• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Luigi -1: Okay, Luigi is really good, but #2? Nah, he is not even top 5, barely top 10. Super overrated now.

Kirby +1: Super underrated and is viable in competitive play.

Link +1: Good projectiles and godlike smashes, I dunno why he is so low.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Whoa weegee...calm down.

:4kirby: +1
:4ness: +1
:4luigi: -1

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Is it to much to ask for more than 3 options? Just glancing at this tier list makes me lol in so many ways. (Never mind Pikachu and Ness being that low, What is LUCARIO doing that low? Then there's Luigi. I know boss makes him look cool and I'm totally cool with him being top 10 but number 2? With Sheik being number 6?! .......I don't even......) In any case, I'm not a fan of this tier list. It's cool though. Maybe over time I'll see what I want to see. For now 3 options..... hrm....

Ness +1 (Has NO business being that low.)
Sheik +1 (Also has no business being that low)
Lucario +1(Seriously, WUT!)

Sorry if this comes off as condescending. I've had my own preconceived notions of a tier list for a while and seeing one so out of place with my own was rather surreal.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
+1:4pikachu:
+1:4jigglypuff:
+1:4sheik:

This is also kind of a really silly way to create a tier list. I know its probably the best way to make a community voted tier list, but that doesn't mean its correct/well made, most common opinions are horrible and I think it'd be better to trust a medium sized back room formed of top players/posters.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
+1:4lucario: Why the hell is he so low lol
+1 :4link: Should be ahead of Toon Link (not even biased)
-1:4luigi: He's great but #2??????

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
If the op was updated more frequently the list wouldn't jump around so much, at the moment everyone is mass +1'ing characters who are too low which will cause them to be too high when the next list comes out. As bad as eventhubs list can be at least that is up to date.

MOHadam

Smash Cadet
Edit: had 4 votes not three.

+1 fox
+1 Sheik
+1 captain falcon

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think that separating the voting times this much messes with the results a bit. This is the reason why Shiek dropped so low. Because EVERYONE thought she should come down one tier (most of which probably thought she was at the same level as Diddy), but since there was so much time to vote, she had so many -1's against her that she ended up dropping two tiers. This is beginning to provide less accurate results.
-1 :4luigi: I don't see him on the same level as Diddy or Rosaluma...
[aggressive coughing]

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
:4drmario: +1 - People who don't play him or suck with him need to stop voting him down to the dumps. It's ridiculous how much hate this character gets because people heavily overstate his weaknesses and ignore his strengths. LEARN THE CHARACTER FIRST. Dr. Mario is NOT a bad character let alone bottom tier. I bet half of you voting don't even know he can Tornado and wall jump to aid his recovery OR he rivals Mario in edgeguarding.

:4bowserjr: +1 - One of the more complicated characters to use effectively. Again, people who don't get the character voting him down.

:4ganondorf: +1 - Definitely better than people are willing to admit. Lot of people don't understand how he changed from Brawl or think the changes don't matter. They do matter. Few characters punish so brutally as Ganondorf, and he can do it consistently. Also has arguably the most lethal edgeguard game, capable of spiking opponents at 0%. Not a typo. ZERO Percent.

If the op was updated more frequently the list wouldn't jump around so much, at the moment everyone is mass +1'ing characters who are too low which will cause them to be too high when the next list comes out. As bad as eventhubs list can be at least that is up to date.
Characters only move up or down one spot per update. Mass +1'ing characters isn't going to make anybody go too high. In fact, increasing the update frequently would actually cause the list to jump around more often.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
+1 :4drmario:
+1 :4olimar:
+1 :4luigi: - I'm not saying he should go up, I'm making an effort to slow the amount of downvotes he's getting simply because he's too high. I know he's not supposed to be quite as high as he is right now, but don't characters move down more than usual if they get lots of downvotes? Please don't downvote him anymore if you only want him to move a bit down, he's already going to be going down in the next update, he doesn't need to go really far down.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
+:4greninja:
-:4myfriends:
-:4sheik: Dont think she is low but 20 freakin votes is gonna put her back on top. That isnt right.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Luigi -1: Okay, Luigi is really good, but #2? Nah, he is not even top 5, barely top 10. Super overrated now.

Kirby +1: Super underrated and is viable in competitive play.

Link +1: Good projectiles and godlike smashes, I dunno why he is so low.
Because his moveset/playstyle is based off spam

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Because his moveset/playstyle is based off spam
He also has good smashes, a decent aerial game, can be offensive/neutral/defensive, decent at spacing, and two spikes.

I'm gonna guess you got that idea from For Glory. Its all good, but just because FG Link players like to spam, doesn't make him based off of spamming.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
:4luigi: -1 He's good, but not that good. He's top 10 at most.
:4mario: +1 Still underrated and on part with Luigi imo
:4gaw: +1 Most underrated character in smash4. One of the best aerials in the game, the best at gimping, a superarmor usmash, cannot be gimped, two one hit ko moves that combo from dthrow, uair that kills. This guy is insane. Way underrated

Top Bottom