• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
You do realize the list is based on points and not actually positions, right? Swordfighter was voted so far down that it would take a lot of upvotes to move it at all. Also bear in mind this list is a clean slate too.
What do you mean, "voted so far down"? He only got 1 downvote during the last voting period....either way, the mistake was corrected so it doesn't matter anymore.

Browny

Smash Hater
People...

Diddy is bottom because thats where the knee-jerk reaction of people going 'lol diddy' sent him.

He is going to fly right back up to high tier and probably stay there. Remember the other list had like 30+ iterations for the first phase, diddy has a lot of time to get back up.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I don't a damn who ZeRo mains, with the Hoo-Ha gone, Diddy is insignificant. Definitely not better than Luigi and Rosalina. Look at the list. The people don't lie.
w-what? The people don't lie but they aren't correct either. Diddy is still high tier and there is no doubt about it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
w-what? The people don't lie but they aren't correct either. Diddy is still high tier and there is no doubt about it.
I never doubted he was high tier, but he's damn sure not top tier anymore. Who knows? He might even get pushed out of high. One things for sure, he's definitely not the best character in the game anymore. The Hoo-Ha Nation has fallen. Now, all we have to do is complain loudly enough about Sheik.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I never doubted he was high tier, but he's damn sure not top tier anymore. Who knows? He might even get pushed out of high. One things for sure, he's definitely not the best character in the game anymore. The Hoo-Ha Nation has fallen. Now, all we have to do is complain loudly enough about Sheik.
Diddy still has an incredible spacing game, one of the best projectiles in the game, and good aerial mobility. Trust me, he is still high tier. Top tier idk.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Diddy still has an incredible spacing game, one of the best projectiles in the game, and good aerial mobility. Trust me, he is still high tier. Top tier idk.
He does not have one of the projectiles in the game. His Peanuts are average at best. He's definitely not top tier anymore, and like I said, with the eradication of the Hoo-Ha, he's barely high tier.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Palutena is higher than anybody

I claim bull****, who let Palutena be better than Shulk or anyone here

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
He does not have one of the projectiles in the game. His Peanuts are average at best. He's definitely not top tier anymore, and like I said, with the eradication of the Hoo-Ha, he's barely high tier.

Credibility thrown RIGHT out the window. I'm not talking about the peanut, I'm talking about the banana. You know, the one that trips and combos into f-smash, grab, d-tilt, f-air, etc? Yeah that one.

The u-air was why he was the best, and now that that has been nerfed, he can take his rest in either bottom of top tier or high tier, but anything below is a HUGE stretch. Even ZeRo still thinks diddy is high tier, just not top.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Credibility thrown RIGHT out the window. I'm not talking about the peanut, I'm talking about the banana. You know, the one that trips and combos into f-smash, grab, d-tilt, f-air, etc? Yeah that one.

The u-air was why he was the best, and now that that has been nerfed, he can take his rest in either bottom of top tier or high tier, but anything below is a HUGE stretch. Even ZeRo still thinks diddy is high tier, just not top.
My credibility as opposed to yours? Who are you? Next time, be more specific.
You have to remember, top tier and high tier are relatively small. Sheik definitely deserves the spot as the only character in top tier because she has a good matchup against essentially everybody that's not Lucario. Diddy has far less than that, too many to be compared to Sheik, and a lot of people in high tier. As for ZeRo, I've been trained not to take anything he says at face value.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
My credibility as opposed to yours? Who are you? Next time, be more specific.
You have to remember, top tier and high tier are relatively small. Sheik definitely deserves the spot as the only character in top tier because she has a good matchup against essentially everybody that's not Lucario. Diddy has far less than that, too many to be compared to Sheik, and a lot of people in high tier. As for ZeRo, I've been trained not to take anything he says at face value.
*plays laugh track*
Okay, top and high tier will probably consist (in this patch) of maybe 15 characters. No character is in a tier alone, sheik has more bad MUs than just lucario, but diddy still excels against a lot of characters. There are a handful of characters better than him, but a lot more that are worse.

Sheik is not over-the-top best, heck even Fox in Melee isn't in his own tier and hes known as the best by a reasonable amount. Sheik has her share of not good MUs (Kirby, Lucario, etc) and thats that. ZeRo's word may not always been true, but this is a character he MAINS, and has for a long time. I am pretty sure thats good enough information.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
*plays laugh track*
Okay, top and high tier will probably consist (in this patch) of maybe 15 characters. No character is in a tier alone, sheik has more bad MUs than just lucario, but diddy still excels against a lot of characters. There are a handful of characters better than him, but a lot more that are worse.

Sheik is not over-the-top best, heck even Fox in Melee isn't in his own tier and hes known as the best by a reasonable amount. Sheik has her share of not good MUs (Kirby, Lucario, etc) and thats that. ZeRo's word may not always been true, but this is a character he MAINS, and has for a long time. I am pretty sure thats good enough information.
Thank you, I'll be here all night.
I hope you mean top and high tier together will equal 15, because if you're saying that top tier will have 15 characters, than YOUR credibility disappears. Sheik is definitely by herself. Who else would be up there with her?
Fox isn't in his own tier because in the handful of characters that are represented in Melee, a few of them actually do fairly well against him. But that's Melee, this is Smash 4.
I've trained not to take anything MarioMeteor says at face value
And you are?

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Thank you, I'll be here all night.
I hope you mean top and high tier together will equal 15, because if you're saying that top tier will have 15 characters, than YOUR credibility disappears. Sheik is definitely by herself. Who else would be up there with her?
Fox isn't in his own tier because in the handful of characters that are represented in Melee, a few of them actually do fairly well against him. But that's Melee, this is Smash 4.

And you are?
I mean top + high tier has 15. Sheik doesn't deserve her own tier. Wanna know who is just as good/in the same tier?

Luigi, Pikachu, and Rosalina. Boom, three examples for you. All characters with good MUs, good mobility, decent representation. There has never been a time where Sheik has been by herself in her own tier, even with all the patches. Also, Fox has no MUs where he is at a disadvantage, and only two where it is 50:50.

Sheik has even/bad MUs to: Kirby, Lucario, MK (apparantly, ask the MK boards for that one), Luigi. Thats off the top of my head. Sheik is good, top tier EASILY, most likely top 3. But she is not in her own tier.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I mean top + high tier has 15. Sheik doesn't deserve her own tier. Wanna know who is just as good/in the same tier?

Luigi, Pikachu, and Rosalina. Boom, three examples for you. All characters with good MUs, good mobility, decent representation. There has never been a time where Sheik has been by herself in her own tier, even with all the patches. Also, Fox has no MUs where he is at a disadvantage, and only two where it is 50:50.

Sheik has even/bad MUs to: Kirby, Lucario, MK (apparantly, ask the MK boards for that one), Luigi. Thats off the top of my head. Sheik is good, top tier EASILY, most likely top 3. But she is not in her own tier.
I had a feeling you'd say that. With the exception of maybe Rosalina, all of those three have either worse or less favorable matchups than Sheik, and FYI, Rosalina actually has no representation outside of Dabuz. Which is sad, but I guess since she's not "press _ to win," she's not appealing. Pikachu is understandable. Luigi, I don't feel can't stand up to Sheik, Pikachu, nor Rosalina, and he even loses to some characters way below him, like Mario and Mega Man. Fox definitely has some unfavorables. Any character that can combo him to kingdom come, namely Luigi, has a good matchup against Fox. I think Fox's current placement is perfect. Also, Sheik loses to Meta Knight? The ****?
just a parrot :falcomelee:
Right. Ignoring you.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I had a feeling you'd say that. With the exception of maybe Rosalina, all of those three have either worse or less favorable matchups than Sheik, and FYI, Rosalina actually has no representation outside of Dabuz. Which is sad, but I guess since she's not "press _ to win," she's not appealing. Pikachu is understandable. Luigi, I don't feel can't stand up to Sheik, Pikachu, nor Rosalina, and he even loses to some characters way below him, like Mario and Mega Man. Fox definitely has some unfavorables. Any character that can combo him to kingdom come, namely Luigi, has a good matchup against Fox. I think Fox's current placement is perfect. Also, Sheik loses to Meta Knight? The ****?

Right. Ignoring you.
About Fox, I'm talking about Melee Fox. Melee Fox does not have unfavourables. Trust me.

Rosalina does have good rep outside of dabuz, just there has only been a handful of big tourneys where they could place. Luigi is floaty (which means he is harder to combo), has the best d-throw and one of the best combo games, a decent recovery, a true meteor with down-b, true kill setup, good spike, etc.

Sheik loses (I guess, idk) to MK cuz MK is floaty and can combo sheik easily, sheik dies to his up-b early (and shes a fastfaller so up-b kill setups are easier), and Sheik cant gimp him. I think its 50:50 but the MK boards say 55:45, so idk.

I'm not saying they are better than Sheik, Sheik has a pretty good chance of being the best, but there are too many characters that can be compared to Sheik, so much so that saying she should be in her own tier isn't wise in the current meta.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
About Fox, I'm talking about Melee Fox. Melee Fox does not have unfavourables. Trust me.
Oh. There you go being unspecific again.

Rosalina does have good rep outside of dabuz, just there has only been a handful of big tourneys where they could place. Luigi is floaty (which means he is harder to combo), has the best d-throw and one of the best combo games, a decent recovery, a true meteor with down-b, true kill setup, good spike, etc.
Whoever it is, they're not very out there, cause the reason why Dabuz is undisputedly the best Rosalina is because no ones challenged him yet.
I know what Luigi has, I main him. Which is why I say he is in no way comparable to Pikachu, Rosalina, or Sheik.
I'm not saying they are better than Sheik, Sheik has a pretty good chance of being the best, but there are too many characters that can be compared to Sheik, so much so that saying she should be in her own tier isn't wise in the current meta.
There are not "too many." In a cast of 58 characters, there are very few. Pikachu and Rosalina are the only ones I could see being in the same tier as Sheik. Rosalina I'm still debating on, because people like to think she's lightyears above everybody for some reason,

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti

Whoever it is, they're not very out there, cause the reason why Dabuz is undisputedly the best Rosalina is because no ones challenged him yet.
I know what Luigi has, I main him. Which is why I say he is in no way comparable to Pikachu, Rosalina, or Sheik.

There are not "too many." In a cast of 58 characters, there are very few. Pikachu and Rosalina are the only ones I could see being in the same tier as Sheik. Rosalina I'm still debating on, because people like to think she's lightyears above everybody for some reason,
Once you give me an explanation on why Luigi can't, then I might believe you. Luigi has top 3 potential (if not top 3 already). If I can name 4 characters off the top of my head who probably have advantages in their MUs with Sheik, its already proof she isn't in her own tier. I don't get why you don't understand that.

Zionaze

Smash Ace

this man just insisted on saying that Sheik was in a tier of her own but then changed his mind asap

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
its like when people said Diddy was Brawl MK but now its Sheik being in her own tier :ohwell:
Personally, I think pre-patch Diddy was a MUCH bigger threat than present day Sheik is or will be.

But none of them will be Brawl MK and I don't think Samurai will make that mistake with any character again.

Also, stop with the arguing. All this is subjective. Everyone has their opinions. Petty insults don't help either. Cut it out.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Once you give me an explanation on why Luigi can't, then I might believe you. Luigi has top 3 potential (if not top 3 already). If I can name 4 characters off the top of my head who probably have advantages in their MUs with Sheik, its already proof she isn't in her own tier. I don't get why you don't understand that.
I already gave you an explanation. Luigi has a bad or unfavorable matchup against everyone you listed, Sheik included. To shoot something else down, Rosalina does not have a favorable matchup against Sheik. Pikachu is the only one of those three that could logically be in the same tier as Sheik.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hey guys, let's have a discussion where we don't need to make fun of each other. This is a video game, and we don't need to be making shots at each other. Let's just talk :)

Sheik shouldn't be in her own tier, because there are reasons characters get their own tiers. A character being #1 doesn't grant it a "have your own tier" card. Let's say sheik gets S, and everyone else is A+ and under. This would mean that Sheik has an obvious MU advantage against ~95% of the cast. Sheik has a lot of close MUs with most of the cast, and she has obvious flaws that many top tier get-your-own-tier characters don't have, such as lack of good kill options. Sheik has similar tier potential compared to rosa, pikachu, luigi, and others. Giving a top tier character teir own tier for the sake of #1 isn't something that you give out, it's earned.

Browny

Smash Hater
Updating... Also my votes

-1 Ryu
-1 Roy
+1 Sonic
+1 Rosalina
+1 Mewtwo

-

Updated :)

See guys and girls, it only took 1 round of voting to reverse a lot of the bizarre movements from the very first round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom