• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
:4diddy: +1
:4myfriends: +1
:4tlink: +1
:4link: -1
:4mewtwo: -1

So far this tier list makes a bit more sense if it's based on popularity. That's the only way I can explain Link being voted to top 15 (with more than 15 places above Diddy) and Toon Link bottom 3...

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Version 2.02 July 20

1: :4sheik: :rosalina:

2::4pikachu: :4ness: :4peach: :4zss:

3::4luigi: :4feroy: :4ryu: :4lucas: :4fox: :4link: :4mario: :4metaknight: :4rob: :4villager: :4yoshi: :4falcon: :4greninja: :4kirby: :4megaman: :4mewtwo: :4olimar: :4pit: :4sonic: :4shulk: :4wario: :4wiifit: :4diddy:

4::4jigglypuff: :4miisword: :4falco: :4bowser: :4bowserjr: :4charizard: :4darkpit: :4dedede: :4dk: :4drmario: :4duckhunt: :4ganondorf: :4gaw: :4littlemac: :4lucario: :4lucina: :4marth: :4miibrawl: :4miigun: :4palutena: :4pacman: :4robinf: :4samus: :4tlink:

5::4myfriends: :4zelda:

Make things easier for me and anyone else.

+1:4yoshi: Great attacks with low lag, great ability to kill (I saw it like this as in KO Power and Egg Lay off the stage) Good weight, and good matchups, and can get damage easily. Main problem is the recovery, otherwise he'd be, like, top 4.

+1:4luigi: GREAT comboing, Good recovery with the down and up specials, Down special is great for everything, and can rack up damage easily.

-1:4wiifit::4wiifitm: WHAT are they DOING up there? odd..... MII BRAWLER is below........... JIGGLYPUFF is below, PAC-MAN is below........... and then Wii Fit's Trainer's up here. her air attacks are her BEST attacks (and really her only good attacks), but they are bad attacks. They're just the best because everything else is near useless. Bad HORRIBLE range, Bad recovery... Come on Wii Fit Trainer, we're going to low tier.

-1:4peach: She's good...... but high tier good. She should be in 3, NOT 2. Great horizontal recovery, but her vertical recovery isn't that good....... and her attacks aren't top-tier- good, they're high-tier-good.

+1:4kirby: Looks like the Kirby underating already started -_- Mainly voted because 1.I don't want him to go down 2.everyone else will be voted up. somebody already downvoted him, so we three more (Five more, predicting that two more people will down vote -_-) so yeah............ He's good because.......... Here comes the raging.... Great throws, great comboing, great air attacks, good ko power with the hammer and smash attacks, decent smash attacks, has six jumps, can take anybody's neutral special *cough* monados *cough*, Good jab (Not sure if it's viable though, so......................) Kirby is an EXTREMEMLY underated character, and I think he's top tier...... if he wasn't so underated, and more people use him. But that will only happen if somebody uses Kirby, and wins EVO with him. But that won't happen, because underated.) Plus, I need to cancel out down votes at the least.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4diddy: +1
:4myfriends: +1
:4tlink: +1
:4link: -1
:4mewtwo: -1

So far this tier list makes a bit more sense if it's based on popularity. That's the only way I can explain Link being voted to top 15 (with more than 15 places above Diddy) and Toon Link bottom 3...
Each aera is in a tie. Also, Toon Link got voted up enough times that he should be in the same one as Link, Browny must have made a mistake

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Kirby's combo ability is great but only up to 40~60% beyond that he rarely has any true combos.
uh what

sorry, he does tho lol. I have like memorized every Kirby combo cuz I main him and I can assure you they are true, especially on fastfallers.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
my b then
its fine

My votes:
-1 :4peach:: Not that high, ever lol.
-1 :4mewtwo:: imo bottom tier, maybe low mid. Mewtwo has a horrible neutral game, too much glass for his small cannon,, and not throw combos or anything.
+1 :4kirby:: His place, again, is fine, but I already saw a -1 so i gotta even it out.
+1 :4sonic:: Still way higher than where he is.
+! :4diddy:: Still way higher than where he is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy still has an incredible spacing game, one of the best projectiles in the game, and good aerial mobility. Trust me, he is still high tier. Top tier idk.
He's ZeRo's main, has just about the best neutral apart from Sheik, can rank up damage like no other, F Air beats 99% of aerials, banana mixups. Banana OoS. Honestly, Diddy's overall kit is too strong not to be a Top Tier character. ZeRo is going to continue to dominate with him most likely. I do not think he has any bad matchups either... Sheik and Luigi just stand out as worse than the rest. But I don't even think those two have an actual, solid enough advantage. Could depend on player vs player. Diddy is extremely versatile, so he has more room for development to. Losing U Air as a kill option might actually be a boon is disguise, as it'll help Diddy mains get more creative. And this character allows you to do so. With Luigi and Sheik, it's all more or the less the same thing all the time.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
He's ZeRo's main, has just about the best neutral apart from Sheik, can rank up damage like no other, F Air beats 99% of aerials, banana mixups. Banana OoS. Honestly, Diddy's overall kit is too strong not to be a Top Tier character. ZeRo is going to continue to dominate with him most likely. I do not think he has any bad matchups either... Sheik and Luigi just stand out as worse than the rest. But I don't even think those two have an actual, solid enough advantage. Could depend on player vs player. Diddy is extremely versatile, so he has more room for development to. Losing U Air as a kill option might actually be a boon is disguise, as it'll help Diddy mains get more creative. And this character allows you to do so. With Luigi and Sheik, it's all more or the less the same thing all the time.
Er, sorry to break it to you, but I think he mains Sheik now

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+1 Roy
-1 Link
+1 Lucas
+1 Zelda
-1 Samus

Some people may think I am just hyped over the DLC Characters, but I honestly think Roy is top tier, so yeah. I also think Lucas is in the same tier as Ness. so yeah. I downvoted Link because he is just over rated and Samus because imo, I think she is the worst character. With Zelda's new buffs, I don't see her last.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I think I remember hearing that Zero dropped Diddy after the recent patch.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
+1 :4peach: to block the haters also so i can still pretend that shes considered a top tier character
+2 :4myfriends:, the buffs he got make him a solid mid tier, if not higher.
-1 :4wiifit:, being in the same tier as :4diddy::4falcon::4sonic: makes no sense for this overall barely average character. if we were rating in customs meta i'd be for this but unfortunately no.
-1 :4samus:, she's just as unviable as :4zelda: (probably worse due to the ledge changes last patch, at least zelda got buffs she can sort of use).
+1:4pacman:, what is he doing down there

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
can anyone please tell me why samus is considered one of the worst?
Really laggy attacks, Projectiles are slow, heavy, yet floaty, can't rack up damage easily, and has bad KO power. Don't know why people put her under :4marth::4lucina::4gaw::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena: though

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4pacman:+1: What business does PAC-MAN have being down there? He has the tools to be incredibly good and absolutely dominate the stage, even if he's not the easiest to use.
:4lucario:+1: Did everyone just forget he exists? He's super broken at high %, he has absolutely no business being that low.
:4miibrawl:+1: When he's equipped with the right custom set, he's scary. Way higher than he is.
:4mewtwo:-1: Really shouldn't be sharing a tier with Yoshi, Sonic, Fox, Shulk, the Mario Bros, and a bunch of other really solid characters. He just doesn't have the cannon or the range (kek) to make up for the glass.
:4metaknight:-1: See above.

Last edited:

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
Shulk+1
Charizard+1
Marth+1
Wii fit-1
Peach-1

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
:4diddy::4drmario::4wario2::4ganondorf: Each +1

:4myfriends:+2

I have more, but for now, let’s get these guys up. All of them are underrated (by these standards at least).

Last edited:

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Wait are we allowed to +2 someone?
The rules are you can vote for 5 characters, + or - votes any way you want. Characters that finish each round with + or - 3 or more votes in any direction will move. Characters that finish a round with + or - 10 votes will move 2 spaces. Characters are not ranked within tiers. Characters can not jump 2 ranks if that would create a gap in the tiers.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Just going to put this out there: For the love of everything holy and sacred, please actually check the votes before yours before voting. I don't think anyone benefits from not checking how far a character has been pushed and look at what we end up with when people don't (:4myfriends:'s totally the worst character guys). It's one thing to have a different opinion, it's another thing entirely to be willingly ignorant of everything around you.

1: :4sheik::rosalina:

2::4pikachu::4ness::4peach::4zss:

3::4luigi::4feroy::4ryu::4lucas::4fox::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4yoshi::4falcon::4greninja::4kirby::4megaman::4mewtwo::4olimar::4pit::4sonic::4shulk::4wario::4wiifit::4diddy:

4::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4falco::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4gaw::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miibrawl::4miigun::4palutena::4pacman::4robinf::4samus::4tlink:

5::4myfriends::4zelda:

:4jigglypuff: +1 She's actually pretty good this time around, her airgame is excellent, she has gigantic stage presence, and has the wall of pain.
:4link:- 1 Why is he so much higher than Toon Link?
:4wario2: + 1 I believe he's a top ten character, and is seriously slept on despite his plethora of options.
:4wiifit:- 1 I believe your lost, your homes actually quite south from here.
:4pikachu: + 1 I don't think I need to explain this one.

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
+2 :4myfriends:

He's definitely the second best FE character, behind Roy, if only slightly.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
+1 :4myfriends: : These buffs really make him a solid character overall. I daresay he's actually better than :4feroy:, and on top of the food chain as far as Fire Emblem goes.
+1 :4diddy:: I still think he's a easy Top 5 character, his kit is too powerful to dismiss as 'just a high tier'. Combos for days, ranks up damage quickly, no bad matchups, tied or second best neutral in the game, and overall just an extremely solid character.
+1 :4tlink:: A good neutral game against everyone who cannot handle projectile spam, fast, good combos, good range for his size and strong Smash attacks. Why he's so low and so little played is beyond me.
-1 :4ryu:: Has had no development yet, and can take ages to actually KO someone, he's good but just not this good
-1 :4feroy:: Roy has no business in the Top 10. Just because everyone plays him (right now) doesn't mean this character doesn't has any flaws. Yes, he's better than before (bigger, faster, and stronger to :4dk:) but by no means this good, especially with his matchups against the Top tiers.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Just going to put this out there: For the love of everything holy and sacred, please actually check the votes before yours before voting. I don't think anyone benefits from not checking how far a character has been pushed and look at what we end up with when people don't (:4myfriends:'s totally the worst character guys). It's one thing to have a different opinion, it's another thing entirely to be willingly ignorant of everything around you.

1: :4sheik::rosalina:

2::4pikachu::4ness::4peach::4zss:

3::4luigi::4feroy::4ryu::4lucas::4fox::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4yoshi::4falcon::4greninja::4kirby::4megaman::4mewtwo::4olimar::4pit::4sonic::4shulk::4wario::4wiifit::4diddy:

4::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4falco::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4gaw::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miibrawl::4miigun::4palutena::4pacman::4robinf::4samus::4tlink:

5::4myfriends::4zelda:

:4jigglypuff: +1 She's actually pretty good this time around, her airgame is excellent, she has gigantic stage presence, and has the wall of pain.
:4link:- 1 Why is he so much higher than Toon Link?
:4wario2: + 1 I believe he's a top ten character, and is seriously slept on despite his plethora of options.
:4wiifit:- 1 I believe your lost, your homes actually a quite south from here.
:4pikachu: + 1 I don't think I need to explain this one.
I'm putting in the scores for each character... so I know how much they're being voted. I even mentioned Didddy Kong having +10, the maximum up at one point, but he still got +9 after that

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
+1 :4luigi: I don't think I have to explain this do I
+1 :4fox: Since this is my main this summary might contain some bias.. maybe. Fox is a solid top 10 character, he can easily rack up damage, has more kill setups then most of the cast, has great approach options, and them jab cancels bruh. Foxs only problem though is that his edge guarding isn't really the best as all he has against most characters are nair and his recovery is predictable.
+1 :4megaman: Megamans a pretty solid zoner with some offensive synergy in the mix. That's all I can really say about megaman
-1 :4mewtwo: Mewtwo is simply not a good character. His neutral game sucks, he's light but tall, and his grab game is pretty ehh with his only good throw being up throw since that's his kill throw. This is especially comes as a shock considering mewtwo had one of the best grab games in melee.
-1 :4wiifit: Higher then mii brawler, diddy kong, pac man, and falco? yeah right.

Edit: I accidentally post my votes before finishing so my mistake for that

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
You should probably listen to me and Zero Soul. If Wii Fit Trainer gets 2 more down votes, she'll be where Zelda is now. What will happen then? So much up votes she goes back to where she was before. Then it'll cause a never ending streak. Same with Ike. If he gets 2 more up votes, He'll be back to where he was before. again, Creating an endless chain. This'll make people waste votes on them, rather than other characters like :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4pikachu::4pacman::4falcon::4mario::4megaman::4fox::4sonic::4villager::4yoshi::4shulk:

See what I mean? tl;dr, too much of one vote causes never ending chains, ruins rest of tier list

Top Bottom