• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi, reminder that something is very wrong :)

Yeah, I feel that this meme will just help me get over the disbelief I lived yesterday like omg, I can;t believe how bill accidentally told the entire impression most fans would have on that game :)

However, I thought about it and there is 2 points I should address that i don;t feel I was clear in my original rant (which you can read here,, no salt included details inside :) http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...ews-salt-swamp.422414/page-1521#post-20956574 ).

First, remember that I employed expressions like "most likely" in that post because truth is, nothing of what I believe this game are fact. However, they are all deduction which I have so much convinction in them that i jsut predict with them. To give you an idea, msot of what I said in that I rant, I am 90% convinced it;s goign to go like this and probably worse.

I mean I want to clear things up: @Radical Beam brought this up a couple times, but it is true that i did a 180 on spm (not that I hated it, but I was very hesitant). however do you knwo why I eventually questioned these doubts???

The artstyle. I looked at the game and then I realised there mgiht be a contradiction with my doubts becuase the game looked paper mario. Then I was told that the platofrming part isn;t really true platforming like main mario games so this is how I came to play it.

What happened with SS is I KNEW I would at least not like it, maybe hate it (it turned out to be the later) because everything I heard about it were verifiable and jsut made no sense to me. It's like, I could indeed verify that the battles doesn't give you EXP and that you only use stickers......which does raise questions in my head and I don;t need to play the game to ask these questions. Or I could verify that indeed the plot is.....not there and everything most people complained about it. The ONLY reason i bougth it full price is to type a huge essay so that I could understand what was wrong IN DEPTH and share it so that it would lead people to think about stuff they might not have saw (also it feels good to do this). Not to mention that interview btw.

And by the way, that SS review, now that I think about it, might be one of the best post I did, I really think I got the most to the point and in depth about it, i even had to define terms because it is not easy to explain people why I coudln't find what the game really is. So it is very fair to say that the reasons SS wasn;t liked and was hated with imo legit reasons......they are VERY known to me (serious I keep mentioner them so much that it became a joke).

The point I am trying to make here is I had enough even if it;s a single minute to safely deduce things. What actually should have happened is me being so clueless that I wouldn;t be able to predict any concrete things. The idea is that if it was new or it was coming back to its root, that means that the previous reasons about SS and the past game.....irrelevant, they wouldn’t matter because it would be clear the game is going to a different path.

But this is not what happened. What happened is in one minute, all the game showed was it was branching the SS path that I know way too well. They even showed basic things, that should not be obvious unless the game was globally having that SS feel and sometime, worse. heck even my doubts on paper jam, this si nothing compared to now because the paper jam was first I was confused it wasn;t paper mario then realised it didn;t matter than realised that the game MAY be too SS ey and then realised, they had to anyway and it;s renewed so that it;s better (imo still).

This is more like it IS a paper mario game, it DOES matter becuase it;s an entry to the series and it IS too ss ey SO FAR.

So I get when people come with "too early to judge", the truth is I am not really blind here, I give educated deduction which is not the same as say the spm hate where it basically got down to it;s not like TTYD.....that is what I call judging. If you don;t think i know enough, fine, anyway i will wait like everyone, but I am telling it is very unlikely that I chnage my opinion as I learn from it.

The second thing (yeah I had to talk a lot abotut he first one) is abotu......how "something is very wrong"......ok guys, this meme is too good seriously!

....Anyway :) what I mean by this is that let me just ask the question that most people have on their back of their head.....

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????????

I mean you truly have to wonder why it came down to this. I was convinced it woudln;t happen myself so let me try to show what I think I noticed.....a contradiction even.

there might be for pm64, but for TTYD and spm, there was quotes or reasons to suggest that IS or nintendo enjoyed to make the games. there probably was for pm64 given how weird that dev cycle went, but my point is that I felt nintendo was happy to do this series until spm. Even one guy at treehouse said at the E3 show in 2015 while talking about Paper Jam that "Super Paper Mario is one of my favourite game I ever worked on, I loved writing that game". The truth is, i don;t think he lied, the writing in spm is praised with reaosns so i can see why a translator would jsut love to do that.

But I also never heard about SS being an enjoyment to do, in fact, I felt it wasn;t even mentioned much. it's as if SS was the point where the series would start to fade out from its original intent. we know that Myamoto is the main actor of this situation, but what about color splash? We know nothing, well it;s likely IS is developing the game, but what if the SS situation happened again? if IS originally didn;t wanted SS to be like this why would they want this game to be like that?

I hope I can eventually get these answers in an interview or anything, but right now, it seems that the paper amrio series has completely got thorwn away its fundations imo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Command was okay but was plagued with touch only controls, extremely repetitive gameplay, and painfully bad stories.
Like Fox marrying Krystal to have a blue furred child called Marcus.

Or that time when Krystal ran away to join Star Wolf.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I didn't know that Waddle Dees drive cars in Robobot.

:231:
I can't help but now see a Waddle Dee stuck in an office job.
Going to work 9 to 5; bringing in just enough to support himself and his girlfriend . All with their intentions of getting married (provided Kirby lets them live that long).

Someone could make a sitcom out of that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Going to work 9 to 5; bringing in just enough to support himself and his girlfriend . All with their intentions of getting married (provided Kirby lets them live that long).

....this beautiful idea is stuck in my head now.

One way or another, something like this needs to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream last night about something called "Cake Bread"

apparently it's a real thing

_Sheik

Smash Lord

Hold on now... Are these the cars from EarthBound that also appear as enemies in Smash Run?

Like Fox marrying Krystal to have a blue furred child called Marcus.
When you think about it, it's logical. So as you consider this statement, maybe that will stop seeming odd to your mind.

Star Fox Command's story/character interactions are the only parts of the game I love. The rest is rubbish; yet the story has me esteeming (estimating?) the game in a good way as a whole.

MainJPW

M.T.A

You pretty much described this exact scene.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You should all just like most things.

Like me. :awesome:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All this just goes to show there's no pleasing everybody.

Before all this, people were demanding a return to form for Star Fox since things like the On Foot gameplay and the command... commanding felt like needless additions to the series.

Now it's too similar to 64 and there's no variety or anything really new.

And I to this day can't get behind the idea of a 3D Kirby Game. I just don't think Kirby is as natural of a transition to 3D as other games are.

To be frank, liking most everything sounds like a pretty damn boring existance. :V

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waddle dee loses his job, his girlfriend leaves him and he becomes suicidal. But a miracle happens and he gains a new lease on life, along with getting back together with his girlfriend.

Then, kirby eats him

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's because Star Fox should be like the old Battlefront games to most people.

Air dogfights and on-foot TPS gameplay.

I just want a good game and I like good games, don't you guys like good games

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And I to this day can't get behind the idea of a 3D Kirby Game. I just don't think Kirby is as natural of a transition to 3D as other games are.
A few years ago or something I might have agreed but Rodea: The Sky Soldier proved to me that you can have a character that can fly at will, but still manage to integrate platforming challenges and combat, in 3D.

I imagine 3D Kirby just being a slower paced Rodea in terms of flight but with more focus on the action game aspects. I mean I feel like his copy abilities transfer over perfectly in a lot of cases. You just have to make them their hit boxes have a radius on the Z-Axis and they would work fine, maybe make his sword and stuff a little bigger too.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All this just goes to show there's no pleasing everybody.

Before all this, people were demanding a return to form for Star Fox since things like the On Foot gameplay and the command... commanding felt like needless additions to the series.

Now it's too similar to 64 and there's no variety or anything really new.

To be frank, liking most everything sounds like a pretty damn boring existance. :V
Not at all.

I end up finding enjoyment in most things and the stuff that's bad enough to actually make me dislike it is pretty bad.

Rarely bored.

:D

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Actually this is a bad argument. From what I could tell people loved 64 and Assault multiplayer. This seems to be a case of you not liking it and thus refusing to listen to people when they like it
64's just doesn't work. Assault did because it was a completely different genre, though that's something of a problem in of itself.

I played 64's multiplayer as as a kid with friends too but it didn't take long for us to realize how fundamentally unplayable it was.

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
At least some make sense.
Such as DK getting pissed at Knuckles for eating from his Banana Hoard. That's completely in character for DK.
You don't **** with DK's Banana Hoard.

And of course, Knuckles not being bright enough to realize that the giant gorilla giving you a death glare while you're eating a banana means it's a bad idea to keep eating.
Of course, Knuckles was hungry, so it probably couldn't be helped.
It makes sense. But at the same time, both kids made very stupid decisions.
Tai especially when he went with the "attack first, ask questions later" approach.

I get that it's kill or be killed when faced with an enemy in the Digital World, but all Red did was toss a Poke Ball at Agumon (which Tai didn't even see) and send out Charizard. Red hadn't even challenged Tai or give Charizard a command yet (which would have properly prompted a fight).
Instead of questioning Red on his "Digimon" (which would have ended the fight before it even began with Red's inevitable "....what's a Digimon?" response), he immediately has Agumon attack Charizard just because it's there.

That is where it's Out of Character for Tai. For all he knows, a new Digidestined has shown up. Realistically, Tai wouldn't attack them for no reason (which he didn't have one at that point).
And even if Agumon mentioned that Red threw something at him, Red would respond with something about thinking he was a wild Pokémon, leading to another case where the fight would end before it began due to questioning.
Tai Wasn't Going To Lose.
He Saw Everything That Red Threw Down.
Tai However Used Argue With His Friend Matt Who Had Gabumon. All The Time Through Seasons 1,2, and Tri His Character Grew Stronger,Able To Fuse With WarGreymon/WarGarurumon To Become Omnimon.
Tai Would Just Kick Red's Ass In A Punching Match.Just Two Men Fighting To See Who Has A Bigger Set Of Stones.Plus The Digimon And Pokémon Would Cheer For The Winner.
Unfortunately, I Know Tai Beat Bigger Guys Than Red.Tai Would Win This.Sending Red and His Pokémon Crying To A Corner.

Not sure if you're saying we should be like you. . .or if you're saying we should like you.

Complaining
is too much fun for me to quit.

Tai However Used Argue With His Friend Matt Who Had Gabumon. All The Time Through Seasons 1,2, and Tri His Character Grew Stronger,Able To Fuse With WarGreymon/WarGarurumon To Become Omnimon.
Tai Would Just Kick Red's *** In A Punching Match.Just Two Men Fighting To See Who Has A Bigger Set Of Stones.Plus The Digimon And Pokémon Would Cheer For The Winner.
Unfortunately, I Know Tai Beat Bigger Guys Than Red.Tai Would Win This.Sending Red and His Pokémon Crying To A Corner.
I know you're an uber Digimon fan and huge pokemon hater but digging up a 4 month old post on Death Battle was not necessary

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
All-in-all I haven't been angry at Nintendo, I've been disappointed.

They have ideas that are good on paper (No pun intended) but are executed so poorly...

It makes me wonder what's going on over there.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tai Would Just Kick Red's *** In A Punching Match.Just Two Men Fighting To See Who Has A Bigger Set Of Stones.Plus The Digimon And Pokémon Would Cheer For The Winner.
Let's be honest, Matt was a whiny ***** who tried too hard to protect his brother.

Then he gets way too emotional and angsty over TK growing up without him. He learned but man he was just so stupid and I can't use the teenager argument considering they all acted like adults in the digital world and Tai did the same with Kari but his was due to a past guilt and not just the usual child drama of a divorce

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know you're an uber Digimon fan and huge pokemon hater but digging up a 4 month old post on Death Battle was not necessary
Now that I think about it, didn't someone else do the same thing as well?

Were those topics just too good not to quote when most of us have forgotten them?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
64's just doesn't work. Assault did because it was a completely different genre, though that's something of a problem in of itself.

I played 64's multiplayer as as a kid with friends too but it didn't take long for us to realize how fundamentally unplayable it was.
Congratulations, you missed the point! The fact you're stating your opinion as a fact when 64's multiplayer was enjoyed by many proves my point

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, Nintendo still hasn't uploaded the Color Splash trailer to their YouTube channel.

I mean... they have to do it eventually, right? They can't just not advertise the game... right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Waaaait, people actually think Knuckles is so dumb he can't register basic emotions from other people?

That's just silly. Boom Knuckles is like that but regular Knuckles is a bit gullible and hot headed, not flat out dumb.

One of the reasons why the Knuckles VS DK DB was so bad, they grouped regular Knuckles and Boom Knuckles as the same character.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Waaaait, people actually think Knuckles is so dumb he can't register basic emotions from other people?

That's just silly. Boom Knuckles is like that but regular Knuckles is a bit gullible and hot headed, not flat out dumb.

One of the reasons why the Knuckles VS DK DB was so bad, they grouped regular Knuckles and Boom Knuckles as the same character.
And DK as well considering his cartoon isn't well described and isn't even relevant with the series at all

_Sheik

Smash Lord
On a scale of 1 to 10, listing and rating every bit of the Direct:

0 Disney Art Academy
0.3 Lost Reavers
1 Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge
1.3 Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (includes +0.5 for a somewhat cool title)
1.4 Bravely Second: End Layer
2 Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
4 Star Fox Zero: Fox amiibo unlocking a retro Arwing I don't care about
4 Animal Crossing amiibo Cards & Isabelle amiibo
4.5 Pocket Card Jockey
5 Rhythm Heaven Megamix
5.8 Metroid Prime: Federation Force with Mr. Tanabe
6 My Nintendo
6 Pokkén Tournament
6 Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
6 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
6 Fire Emblem Revelations + Fire Emblem Fates DLC
7.4 Super Mario Maker Updates
7.5 Splatoon Updates
7.8 Hyrule Warriors Legends: Medli, Toon Ganondorf skin, Season pass and DLC on the way
8.2 Paper Mario Color Splash
8.9 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (would've been higher if the game didn't come out tomorrow)
9.7 New Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console - SNES Games
9.8 Kirby: Planet Robobot
10 Star Fox Guard
10 Star Fox Zero: Fortuna, Katt, (Star) Wolf, Alternate Paths, report justified
10 Bill Trinen
Don't care/10 Monster Hunter Generations

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem with death battle is it forces the characters to get in a situation where they fight, even if it's out of character

But what they're saying is that if the situation happened where they were forced to fight, tai would win

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Actually, I think we may have a complex battle system again.

Look at the bars.

You're going to have to manage how to use them and I assume the different bars mean different things.

This mechanic may save the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The funniest thing about this is how Golen's complaint was how Tai acted out of character, not that he won. Golen was happy about that iirc
brb making a strawpoll out of curiousity

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, Nintendo still hasn't uploaded the Color Splash trailer to their YouTube channel.

I mean... they have to do it eventually, right? They can't just not advertise the game... right?
At this point they're either damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I could see it know:

@Chandelure (Aka bandanna dee) is on as an anchor in news report.

BD: "We are live in Dedede city were our perfect life style of working hard under dedede's reign, is being threatened!
That pink puffball of mass destruction is loose in our city!

And worse of alll, he's got a massive mech!!!! Residents are advised to stay inside, lock their doors, and pray to lord dedede.

More at 11!

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
All-in-all I haven't been angry at Nintendo, I've been disappointed.

They have ideas that are good on paper (No pun intended) but are executed so poorly...

It makes me wonder what's going on over there.
Is Nintendo Planing Any New Games For Digimon Fans.I Do Love The Characters,Digi-Battles,Digi-Farm And The Stories Are Amazing???

MainJPW

M.T.A

Exactly, what I hated the most is when they used non canon sources for both sides especially just to downplay the intelligence of both characters, especially for Knuckles. The part where they flat out call him illiterate is completely false, he's canonically a cryptologist, that's a profession that requires to read multiple languages; he's not a world renowned treasure hunter for nothing. You're right, the Knuckles in the video was Boom Knux in Canon Knuckles's body pretty much. (not even sure about that since they got his height wrong too, he's 3'7" not 4'0")

The whole video just seemed to be done for meme purposes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Look at the bars.

You're going to have to manage how to use them and I assume the different bars mean different things.

It seems like that could also be the game's equivalent to sticker managing though.

Which would not be a good thing. I won't make big judgements about the intricacies of meters and such yet though, just speculating/playing devil's advocate.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Look at the bars.

Well gee.
It's almost like calling the death of Nintendo over a few minutes of footage for a game we know jack about is a bad thing.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Look at the bars.

This might actually make me buy the game. Battle system is pretty much guaranteed to be an improvement over Sticker Star.

Completely reserving judgement until we know more about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom