• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Drgoold

Smash Cadet
Only get 3 votes now, bro.

Captain Falcon is probably the most overrated character in the game. He is played by everyone and he still never wins any tournaments. Many, many characters beat him in the air, and his recovery is Ganon-tier, and unlike Ganon, he doesn't get any better at recovering with customs. Still high-tier because he has a great dashgrab and good grab reward, but of all the high tiers, he's the closest one to dropping a tier.

Fox is good, but he's right where he should be. He's EXTREMELY light, while at the same time being ridiculously easy to combo. He has a fantastic punish game and air game though, and his recovery is top tier.

ROB is decent, but he's a huge target, his recovery is extremely slow and predictable, and his aerials have laggy startups. Not to mention, his downthrow to up air is escapable at any percent if the opponent DIs at all. His melee game is only so-so. His main projectile can also be used against him, and his kill power is mediocre.
Oops, sorry, I was looking at the wrong page, so I thought it was still 5.
Link -1
Pikachu +1
Ness +1

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
+Diddy
-Yoshi
+G&W

Diddy's the clear #1, Yoshi isn't S tier, and well, I have no idea why G&W is so low. He's got some good things going for him.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
-1 :4jigglypuff:
+1 :4duckhunt: Alot of untapped potential with this one.
+1 :4marth: He IS still the same Marth we know and love. This is too low.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
-1:4yoshi: Really good, but not #2 best good.
+1:4gaw: Not really good, but not #2 worst bad.

-1 :4kirby: Just cause he's eh.

This list is looking pretty good actually, Yoshi and GDub are my only nitpicks [More Gdub, but his tourney results are the worst in the game so far so I can understand where people are coming from]

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I give up on life.

I'm calling my failure the Maz:

Does whatever he can to keep a character from moving down

character moves further down than before.

R.I.P Kirby and Meta Knight

Beanie!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItMeBeanie
3DS FC
0232-8522-8662
+1:4diddy: I still maintain HOO HA is the best character in the game.
-1 :4drmario: Doc's slow, clunky, and just... eh.
+1 :4greninja: Greninja's quite good, not top tier but really dang good.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
+1 :4bowserjr: (Disjoints are just so good in this game where most aerial hits on block are punished hard. He's a heavyweight and his kill options are pretty alright IMO)
+1 :4darkpit: (His slightly worse electroshock arm and arrows do NOT put him 2 tiers below pit, especially considering customs. Both are quite good characters, too.)
-1 :4yoshi: (woahhh, okay, he's good but not that good. Yoshi belongs around Fox, Pika, Ness level IMO)

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
they can vote whatever they want :p

"You guys don't need to vote for your favorite candidate anymore"
He meant that everyone thinks Yoshi should go down, and he already has like 6 downvotes more than upvotes. He's gonna move own more than he should and people are gonna upvote spam him again.

H.O.U.S.E.

Smash Rookie
NNID
acrenator
+1 Doctor Mario (so underrated. Despite his awful recovery most of his aerials are really quick and he has very little lag on his moves):4drmario:
+1 Shulk (the Monado makes him very versatile and despite his mostly laggy moves his range more than makes up for it):4shulk:
+1 Link (even if I don't play him, his projectile game is the best I've faced until now. A zoner Link is very hard to deal with):4link:

Smash 4 mains: :4shulk::4drmario: :4yoshi: Smash 4 secondaries: :4marth::4ganondorf: Trying to learn: :4robinm:/:4robinf::4falcon:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I give up on life.

I'm calling my failure the Maz:

Does whatever he can to keep a character from moving down

character moves further down than before.

R.I.P Kirby and Meta Knight
Welp, sorry. The truth is, I downvoted meta knight because he is one of my characters less easily handled matchups of my character, if it makes you feel better.

D

Deleted member

+1 Kirby (I think that Kirby is pretty solid... there is some good potential here)
+1 Marth (he may be nerfed, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be)
-1 Palutena (by far one of the worst characters I've played in Smash history with bad specials and a ton of laggy attacks)

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Welp, sorry. The truth is, I downvoted meta knight because he is one of my characters less easily handled matchups of my character, if it makes you feel better.
It doesn't really matter, just I will upvote him next period.

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
But that doesn't make him a bad character, but whatever. Vote for whatever reason you like.

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

OK guys this is the FINAL VOTE for moving of characters, but it is not the end of this tier list we make for version 1.0

After this, I will order every single character 1-52 (or however many there are) and we vote on where to split the tiers, say for example we split diddy into his own tier, make bottom tier consist of the last two rows, move DK up or down with the rest of the tiers etc.

After that, we can move characters within their tier.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:4palutena: +1
:4pit: +1
:4link: -1

Just leaving it like this. I explained a lot about Palutena already.
If 5 votes are back, add -1 to Ganon, and -1 to Ike.

(It's been too long since I don't remember how it works.)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
:4dedede:+1 I know people who can utterly wreck with Dedede, seeing him as low as he is here is insulting

:4shulk:+1 Honestly, Shulk is one of the best I've seen, Vanilla Shulk is pretty good, having some reliable KO options, then the Monado Arts happen, if you fight a good Shulk who knows what to do with these arts, you are pretty much doomed
:4yoshi:+1 Yoshi is pretty damn powerful this time around, and it shows

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4rob:Changed to neutralize the -1 he got this voting period ;)
+1:4lucario:Easily top 10.
+1:4robinf:Downvote her moar pls :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom