• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic isn't S tier, also believe Pika is better. So I guess -1 Sonic, but that shouldn't move pika to S. Diddy and sheik belong in a tier of their own. Plus 1 for DK.
Also hey Browny, y u never visit? Miss u bbz.

:093:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
-1 Sonic
+1 Wario

Sonic is good, but not on the same level as Diddy and Sheik IMO. Wario is also really underrated and probably in such a low tier because of his lack of popularity.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
+1 Palutena
-1 Ness
I changed my vote here. Originally, I +1'd Villager but I switched it to Palutena after realizing how low-rated she was. Not sure if OP is logging the votes as they are posted or if he'll count them all up afterwards, but if the former is the case then I wanted to make this clear.

Browny

Smash Hater
ITS DONE...

In the end, it was comprehensive for Wario and Villager to go up while Sonic went down. Sonic got a huge amount of downvotes however others in A tier also got down votes so he couldnt go far down.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Question: Why is Mii Brawler so high up when, IIRC, this is a customs off list? Brawler's not that good without them.

Also, I'm almost offended that Zelda is higher than Palutena here. Like, where did that even come from? As far as I know, outside of Nairo, Zelda mains haven't been doing anything in tournament, meanwhile people like Big D and Ryo have won tournaments using default Palutena. Not to mention that apparently someone placed 13th with her at Final Round 18. She's not that bad. >: c

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Question: Why is Mii Brawler so high up when, IIRC, this is a customs off list? Brawler's not that good without them.

Also, I'm almost offended that Zelda is higher than Palutena here. Like, where did that even come from? As far as I know, outside of Nairo, Zelda mains haven't been doing anything in tournament, meanwhile people like Big D and Ryo have won tournaments using default Palutena. Not to mention that apparently someone placed 13th with her at Final Round 18. She's not that bad. >:c
I agree completely. Those are two of my biggest gripes with the list as it is. But I'm sure all will be well if customs are considered in Version 2.0. Brawler's position will be justified and Palutena will skyrocket.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I hope we can agree that there should be a separate tier list for customs and non customs. The reason for this is to keep a traditional tier list that mimics the other Smash games (no customs) and covers those times when maybe a tourney has banned customs. And obviously one for customs only because that's where we're headed.

I didn't read most of this thread so I'm sorry if this was already discussed.

Last edited:

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
I don't get why Pika is up so high. All I see Pikachu players do is Thunder Jolt to u throw to Thunder. He pretty spam able and if you ask me his ground attacks aren't all that good.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I don't get why Pika is up so high. All I see Pikachu players do is Thunder Jolt to u throw to Thunder. He pretty spam able and if you ask me his ground attacks aren't all that good.
I was wondering that too... I know he's good, but I wouldn't put him above Sonic (That's not me being biased, I use Pikachu too). He kinda has a hard time killing, he's ok at racking up damage with his Dthrown into Utilt into Uair combos, and if you can land a grab he can potentially kill you if you don't know about the Uthrow into thunder and they don't DI at the right %... His recovery is decent and he's alright at gimping. But I dunno, Sonic can do that and more to be honest. He's got more kill options, racking up damage is a breeze, his recovery is amazing, he's good at gimping in my experience. There must be something I don't know about, that or people just really don't like Sonic for whatever reason.

Some of the choices here do make me scratch my head a bit... But overall it's pretty close to how I imagined it.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Agreed. Yoshi, Ness, and Luigi in my opinion should be (in some order) at the top of that tier.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Agreed. Yoshi, Ness, and Luigi in my opinion should be (in some order) at the top of that tier.
Yoshi is outstanding, not gonna lie. Ness I'm not familiar with (I never use him as I dislike some of his traits) but I know full well what he can do. Luigi is a sensitive subject to me, I know he's good, but I just can't put my finger on HOW good he is. But I'd probably put them all above PIka.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I think this looks really good right now with only a few outliers (Palutena that low really?) Even if there is some disagreement on the exact makeup of the top characters it's nice to see we've been able to pinpoint character strengths this early.

Now we just need to wait for customs to completely invalidate this. :p

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
How dynamic is this tier list? How often do we, as a community, update the tier list? Sorry, I'm new here.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
How dynamic is this tier list? How often do we, as a community, update the tier list? Sorry, I'm new here.
This isn't an offical tier list per say but rather a tier list that was made with voting from the whole community. As of updating. We just finished verison 1.0 and votes for this verison will not count except for mewtwo when he comes out. However We'll be starting verison 2.0 in 4 months, probably after C.E.O and EVO are done. Hope this answered most of your questions

Last edited:

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
I like the list. I'm not seeing anywhere in the original post if this is specifically w/o customs or not. I'm sure most people are assuming w/o but it should probably be put somewhere in the OP

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I like the list. I'm not seeing anywhere in the original post if this is specifically w/o customs or not. I'm sure most people are assuming w/o but it should probably be put somewhere in the OP
The OP started this tier list 4 months ago. No one considered customs legal until the whole EVO allowing custom moves thing. Meaning the OP didn't really made this with customs in mind, however verison 2.0 will include custom moves. Hope this helped

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I honestly can say this is a pretty good list. Proud of everyone~
You must play some bad players because good Pikachus do a whole lot more than that.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
i like the final list, only exceptions:
* Lucario. I think he should be C and not B.
* Pit, he should be the first D or maybe C.
* Bowser Jr should be at least 3-4 spots higher.
* Mii brawler is with 1,1,1,1? If so, he should be D at best. If he is with customs, then he should be A.

Anyways, great job!

Will you keep a version of this list for future references and see how does it evolves over time?

Last edited:

gamegalaxy64

Smash Cadet
NNID
flarefusion1
3DS FC
1048-9074-1793
If you read the OP, it says to only vote for two characters at max. So you two will have to fix that.
Oops, sorry about that. I should have been more observant. Looks like the tier list is over anyway. Thanks, though.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice

Also, I'm almost offended that Zelda is higher than Palutena here. Like, where did that even come from? As far as I know, outside of Nairo, Zelda mains haven't been doing anything in tournament, meanwhile people like Big D and Ryo have won tournaments using default Palutena. Not to mention that apparently someone placed 13th with her at Final Round 18. She's not that bad. >: c
Only the Miis are considered with customs.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
When I see Pit and D.Pit positions... one so far away each other ....
I cry everytime.:cry::cry::cry::cry:
(8) I tried so hard, and got so far (8)

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Why are Pit and Dark Pit in separate tiers? I know the reason, it's because of voting. But we all know that makes no sense, they should be side by side or with one character in between. Pit has a better Ftilt and you can't really prove that his specials are better. So 1 tier difference over the base knockback of Ftilt and different specials?

Edit: At the same time, Dark Pit can use his 0-base knockback Ftilt for a jab lock and Pit can't so....

Last edited:

AirJordans

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
haventthewit
Switch FC
SW-6898-5786-4663
I'm sorry but what is the deal between Pit and Dark Pit? I know their movesets are basically the same, but there are a bunch of clones in this game that are like that and are very far away from each other. All of the clones (including Pit and Dark Pit) have different stats (hit percentages, knockback, meteor spikes, etc...). I never see anyone complaining Fox and Falco being super far apart, though that might be because their differences are clearer. Either way the point is that the reason that they aren't next to each other is that they are different.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
This is good so far, but I think Rosa should be in S, above Sheik. My opinion, so don't go all like "BUTZ SHEIK EES DA BEEST" its just my opinion.

I think MK should move up, prob the MOST underrated character of Smash 4 (Like seriously, he is not bottom, low, not even low-mid. I think he is mid at least, preferrably high-mid.

Kirby is in the place he deserves. He shouldn't go higher, but not lower either. I don't know why people think he should go down.

Zelda better than Little Mac and Falco? Thats laughable.

I have a couple more opinions but I'll keep em to myself.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.....this list is pretty poor to be honest. Especially the lower tiers.
Refer back to Version 1.0 of the Brawl tier list. Look where Olimar was ranked. The first iteration of a tier list will always be inaccurate. This list has a lot of issues, but that's only natural.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
S:4diddy: :4sheik:
A:4pikachu::4sonic: :4ness::4yoshi: :rosalina::4zss::4luigi:
B:4falcon::4lucario: :4fox: :4mario: :4villager:
C:4miibrawl: :4peach: :4shulk::4greninja: :4megaman: :4wario:
D:4rob::4robinf: :4olimar: :4pit: :4kirby: :4tlink: :4link: :4pacman:
E:4myfriends::4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4darkpit::4metaknight:
F:4marth: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4zelda: :4falco: :4littlemac: :4dk: :4bowserjr:
G:4samus::4dedede: :4drmario: :4wiifit: :4palutena: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun:
H:4miisword:

I still think Ness is overrated. I think A tier should be like this: :rosalina::4zss::4sonic::4pikachu::4yoshi::4ness::4luigi:. If the next one is with customs then Killager will be at SS tier if we don't do something about the Eternal Camp Clause (Extreme Balloon Trip+Timber Counter).

Zelda better than Little Mac and Falco? Thats laughable.

I have a couple more opinions but I'll keep em to myself.
Zelda has better matchups than Mac has, hence why she is higher. She can do well against Rosalina if she wants. It could be worse. She could be the second worst character (:zeldamelee:) or worst character (:zelda:). I don't know much about Falco becuase no one plays him.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Let me just say to the people who say the low tier is messed up... A lot of the low tiers are "mixed up" because A) this is version 1.0 and no one knows who is legitimately worse than others in such an unexplored area and B) we can't define who's low tier weaknesses are worse than others. Until going much more in depth, very few will actually like the way the tier is organized.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Low tier positions still baffle me, but high/mid tiers look very accurate (I think Ness is third and not Pika, but that's very minor and everything else looks good.)
I tried so hard to get Zard out of Crap tier...3rd worst character in the game? really?
I guess this is what Flare Blitz spam makes people think.
Almost everything else is acceptable though. Good job guys.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I'm sorry but what is the deal between Pit and Dark Pit? I know their movesets are basically the same, but there are a bunch of clones in this game that are like that and are very far away from each other. All of the clones (including Pit and Dark Pit) have different stats (hit percentages, knockback, meteor spikes, etc...). I never see anyone complaining Fox and Falco being super far apart, though that might be because their differences are clearer. Either way the point is that the reason that they aren't next to each other is that they are different.
Maybe for other clones but Pit and Dark Pit are exactly the same except for the differences I pointed out before:

Ftilt base knockback values
Neutral B and side B slight differences. These two characters are only that far away because of the voting system. It's obvious that they should be close.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
S:4diddy: :4sheik:
A:4pikachu::4sonic: :4ness::4yoshi: :rosalina::4zss::4luigi:
B:4falcon::4lucario: :4fox: :4mario: :4villager:
C:4miibrawl: :4peach: :4shulk::4greninja: :4megaman: :4wario:
D:4rob::4robinf: :4olimar: :4pit: :4kirby: :4tlink: :4link: :4pacman:
E:4myfriends::4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4darkpit::4metaknight:
F:4marth: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4zelda: :4falco: :4littlemac: :4dk: :4bowserjr:
G:4samus::4dedede: :4drmario: :4wiifit: :4palutena: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun:
H:4miisword:

I still think Ness is overrated. I think A tier should be like this: :rosalina::4zss::4sonic::4pikachu::4yoshi::4ness::4luigi:. If the next one is with customs then Killager will be at SS tier if we don't do something about the Eternal Camp Clause (Extreme Balloon Trip+Timber Counter).

Zelda has better matchups than Mac has, hence why she is higher. She can do well against Rosalina if she wants. It could be worse. She could be the second worst character (:zeldamelee:) or worst character (:zelda:). I don't know much about Falco becuase no one plays him.
The only high ranked Zelda is Nairo atm, and even he has kind of dropped her. Falco isn't used either, but is definitely higher. Little Mac has Alphicans, who is really good.

Top Bottom