• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

D

Deleted member

why is Ivysaur considered a waifu at all

also Palutena should be in S

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
why is Ivysaur considered a waifu at all

also Palutena should be in S
I think Ivysaur is a girl, and I just used characters that were mentioned previously when people made waifu tier list. Also I find Palu's laugh quite annoying and just outclassed by the others.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
My idea of what the tier list looks like:

S: :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4pikachu::4ryu:
A: :4diddy::4sonic::4mario::4fox::4ness::4villager::4metaknight:
B: :4yoshi::4falcon::4luigi::4wario::4lucas::4myfriends::4rob::4cloud::4darkpit::4pit::4tlink:
C: :4pacman::4lucario::4greninja::4olimar::4peach::4dk::4shulk::4robinm::4megaman::4falco::4link::4feroy:
D: :4bowserjr::4wiifit::4charizard::4marth::4drmario::4gaw::4duckhunt::4lucina::4bowser::4kirby::4mewtwo:
E: :4dedede::4littlemac::4ganondorf::4zelda::4palutena::4samus::4jigglypuff:
N/A::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4corrin::4bayonetta:

I factored in everyone's opinions--such as on Mario--as well as the buffs and nerfs some characters recently got. I also took into account the results of Genesis III when piecing this together. Coincidentally enough, a lot of characters ended up landing near their home series brethren, such as Mario right above Luigi and Ness right above Lucas. Also coincidental is the fact that this list is symmetrical, in one sense. Neither of these traits had any effect on where I chose to place certain characters, but I must say it certainly does look neat.
Incidentally, I feel most put Cloud too high up and Lucas too low down, given that the former was only just added to the game with a plethora of weaknesses and that the latter just received a slew of new buffs that make the character like-new in terms of viability--and what few results he has speak volumes in favor of this.
If anyone has any questions on why I placed characters where I did, please ask me calmly, and I would be more than willing to explain and potentially change my list based on your ideas.

Thank you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My idea of what the tier list looks like.

B: :4yoshi::4falcon::4luigi::4wario::4lucas::4myfriends::4rob::4cloud::4darkpit::4pit::4tlink:
C: :4pacman::4lucario::4greninja::4olimar::4peach::4dk::4shulk::4robinm::4megaman::4falco::4link::4feroy:
D: :4bowserjr::4wiifit::4charizard::4marth::4drmario::4gaw::4duckhunt::4lucina::4bowser::4kirby::4mewtwo:

I factored in everyone's opinions--such as on Mario--as well as the buffs and nerfs some characters recently got. Lastly, I took into account the results of Genesis III when piecing this together. Coincidentally enough, a lot of characters ended up landing near their home series brethren, such as Mario right above Luigi and Ness right above Lucas. Also coincidental is the fact that this list is symmetrical in one sense. Neither of these traits had any effect on where I chose to place certain characters, but I must say it does look neat.
Incidentally, I feel most put Cloud too high up and Lucas too low down, given that the former was only just added to the game with a plethora of weaknesses and that the latter just received a slew of new buffs that make the character like-new in terms of viability--and what few results he has speak volumes in favor of this.
If anyone has any questions on why I placed characters where I did, please ask me calmly, and I would be more than willing to explain and potentially change my list based on your ideas.

Thank you.
This is probably one of the best tier lists I've come across so far, serious props to you. I am wondering though, why do you consider Charizard to be better than Bowser? I also don't believe Mewtwo should be that low or that Samus is the second-worst character in the game, so I'm curious on that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
This is probably one of the best tier lists I've come across so far, serious props to you. I am wondering though, why do you consider Charizard to be better than Bowser? I also don't believe Mewtwo should be that low or that Samus is the second-worst character in the game, so I'm curious on that as well.
I'm absolutely flattered by your compliment!
How silly of me to place Charizard that much higher than Bowser--or higher than Bowser at all. In my next revision, I'll be sure to make that look better, but for now, try to picture Bowser in Charizard's place, with Charizard falling somewhere in between Mr. Game & Watch and Duck Hunt. That was purely an oversight, so I beg your pardon!
As far as Mewtwo goes, I feel comfortable with him being there; his speed and hitbox problems were solved for the most part, but his large frame and light weight still hinder him. With time, I may change his position as well.
Lastly, I intend to move Samus up perhaps a whole tier as soon as I see some more results. Consider her placement an oversight as well.
Thank you for catching on!

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
You never commented on my tier list D:

Also, I think You overatted Lucas and Shulk. I feel like shulk should go below roy, and lucas to c as I don't think any lucas made top 64, but same with roy iirc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You never commented on my tier list D:
waifus matter more than tier lists tbh

But fo'real, I saw no real issue with it. Marth is too high and Falco is too low, but those are the only things that bothered me.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
I think You overatted Lucas and Shulk. I feel like shulk should go below roy, and lucas to c as I don't think any lucas made top 64, but same with roy iirc
I suppose you could call Lucas and Shulk estimates based on their buffs; Pink Fresh has been making strides (albeit in Xanadu), and Shulk's key weakness has been addressed to a small extent. I believe these constitute their rises, but we can only wait and see what comes of it all.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Your whole opinion is wrong...and it's unacceptable. Xandercosm Xandercosm at least backs himself up.
i was on my phone not going to type out a full explanation on that.
wii fit doesnt have the results in a large tournment setting that should place him above some of the characters in D bowser, and falco especially. there aren't even enough wii fit results to suggest he's an average character and no singular tool says that as well. his highest placing came in evo customs and as much as i like cutoms in default there isn't results to back up such a placing even at c
my opinion on mii gunner really hinges on the rulset that is used. given freedom to choose sets mii gunner has a very good neturel via grenade and some great space control miis have had most of the community against them from the start resulting in them always ending at the bottom of many tier lists.
there is no justification at this point that roy is even a c tier character. kill power alone isnt enough to land him in that spot. bad recovery, bad neutrual, next to no results, and even struggling to get kills if opponent wont make an extreme commitment. he can't be put over bowser jr, falco, bowser, and even link characters with more results, better neutral games.
i said kirby is low because i think his tools and combo game place him above the four character immediatly before him. kirby cane edgegaurd with any air attack. never underestimate how good that croutch is. add in kill throw and combo throw hes the lowest chaaracter with that combined toolset. and he is relatively far from the next character with it (dk).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
i was on my phone not going to type out a full explanation on that.
wii fit doesnt have the results in a large tournment setting that should place him above some of the characters in D bowser, and falco especially. there aren't even enough wii fit results to suggest he's an average character and no singular tool says that as well. his highest placing came in evo customs and as much as i like cutoms in default there isn't results to back up such a placing even at c
my opinion on mii gunner really hinges on the rulset that is used. given freedom to choose sets mii gunner has a very good neturel via grenade and some great space control miis have had most of the community against them from the start resulting in them always ending at the bottom of many tier lists.
there is no justification at this point that roy is even a c tier character. kill power alone isnt enough to land him in that spot. bad recovery, bad neutrual, next to no results, and even struggling to get kills if opponent wont make an extreme commitment. he can't be put over bowser jr, falco, bowser, and even link characters with more results, better neutral games.
i said kirby is low because i think his tools and combo game place him above the four character immediatly before him. kirby cane edgegaurd with any air attack. never underestimate how good that croutch is. add in kill throw and combo throw hes the lowest chaaracter with that combined toolset. and he is relatively far from the next character with it (dk).
No offense, but I can barely tell what's important and/or unimportant since there's no capitalizations anywhere....that and I don't think there's a single explanation on Dark Pit being better than Pit(cause it ain't true whatsoever...and I do mean ever)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
S: :4sheik::4zss::4ryu::rosalina::4sonic:
A: :4pikachu::4mario::4fox::4metaknight::4ness::4villager::4diddy::4cloud::4yoshi:
B: :4wario::4luigi::4myfriends::4falcon::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman::4rob::4greninja:
C: :4tlink::4megaman::4olimar::4dk::4robinf::4wiifit::4feroy::4lucas::4bowserjr:
D: :4kirby::4mewtwo::4samus::4gaw::4bowser::4falco::4drmario::4shulk:
E: :4littlemac::4link::4marth::4palutena::4charizard::4lucina::4miisword::4dedede:
F: :4miigun::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl:

Since people were posting their tier lists earlier, time to spruce things up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I saw your list and wanted to mention a few things. It's not bad, but I am just gonna point out the things that stood out to me.

Firstly, I think Ryu has potential to be that high, but not quite yet. On with this, I think him, Rosalina and Sonic shouldn't be in the very top tier, due to actual weaknesses. You also can't deny that ZeRo is still doing things with Diddy. I think he could be a couple of places higher.

Secondly, I thank you for actually sitting down and realising Samus's success and that she actually has lots of tools and options, but even I think that might be a bit high, especially when there are indeed characters that should be above her, namely Bowser, Falco, and arguably, Marth, all of whom for example have much nicer matchups all round than her. I think Samus should be D tier, but more of closer to Doc. I mentioned Marth, who I do believe should also be higher (and in turn, Lucina), at least somewhere in D tier. I believe that Marth can handle most characters in the game effectively (save a couple, Dedede and Captain Falcon being the only matchups where he solidly loses IMO). Other than that, most of it is okay. I think Palutena could go below Dedede for example, but that and the rest would be mainly nitpicking.

And for all the people asking "Why is Samus so high?". Believe it or not, she actually has better results than almost all of the characters from bottom of D and below. Samus as a number of useful combos for racking damage, and multiple powerful finishers to boot. Believe it or not, most of her moves are fine as is. I am going to include Up Smash. Whoever moans that it doesn't link clearly doesn't know the character. To go into it more, Up Smash is meant to be used on an aerial opponent, where it's hits almost always link. It's an anti air move. It's like this. You aren't gonna use Falco's laser if the opponent is above you for example, you'd use Up Air, Up Tilt, Up Smash for example... it works like this. Samus also has more combos than almost all of the characters below her, with multiple combo starters to boot.

I might also mention that on any stage with platforms, Samus can zero to death any character. That alone is something worth mentioning.

Here are few examples, one of which is mine:
Just another point, if they hadn't killed, Samus would have just performed a 0-45%+ true combo.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pichu tier::pichumelee:
1::4sheik::4zss::4pikachu:1.5/BL:rosalina:
2::4mario::4fox::4ryu::4sonic::4metaknight::4diddy::4yoshi:
3::4luigi::4ness::4wario2::4peach::4cloud::4rob::4villager::4lucario::4falcon::4olimar::4pacman::4myfriends:3.5/ BL::4pit::4darkpit::4megaman:
4::4dk::4marth::4kirby::4wiifit::4greninja::4tlink::4lucas:
5::4robinm::4feroy::4drmario::4mewtwo::4falco::4shulk::4link::4lucina::4littlemac::4bowser:5.5/BL::4gaw::4samus::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:
6::4charizard::4miigun::4dedede::4miisword::4ganondorf:6.5/BL::4jigglypuff::4palutena:
7::4zelda::4miibrawl:
If your wondering what BL is, the BL stands for Borderline, I'm using it as a way of marking characters in one tier that in my opinion have a slightly lower quality than the rest but still aren't as low as the characters below them and don't warrant an entire tier to themselves.

As for why I placed my main where she is, I personally feel that Jigglypuff, while her weaknesses are every bit as bad as the others below her, I believe her strengths, Rest, Wall of Pain and her air game, offer more than what Zelda, 1111 Brawler and Palutena can offer so that's why she's above them despite having inferior results.
I'm open to criticism, as long as your polite and not outright insulting me I'm fine with it. :p

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
3::4luigi::4ness::4wario2::4peach::4cloud::4rob::4villager::4lucario::4falcon::4olimar::4pacman::4myfriends:3.5/ BL::4pit::4darkpit::4megaman:
5::4robinm::4feroy::4drmario::4mewtwo::4falco::4shulk::4link::4lucina::4littlemac::4bowser:5.5/BL::4gaw::4samus::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:
6::4charizard::4miigun::4dedede::4miisword::4ganondorf:6.5/BL::4jigglypuff::4palutena:
If your wondering what BL is, the BL stands for Borderline, I'm using it as a way of marking characters in one tier that in my opinion have a slightly lower quality than the rest but still aren't as low as the characters below them and don't warrant an entire tier to themselves.

As for why I placed my main where she is, I personally feel that Jigglypuff, while her weaknesses are every bit as bad as the others below her, I believe her strengths, Rest, Wall of Pain and her air game, offer more than what Zelda, 1111 Brawler and Palutena can offer so that's why she's above them despite having inferior results.
I'm open to criticism, as long as your polite and not outright insulting me I'm fine with it. :p
I like polite criticism, so here is some!

Marth is a solid character, but I do think you placed a couple of characters below him that should be above him, namely Greninja and Toon Link, mainly because they just have more reliable matchup spreads than Marth. And of course, the usual, Lucina is still too far away from Marth. I would also like to say that I do respect the fact that Marth is lots safer than Roy in many ways, but you can't deny that Roy has a much better combo game than Marth. That alone warrants him in a tier 4 position by my thinking, but hey.

Overall, nice list. I like the BL thinking. It makes perfect sense, especially when looking at Rosalina, good idea!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't feel like Lucario should be in tier 3. He has too many issues to be that high up, and lacks any consistent results in nationals. I can't name any actual relevant Lucario players bar Day and Shiny.

Pac-Man is not better than the Pits, and Villager should be in tier 2 above Yoshi. He's notably more effective than most of the characters you placed above him in tier 3, except maaaybe Ness.

Kirby is also too high in my opinion. More viable than Wii Fit Trainer, Robin or Greninja? I'm not seeing that. Robin is also much better than Marth.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Why is Bowser Jr. that low?

Furret24

Smash Master
Also Because I am bored Waifu Tier List!

S::4corrinf::rosalina:
A::4bayonetta::4zss::4robinf::4zelda::4villagerf:
B::4peach::4palutena::4lucina::ivysaur:
C::4wiifit::4samus::4lucario::4miif::4wario::4jigglypuff::4marth:

D::4wendy::4sheik:
This tier list is absolute trash. Clearly, Wario should have a tier all to himself. :yoshimelee:

The TRUE Waifu Tier List
SSS: :4wario:

F: Everyone Else

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
waifus matter more than tier lists tbh

But fo'real, I saw no real issue with it. Marth is too high and Falco is too low, but those are the only things that bothered me.
I had marth above falco and not the 2nd to last tier because he has nice tipper setups and I think that Marth has more results, albeit barely any, then Falco.

EDIT:Just Realized I forgot Samus on my tier list, she is added.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
All these tier lists make me want to post my own, maybe I'll do it when I get time. I'll be sure to take this threads opinions and tournament results into account.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I'll probably post mine soon as well...
well...
My idea of what the tier list looks like:

if you switched some stuff around, my tier list would basically be this one, anyway.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
He'll probably link to this video instead of actually taking her strengths into account and the kind of stuff her very dedicated playerbase has achieved. :gw:
How did you know?! :eek:

But, seriously though, that video shows it all. She's such a broken, sad mess. It's just wrong what they've done with her. It doesn't matter how "dedicated" her playerbase is, she'll always be terrible until those issues and more are fixed. She has no competitive future right now. She's bottom 10 at BEST.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
How did you know?! :eek:

But, seriously though, that video shows it all. She's such a broken, sad mess. It's just wrong what they've done with her and until those issues and more are fixed, she has no competitive future. She's bottom 10 at BEST.
I've given up trying to reason with you. You are exactly the same with Jigglypuff (albeit, mostly correct about her, but still refuse to look at any sort of strengths). You love to point out a characters weaknesses but refuse to even give thought about their strengths. You really are the epitome of egocentricm.

I appreciate that you have your own opinions, but saying she has absolutely no competitive future is a bit far, especially when players have gotten results with her. Not many "broken, sad" characters have taken a game off of ZeRo.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
No offense, but I can barely tell what's important and/or unimportant since there's no capitalizations anywhere....that and I don't think there's a single explanation on Dark Pit being better than Pit(cause it ain't true whatsoever...and I do mean ever)
The pit players I've spoken to at my scene say that to me. Most ppint to the arrows dofference isnt significant and dark pit having overall better knockback. I'm just relying that. But instead of attacking me for capitalization why don't you actually address anything I said? If it's confusing say what you want clarification on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The pit players I've spoken to at my scene say that to me. Most ppint to the arrows dofference isnt significant and dark pit having overall better knockback. I'm just relying that. But instead of attacking me for capitalization why don't you actually address anything I said? If it's confusing say what you want clarification on.
They don't really know much about Pit compared if they say arrows aren't significant. More Damage+Early Kills=/=Better. Also, I'm not trying to attack you, I just pointed out that no capitalizations anywhere kinda confused me...though Kirby needs some clarification.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm going to go and say that in my opinion Rosalina is the absolute best of the game... Please don't kill me.

I'm don't have much knowledge about some of the game mechanics, but every time I see tournaments, I feel that people struggle with beating Rosalina much more than with other characters. If I recall, even ZeRo recognized Rosalina is better than Sheik. I happen to think that Sheik is number one only because she has more representation, due to being more easy to learn how to control than Rosalina.

I try to say this in an unbiased way, not because Rosalina is one of my mains. I just think that she can pretty much handle a majority of the cast with ease.

*Puts shield on*

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm going to go and say that in my opinion Rosalina is the absolute best of the game... Please don't kill me.

I'm don't have much knowledge about some of the game mechanics, but every time I see tournaments, I feel that people struggle with beating Rosalina much more than with other characters. If I recall, even ZeRo recognized Rosalina is better than Sheik. I happen to think that Sheik is number one only because she has more representation, due to being more easy to learn how to control than Rosalina.

I try to say this in an unbiased way, not because Rosalina is one of my mains. I just think that she can pretty much handle a majority of the cast with ease.

*Puts shield on*
*Sheild Stabs you*

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity

*Puts shield on*
Shield Breaker...
Like, I think Rosa is very good, but not the best. While Luma is on the field, alive and kicking, yes, Rosa is extremely good. With Luma dead, though, Rosa is still good, but, like, not great.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
egocentricm.
I like that word. I'd also like to see said match where Zero is beaten by Samus.

I think the real problem, though, is not my egocentrism, it's your desperate will to keep holding onto a character with no potential. I don't really understand why you put so much time and energy into defending Samus (or Marth, for that matter). Why are you so determined? I think you are the one who needs to explain yourself.

Top Bottom