• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
3 votes?

Ike + 1
Shulk + 1
Mario - 1

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4palutena: +1
:4falco: +1
:4sonic: +1 (Why is Sonic below Yoshi? Seriously guys, have y'all never fought a good Sonic or something?)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I know him. I did a 99 stock match in brawl vs him. He won with 1 stock at 44% lol.

I just play her and she feels like shes been nerfed massively. Her best attributes from brawl have been severely weakened. Yeah she got some buffs but overall I feel like she just does less damage on everything and kills later.
Ahh, I apologise for not seeing this sooner. We ended up versing in GFs last tournament. She has less kill power on some things, though her upB can be an early killer if you're not watching out for it/SDI out haha. Her stun on lasers is longer now, so now she doesn't need to be right next to you to get kill setups, I think that's the trade-off, and it works quite well. Her grab issues have been mitigated with less cooldown lag and her main setups are still there.

I dunno, she seems pretty good to me, it's hard to explain; but I think she's at least top of high tier if not bottom of top. =P

And another from me:

:4miisword: +1
:4falco: +1
:4marth: +1

Last edited:

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
Liking the look of this idea. The list really looks like it's taking shape into something that feels quite credible, 's far as 'tier predicting' goes, at least.

:4sheik:-1
:4pit:+1
:4darkpit:+1

I feel like sheik is only ranked so high because Sheik's a bit easier to pick up, as with melee-Sheik, than the likes of, say, Diddy Kong. I only think Sheik's closer to ZSS/Sonic and all because of the knockback nerfs in the patch, mind you-- prior to that, I'd have wholeheartedly agreed with Sheik as top 5 by some solid margin. While ZSS tempted me for a +1, as did Sonic, I feel like the Pits were a bit more out-of-place. Feels a bit wasteful to +1 both, as they feel to be the clones that're closest to each other in terms of play, but they just look a bit low. They mightn't be tip-top tier, but they don't feel to be far from it (suspect they may have gotten a bit lost in the shuffle?) Disjointed hitboxes, low-lag moves, a great nair, good tilts, repeating jab, some solid air combos... Just seems a bit closer to Robin than Mario.

Excuse if the explanation amounts to just spam-- speaking from just my experiences as an above-average player. I haven't really stopped playing to watch others do so too much... though, I do spend quite a bit of time as-of-late comparing characters on things like recovery.

Browny

Smash Hater
Greninja -1
Link +1
Lucina +1

UPDATED

For the first time in a long time, Sheik is knocked off top tier as Zelda finally starts to gain some ground. Poor Mii Swordfighter though, every time they move upwards, everyone above them goes upwards too, keeping that 1-rank gap between them :(

@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 http://smashboards.com/threads/unofficial-swf-user-voted-tier-list-done.290603/

Unfortunately the original thread lived on the old user blogs forum which was removed without warning one day and I lost a gigantic thread, all that remained was the final list where it was, it was going on for a few months though.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
:4sheik:+1
:4ganondorf:+1
:4gaw:-1

Sheik's still nonsense (and of course, these tiers aren't sorted, just clumped. I'd put her below Diddy and maybe below Rosalina).
Ganondorf isn't as bad as Kong, at least how I see him played.

And I'm still convinced G&W is the second worst character.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
:4pacman:+1 - He's in the upper half, but definitely not top tier.
:4wario2:+1 - same as above
:4megaman:+1 - 4th at a NY/NJ regional. Top half at least.

Marth needs to be higher too, I'm thinking right outside of top tier. Don't know why Sheik is getting voted down. She is still extremely capable of winning majors.

Falco's damage per hit alone is enough to put him in mid tier at least.

I think Mario's about midway now. Good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom