• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've been realizing that most Conquest chapters are almost impossible without Guard Stance
Stat boosts, passively negating Attack Stance and negating any attack after filling up the meter are all things that you'll need to make sure your units can survive the endless hordes of enemy units
Anyone have anything they want to add to the list?
I hope they remo--
>Remove genderlocking on clothing
Actually, nevermind
I doubt it will happen though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see. . .

>Ability to pick skin tone, eye color, and hair color independently of each other at game start
>More skin, eye, and hair colors to choose from in general
>Remove genderlocking on clothing (I just wanted to wear a beanie darnit)
>Clothing based upon more Pokémon than just Slurpuff.
>Some sort of custom clothing creator

Anyone have anything they want to add to the list?
* Bring back the cosplay outfits from Battle Revolution.
* Differing body types (within the reason of anime 10 year olds)
* Customizable voice for vocal grunts

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ok here are my thoughts on Sun and Moon:

To start, I was slightly disappointed but I feel like we could see one tomorrow or at least learn a little more. Anyway it was still really nice, and the concept art showcased a lot of stuff I'd like to address:

So let's begin!

The pokemon centers have a pretty different design this time around! It seems like there is only 1 floor based on the inside pic, that is next to this. The design reminds me of the Contest Domes from emerald. Pokemarts are also back in them.

One thing I want to point out is the window and real world picture. These seem to provide evidence for inspiration, but the Japanese may need to be translated. Also the one thing not colored in, is that a pc? I was thinking pokedex originally but, I don't know... Could be either.

Next we have:

This image really interests me! There are some tings worth noting here. First is this man with what I presume is his daughter, their wobbbuffet, machamp, and furfrou. The images showcase that there seems to be a lot more depth going into this. The car is some jeep esque vehicle, and could maybe be related to your main character. Perhaps they work as a transport system?

This game gives us actual vehicles! X and Y's were nothing. Just generic cars that were only in Luminous. My thoughts are that this will be the biggest region yet. Due to it's size, people use cars to get around much faster. That's why they all have depth to them.

It's also worth noting that there are fire trucks and ambulances now. Could we see these in action? What if there is a real time environment. The cars could move along on the streets and rush to emergencies. Maybe fires will actually break out and we see the Fire Department head out to stop it? Or maybe wild pokemon will injury people and the ambulance rushes to save them? One idea I saw, is that maybe it's a mobile pokemon center for trainers?

What if as a side quest we could team up with the fire Department, or Ambulance corps, or police force? Using pokemon you'd expect them to use, there could be a mini game involving you saving the day with them? That be pretty awesome imo.

And lastly, next to the Ambulance, is a building( maybe rocks) our on the ocean with a wingull flying by.

Now this could be completely wrong, but what if that's the:

Probably not, but the color scheme reminds me of it, and the region seems to be tropical.

Crazy speculation out of the way, and onto:

Woody Wood Pecker! Really not much to say here. The design looks interesting and resemblance of fletching. This does kill the gen 6.5 list of pokemon though. ( R.I.P. the dream) due to the fact that he is not on it. I expect this to be like hoot hoot and evolve once. Which will be a nice change of pace. But that would mean it's probably not competitively viable, but oh well, he still looks nice. I wonder if any of the text gives away info on it?

Now I'm almost done here( if your even reading...) Next Pic:

Alright now this has some good things in it. Let's start with the big picture. This is without a doubt, a hotel.
In fact calling it now:

It's Hotel Horsea. I'm also calling that's its the first gym as well, and that the game will go back to black and white's style of making leaders have other jobs. As further evidence that this is a hotel( besides the obvious design) is that the furiside npc has a suitcase. Also above the protagonist in red( no way this isn't the male one), are 3 silhouettes. To the left of the horse are two water types that I can't make out. I think they are both new. Perhaps one is the starter.

Let's focus on the protagonist. He looks very similar to Red. I think this is a callback and that we will see a lot more like these.

Now let's move one to the other shots here.

Let's look at the one with the yellow car. I believe this is an inn, and owned by the guy with Machamp, as that looks like his car, and it appears he is to the right of it. Could be wrong though. But this is definitely a small inn. Perhaps like Kalos, towns will have small inns, and then they could have the first city have the World Famous Hotel Horsea. Maybe that's where the backwards waterfall is?

Also the inn pictures suggests that the routes and towns are massive, so I'm getting excited for this! Now the picture next to this is very interesting....

the main character is in a room that looks like a hotel room. It could be a house but who knows. There are two intriguing things here:

1) This is a different trainer then the guy in Red, but they appear to be male. Does this confirm customization is back and much more expansive?

2) They are bent down in front of what looks like a Pokemon. It's read and could be a beaver or bear it seems. Thoughts?

Now the last two pictures depict a house( maybe your starting one?) and several different rooms. Don't know what to make of those rooms though....

Whew! That was quite alot, but I think it give Gamexplain a run for their money
:p

Also @Solfiner and Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6

These could answer both your questions, and I hope helps offer insight!
:)

Thoughts?
If you think you see parts of new Pokémon, then who CARES if they're obscured!

We need to zoom-enhance this stuff ASAP. The more info and possible new Pokémon we can squeeze out of this, the better!

. . .Sorry, just kind of excited. I know there's some nuggets of awesome hidden just below the surface here, and I'm getting pretty impatient in my excitement. The internet can ferret out things I could hardly dream of finding myself, so if there are some new Pokémon in the screenshots I think there should be a focused effort on deciphering what they look like and are.

*EDIT* I just remembered we discovered Furfrou via digging up tiny details in screenshots like this (even if Furfrou was from an anime screenshot). It'll make for some hilariously inaccurate assumptions for a while, but I think we can do this!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok here are my thoughts on Sun and Moon:

To start, I was slightly disappointed but I feel like we could see one tomorrow or at least learn a little more. Anyway it was still really nice, and the concept art showcased a lot of stuff I'd like to address:

So let's begin!

The pokemon centers have a pretty different design this time around! It seems like there is only 1 floor based on the inside pic, that is next to this. The design reminds me of the Contest Domes from emerald. Pokemarts are also back in them.

One thing I want to point out is the window and real world picture. These seem to provide evidence for inspiration, but the Japanese may need to be translated. Also the one thing not colored in, is that a pc? I was thinking pokedex originally but, I don't know... Could be either.

Next we have:

This image really interests me! There are some tings worth noting here. First is this man with what I presume is his daughter, their wobbbuffet, machamp, and furfrou. The images showcase that there seems to be a lot more depth going into this. The car is some jeep esque vehicle, and could maybe be related to your main character. Perhaps they work as a transport system?

This game gives us actual vehicles! X and Y's were nothing. Just generic cars that were only in Luminous. My thoughts are that this will be the biggest region yet. Due to it's size, people use cars to get around much faster. That's why they all have depth to them.

It's also worth noting that there are fire trucks and ambulances now. Could we see these in action? What if there is a real time environment. The cars could move along on the streets and rush to emergencies. Maybe fires will actually break out and we see the Fire Department head out to stop it? Or maybe wild pokemon will injury people and the ambulance rushes to save them? One idea I saw, is that maybe it's a mobile pokemon center for trainers?

What if as a side quest we could team up with the fire Department, or Ambulance corps, or police force? Using pokemon you'd expect them to use, there could be a mini game involving you saving the day with them? That be pretty awesome imo.

And lastly, next to the Ambulance, is a building( maybe rocks) our on the ocean with a wingull flying by.

Now this could be completely wrong, but what if that's the:

Probably not, but the color scheme reminds me of it, and the region seems to be tropical.

Crazy speculation out of the way, and onto:

Woody Wood Pecker! Really not much to say here. The design looks interesting and resemblance of fletching. This does kill the gen 6.5 list of pokemon though. ( R.I.P. the dream) due to the fact that he is not on it. I expect this to be like hoot hoot and evolve once. Which will be a nice change of pace. But that would mean it's probably not competitively viable, but oh well, he still looks nice. I wonder if any of the text gives away info on it?

Now I'm almost done here( if your even reading...) Next Pic:

Alright now this has some good things in it. Let's start with the big picture. This is without a doubt, a hotel.
In fact calling it now:

It's Hotel Horsea. I'm also calling that's its the first gym as well, and that the game will go back to black and white's style of making leaders have other jobs. As further evidence that this is a hotel( besides the obvious design) is that the furiside npc has a suitcase. Also above the protagonist in red( no way this isn't the male one), are 3 silhouettes. To the left of the horse are two water types that I can't make out. I think they are both new. Perhaps one is the starter.

Let's focus on the protagonist. He looks very similar to Red. I think this is a callback and that we will see a lot more like these.

Now let's move one to the other shots here.

Let's look at the one with the yellow car. I believe this is an inn, and owned by the guy with Machamp, as that looks like his car, and it appears he is to the right of it. Could be wrong though. But this is definitely a small inn. Perhaps like Kalos, towns will have small inns, and then they could have the first city have the World Famous Hotel Horsea. Maybe that's where the backwards waterfall is?

Also the inn pictures suggests that the routes and towns are massive, so I'm getting excited for this! Now the picture next to this is very interesting....

the main character is in a room that looks like a hotel room. It could be a house but who knows. There are two intriguing things here:

1) This is a different trainer then the guy in Red, but they appear to be male. Does this confirm customization is back and much more expansive?

2) They are bent down in front of what looks like a Pokemon. It's read and could be a beaver or bear it seems. Thoughts?

Now the last two pictures depict a house( maybe your starting one?) and several different rooms. Don't know what to make of those rooms though....

Whew! That was quite alot,

Also @Solfiner and Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6

These could answer both your questions, and I hope helps offer insight!
:)

Thoughts?
OMG. cars and trucks

Pokemon isn't turning into Fossil Fighters Frontier is it?

That was the worst one in the series

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wait, why do you guys think it's a woodpecker? It looks like a baby toucan to me...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, why do you guys think it's a woodpecker? It looks like a baby toucan to me...
Red, black, and white color scheme along with the head shape. Definitely a woodpecker.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you think you see parts of new Pokémon, then who CARES if they're obscured!

We need to zoom-enhance this stuff ASAP. The more info and possible new Pokémon we can squeeze out of this, the better!

. . .Sorry, just kind of excited. I know there's some nuggets of awesome hidden just below the surface here, and I'm getting pretty impatient in my excitement. The internet can ferret out things I could hardly dream of finding myself, so if there are some new Pokémon in the screenshots I think there should be a focused effort on deciphering what they look like and are.

*EDIT* I just remembered we discovered Furfrou via digging up tiny details in screenshots like this (even if Furfrou was from an anime screenshot). It'll make for some hilariously inaccurate assumptions for a while, but I think we can do this!
If someone has a good way of doing it, then go ahead! It could be a child, but the room, and look of them is weird. All I see is a lot of red. It almost looked like the item boxes in XD, but I doubt that's the case.
OMG. cars and trucks

to be fair, they would probably do it right.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
OMG. cars and trucks

The cheese trailer song is still stuck in my head and you woke it from it's slumber! You've doomed us all!

#Adventure's right around the bend~

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Red, black, and white color scheme along with the head shape. Definitely a woodpecker.
Toucan's have giant beaks

I don't think that's a woodpecker beak. Looks like a baby toucan who's beak hasn't had a chance to really grow yet. Either way, toucans and woodpeckers are part of the Picidae family, so we're all sort of right, regardless of the results...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Looking at the pictures, I'm wondering if this new region could be based in California. Possibly it's just me, but I get a lot of American vibes (such as with the cars) and especially with this picture:

Given the ritzy design and the "American resort" look to it, it feels like someone one would see in Hollywood or Beverly Hills.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm assuming the earliest we'll learn more about Sun & Moon is the March issue of Coro Coro Magazine.

While E3 will have a BIG reveal.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Boo Camp and Beach Brawl have been released for Fates
Boo Camp is the "grind exp" map
Beach Brawl is the one with special CGs of the siblings in swimsuits
I wonder if it has any special conversations like Awakening's did, might consider buying it

I love these things
Looking at the pictures, I'm wondering if this new region could be based in California. Possibly it's just me, but I get a lot of American vibes (such as with the cars) and especially with this picture:

Given the ritzy design and the "American resort" look to it, it feels like someone one would see in Hollywood or Beverly Hills.
One of the other images kind of look slike a coffee shop

I'm sure plenty of us have heard of the stereotypical "White girl from California addicted to Starbucks"

California doesn't seem TOO farfetched, but not much to go on

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
All the threads are full of sad nerds now.

I swear I read a post like "I'm so ugly", "I'm so fat", "I'm deppresed", "I have no friends" or "I hate my life", everyday.

It's uncomfortable and... pathetic.

Random people in a videogame forum will not solve your problems, you are the one who needs to make the change.

So, please, do your best to make that change and be more optimistic, instead of complaining all the time.

Thanks.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
.......well, this jsut became weird.

Idk if it was talked before, but due to the codename of the pokemon game being "niji" which matches with this thing:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196317104&postcount=1

it;s becoming now very confusing to me and it does have to do with Paper Mario. the one info about WiiU in this leak that I found very interesting is this one:

Wii U $34.5 million marketing budget for 2016 total – Zelda Wii U has $10 million with the possibility of the funding being switched to Zelda NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.

This is a very big budget for a console that is apparently going to have its sucessor (or not idk it;s not clear) announced this summer.

What it had to do with Paper Mario is right now, I am torn between two things. The game is WiiU end of life claimed by James from IS and emily rogers on tweeter. The other possibility is the game was before WiiU, but got switched to NX which imply that emily was wrong.

Before, I gave the emily claim a month because she clearly said it was in localisation (this is super late in dev like the master build is done at this point) which would mean the release is close. A month passed now so I have serious doubts on this and I am starting to think that it would be switched to NX.

However, this leak just now basically says that with this much budget, it's very possible and maybe safe to assume we could still get big releases on WiiU this year......

WHICH MAKES ME SO CONFUSED ON MY EXPECTATIONS NOW!

because this leak pretty much means that even if emily sources were wrong, it could still happen because they have budget for big releases......urgh.

Oh and for those believing why they woudl switch if it woudl have been planned otherwise before, hum, spm, that game was originally on GC and got moved to the Wii. As for end of life......TTYD was so end of life.

So yeah, it;s literally a 50/50 now :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Sereibii retweeted this:

I also think it will tie back to Kalos as the hotel makes me think of the Kalos building art style.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sereibii retweeted this:

I also think it will tie back to Kalos as the hotel makes me think of the Kalos building art style.
Still, one guy in the comments have said that there are plenty of hotels like this across. And yeah I can see that.

I dunno. I think as of right now it's best to wait until further info is given.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So....who was it that posted on Pixiv "Pokemon Tomato" and "Pokemon Potato"? Cause seeing the amount of those images here, I know one of you had something to do with it.

Still.....going to be a long year again, isn't it? Even after getting something I wanted and still playing, anticipation and desire together are still pricks.

Soul.

Seems as though those images are showing the games being in development.

Hopefully they make IVs less frustrating. Breeding is easier in Gen VI but still.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, Starbucks is okay. Wouldn't say it's anything too spectacular though. I'll at least say this: It's better than Dunkin' Donuts.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I don't think that's a woodpecker beak. Looks like a baby toucan who's beak hasn't had a chance to really grow yet. Either way, toucans and woodpeckers are part of the Picidae family, so we're all sort of right, regardless of the results...
Baby Toucans still have prportionally large bills...this Pokemon's bill is rather slender and pointy in comparison...also the red crest coupled with its back and white body gives it a very strong resemblance to the Pileated and Ivory-billed Woodpeckers...

I feel like if we did get a Toucan it would have A LOT more colour than this...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seems as though those images are showing the games being in development.

Hopefully they make IVs less frustrating. Breeding is easier in Gen VI but still.
Don't Omega and Alpha have a feature that allows you to actually catch wild Pokemon with high IVs, Hidden abilities and even egg Moves?
Also, yeah there's also the IV Judge for recent games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The beak isn't hoked enough to be a toucan. However, it matches the pileated woodpecker to a tee. Not to mention, toucans don't have head crests.

Soul.

Isn't the Judge from Kiloude super easy for IVs?
Don't Omega and Alpha have a feature that allows you to actually catch wild Pokemon with high IVs, Hidden abilities and even egg Moves?
Also, yeah there's also the IV Judge for recent games.
Yes. Though that's not really the frustrating part. It's more so having to breed for Hidden Power or Trick Room or whatever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What I am curious about is Amiibo and the New 3DS. Because I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a few perks with having them.

Maybe gain a special Pokemon by using their Amiibo (with their corresponding Smash moves)?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So 4chan is still doing great with sun and moon. This is my favorite pic:

Ditto Drives the car.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yes. Though that's not really the frustrating part. It's more so having to breed for Hidden Power or Trick Room or whatever.
Yeah, I just remembered the Hidden Power thing. I flippin' hate that bit. I would pay good money for an item that at the very least changes the type.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's a pretty good mock up of the wood pecker from the front:

If it looks like this, I like it! It's cute!

Soul.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen the Japanese logo for Sun and Moon, but if it wasn't posted already then here it is.

edit: Higher quality images

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
All the threads are full of sad nerds now.

I swear I read a post like "I'm so ugly", "I'm so fat", "I'm deppresed", "I have no friends" or "I hate my life", everyday.

It's uncomfortable and... pathetic.

Random people in a videogame forum will not solve your problems, you are the one who needs to make the change.

So, please, do your best to make that change and be more optimistic, instead of complaining all the time.

Thanks.
Telling people this isn't going to help the situation.

It's the emo equivalent of feeding a troll.

All anyone who's feeling bad is going to get out of this is that you called them uncomfortable, pathetic nerds and are telling them they don't deserve help.

And they're just going to beat themselves over the head with that and continue complaining more than ever.

If you want to tell all the emos to stop, you have to be much more delicate. Otherwise it's just going to backfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom