• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swapping mains... help?!

Marshie

Smash Apprentice
Im Switching My Main To Captain Falcon, why?

Game and Watch is one of the better characters in Brawl,hes getting pretty old though
Im getting pretty sick of GaW (he has no emotion, no dimensions....hes got... hes got no manliness) GaW has some impressive moves like turtle, and his up-B (I spam turtle like a madman) but I dont get any satisfaction out of winning playing him, Pikachu has been a long time secondary along with Oli and Ike, but playing The Falcon is always a blast (along with winning with bottom tier). (im not changing just because GAW is getting old)

Im wondering if this is a smart move seeing as im somewhat better as GaW and Falcon is last in the T-list.

I have read all the guides, checked all the indexs and what not, other than playing and practice...how the heck do I get better as him? Should I have a different mindset when playing, any new mindgames?... any mindgames at all?

Or should I just get better as a higher tier character? (I expect most to say no to this)

Thanks for any responses, sorry for being somewhat of a pest on these boards (posting topics that can be answered in the Q&A topic)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Any character can win. There is no purpose in picking a character based on their position in the tier list. You would have to be amongst the top, say, 500 players in the world to care about the tier list position because anyone else doesn't even have any input...

Who knows though, maybe you're one of the best, but at any rate, hf gl with the captain.

The tier rant was due to your excessive mentioning of the tiers, but as far as 99% of the brawl population is concerned, as Man of Popsicle said, tires don exits.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
If you want to win tourneys then go GaW.

If you want to have gloating rights, manliness, and epic moves, as well as metal nipples, then you go Falcon.

Its up to you.

Player-3

Smash Hero
If you want to win tourneys then go GaW.

If you want to have gloating rights, manliness, and epic moves, as well as metal nipples, then you go Falcon.

Its up to you.
metal nipples?

You dissapoint me..

but if you want to win play GaW, seriously.
i play for fun mainly but i win every now and then, and i dont rub it in peoples faces... their friends do it for me :D

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I guess its ok to use Cpt falcon if your 2nd and 3rd are meta knight and snake thats the only way he could be your main and you only use hiim NEVER. If that makes any sense but whatever.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
That makes no sense, lol xd
Let's use link as an example;

Somebody loves Link as a character. They've played all the Zelda titles and know everything there is to know about Link and the Triforce of Courage.
But when it comes to Smash, he hates Link's moves. This person can't stand how slow or heavy Link is and prefers to use a different character.

That is how it makes sense...

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
It really depends on what kind of smasher you are.

If you're the kind who's in it to win it pick the strong characters. Use tiers for a little reference but don't completely base your desicion on the tier list. It aint all that great. but yes I do believe in tiers. But my main secondary (if that made sense you can have a cookie) is Link. He's fun to use.

But if you're the kind who's in it for FUN. Then go ahead and pick Captain Falcon and show them your moves.

I wont lie I think Captain Falcon's tier placing is wrong. I think he deserves around middle of F tier.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
4 Fun, pick Falcon.
4 Win, pick Top Tier
4 Epic Justice (which is all that counts in SSBB's cruel world..), pick Falcon.

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
Or should I just get better as a higher tier character? (I expect most to say no to this)
Don't pick a main just because it's at the top of the tier list if you want to change mains test out everyone by versing a lv 9 cpu or a friend, who ever your good at then try to use them more often

Top Bottom