• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
+1 :4bowserjr: He is one of the character that has alot of potential! see here for an example:
+1 :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff is really deadly, one bad move and it can rest on your face
+1 :4rob: its powerful, can chip damage easy and can easy set up for kills!

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
+1 Lucina. There's no way she should be that low. She should probably be lower than Marth, but she doesn't have major issues either.
+1 Greninja
+1 Lucario

Browny

Smash Hater
Sorry about the delay guys, I moved house recently and havent had much time to set up my pc which has the spreadsheet I use to generate these lists! I'll definitely try to update it today.

Zinfu

Smash Rookie
:4lucario: +1 he's a magician at making comebacks happen.
:4yoshi: +1 I feel like he's extremely strong this time around. Very fast and good priority.
:4tlink: +1 high skillcap but his setups are great idk if he's as good as link but he's pretty close.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4shulk: - Which character is the fastest, rangiest, most powerful, and heaviest character? Shulk it is! He received a nerf in a previous patch but still remains an absolutely ridiculous character in the right hands due to the ability to choose game breaking attributes on a whim. People aren't playing him much now, wouldn't be surprised if he was at the top of the list in a few years.

+1 :4sonic: - Spin, and keep on spinning until your opponent gives you an opening, and then hit him. Easy enough for even less skilled players to pull off. It's safe if it hits a shield due to bouncing off into the air, which makes it difficult to impossible to punish, players are free to spam it. Definitely top tier.

+1 :4pacman: - Wide variety of play styles will keep him slowly moving up the tier list over time. Steeper learning curve, but in the end he'll be as matchup proof as just about anyone.

Liduri

Smash Cadet
:4diddy:+1
:4sonic:-1
:4pikachu:+1

1 question. In the actual tier list, if diddy is in front of SSZ, Rosalina, Ness, Sonic... he have more tier? or the same line has the same exactly tier (or with a low ±)
For example, what i want to know is that Jiggly is a bit or a lot worse than greninja. Same line, 14 positions of diference.
Also if Jiggly is a bit or a lot better than King DDD. Not same line, 1 position of diference.

TSmasher1000

Smash Rookie
-1 Diddy Kong - Predictable d-throw into u-air is predictable and DIable by just about any characters above 30%. The thing that makes him top tier (probably top 3) is his insane knockback and reliable finishers coupled with his speed is somewhat unreasonable, but he can be easily gimped if you aren't afraid.
-1 Lucario - An overrated character. His damage output and his rage is insane, but he's not a very consistent character and has a lot of cooldown/starting lag for his attacks. You have to get a good read in to hit someone to 50% and kill him with a bair or something. His recovery is highly punishable, and if you are facing against a character with a reliable finisher i.e Diddy Kong, hten you can easily take him out.
+1 Rosaluma - Very unpredictable playing styles. I see one top professional Rosaluma and then Dabuz's and they have completely different things they do with her. Can auto stop projectiles, can stop grabs (if you are lucky enough to get the frame to stop it), and is still good without Luma. I hear people complaining about Diddy's Uair, but I've seen Rosalina's Uair kill people at 60% with rage at 90% which is insane. Also, Lunar Landing is amazing. Her biggest weakness is her floatiness and that luma's death makes her an average character. However, her floatiness can be cancelled slightly by good setup, and she is not easily juggled because of her outranging Dair. Even with Luma's death, Rosalina is character with great defense.

If I could do more then I would +1 Mario, Luigi, and Shulk, and -1 Sonic, Falcon, and ZSS but I can't so just take the above votes as my votes for now.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
+1 Jigglypuff, she has a free good rest combos, great gimping ability, and WoP is still here
+1 Pacman, great spacing, unique playstyle, great unpredictability. I feel like pacman' quirky-ness has too much potential to be this low.
-1 Wario, from what I've seen he's decent, but I feel he's just a couple spots too high, not saying he's bad, just some characters below him have more potential imo.

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
+1 King Dedede
+1 Samus
-1 Diddy Kong

From using Dedede only for 2 moinths straight, I can safely say he is at least C+ Tier

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
+ :4pacman:
+ :4duckhunt:
+ :4miigun:

Also, can we bump this back up to 5 votes for now? We got almost 3 pages of votes and a Venture Bros. episode between updates, and the list has changed dramatically.

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
+1 Diddy
-1 C.Falcon
-1 Samus
Also, I think that we should add spaces between the groups to spread them out a bit.

Twixist

Smash Rookie
By far the most currently underrated. They should go up a lot.......
+:4dedede:
+:4wiifit:
+:4metaknight:

Not even gonna attempt to laugh at where Shiek is. Some other characters that are underrated/ misplaced are Kirby, Pit, and Puff, but I only have 3 votes. It's still more of a popularity contest at this point, but it's doing a bit better than expected. If only your vote was somehow tied to experience and knowledge of the game.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Eh, I'd take Luigi down, but with the way it works he'll be down way lower because others are getting +. I feel he's only one spot lower. Chances are my vote would help take him like 2-3 spots lower.
Reversed with Sheik.
+Dr.Mario
+Meta Knight

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4sheik:Top tier.
+1:4miibrawl:Same.
+1:4robinm:Same tier as Wario, Dark Pit, and Kirby? Come on, now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If able to vote again since my vote weeks ago, here be my next one again.

+1 :4palutena: Still think many people are sleeping on her when it comes to potential. She still has some in her, but not many are unlocking that potential.

+1 :4pit: Pit is surely superior to his dark clone IMO, maybe not in the Side-B department, but actually having controllable arrows permits gimping potential (the big one), and he has a better F-tilt.

-1 :4falcon: While he is better than his brawl variation in some ways, he's not super good.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: + 1 Wall of pain is still here guys.
:4olimar::4alph: +1 These guys are great, I feel they are simply overlooked because of their low playerbase.
:4miigun: + 1 Seriously underrated projectile character right here.

Yikarur

Smash Master
@OP
it doesn't make any sense to shift positions every phase. Sheik is clearly in the first row and if people vote Sheik down it's obviously not because they think Sheik should not belong in the first row, but because she was too high in the list compared to the rest.
When Sheik was solely in the top row and diddy in the row below then people voted Sheik down and Diddy up because they think that they belong in the same row.
At some point we should really put Diddy and Sheik frozen in the Top Row and concentrate votes to other characters. 2 Lists ago the list was pretty perfect in the upper row but then characters got shifted arround because the system used is flawed if all characters alway shift in the direction of their voting because then characters are switching places even though the votes were done to bring them on the same level.
The OP even describes the system but you're not getting any final result when you keep this rule up:

If Diddy is sitting at #1 and in one update period he gets a single downvote and no one +1'd him, he could get sent down to #2 while the #2 character could overtake him. That's part of the fun! It keeps this list highly dynamic.
Thanks for reading.

my votes:
- Yoshi
- Rosalina
- Luigi

warionumbah2

Smash Master
LOL Ike better than Marth...
This ain't Brawl, Ike sure as hell is better than Marth at least his aerials ain't laggy af. Faster normals and better air mobility. Imma cancel out that down vote, the mans amazing in this game.

:4myfriends:+1 above.
:4metaknight:+1 Great MU across the board and doing pretty well in tournaments. Only polarizing MU is Luigi,Sheik,Diddy and Sonic.
:4sheik:+1 This is sad the character who is clearly doing well in the meta isn't even top 2. Where is this bandwagonning coming from?

This is looking like a popularity list especially when Sheik is dropped down so low for no apparent reason.After taking another look you got characters like Kirby,Little Mac,Charizard,Lucina,Marth,Bowser Jr,Falco above MK and Olimar. It really is a popularity list Mii Gunner is low because no one bothers to explore them, same goes for Oli and MK. If you got a small fanbase you can bet your life savings that they'll be at the bottom. Like really Sheiks placement opened a lot of members eyes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

-1 :4luigi: I don't see him on the same level as Diddy or Rosaluma...
+1 :4sheik: No need for explanation
+1 :4littlemac: I'd argue he's mid/high tier.

I think that separating the voting times this much messes with the results a bit. This is the reason why Shiek dropped so low. Because EVERYONE thought she should come down one tier (most of which probably thought she was at the same level as Diddy), but since there was so much time to vote, she had so many -1's against her that she ended up dropping two tiers. This is beginning to provide less accurate results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom