• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
DaMN y is :4myfriends: so overhyped? You guys need 2 really get a grip. A couple buffs and now :4myfriends: is top tier? Smh
Ike has always been a solid character. He's not top-tier, but he's not bottom tier either. I'd say he's mid-tier or so.

Browny

Smash Hater
Roy Ryu -1
Lucario Yoshi Wario +1
Just as a note to everyone, Ike has +10. If he isn't down-voted once, he'll be where he was last time, creating an endless chain.

Also #VoteupKirby
You need to stop posting misinformation in this thread, seriously.

You dont know the dynamics of how I work this list, fine. But don't go around telling people how it works if you dont know, so let me explain it to you.

Characters that move up 2 tiers go to the bottom of the higher tier and those that go down 2 tiers will go to the top. When characters move up a tier, they move into a position above or below other characters depending on where those characters came from.

For example if a character jumps up into the above tier with +9 votes, they will go above every character who moved up with them into that tier, but they will stay below characters who were already in that tier and those who came down into it. Even if a character in the tier got -2 votes, they would still be above the one that came in with a +9 from below.

This is the entire purpose of iteration, the core of this list. There will be large movements and fluctuations but they get less and less over time. If a character is too high and gets voted down 2 tiers, they are going to sit on the top of the lower tier. From there, people are FAR less likely to give that character +10 votes since they are just 1 place away from the higher tier. With the case of Ike, he came down from the top of rank 3 to the top of rank 5, but when he bounces back up, the absolute highest he can go is the bottom of rank 3. The amount he moves is less, thats why you cant make an endless chain because the characters simply cant bounce up and down 2 tiers unless they constantly get +10 and -10 votes, but that only ever happens in the very early phases and is quickly evened out within a week.

I am updating the votes now and will clarify a lot of issues in an FAQ in the OP and edit them into this post.

--- Updated :)

FAQ

Q) Can I vote +2, -3 etc.?
A) No, only + or -1 votes

Q) Why is [character] so low/high?
A) Because that's where they were voted in the last voting round, vote them where you think they should be!

Q) [Character] got enough votes but didnt move?
A) I may have made a mistake in the counting, let me know and I'll fix it. There is a lot of votes to go through.

Q) Is this customs legal?
A) For now, no. It depends if customs becomes the tournament standard. Since it is currently not, the list is customs off for the time being.

Q) Should I vote depending on what other people are voting on?
A) No! There is no point in people doing this since future votes can negate yours. Spend your votes on what YOU think needs them, not to counter out other peoples votes because usually, a counter vote will end up being wasted if you try to turn the tides in a popular movement.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4ness::4mario::4feroy::4peach:+1: I don't think I need to elaborate much, these are all really solid characters that deserve to go up a spot.
:4megaman:-1: Same tier as Pikachu, Fox, ZSS, Sonic, Diddy, and Yoshi? Yeah... no. Unless the Mega Meta makes some big advancements, he's not even close to being on the same level as any of these characters.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Roy Ryu -1
Lucario Yoshi Wario +1

You need to stop posting misinformation in this thread, seriously.

You dont know the dynamics of how I work this list, fine. But don't go around telling people how it works if you dont know, so let me explain it to you.

Characters that move up 2 tiers go to the bottom of the higher tier and those that go down 2 tiers will go to the top. When characters move up a tier, they move into a position above or below other characters depending on where those characters came from.

For example if a character jumps up into the above tier with +9 votes, they will go above every character who moved up with them into that tier, but they will stay below characters who were already in that tier and those who came down into it. Even if a character in the tier got -2 votes, they would still be above the one that came in with a +9 from below.

This is the entire purpose of iteration, the core of this list. There will be large movements and fluctuations but they get less and less over time. If a character is too high and gets voted down 2 tiers, they are going to sit on the top of the lower tier. From there, people are FAR less likely to give that character +10 votes since they are just 1 place away from the higher tier. With the case of Ike, he came down from the top of rank 3 to the top of rank 5, but when he bounces back up, the absolute highest he can go is the bottom of rank 3. The amount he moves is less, thats why you cant make an endless chain because the characters simply cant bounce up and down 2 tiers unless they constantly get +10 and -10 votes, but that only ever happens in the very early phases and is quickly evened out within a week.

I am updating the votes now and will clarify a lot of issues in an FAQ in the OP and edit them into this post.

--- Updated :)

FAQ

Q) Can I vote +2, -3 etc.?
A) No, only + or -1 votes

Q) Why is [character] so low/high?
A) Because that's where they were voted in the last voting round, vote them where you think they should be!

Q) [Character] got enough votes but didnt move?
A) I may have made a mistake in the counting, let me know and I'll fix it. There is a lot of votes to go through.

Q) Is this customs legal?
A) For now, no. It depends if customs becomes the tournament standard. Since it is currently not, the list is customs off for the time being.

Q) Should I vote depending on what other people are voting on?
A) No! There is no point in people doing this since future votes can negate yours. Spend your votes on what YOU think needs them, not to counter out other peoples votes because usually, a counter vote will end up being wasted if you try to turn the tides in a popular movement.
Oh, so when a charact ia at the top or bottom, they're technicially on their own tier. Sorry, that confused me

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
:4lucas:- (Great character, but not higher than Ness--I'd say high mid-tier).
:4metaknight:- ( Metaknight has proven to be good recently, but I seriously do not think he's amongst Falcon and ROB )
:4samus:+ (While she still has some flaws, the fact that her upsmash kills significantly earlier now makes me want to put her high in the "fourth tier")
:4feroy:+ (Roy is great. Nuff said.)
:4link:- (I've seen some potential in Link, but he does NOT belong next to Ness)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik::rosalina::4luigi:

2::4pikachu::4zss::4diddy::4sonic::4yoshi::4wario::4lucas::4fox::4megaman:

3: :4ness::4peach::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4falcon::4greninja::4kirby::4olimar::4pit::4shulk::4tlink::4lucario::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4miibrawl::4pacman::4robinf::4myfriends:

4: :4feroy::4ryu::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4gaw::4littlemac::4lucina::4miigun::4palutena::4samus::4zelda:

5: :4wiifit:
:4megaman: -1 What are you doing up there?
:4ness: +1 Really deserves to be a bit higher up.
:4metaknight: + 1 Rather underrated character, did you know he has a positive match up against :4sheik:?
:4pikachu: + 1 Every bit as good as :4luigi: and :rosalina:.
:4marth: - 1 I can't see why he'd be in the same tier as :4mario:,:4peach:,:4miibrawl:,:4villager:, and :4rob:.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik::rosalina::4luigi:

2::4pikachu::4zss::4diddy::4sonic::4yoshi::4wario::4lucas::4fox::4megaman:

3: :4ness::4peach::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4falcon::4greninja::4kirby::4olimar::4pit::4shulk::4tlink::4lucario::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4miibrawl::4pacman::4robinf::4myfriends:

4: :4feroy::4ryu::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4gaw::4littlemac::4lucina::4miigun::4palutena::4samus::4zelda:

5: :4wiifit:

+1 :4kirby: I said it before, and I don't know whre it was, so I'll try to say it again, Great Throws, Great Air Attacks, Great Up Tilt, Good smash attacks, GREAT comboing, can use other's neutral special, and can KO Good with well timed Hammers and Stones, good recovery, and could potentntially be top 10.

+1:4jigglypuff: Similar reason to Kirby. GREAT comboing, GREAT air attacks, good forward smash, can KO With muitiple airs, Pound, and Rest, Good recovery.

+1:4falcon: GREAT KO power, can get damage easily, great air attacks and specials, good Jab.

+1 :4darkpit: Why are Pit and Dark Pit in seperate tiers?

-1:4lucas: Better than Ness? Serisualy?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
-1 :4megaman: wtf is he doing there
-1 :4lucas:see: megaman
+1 :4wiifit: not a bottom character under any circumstance
+1 :4peach: time to write my masters thesis on why a frame 3 nair would make this character top tier
-1 :4robinf:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4kirby: +1: Even the downvote train.
:4jigglypuff: -1: Ehhhhh, not a good character, and shes being upvoted too much.
:4mewtwo: -1: Same ^^^
:4wario: -1: I get that hes all right, but better than Fox and Ness? naw.
:4lucas: -1: Probably the worst DLC character, only has jab lock combos to work with.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4kirby: +1: Even the downvote train.
:4jigglypuff: -1: Ehhhhh, not a good character, and shes being upvoted too much.
:4mewtwo: -1: Same ^^^
:4wario: +1: I get that hes all right, but better than Fox and Ness? naw.
:4lucas: -1: Probably the worst DLC character, only has jab lock combos to work with.
Was Wario a mistake? You upvoted him, but said "I get that hes all right, but better than Fox or Ness? naw." which implies you werre downvoting him

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
:4ness:+1 Ness is easily low top tier thanks to his throws and easy-bake combos
:4pikachu:-1 I still don't see how he his top tier. He can rack up damage but he has a hard time killing
:4ryu:+1 Lots and lots of combos can easily kill at low percentages.
:4falco:+1 He got buffed with more combos options.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
:4myfriends: +1 --- He's sitting at bottom of mid tier right now, but I think he's more suited to higher mid tier. Plus I'd like to keep him out of the lower tiers so this'll help.
:4feroy: +1 --- He's very overhyped right now but he doesn't belong in low tier. At the absolute most (for now) he should hit top of mid or bottom of high.
:4falcon: +1 --- I think people are too focused on only the negatives of the uair nerf. Yes you can't kill with it anymore (well not as well at least), but that also means you don't have to save it anymore and you can purposefully stale it with uair combos. Besides, as much as people want to say :4falcon: isn't a top tier, he has tourney results that other top tiers (:4pikachu:) do NOT have. :4falcon: does win, whether people like it or not.
:4ness: +1 --- Mid tier?! Ness is definitely top tier. PERIOD.

:4lucas: -1 --- In the same breath...why is he HIGHER than :4ness:?!?! :4ness:is established, has an amazing air game, probably the best nair I can think of and the best throw in the game. :4lucas: is hype right now... He's not bad by any means, but definitely not above :4ness:. Plus :4lucas: is a wuss too...

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
:4zelda: +1 She is absolutely not bottom tier. She got a guaranteed kill setup with the new patch and can now kill with her usmash earlier than any of her other smashes. Her neutral game isn't as bad as people say it is since she has disjoints. Her jab is especially good in her neutral game having only 8 frames of endlag and a fairly large disjoint on it. Plus, it's followed up by a guaranteed dash attack at low-mid percents on most characters for a guaranteed 20% if all hits connect and dash attack is sweetspotted. If she grabs you, she can put dish out upwards of 30% and can kill at 70% if she hits with a falling nair.
:4lucas: -1 I feel like putting him this high this early is premature.
:4mario: +1 Watch Ally. Mario is deadly.
:4ness: +1 Ness is definitely not mid tier. He's at least B tier with his great mid range game, guaranteed 30+ % on grab, and a kill throw make him a high tier threat.
:4ganondorf: -1 Default Ganon is not nearly as good as customs Ganon. His current placement is where customs Ganon belongs, not default. His recovery is terrible and he is forced to approach opponents in generally unsafe manners where customs fix this. Not bottom tier but not mid tier either.

Edit: For people thinking Megaman doesn't belong in high tiers. I invite them to watch Scatt play Megaman. He will prove that you're wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom