• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
4: :4rob: :4pit:/:4darkpit::4greninja::4tlink::4lucario::4olimar::4lucas::4feroy:(:4marth:SHOULD BE HERE!):4megaman::4falco::4link::4shulk:

+1:4rob: - R.O.B. is incredible in this game. Great combo Dthrow, which is reliable, with good Dthrow follow up, that can kill. He has a great spacing game, with his Gyro being the crux of his moveset. Laser is also strong, and his Fair is fast and also good for spacing. He no longer has weak KO power, and can finish you off rather early. A generally good, all rounded character.

-1:4shulk: - I wish I had more votes. I struggled to choose between Pit up or this, but I feel this is outrageous. Now Shulk does have great range, and the ability to change your abilities on the fly is a great option, but Shulk is just lacking. I know the regular story, his frame data is bad and what not, and to be honest it is, but things like his Fair and Nair are pretty solid, but that's the thing, Shulk is really predictable, and you know exactly what he is going to be doing. He chooses Speed Art? He's gonna be rushing in with Fair for example. His smashes are extremely punishable, meaning it's tough for him to get a solid shot at attacking an opponent for the kill. I know things like Smash Art can remedy this, but in return it makes Shulk also easier to KO, so in a close game, it could end up hindering him more than doing good. He does have Monado Art Cancelling, which is something, but you must be aerial to initiate it, where he is vulnerable, and besides Fair, he doesn't have a great move for keeping people away. I don't want to be following the crowd by just moaning about his frame data, as he does have good points, but I do think he deserves to be in tier 5, no lower though.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
*Le Sigh* To you my good sir for you have good points but this still means that technically speaking arguably the best move in the game has more range than marth, a SWORD WIELDER, who should, based on the way he works have more range than shiek who just as you said leans forward. Frame data wise yes it is better but the fact that sheik extends herself in entirety out meaning she has more range than marth.

5.:4rob:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4feroy::4alph::4tlink::4lucas::4lucario::4greninja::4megaman::4link::4shulk::4falco:

-1 :4falco: - His frame data and... just everything about him being high low tier
Actually Falco has some of the best frame data in the game besides dair. Go check it out, you'll be surprised by how "fast" he is.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
My god, just cause you like playing as that garbage character doesn't mean you should be upvoting him. Grow up and don't get so butthurt.
Just because I think he should be in the top of 5 does not mean I am butthurt, lol. I agree with you guys that he should move down, as all the other characters in the tier are slightly better than him.

D

Deleted member

(:4pit::4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4rob::4lucas::4lucario: :4greninja: :4falco: :4megaman: :4feroy::4shulk::4link::4tlink:

4: :4rob: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4olimar: :4lucas::4megaman: :4lucario: :4tlink: :4greninja: :4falco: :4feroy: :4link: :4shulk:

:4rob: +1 for R.O.B. to go up a tier. He has so, so much going for him. Great projectiles and zoning game, good follow ups out of down throw, a kill throw (that was unfortunately nerfed but still does its job at high percents), and overall decent aerial game and survivability due to his weight. Not to mention his down air has a pretty massive hitbox and comes out relatively quickly, making it along with his back air and gyros deadly for edgeguarding. Biggest flaw for him is him having a slow, predictable recovery and his large frame allowing him to be combo food but he has so many great attributes that I can see him going far as the meta evolves.

:4megaman:+1 Another robot who needs some love. Mega Man is such a versatile character and has the potential for his metagame to be blown wide open as soon as more people pick him up and get by his relatively high learning curve. He has so many tools for pressuring opponents and walling them out, and he has good KO options aside from his smashes being somewhat laggy. He's damn good at edgeguarding, and also lives long like R.O.B. due to him being relatively heavy. He can get around the stage well both on ground and in the air, and he benefits from a (sorta) infinite recovery. People who have reflectors may give him trouble, but I believe he's capable of awesome things. We even got a Mega Man at top 8 in MLG, so that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
Actually Falco has some of the best frame data in the game besides dair. Go check it out, you'll be surprised by how "fast" he is.
Hmm didn'd know that, but he is still just a mediocre character.

Routa

Smash Lord
Have you played a good Roy? Do you know how to play Roy? I know a strong airgame, I main Sheik and Dedede... don't tell me what I know and what I don't. Sure, his airgame isn't one of the best, but it certainly beats the heck out of most of the roster. Roy has combos that carry him and his target across the battlefield, something most characters(outside of those who are combo-heavy) cannot say. I've played good Roys, and I'm a good Roy myself, I know his strengths and weaknesses. Look into him a bit more, and come talk to me again.
It seems like you know his strengths, but you seem to ignore his horrible disadvantage state. He is heavy and fast faller. You know what that means? Combo food. Also he has extremely linear recovery. His landing options are also kinda meh when compared to characters at tier 3. Yeah Ike also has hard time landing and is also combo food, but he gets about 22% from a grab combo that can also kill (grab -> U-throw -> Fair). Add to that his safeish on shield KO move that come out fast and are reliable. Shortly said Roy does not have good enough advantage state to make up his poor disadvantage state. Also placing him 2 tier above Marth who is in current meta game a bit better do to his safety... Yeah...
Note that I don't claim him to be bad, but he ain't that good as you make him up to be with your voting.

But maybe I should not talk bad about character that lacks the theory, results (not as important) and MU spread for being 1 tier higher.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i dont get all these votes... WHY are u voting falcon down yet say shulk is worse on ur list, it makes 0 sense?!?
ive seen this on a couple of posts and i fail to understand the logic behind it :/
I think Shulk is worse but he's already been voted down enough and neither of them are any good.

EDIT: Thought 2 could go down, never mind this.

Last edited by a moderator:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
I think Shulk is worse but he's already been voted down enough and neither of them are any good.
but u do realise only one character will be moving... so all voting falco does is making it less likely that shulk will go down and more likely that falco will go down, they wont both go down regardless of how many votes the second worst char gets... well either way, its ur vote so do what u want with it :)

Edit: just to add on, as i understand it voting has NO influence on rankings within the tier whatsoever

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Agreed 100% he's so mediocre that it hurts ;.; just dont want people to spread misinformation
I think he's slightly above average. He could actually be a good character if had KO power more than that of a feather.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
but u do realise only one character will be moving... so all voting falco does is making it less likely that shulk will go down and more likely that falco will go down, they wont both go down regardless of how many votes the second worst char gets... well either way, its ur vote so do what u want with it :)

Edit: just to add on, as i understand it voting has NO influence on rankings within the tier whatsoever
Trust me I've been saying the same thing multiple times now. Since the first round of this voting. I've basically been ignored so I've given up on trying to convince people that voting up characters that aren't at the top or voting down characters that aren't at the bottom of your tier is useless.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
:4olimar::4rob::4lucario::4greninja::4pit::4darkpit::4megaman::4tlink::4lucas::4feroy::4falco::4link::4shulk:

+:4olimar:
-:4shulk:

Olimar has the strongest results of these characters (ROB comes kind of close but not that close). Mostly talking about regionals--great rep in Florida and Socal in particular, tri state if you count Dabuz--but also some of Dabuz's nationals. It's also just my opinion that he's really good in this game and shuts down some characters badly.

Honestly, the top three in my order could all move up and the bottom three could all move down. ROB and Lucario are great, I just barely picked Olimar over them. Falco and Link are pretty mediocre, but Shulk is worse (not barely).

Last edited:

phire_

Smash Cadet
:4rob: :4lucario: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4feroy::4lucas: :4tlink: :4link: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4shulk: :4greninja: :4falco:

+ :4rob: (aside from his relatively large hurtbox, I think he's pretty good)
- :4falco: (laser doesn't autocancel + no chaingrabs + practically useless d-air=no bueno)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
:4rob:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4olimar::4lucario::4lucas::4tlink::4megaman::4feroy::4greninja::4falco::4link::4shulk:
+1 :4rob: Good kill setups, decent combo game, average kill throw, nice spacing potential. R.O.B. has what it takes.
+1 (:4pit::4darkpit:) Really good all around sort of moveset with reflectors, good recovery, combo potential, and strong Smashes.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Oh my god. I just realized how high Ike is. That's the problem with this tier list is that if everyone agrees that a character should go a little higher they go WAY higher...

Routa

Smash Lord
Oh my god. I just realized how high Ike is. That's the problem with this tier list is that if everyone agrees that a character should go a little higher they go WAY higher...
I think the biggest problem is that people don't look where their voted character may end up be (I mean look how low Marth went). For example Rob is good like really good, but I would not put him in the same tier as Falcon or Ryu or Pacman. Only character that has the data for going to next tier is Pit(s). Also the Bias is very strong within the voters.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I think the biggest problem is that people don't look where their voted character may end up be (I mean look how low Marth went). For example Rob is good like really good, but I would not put him in the same tier as Falcon or Ryu or Pacman. Only character that has the data for going to next tier is Pit(s). Also the Bias is very strong within the voters.
lol Dunno about the whole Pit thing. R.O.B. is so much better than them. But that's a different subject. I feel like somehow the voting system needs to be improved but I'm not sure how...

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
I believe at this point in the voting, a character cannot go up or down more than one level at a time.

Routa

Smash Lord
lol Dunno about the whole Pit thing. R.O.B. is so much better than them. But that's a different subject. I feel like somehow the voting system needs to be improved but I'm not sure how...
*looks at MU spread* Yeah...

Well everything about this list making system is flawed and could use a makeover, but I have to tip my hat to Browny Browny from trying. It is hard to make a good list from people's biased opinion.

At least this is better than Eventhubs and /r/smashbros tier lists.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Eh, it's a work in progress.

(:4pit::4darkpit:):4rob::4greninja::4olimar::4lucario::4tlink::4megaman::4lucas::4feroy::4falco::4link::4shulk:

+1 (:4pit::4darkpit:)
-1:4shulk:

As good as :4rob:'s moves and results are, I think (:4pit::4darkpit:) deserves to go up more. R.O.B struggles way too much with rushdown/zone-breaking, combos, getting edgeguarded, and landing IMO which are pretty prevalent in high level play.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I just think people should check out what others were voting. For example, I had one vote left, and was struggling to decide between Marth and Roy, but after seeing Roy already had a few votes, it seemed pointless me voting him up as lots of other people had the same opinion, so I went Marth.

Top Bottom