• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
:4bowser: +1 really powerful and heaviest character with amazing kill options
:4greninja:+1 has some really quick and powerful moves with a great recovery that functions as an edgegaurd
:4myfriends:+1 Outright buffed to almost perfection, has powerful strike, good combos and with customs, a pretty good recovery imo
:4dedede:+1 I know people who can utterly wreck with Dedede, seeing him as low as he is here is insulting
:4megaman:+1 Not too shabby but better than everyone seems to think
:4marth:+1 Quick, and I've seen him kill at freaking 40%
:4rob: +1 Good projectiles, 2nd best recovery and Robo hoo hah
:4sheik:+1 Need I say more?
:4shulk:+1 Honestly, Shulk is one of the best I've seen, Vanilla Shulk is pretty good, having some reliable KO options, then the Monado Arts happen, if you fight a good Shulk who knows what to do with these arts, you are pretty much doomed
:4yoshi:+1 Yoshi is pretty damn powerful this time around, and it shows
Uh.
There is a 3 vote limit. This is probably the most over the limit I've seen on this topic.

Yoshi+1. Here we go again.
Dr.Mario+1. Good god he's bad, but not that bad.
Olimar.-1 Ehh...

Browny

Smash Hater
:4bowser: +1 really powerful and heaviest character with amazing kill options
:4greninja:+1 has some really quick and powerful moves with a great recovery that functions as an edgegaurd
:4myfriends:+1 Outright buffed to almost perfection, has powerful strike, good combos and with customs, a pretty good recovery imo
:4dedede:+1 I know people who can utterly wreck with Dedede, seeing him as low as he is here is insulting
:4megaman:+1 Not too shabby but better than everyone seems to think
:4marth:+1 Quick, and I've seen him kill at freaking 40%
:4rob: +1 Good projectiles, 2nd best recovery and Robo hoo hah
:4sheik:+1 Need I say more?
:4shulk:+1 Honestly, Shulk is one of the best I've seen, Vanilla Shulk is pretty good, having some reliable KO options, then the Monado Arts happen, if you fight a good Shulk who knows what to do with these arts, you are pretty much doomed
:4yoshi:+1 Yoshi is pretty damn powerful this time around, and it shows
Its only 3 votes allowed, but the real reason why I am responding to this is

HOLY HELL YOUR POST COUNT IS INSANE, averaging over 42 posts every single day for 7 months? I have never seen anything REMOTELY close to that.

You will be the highest posting member on this site within 2 years if you keep this up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uh.
There is a 3 vote limit. This is probably the most over the limit I've seen on this topic.

Yoshi+1. Here we go again.
Dr.Mario+1. Good god he's bad, but not that bad.
Olimar.-1 Ehh...
Its only 3 votes allowed, but the real reason why I am responding to this is

HOLY HELL YOUR POST COUNT IS INSANE, averaging over 42 posts every single day for 7 months? I have never seen anything REMOTELY close to that.

You will be the highest posting member on this site within 2 years if you keep this up.
Changed it to three, didn't know about a limit :p

About the amount of posts, it's very simple! I'm a Ridley thread veteran, we got from 400 pages in April to nearly 2000 before closing for the sake of the site and because Sakurai

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4link: -1 (He's decent, but I don't think he's Top 20 material)
:4megaman: +1 (He's better than most of the characters in his tier)
:4palutena: +1

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
:4bowserjr: +1. Bowser Jr. Absolutely deserves to be above DK and at least match with Bowser...

:4peach: +1. She should be on Mario's level IMO.

:4marth:+1. He seems too low here. Even with his nerfs he hould still be a bit above the big group of mid tiers...

Sethykbro

Smash Rookie
NNID
sethykbro2020
DDD +1
Duck Hunt +1
Ike +1

Quick question, this does not effect my post, but does this list factor in customs?

salaboB

Smash Champion
After seeing the swings from overvoting, I'm a little concerned about the delays between updates. Asking people to scan through all the votes and see if the character is moving the way they want to vote seems unreasonable. I don't know the best way to deal with this, maybe really high counts of votes should be reduced? (So if someone has +8, another has +2, and a third has -2, it transforms into +4/+2/-2 -- this reflects that people were moving the top character, but reduces the huge jumps from over-voting due to update rate)

Sorry, I'm really confused. Is this phase 1 or phase 2 for tier creation?
I may be confused too but I think this is the last phase before tier creation?

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
  • :4duckhunt:+1 has controllable projectiles as well as decent speed
  • :4diddy:+1 fast and on the small side and has good air attacks
  • :4sonic:+1 specials are very annoying to deal with and as well as being FAST

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4kirby:+1
:4yoshi:+1
:4bowserjr:+1
:4diddy:+1
:4mario:+1
:4luigi:+1
:4bowser:-1
:4ganondorf:-1
:4megaman:-1
Yo, its 3 votes btw.

My votes:
+1 :4kirby:: I do not get why this puffball always gets a -1 to match a +1 no matter where he is. This little guy is very underrated, and needs to be higher.
+1 :4metaknight:: Same thing like Kirby, but even more-so. Meta Knight is being placed in low tier but this is nowhere near where he actually is. Just because he isn't Brawl Meta Knight doesn't mean he is bad. Sure he got nerfed, but from SS to crap? No, from SS to still viable and good.

+1 :4ness:: Some people will disagree with this, but Ness has so many options. He should be just a place or two higher.

I voted Ness simply cuz he is the character I want to move up the 3rd most, but I'm not downvoting (even though there are characters who should be) simply because I don't like downvoting.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Yo, its 3 votes btw.

My votes:
+1 :4kirby:: I do not get why this puffball always gets a -1 to match a +1 no matter where he is. This little guy is very underrated, and needs to be higher.
+1 :4metaknight:: Same thing like Kirby, but even more-so. Meta Knight is being placed in low tier but this is nowhere near where he actually is. Just because he isn't Brawl Meta Knight doesn't mean he is bad. Sure he got nerfed, but from SS to crap? No, from SS to still viable and good.

+1 :4ness:: Some people will disagree with this, but Ness has so many options. He should be just a place or two higher.

I voted Ness simply cuz he is the character I want to move up the 3rd most, but I'm not downvoting (even though there are characters who should be) simply because I don't like downvoting.
Edited

patrickthekid

Smash Cadet
Same as Always

Wario +1 While slightly nerfed in air speed and aerials, he still packs a punch. Only now he has a much improved ground game as well. Does very well with the top tiers theoretically.
Olimar +1 Ever since Dabuz came out of nowhere with the Olimar pick, this character has been one of the premier anti-Diddy characters. Not nearly as dominating in the ground as Brawl, but can still rack up insane damage now that the Pikmin are harder to get rid off.
Ike +1 The 1.04 patch did great dividends to buff this character out of the bottom scrap heap. How has great grab conversions and less lag in aeriels in addition to the sword range. Will do better as the game ages.

Last edited:

salaboB

Smash Champion
Same as Always

Wario +1 While slightly nerfed in air speed and aerials, he still packs a punch. Only now he has a much improved ground game as well. Does very well with the top tiers theoretically.
Olimar Ever since Dabuz came out of nowhere with the Olimar pick, this character has been one of the premier anti-Diddy characters. Not nearly as dominating in the ground as Brawl, but can still rack up insane damage now that the Pikmin are harder to get rid off.
Ike - The 1.04 patch did great dividends to buff this character out of the bottom scrap heap. How has great grab conversions and less lag in aeriels in addition to the sword range. Will do better as the game ages.
You might want to throw +1's on Oli and Ike so it's clear how you're voting on them.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Pit +1
Dark pit +1
Currently underrepresented but have seen some very strong play from pink fresh and nairo respectively. Still think pit can finish better tho because of upperdash's trajectory.

How is evo's customs on ruleset gonna affect all this? I guess we'll cross that bridge in July?

H.O.U.S.E.

Smash Rookie
NNID
acrenator
Welp, since it's the final period I guess I can vote again.

+1:4robinf: (Insanely strong projectiles and smashes. Should be a little higher)
+1:4shulk: (So underrated... That range is very is VERY dangerous to fight)
-1:4sheik: (Sorry, I just don't see Sheik as the best in the game. I fel like she has a hard time winning against some of the heavier characters)
Please don't kill me

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4mario:
+1 :4shulk:
+1 :4megaman:

On a side note, I've found something odd about the tiers. In the previous version, Sheik and Yoshi were the top tier, while Diddy was in the second row. After the update, Sheik is now two rows above Yoshi, which implies that Sheik must have been voted up while Yoshi was voted down, since only one position can be changed each time. But somehow Diddy went even higher than Sheik, meaning that he must have gone at least three rows higher to reach that position, and that is not possible. Can someone explain this?

C.C.Chaos

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if I can vote again, but since it's already another period I'll simply do so.

+1 Link, love his projectiles
+1 Falco, not one of the bests, but not that low
+1 Sheik, even if I don't play her I know how troublesome a good Sheik player can be

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
+1 :4kirby:
+1 :4metaknight:
+1 :4olimar:

All 3 are really underrated, especially MK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom