• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
+1 Link
+1 Jigglypuff
+1 Shiek
+1 Mario
+1 Greninja

Browny

Smash Hater
No more votes, Im counting them now.

@ GreenFlame GreenFlame you cant do +2, it doesnt matter i only counted it as +1
Also you did vote twice, I only counted the first one. it doesnt matter though your second vote when removed didnt change anything in the list.

every character except wario and fox got a vote this time, cool stuff :)

Update done, and a little notice on where to from here.

---

Now we are getting somewhere! Soon, we will vote on where to split these ranks into tiers. For example, we might decide that captain falcon until shulk is B-tier, or maybe jigglypuff to wario is B tier. But not yet! voting continues as per normal until I decide to start making tiers. Either way do not think these are the tiers yet, this is still trying to rank the characters in order of best to last.

After achieving a gap between the next highest rank with Diddy and Sheik, these two characters can not go any higher.

:4diddy::4sheik:

(gap)
:4greninja::rosalina::4yoshi::4zss:

There is only one way to displace these characters from the top spot, and that is to fill in the rank below with a character, and then the voting period after that, vote diddy/sheik down and the other character up.

Therefore, +1 votes will not be counted for diddy and sheik.

The same applies for mii swordfighter too in reverse... how sad :(

Soon, the votes will be reduced to 3 per member. I aim to keep it at 3 forever after that.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
You're right

Like I said though, your votes didnt change anything (the characters you voted for were already going to move as they had more than 1 + or - vote. Thats not to say your votes didnt count, its just that they didnt affect this update)

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
@ Browny Browny can we only vote for 3 starting now, or can we still do 5?

Edit: Nvm, I'm just gonna assume 5 because that's what everyone is voting.

Last edited:

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
List is starting to look good! Middle tiers still seem a bit messy.

Plus Samus
Plus Donkey Kong
Plus Link
Minus Mii Brawler
Minus Little Mac

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Mii Gunner -1
Greninja -1
Lucina -1
Marth +1
Falco +1

BSP

Smash Legend
If you care about my input:

Keep this post in mind: http://smashboards.com/goto/post?id=18046005#post-18046005
The top two tiers are almost good. :4sonic::4pikachu::4ness::4lucario:and possibly :4fox: need to join the top two, and that's good enough. It's too early to call order outside of :4diddy:being #1 right now.

:4marth:should be right outside of top tier at worst. :4mario: is mid tier at best. If :4mario: is better than :4drmario:, which is very debatable right now, they are in the same tier at least, which should be mid at best.

:4wario2::4pacman::4megaman: :4falco:are in the upper half of the cast at least. I think :4villager: is in the upper half too. :4dk: got 5th at KTAR XI, he is not that low.

Anyone I don't comment on, either I don't know enough about them to make accurate assessments or I think they are fine where they are for now.

My votes:

:4mario: -1
:4sonic:+1
:4pikachu:+1
:4ness:+1
:4fox:+1

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
+1 Fox
+1 Wii Fit Trainer
+1 Villager
+1 Mii Swordfighter
+1 Zelda

Zelda actually got better in this game XP

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit + 1
Dark Pit + 1
Marth - 1
Lucina - 1
(No way the angels are so low and the Falchioners are so high. Switch 'em around at least, heh.)
Falco - 1

Browny

Smash Hater
If you care about my input:

Keep this post in mind: http://smashboards.com/goto/post?id=18046005#post-18046005
The top two tiers are almost good. :4sonic::4pikachu::4ness::4lucario:and possibly :4fox: need to join the top two, and that's good enough. It's too early to call order outside of :4diddy:being #1 right now.

:4marth:should be right outside of top tier at worst. :4mario: is mid tier at best. If :4mario: is better than :4drmario:, which is very debatable right now, they are in the same tier at least, which should be mid at best.

:4wario2::4pacman::4megaman: :4falco:are in the upper half of the cast at least. I think :4villager: is in the upper half too. :4dk: got 5th at KTAR XI, he is not that low.

Anyone I don't comment on, either I don't know enough about them to make accurate assessments or I think they are fine where they are for now.

My votes:

:4sonic:+1
:4pikachu:+1
:4ness:+1
:4fox:+1
Hi BSP

What do you think of ZSS? Its clear you follow tourney results more than most. In my random skimming I havent really found much proof of ZSS being so high and every time I watch a stream I have not seen ZSS once since the invitational depsite seeing all the other characters multiple times.

I get why she seems good but top tier? Have you seen any results from her. Id like to know if you have, I want to see how she plays if shes that good.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Link higher than Toon Link? Mario higher than Luigi? Ya gotta be jokin' peeps...

:4tlink: +1
:4luigi: +1
:4fox: +1
:4dk: +1

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We have a ZSS user here in Aus (you know Zero ((not ZeRo)) Browny?) who does really well with ZSS, her spacing game is augmented by lasers that really make playing footsies a painful, painful ordeal. She has some really good combos and can escape juggles quite well. Not sure of her results in America but I can see why people think she's top. I don't think she's top 5 anymore, she's probably actually around the same position she was in Brawl IMO, or perhaps slightly higher.

Err, in any case, my votes:

:4bowser: -1
:4sonic: +1
:4ness: +1
:4kirby: -1
:4villager: +1

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah I know him. I did a 99 stock match in brawl vs him. He won with 1 stock at 44% lol.

I just play her and she feels like shes been nerfed massively. Her best attributes from brawl have been severely weakened. Yeah she got some buffs but overall I feel like she just does less damage on everything and kills later.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
+1 Luigi [Tourney results]
+1 Lucario [Stupid Aura]
-1 Peach [Not that high, but good]
-1 Doc [Still worse than Mario]
-1 Olimar [Pikmin AI]

[I can't believe there's a gap for Swordsman...lol. He sucks but not to that degree. Wasn't gonna waste a vote on it though]

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pikachu +1
Sonic +1
Rosalina & Luma +1
Pac-Man +1
Toon Link +1

I feel like these all deserve upvotes, especially so for Sonic, Pac-Man, and Toon Link because to varying degrees I think they're better than where they currently fall on the list.

Rosalina upvote was just to secure her spot.

Pikachu because 1. I'm obviously biased and 2. I honestly believe Pikachu has insane potential in this game.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
-1 Bowser
-1 Duck Hunt
-1 Pikachu
+1 Captain Falcon
-1 Shulk

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
-1 Captain Falcon (seriously people, he's not S tier, and not high A tier trust me)
-1 Shiek (Not as good as rosaluma or yoshi)
+1 Doc mario (no seriously he's just as good as mario)
+1 Lucario (aura. duh)
+1 Rosaluma (luma still a nuisance)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
+1 Jigglypuff - She has amazing gimp game now, good rest setups, and amazing combos. In 2 months I think she may get the diddy treatment, just not as strong.
+1 Toon Link - Toon Link seems better than link, as he has some quirky item control things (throw Bomb then grabs Bomb with air dodge)
-1 Mii Brawler - One Inch punch more like One Inch Overhype
+1 Pacman - Playstyle too good to be that low
+1 Sonic - You're too slow

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Let's say....

+1 Villager (I've played against some of these who are great at being defensive. Not top 10 but still...)
+1 Ganondorf (Likewise, while I don't expect Ganondorf to pass mid tier I think he should be higher than he is.)
+1 Zelda
-1 Bowser (Bowser is much better than Brawl but still very punishable, and with the Bowsercide nerf....)
-1 Olimar (who I feel deserves his own bottom tier, he's literally the only character I've never seen played well in this game)

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
-2 Olimar (who I feel deserves his own bottom tier, he's literally the only character I've never seen played well in this game)
You can't vote -2.

Also I agree with your post except for Olimar, he's been so under-repped that it's impossible to tell where he is. I actually think he could be good, but I can't tell because of his lack of representation.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Sorry, I misinterpreted the original post. In that case I guess -1 to Olimar instead of -2 and...

...Do I go with the overcompensated Shulk buff? The underestimated range on DK's stupid Bair? The hidden Ike super armor abuse that apparently only I have seen?...

No. I'm going to say +1 Zelda cause I've legitimately seen her holding her own in tournaments. Again, not top tier or anything but DEFINITELY higher than she's placed on this list.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Sorry, I misinterpreted the original post. In that case I guess -1 to Olimar instead of -2 and...

...Do I go with the overcompensated Shulk buff? The underestimated range on DK's stupid Bair? The hidden Ike super armor abuse that apparently only I have seen?...

No. I'm going to say +1 Zelda cause I've legitimately seen her holding her own in tournaments. Again, not top tier or anything but DEFINITELY higher than she's placed on this list.
You should probably update your post to show your votes.

Top Bottom