• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh wow, even as an optimistic ness main i'm a bit surprised and intrigued by him at #4 considering Sonic, Pika and Lucario could have that position quite easily imo. I tend to see him as more somewhere between 5-8, but I won't worry about it for now. :p

:4falco: +1
:4miigun: +1
:4villager: +1

Last edited:

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
The reason I said what I said is because (after skimming through the thread) as soon as one person votes G&W up, someone almost immediately votes him down, back into 2nd-to-last.
It just confuses me.
And speaking of Customs, I LOVE the Multi-Hit Judge.
Why?
Because if you hit a 9 but you whiff, they could run into the Multi-Hit on accident and still get sent flying!
Satisfying, y'know?
I love Game and Watch, I mained him in Brawl and really wish he was a good character. But the unfortunate fact is that he was a mid-tier in Brawl and was nerfed so hard in Smash 4 that I think he is definitely bottom tier and one of the worst characters. He gained speed(like every other character), but in return his killing ability was nerfed and his aerials no longer auto-cancel, so it's harder to rack up damage without getting punished. This is in addition to the fact that he's the second lightest character in the game. It's bad enough where even though I'm comfortable playing him, I don't think I can really be competitive with him against good players so I don't try. Two weeks with Pac-Man and I already win more with him than I do with Game and Watch, whom I have years of experience using in Brawl.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I love Game and Watch, I mained him in Brawl and really wish he was a good character.
As did I.
But the unfortunate fact is that he was a mid-tier in Brawl and was nerfed so hard in Smash 4
"Nerfed so hard"? I don't really see that. If you could go into detail (probably in a PM, we don't wanna clog this thread) that would be appreciated.
that I think he is definitely bottom tier and one of the worst characters.
Not in my eyes, he ain't. From what I've played he has an upper-hand against a number of foes like :4robinm: and (sometimes) :4megaman: if you know what you're doing. I've also taken down a competitive :4ganondorf: player as GnW.
He gained speed(like every other character), but in return his killing ability was nerfed and his aerials no longer auto-cancel, so it's harder to rack up damage without getting punished.
I find his killing ability to be around the same as in Brawl, but you kinda have to predict more.
GnW's USmash has gained Super Armor before he strikes and his DSmash Hammers have gotten a bit larger (bigger hitbox), plus throwing a foe of the cliff, FAir-ing them to play keep-away, and once they grab the edge just shield-grab their ledge attack and repeat.
I honestly find that This is in addition to the fact that he's the second lightest character in the game.
Gah, I dislike how they removed Bucket Braking from GnW's arsenal (and now it does the exact opposite, it gives you a push in momentum) but now Mario of all people can Bucket-Brake with his cape. :\
It's bad enough where even though I'm comfortable playing him, I don't think I can really be competitive with him against good players so I don't try.
You just gotta try.
And if that don't work, Try, Try Again.
Two weeks with Pac-Man and I already win more with him than I do with Game and Watch, whom I have years of experience using in Brawl.
I can relate, I find :4pacman: to be quite fun, and I've won quite a few matches with him, but I feel as if GnW and PAC-MAN's skills are matched, it's just that you need to know what you're up against to take full advantage of the battlefield.
Got an Edge-hogger? Throw some Bacon or your Bell and deal with them at a comfortable range.
Someone spacing? Bucket the projectiles or take the Pellet Trail over them to reach your foe.
Up Close? Try a Dash Attack for both ends. GnW can follow-up with an aerial and PM can attack directly out of his DA incase a foe dodges, or you can throw a Bonus Fruit if you pop 'em into the air.
But I've rambled on long enough. If you have any further questions, feel free to Private Message me. :b:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Marth -1 (Should be next to his clone.)
Pit +1
Dark Pit +1 (Pit's definitely ahead of the group he's in. Dark Pit? Definitely less so. But I don't want him getting stuck behind, so +1 it is.)

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Kirby +1

"Please enter a message with at least 10 characters."

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
:4sonic:+1 Pretty great
:4falcon:+1 Seems pretty awesome to me
:4littlemac:-1 seems a little unable to handle being offstage. And just hard to get momentum with.

BSP

Smash Legend
:4pacman:+1 - I think he needs to be in the tier above him, but no higher than that for now until his players can consistently circumvent his poor grab.

:4villager:+1
:4megaman:+1 - people are sleeping on this guy. Phenomenal midrange game, grab game, Bair, Uair, Utilt, lemons. We're going to see more of him in the future.

I can relate, I find :4pacman: to be quite fun, and I've won quite a few matches with him, but I feel as if GnW and PAC-MAN's skills are matched, it's just that you need to know what you're up against to take full advantage of the battlefield.
Got an Edge-hogger? Throw some Bacon or your Bell and deal with them at a comfortable range.
Someone spacing? Bucket the projectiles or take the Pellet Trail over them to reach your foe.
Up Close? Try a Dash Attack for both ends. GnW can follow-up with an aerial and PM can attack directly out of his DA incase a foe dodges, or you can throw a Bonus Fruit if you pop 'em into the air.
But I've rambled on long enough. If you have any further questions, feel free to Private Message me. :b:
As far as I know, GW doesn't have anything on Pac Man's stage control or projectile game.

Last edited:

BTVolta

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4luigi: Boss has shown that Luigi is a real threat by taking down 2 Xanadu's now along with Thunderstorm's showing at TCU and many Luigi's a KTAR.
+1 :4villager: His camp game is real and he's been having a great showing in Japan ,although if this aggressive meta in America continues he may stay at the bottom.
-1 :jigglypuff: I think she's being over rated because in the current meta she has had no significant showing despite the many buffs from brawl.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
This seem fun:

:4wiifit:: +1

Why is Wii Fit so low? Definitely not a bad character. Excellent combo potential, fast, two solid projectiles that let her camp very well, decent kill power even without a deep breathing, and low crouch really screws some characters over.

:4metaknight:: +1

Sure, he got nerfed, but he's still really, really solid. People need to get over the unfortunate animations. Multiple jumps let him gimp, again, incredible combo potential(guaranteed Dthrow followups at most relevant percents), Uair juggles excellently, laggy projectiles aren't very safe against MK because Dcape, and even for small, agile characters like Pika, returning to the ground without getting hit by Shuttle Loop is pretty difficult.

:4shulk:: -1 Shulk's... not bad, but not incredible either. He doesn't hit very hard, he's pretty slow, and pretty light too. Of course Monado can alleviate these problems somewhat, but it's still a double edged sword, and even finding an opportunity to get to the later boosts is difficult at the best of times. Uair and Dair both kill decently, but the massive lag on the second hit makes them hard to land. His edgeguarding's very good, and he can definitely hold his own, but he's not that great, not above characters like Pacman and MK, and certainly not on the same level as Marth.

EDIT: Added justification.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Marth: -1
Link: +1
Robin: -1

I really don't think Robin will be considered a good character when everything is said and done, but I've been horribly wrong before.

Top Bottom