• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
OH MY ARCEUS WHAT IS THAT ABOMINATION?!
Oh, just an official (but non-canon) Pokémon.

It appeared in the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga. It's Bug type and considered weak and useless. No other info exists (including its name) since it broke free of Red's Poké Ball in the exact same chapter it debuted in and escaped, never to be seen again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh, just an official (but non-canon) Pokémon.

It appeared in the Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga. It's Bug type and considered weak and useless. No other info exists (including its name) since it broke free of Red's Poké Ball in the exact same chapter it debuted in and escaped, never to be seen again.
Reminds me of this guy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So 4chan is still doing great with sun and moon. This is my favorite pic:

Ditto Drives the car.
Heh, I would actually like to see them answer the age old question on if Ditto can transform into a human. I mean, obviously some like Latias and Zoroa/Zoroark can(even if it's technically illusions at work), but the closest Ditto has gotten to was helping disguise their trainer's face to look like another in the manga.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And the game isn't even out and there are plans to make a hard mode for it:

I don't know what to say to this...
Gotta love the Internet. We have nothing but a few pictures and yet people are already hard at work making the equivalent of nothing "harder".

At least he's waiting until the games come out (implying he had a choice).

Burruni

Smash Hero

And two interesting leaks:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25335663/okay-now-youve-all-had-time-to-dig-through-the
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25338696/leak

The second one makes more sense but we shall see.

I don't understand why the woodpecker would be electric and flying....
"The second one makes more sense"
">there are no new starters, you start off an Eevee, there is also a new eeveelution"
Uhm.
I trust more in HMs becoming Key Items than this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"The second one makes more sense"
">there are no new starters, you start off an Eevee, there is also a new eeveelution"
Uhm.
I trust more in HMs becoming Key Items than this.
I mean I could see it, if it ties back to Kalos. They both have plus and minuses. Eevee being another mascot and slyveon the fairy mascot could make sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean I could see it, if it ties back to Kalos. They both have plus and minuses. Eevee being another mascot and slyveon the fairy mascot could make sense.
I doubt it. Why move away from a formula that's been in place for years for just Eevee? I like the critter as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's worth removing an established formula for it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

And two interesting leaks:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25335663/okay-now-youve-all-had-time-to-dig-through-the
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25338696/leak

The second one makes more sense but we shall see.

I don't understand why the woodpecker would be electric and flying....
Heh, probably shouldn't have expected anything less from the internet.... ^^;

That does remind me that I should probably try out Pokemon Neo Y sometime, it looks pretty interesting from what I've seen.....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I doubt it. Why move away from a formula that's been in place for years for just Eevee? I like the critter as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's worth removing an established formula for it.
True, I could definitely see another eevlution though.

Heh, probably shouldn't have expected anything less from the internet.... ^^;

That does remind me that I should probably try out Pokemon Neo Y sometime, it looks pretty interesting from what I've seen.....
Neo Y is good but so hard! You never see the movesets coming. This level 10 riolu had charge beam....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Like...
Here's the thing.
This is Gen 7. They are pushing it as a new adventure. If it returns to Kalos as part of the story or just in post game, whatever. It can be its own adventure. But one of the biggest and most iconic parts to Pokemon as a whole and some of the biggest mascots for each generation IS the starters.
The ONLY time we haven't had a choice in starters in Yellow, which took VERY much after the show and in fact gave you Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle by the time you left Vermillion city.
It doesn't make sense to go for a generation and break from the crux of it all. That moment when you choose your starter is too big for any generation to not be a thing.

Edit:
Eevee as a starter would be fun as hell, but we'd need all types getting eeveelutions for that, and Flareon to no longer only have 3 good moves
AT LEAST IT LEARNS FLARE BLITZ LEGALLY NOW.

Last edited:
Eevee as a starter already happened once

Personally I want them to do it in a main game. It just seems like a simple concept that gives a player quite a few options right out of the gate. Plenty of types to choose from :/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
True, I could definitely see another eevlution though.

Neo Y is good but so hard! You never see the movesets coming. This level 10 riolu had charge beam....
Yeah, I've heard that the Gym's are pretty difficult as well. Especially the further you get into the game. I can imagine doing a nuzlocke with that would be pretty challenging too....

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I just hope it's being developed with a mindset of doing something for fun rather than a mindset of doing things "better" than the original. Cause really, working upon somebody else's work thinking that what you're doing or did is "better" is nothing but being very selfish.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a pretty good mock up of the wood pecker from the front:

If it looks like this, I like it! It's cute!
I like it...the crest seems a little long but it seems fairly accurate to the model otherwise...

I'm eager to see it evolved forms...this has the potential to be one of the best designed bird pokemon...I'm picturing something a bit more slender with some really nice black and white patterning on its breast and wings..

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I'm gonna ditch whatever starter I get for something else. I want to be open to these new Pokemon and being able to not rely on it means I can explore the choices a bit more.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All the threads are full of sad nerds now.

I swear I read a post like "I'm so ugly", "I'm so fat", "I'm deppresed", "I have no friends" or "I hate my life", everyday.

It's uncomfortable and... pathetic.

Random people in a videogame forum will not solve your problems, you are the one who needs to make the change.

So, please, do your best to make that change and be more optimistic, instead of complaining all the time.

Thanks.
I mean I have no context of what you are talking about here, but venting is actually a thing that can help people feel better. You may find it pathetic but changing your life for the better and being optimistic is not so easy for everyone, and telling them to internalize it and/or fake happiness to make everyone else feel less annoyed/uncomfortable is a great way to make the problem worse.

Here's a pretty good mock up of the wood pecker from the front:

If it looks like this, I like it! It's cute!
It looks a little smaller to me here than I was getting from my view of the wireframe, but I like this! I mean, I am probably going to love it no matter what because I love birds, but if it's something like this I'd be happy.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Unfezant, that thing's got a real ugly mug and isn't even useful. With the exception of Noctowl, the birds all have rather cool designs and can wreck those unprepared
Unfezant is just bad in pretty much every way.
Unfeazent is unpleasent

One of the only Gen 5 pokemon I'm not gung-ho about
Yeah.
I tried to use it in my run of White, blind.
Jesus that thing was just... so... useless.
Special flying types really rely on what their second typing is (or Serene Grace).
And normal did not suit it well.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm calling it now, by the way.

The bad guys of Sun want the day to never end.

The bad guys of Moon want the night to last forever.

And one of two legendary Pokemon have the power to make it happen.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Y'know.
I just gotta ask people now.

Because while Staraptor is the best...

http://strawpoll.me/6927794
I'm torn honestly, because Unfezant has never properly clicked with me but Noctowl is also the only one of them that I've never actually used. Ultimately I'll go with Noctowl because I love Pidove and appreciate Tranquill, it's only Unfezant in the line that I'm not wild about, whereas neither Hoothoot or Noctowl has ever drawn me in.

I'm calling it now, by the way.

The bad guys of Sun want the day to never end.

The bad guys of Moon want the night to last forever.

And one of two legendary Pokemon have the power to make it happen.
One of my friends mentioned Magma/Aqua last night and I had this exact same thought. I am hoping they don't go this route though.

Admittedly I'd still probably like it better than Team Flare, though.

Last edited:

Soul.

That woodpecker Pokémon illustration looks amazing lol. I hope it looks just like that.

Gonna be hard to beat Talonflame though. Unless it also gets Gale Wings or something.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Make Pikachu, Eevee and Riolu as the starters.

And you can catch every starter in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom