4luigi: - I'm torn here between luigi going up or ZSS going down but I'll vote this.

robotic jo

Smash Rookie
+1 :4villager: Already explained before.

+1 :4littlemac: Most people don't use him properly. He is meant to be used defensively so I think he should be higher.

+1 :4lucas: Lucas should be higher than Ness always. Even if people think he is a clone, he has the rope snake, 2 spikes and an up smash that kills at 40%. He also has good down throw combos.

I tried not to make it the same as before.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
My god, we SERIOUSALY need 5 votes here. Litertatly 90% of votes are on :4luigi::4mario::4ganondorf::4lucas::4lucina::4bowser::4zelda::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4myfriends: :4olimar::4palutena:And then EVERYONE else that needs votes are being COMPLETLY ignored, like :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4greninja::4bowserjr::4metaknight::4yoshi::4diddy::4fox::4dedede::4pacman::4littlemac::4link::4tlink::4megaman::4marth::4pikachu::4shulk::4miigun::substitute:, wheither they need to go down (Like :4gaw::4greninja: for example) or up (Like :4dedede::4kirby:).

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
thats a good point but afaik falcon mains dont win any tournaments without extensive use of their secondaries, which is characteristic of characters who aren't all that.
not to mention im not sure there's been a case of a falcon even making it to top 8 in a national tournament, but i couldn't tell you 100%. gonna be real i mostly -1'd falcon because i honestly can't possibly see him as better than characters like mario, or villager for example.

as for diddy kong i do feel like he's now worse than falcon... or at least loses the matchup, considering it wasn't a **** matchup in 1.0.5 to begin with... it was in diddy's favor but it wasn't the worst **** in the world.

diddy's nerfs matter more than people on this board let on, the character has a much harder time keeping opponents from returning to neutral, and although diddy's neutral game is still above-average, his ability to keep opponents out of position is pretty weak compared to a lot of characters right now.
i mean i could be wrong about all of this im not even a diddy main but... yknow i'd be surprised if it weren't pretty much the case.
That's a fair point. I just don't like that so many people want to put Falcon down when he actually wins. It's less about what you said and more about what I see. Pikachu is on everyone's top 3-5, but only ESAM has done anything with him. Also, I agree Diddy is worse now, but not so much out of the top 15. I wouldn't even put up a big argument for top 10 either. ZeRo and MVD both rocked out with him at CEO so it's obvious Diddy still has all the tools to be that high...he just isn't brainless hoo-hah anymore.

As for the votes...
:4myfriends:+1. I feel he's top 20(-25) and I'm not budging on that.
:4feroy:-1. Still hard to see him so high with nothing, but first impressions and hype. Sorry.
:4link:+1. I just wrecked some solid players today with him in MUs they used to destroy me in. The buffs are real.

As a side note, @ Browny Browny could we please just combine :4pit::4darkpit:&:4marth::4lucina: for the early voting of this tier list. They're not EXACTLY the same, but they're close enough that they'll likely end up either right next to each other or 1 or 2 spots away. We can separate them at the final stages of the list later, but for now, I feel this might be better so we can stop seeing wasted votes to upvote one next to the other. I'm sure some people think :4ness::4lucas: should be put near each other too, but I think they're way too different.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh my God, Doc rose. And Jigglypuff rose too! This is delicious!

:4zss:-1
:4diddy: -1

Last edited:

A_Kae

Smash Ace
+1 :4ryu: - Ryu
+1 :4marth: - Marth
+1 :4zss: - Zero Suit Samus

All three are too low for how good they are.

Also, @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor , it's three votes only, not five.

Last edited:
Top Bottom