• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
S: :4sheik::4zss::4ryu::rosalina::4sonic:
A: :4pikachu::4mario::4fox::4metaknight::4ness::4villager::4diddy::4cloud::4yoshi:
B: :4wario::4luigi::4myfriends::4falcon::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman::4rob::4greninja:
C: :4tlink::4megaman::4olimar::4dk::4robinf::4wiifit::4feroy::4lucas::4bowserjr:
D: :4kirby::4mewtwo::4samus::4gaw::4bowser::4falco::4drmario::4shulk:
E: :4littlemac::4link::4marth::4palutena::4charizard::4lucina::4miisword::4dedede:
F: :4miigun::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl:

Since people were posting their tier lists earlier, time to spruce things up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Duck Hunt...in F Tier?

Edit:Earth made himself a tier list, and it's not that bad

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A: :4pikachu::4mario::4fox::4metaknight::4ness::4villager::4diddy::4cloud::4yoshi:
B: :4wario::4luigi::4myfriends::4falcon::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman::4rob::4greninja:
C: :4tlink::4megaman::4olimar::4dk::4robinf::4wiifit::4feroy::4lucas::4bowserjr:
E: :4littlemac::4link::4marth::4palutena::4charizard::4lucina::4miisword::4dedede:

Since people were posting their tier lists earlier, time to spruce things up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My only real complaint is the S-tier, since Ryu, Rosalina, and Sonic have some noticeable weaknesses that can hinder their potential; Ryu's advanced button command attacks, Rosalina's reliance on the Luma, Sonic's lack of any projectiles. I find that the S-tier seems more like a tier designed for those who have negligible weaknesses.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto

Since people were posting their tier lists earlier, time to spruce things up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jesus, this list is bad, no offense.

• Why is Ryu in 3rd?!
  • Why is Sonic in 5th?!
  • Why is Wario that high? That's crazy...
  • Why is Samus 19 places higher than she should be?
  • Why is Cloud that high? That's freaking ridiculous.
  • Why is Bowser so low. Seriously, though, wtf?
  • Why is Charizard so low?
  • Why is Robin so high?
Oh, and by the way, I like your placement of Dedede. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is maybe the most hideous tier list I've ever seen. This "Earth" guy is one hell of a crackpot...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Earth's tier list is actually very accurate, even if I disagree about Kirby being bottom five and a couple other quibbles. It's not too big of an issue though, especially since I'm aware of how different the Japanese metagame is from the West.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Duck Hunt is quite high up there, which is highly questionable when you consider that their stage control game is very predictable, their recovery's vertical distance is quite slow, and their strongest attacks have very inconvenient hitboxes. I have to be missing something, because Duck Hunt seems like it can't do better than D-tier with those kinds of flaws.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
I really wonder why Wii Fit Trainer is so low. Of course, there's tons of questionable stuff about Earth's tier list. I understand things might be different since this is a Japanese Tier list. America has different ideals to a tier list like some characters are used more in other areas. Like Ike, Ike's played way more in America than Japan. Which is why probably he's lower on Earth's Tier List. Robin vice versa. Japan put him higher in the tier list because he's played more in Japan. Of course MUs factor in to Tier List. But a good portion of it is Tournament Results.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord

I personally do not agree with a lot of things here so don't think I am trying to offend you lol. I think Sheik and ZSS should be their own tier. I think Rosa is second then either sonic or ryu. I think at this point Tink > Greninja because Genesis. I think Roy is better than Robin, but that IS debatable. Now Samus is WAY too high imo. No way is she better than Marth, Shulk, and Falco. Also, i thinkMarth fits D better then E as he has great tipper setups. Other than that its actually pretty good, maybe just some small order tweaks.

EDIT: We also have to remember Japan has a different Meta, and I will also make a tier list after someone else posts so I don't double post.

ANOTHER EDIT:I feel like Warios placement might be a TAD bit high, but he is top of B tier, or at least upper half.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jesus, this list is bad, no offense.

• Why is Ryu in 3rd?!
  • Why is Sonic in 5th?!
  • Why is Wario that high? That's crazy...
  • Why is Samus 19 places higher than she should be?
  • Why is Cloud that high? That's freaking ridiculous.
  • Why is Bowser so low. Seriously, though, wtf?
  • Why is Charizard so low?
  • Why is Robin so high?
Oh, and by the way, I like your placement of Dedede. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is maybe the most hideous tier list I've ever seen. This "Earth" guy is one hell of a crackpot...
I don't think we need two tier lists that are exactly from the same guy...
Earth's tier list is actually very accurate, even if I disagree about Kirby being bottom five and a couple other quibbles. It's not too big of an issue though, especially since I'm aware of how different the Japanese metagame is from the West.
One day wel all be the same

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Just my two cents:
This tier list is not perfect by any means, it's just my personal opinion and I accept every criticism. Order is not strict, after B tier is impossible to give every character the right place.

EDIT: woah, I didn't know attachment work that way, I thought it was like Tinypic to post the url of the picture lol

Attachments

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion

sonic isn't S. dark pit is flat better than normal pit now. mii guner is low. roy and wii fit are too high. kirby is low.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Not to be rude, but, when criticizing others, may I ask you all to please back up what your saying with your reasons for believing the character is in the wrong place? Criticizing without saying why anything's wrong doesn't really tell the Tier List's creator anything, just that some random person disagrees and it ends up accomplishing basically nothing. If you actually say WHY you disagree, your reasons will become visible to the creator and maybe, after seeing your reasons, they'll end up seeing it your way.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
sonic isn't S. dark pit is flat better than normal pit now. mii guner is low. roy and wii fit are too high. kirby is low.
Your whole opinion is wrong...and it's unacceptable. Xandercosm Xandercosm atleast backs himself up.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Just my two cents:
[spoiler
Just my two cents:
This tier list is not perfect by any means, it's just my personal opinion and I accept every criticism. Order is not strict, after B tier is impossible to give every character the right place.

EDIT: woah, I didn't know attachment work that way, I thought it was like Tinypic to post the url of the picture lol
I'd like to ask you why you put Cloud above Mario and Pikachu. Considering, Mario and Pikachus' better recoveries, combo throws, better edgeguard games, etc, I think they really should be in S tier (which should be A tier. I don't understand why you have S and S+). Cloud also doesn't have enough rep/metagame-development yet to put him above solid characters like Mario and Pikachu that have had over a year to develop. At the moment, my opinion is that he's firmly a mid-tier.

Make a counter argument if you so desire.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Just my two cents:

How did you add S+ in?

D

Deleted member

Just my two cents:

• I disagree with you placing Samus in bottom five. She has better results than everyone else in the tier that she's in, and is a more capable character than them. Lucina shouldn't be in bottom five either. She's a mediocre character, but not outright bad.
  • Roy is mediocre once again, but he's definitely not deserving of bottom 10. His strengths are very real, even if his neutral and safety are argubaly on the lesser side.
  • G&W is too high. He hasn't made top 32 at any national or major thus far, his most impressive result being Regi getting into Top 64 with him at Genesis 3.
  • Where are the Miis??
Those are the only things that stuck out to me. Otherwise, good list imo!

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  • I disagree with you placing Samus in bottom five. She has better results than everyone else in the tier that she's in, and is a more capable character than them. Lucina shouldn't be in bottom five either. She's a mediocre character, but not outright bad.
  • Roy is mediocre once again, but he's definitely not deserving of bottom 10. His strengths are very real, even if his neutral and safety are argubaly on the lesser side.
  • G&W is too high. He hasn't made top 32 at any national or major thus far, his most impressive result being Regi getting into Top 64 with him at Genesis 3.
  • Where are the Miis??
Those are the only things that stuck out to me. Otherwise, good list imo!
How bout Xanadus?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Figuring out where to place the Miis is quite tricky, since they're unique for being able to use their custom specials in even the default only matches. A dilemma like that is pretty much why I put them in their own tier spot when i made my tier list input.

You'll have to excuse me if you think that the following list doesn't look right...

S: :4sheik::4zss:
A: :rosalina::4pikachu::4mario::4ryu::4sonic::4diddy::4metaknight::4fox::4ness::4villager:
B: :4yoshi::4wario::4falcon::4cloud::4myfriends::4peach::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4tlink::4rob:
C: :4pacman::4dk::4lucario::4feroy::4lucas::4olimar::4greninja::4marth::4lucina::4falco::4mewtwo::4link:
D: :4megaman::4shulk::4kirby::4robinm::4bowser::4littlemac::4wiifit::4gaw::4bowserjr::4charizard::4drmario:
E: :4samus::4dedede::4ganondorf::4duckhunt::4zelda:
F: :4palutena::4jigglypuff:
Mii: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Again I'm no competitive expert, so this list can be highly debatable. A few of the inputs are based on some things that I've analyzed in the past. As for the Mii tier, that's just a placeholder for the Mii fighters.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I did S+ just because I had to make a tier for Sheik and ZSS but I already had a definition for S tier for the other characters. Yes, I'm lazy lol
D tier was hell to make, I probably misplaced everyone. I didn't include Miis because I know too little about them and their metagame being stale because of ruleset. Cloud I have mixed feelings but Xandercosm is probably right.

Thank you for your feedback :)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
You don't make a bracket Evo 2015, You don't upload the matches or have past broadcasts Evo 2015, We don't count Regi getting 13th at Evo 2015 as results!!!!!

The rebellion begins..........

(But serisualy, people are serisualy forgetting this????)

I think he was being sarcastic.

I did S+ just because I had to make a tier for Sheik and ZSS but I already had a definition for S tier for the other characters. Yes, I'm lazy lol
D tier was hell to make, I probably misplaced everyone. I didn't include Miis because I know too little about them and their metagame being stale because of ruleset. Cloud I have mixed feelings but Xandercosm is probably right.

Thank you for your feedback :)
No, I mean, how did you add it. When I enter the Tier List Maker, S is the highest tier.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
No, I mean, how did you add it. When I enter the Tier List Maker, S is the highest tier.
Photoshop lol
If you use Chrome you can change the names but not the color associated with the Tier

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
D: :4kirby::4mewtwo::4samus::4lucario::4gaw::4bowser::4falco::4drmario::4shulk:
Problem: Duck Hunt in F tier
Reason: Duck Hunt's projectile/stage control game, while predictable, is effective. Acceptable killpower, albiet wonky hitboxes on smash attacks. Good shield pressure with projectiles, and decent grab game. Can combo out of certain projectiles.
Solution: Move Duck Hunt to Mid/Low D tier

Problem: Pit is slightly above Dark Pit
Reason: In light of the recent buff, Dark Pit now has a sweetspot on the tip of Ftilt, just like Pit. The ONLY differences between the two now are the Arrows and the Side Specials (Arms). While Pit's arrows are superior, Dark Pit's arrows are still a decent projectile and good for spacing/pressure. Dark Pit's Electroshock Arm is FAR better than Pit's Upperdash Arm, killing almost 40% earlier near the ledge (90% v 130%), and around the same midstage.
Solution: Switch Pit and Dark Pit's placements.

I also don't agree with Ryu and Sonic's placements: They should go into A tier, as I feel that only Sheik, Zss, and Rosalina and Luma have solid, consistent tournament results over Ryu and Sonic.

I'd put Ryu above Ness. Ness's grab game means that he has to get close, which is where Ryu excels. Ness also can't break Focus Attack, except with Fair and Dsmash.

I'd put Sonic in A after Diddy Kong. Sorry, I'm real tired, and I can't be bothered to explain right now. I will though, eventually.

Various other things are:
Wario over Luigi?
G&W better than Doctor Mario?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Problem: Duck Hunt in F tier
Reason: Duck Hunt's projectile/stage control game, while predictable, is effective. Acceptable killpower, albiet wonky hitboxes on smash attacks. Good shield pressure with projectiles, and decent grab game. Can combo out of certain projectiles.
Solution: Move Duck Hunt to Mid/Low D tier

Problem: Pit is slightly above Dark Pit
Reason: In light of the recent buff, Dark Pit now has a sweetspot on the tip of Ftilt, just like Pit. The ONLY differences between the two now are the Arrows and the Side Specials (Arms). While Pit's arrows are superior, Dark Pit's arrows are still a decent projectile and good for spacing/pressure. Dark Pit's Electroshock Arm is FAR better than Pit's Upperdash Arm, killing almost 40% earlier near the ledge (90% v 130%), and around the same midstage.
Solution: Switch Pit and Dark Pit's placements.

I also don't agree with Ryu and Sonic's placements: They should go into A tier, as I feel that only Sheik, Zss, and Rosalina and Luma have solid, consistent tournament results over Ryu and Sonic.

I'd put Ryu above Ness. Ness's grab game means that he has to get close, which is where Ryu excels. Ness also can't break Focus Attack, except with Fair and Dsmash.

I'd put Sonic in A after Diddy Kong. Sorry, I'm real tired, and I can't be bothered to explain right now. I will though, eventually.

Various other things are:
Wario over Luigi?
G&W better than Doctor Mario?
Dark Pit's FTilt doesn't kill as early as Pit's...like at all, and dem arrow game from the light one is on point....not Dark Pit's arrows whatsoever

PJB

Smash Cadet
Here's my tier list, feedback appreciated. My knowledge of the lower tiers is fairly limited, so I could easily be WAY off on those characters. Also put the mii's in their own separate tier since there is no official ruleset for what is legal regarding those characters yet.

A+: :rosalina::4diddy::4sonic::4ryu::4metaknight:
A-: :4fox::4mario::4villager::4pikachu::4ness::4cloud:
B: :4darkpit::4pit::4yoshi::4wario::4falcon::4myfriends::4peach::4luigi::4rob::4tlink:
C: :4pacman::4greninja::4megaman::4olimar::4dk::4wiifit::4robinf::4lucas::4lucario:
D: :4bowserjr::4bowser::4falco::4kirby::4feroy::4mewtwo::4link::4gaw::4marth::4drmario::4shulk:
E: :4littlemac::4samus::4duckhunt::4charizard::4dedede::4ganondorf::4lucina::4palutena:
F::4jigglypuff::4zelda:
Mii: :4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Dark Pit's FTilt doesn't kill as early as Pit's...like at all, and dem arrow game from the light one is on point....not Dark Pit's arrows whatsoever
Pretty sure that Dark Pit's Ftilt now has the same sweetspot on the end as Pit's.
I'll test it now, actually.

Pit's arrows are better, definitely, but they don't set up for anything. They can gimp, but that can be character dependent, and shouldn't happen with smart play: Worst they can do is force you to recover low.

Dark Pit's arrows are basically just for forcing an air dodge/jump from your opponent while recovering, or for pressuring at a distance.

I stand by the fact that Dark Pit's side B is MUCH stronger than Pit's, and this one factor places him higher.

EDIT: Dark Pit's Ftilt does indeed have a sweetspot on the end that deals the same damage (10%) as Pit's. HOWEVER, Pit's has much higher knockback. I concede defeat on this one point, but I stand by my opinion that the recent buffs have given Dark Pit a much better standing.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty sure that Dark Pit's Ftilt now has the same sweetspot on the end as Pit's.
I'll test it now, actually.

Pit's arrows are better, definitely, but they don't set up for anything. They can gimp, but that can be character dependent, and shouldn't happen with smart play: Worst they can do is force you to recover low.

Dark Pit's arrows are basically just for forcing an air dodge/jump from your opponent while recovering, or for pressuring at a distance.

I stand by the fact that Dark Pit's side B is MUCH stronger than Pit's, and this one factor places him higher.
A stronger move doesn't Mae you move up higher(Dr.Mario, Ganondorf, Roy, etc.). Top Pit/Dark Pit players like Nairo and Earth don't even abuse/barely use side b for either characters, so it's pretty much useless compared to Pit's arrows...which are the best sniping tool either angel has. Use his arrows on Ness/Lucas while they're doing their PK Thunder or any other character with bad recoveries(unless GOs are used for some disrespect).

I've(along with many other Pit/Dark Pit mains)already tested their Ftilt and Arms KO percentage.

:4pit:(X:4pit:)
Upperdash(Grounded)-126-136%(depending on blastzone and platform)
Upperdash(Dreamland Platform)-95%
Upperdash(Battlefield Platform)-120%
Upperdash(Airial)-147%
Ftilt(Sweet)-120%
Ftilt(Sour)-160%

:4darkpit:(X :4darkpit:)
Electroshock(Grounded)-94%
Electroshock(Middle of the stage)-136-148%(depending on blastzone and platform)
Electroshock(Dreamland Platform)-127%
Electroshock(Battlefield Platform)-150%
Electroshock(Middle/Center Stage Airial)-230-241%
Electroshock(Offstage/Ledge Airial)-122%
Ftilt(Sweet)-160%
Ftilt(Sour)-221%(let's not question it)

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Here's my tier list, feedback appreciated. My knowledge of the lower tiers is fairly limited, so I could easily be WAY off on those characters. Also put the mii's in their own separate tier since there is no official ruleset for what is legal regarding those characters yet.

B: :4darkpit::4pit::4yoshi::4wario::4falcon::4myfriends::4peach::4luigi::4rob::4tlink:
C: :4pacman::4greninja::4megaman::4olimar::4dk::4wiifit::4robinf::4lucas::4lucario:
D: :4bowserjr::4bowser::4falco::4kirby::4feroy::4mewtwo::4link::4gaw::4marth::4drmario::4shulk:
E: :4littlemac::4samus::4duckhunt::4charizard::4dedede::4ganondorf::4lucina::4palutena:
Samus, as usual, is too high...

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV

I agree with this list for the most part. You have the same exact top 8 as me so that's cool.

PJB

Smash Cadet
Yay support! Haha but yeah in all seriousness I think Diddy is really underrated. I can see arguements for others but to me he's the clear 4th best character.

As far as Samus being to high, that's entirely possible lol like I said I don't have much knowledge on E tier and below

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Tier List Train Hype!!!!
S::4sheik::4zss:
A::rosalina::4sonic::4ryu::4pikachu::4mario::4metaknight::4diddy::4villagerf::4ness:(:4corrinf::4bayonetta: Please be top tier D:)
B::4yoshi::4cloud::4falcon::4myfriends::4wario::4luigi::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4rob::4tlink:
C::4greninja::4pacman::4lucario::4olimar::4dk::4megaman::4wiifit::4feroy::4lucas::4robinf::4bowserjr:
D::4marth::4gaw::4kirby::4link::4mewtwo::4lucina::4bowser::4falco::4littlemac::4shulk:
E::4duckhunt::4palutena::4samus::4charizard::4dedede::4ganondorf:
F::4miisword::4miigun::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
G::4miibrawl:

It was really hard to order a lot of the characters, but the tier placements were relatively easy for me.

Also Because I am bored Waifu Tier List!

S::4corrinf::rosalina:
A::4bayonetta::4zss::4robinf::4zelda::4villagerf:
B::4peach::4palutena::4lucina::ivysaur:
C::4wiifit::4samus::4lucario::4miif::4wario::4jigglypuff::4marth:
D::4wendy::4sheik:

Last edited:
Top Bottom