• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All right.
We need to brainstorm cool ideas for N-Stars.
I'm hoping for a kingdom hearts style game taking place in various nintendo settings, like a team building rpg.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno. I'm kind of miffed that the NX is coming so soon.

Better be late 2016.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I dunno. I'm kind of miffed that the NX is coming so soon.

Better be late 2016.
It will. No console ever launched in the Summer or early Fall since the Sega Saturn and that was a disaster in a half.

I just hope for some new IPs and a reasonable price.

$250 is a perfect price point. You can catch up with PS4 and Xbox One in that regard.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Don't know about you, but I'm fully on board on the hype train for a new Pokemon game. I've enjoyed my "year off" from a new game. I've been waiting since the last direct we had. I'm positive that Sun and Moon is the newest gen of Pokemon. To be honest I'm kind of glad that they didn't do a third version of X and Y, I personally was on the train of having a new generation before them doing what could be a Pokemon Z.

D

Deleted member

If Chapter 20 wasn't bull**** enough already, I had to miss with a ****ING 95% HIT RATE
**** YOU TOO GAME

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking over the concept art. I wonder if the gimmick of the game in general is addressing the near complete absence of automotive transportation in the games.

I just hope it doesn't end up like the last big game of the 90's that added cars to the game

Looking over the concept art. I wonder if the gimmick of the game in general is addressing the near complete absence of automotive transportation in the games.

I just hope it doesn't end up like the last big game of the 90's that added cars to the game

I loved Nuts and Bolts so i'll Be fine either way :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what type of new Pokemon are you expecting?

Im still expecting a Galactus wannabe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It will. No console ever launched in the Summer or early Fall since the Sega Saturn and that was a disaster in a half.
To be fair, the Sega Saturn failed due to poor marketing and a lack of a line-up here. That's what killed it; not when it came out.

D

Deleted member

*Felicia blocks attack*
"Just in time"
*Keaton crits*
"Just in time for dinner!"
Aww, what a cute couple, they even finish each other's sentences!

Also
*Silas about to get doubled*
*not enough damage to kill enemy units*
*no crit chance*
*Luna activates*
At least the RNG turned into my favor now

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, the Sega Saturn failed due to poor marketing and a lack of a line-up here. That's what killed it; not when it came out.
And it was supported until the Dreamcast's death in Japan because it had a stellar 2D line-up but the 'murican bosses didn't translate them because they payed for three dimensions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So are we considering that supposed 6.5 dex listing fake? I didn't see any conventional birds on it so the wireframe alone debunks it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want more and better customization in Sun and Moon, X/Y left a lot to be desired even though it was a step in the right direction.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what type of new Pokemon are you expecting?

Im still expecting a Galactus wannabe.
If we're going to get some Pokemon based around the Sun and Moon, than we need at least one Vampire-related Pokemon and 2 Pokemon based around Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi(or any other Sun and Moon deities).....actually, scratch that. We need a Pokemon based on Ra.
Also, I still want my Hockey-mon.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I want more and better customization in Sun and Moon, X/Y left a lot to be desired even though it was a step in the right direction.
I agree with this. I'm honestly happy with most of the content as is. Just more customization options, new region, and good story.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah but that launch was the catalyst. Developers didn't even know it was coming out and they didn't know about the lineup they had planned for it and most of the games came out rushed and didn't sell as well

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... BBC seems to be claiming that the NX is coming out in June of this year.
(http://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/2...-nintendo-nx-is-expected-for-release-in-june/)

Now I do think this is full of boloney and is mostly a mistake on their part, but I do find the concept of a June launch interesting considering Nintendo would have to show the new console way before E3.

Other than that, this is just another rumor we can throw into the trash shoot for right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok here are my thoughts on Sun and Moon:

To start, I was slightly disappointed but I feel like we could see one tomorrow or at least learn a little more. Anyway it was still really nice, and the concept art showcased a lot of stuff I'd like to address:

So let's begin!

The pokemon centers have a pretty different design this time around! It seems like there is only 1 floor based on the inside pic, that is next to this. The design reminds me of the Contest Domes from emerald. Pokemarts are also back in them.

One thing I want to point out is the window and real world picture. These seem to provide evidence for inspiration, but the Japanese may need to be translated. Also the one thing not colored in, is that a pc? I was thinking pokedex originally but, I don't know... Could be either.

Next we have:

This image really interests me! There are some tings worth noting here. First is this man with what I presume is his daughter, their wobbbuffet, machamp, and furfrou. The images showcase that there seems to be a lot more depth going into this. The car is some jeep esque vehicle, and could maybe be related to your main character. Perhaps they work as a transport system?

This game gives us actual vehicles! X and Y's were nothing. Just generic cars that were only in Luminous. My thoughts are that this will be the biggest region yet. Due to it's size, people use cars to get around much faster. That's why they all have depth to them.

It's also worth noting that there are fire trucks and ambulances now. Could we see these in action? What if there is a real time environment. The cars could move along on the streets and rush to emergencies. Maybe fires will actually break out and we see the Fire Department head out to stop it? Or maybe wild pokemon will injury people and the ambulance rushes to save them? One idea I saw, is that maybe it's a mobile pokemon center for trainers?

What if as a side quest we could team up with the fire Department, or Ambulance corps, or police force? Using pokemon you'd expect them to use, there could be a mini game involving you saving the day with them? That be pretty awesome imo.

And lastly, next to the Ambulance, is a building( maybe rocks) our on the ocean with a wingull flying by.

Now this could be completely wrong, but what if that's the:

Probably not, but the color scheme reminds me of it, and the region seems to be tropical.

Crazy speculation out of the way, and onto:

Woody Wood Pecker! Really not much to say here. The design looks interesting and resemblance of fletching. This does kill the gen 6.5 list of pokemon though. ( R.I.P. the dream) due to the fact that he is not on it. I expect this to be like hoot hoot and evolve once. Which will be a nice change of pace. But that would mean it's probably not competitively viable, but oh well, he still looks nice. I wonder if any of the text gives away info on it?

Now I'm almost done here( if your even reading...) Next Pic:

Alright now this has some good things in it. Let's start with the big picture. This is without a doubt, a hotel.
In fact calling it now:

It's Hotel Horsea. I'm also calling that's its the first gym as well, and that the game will go back to black and white's style of making leaders have other jobs. As further evidence that this is a hotel( besides the obvious design) is that the furiside npc has a suitcase. Also above the protagonist in red( no way this isn't the male one), are 3 silhouettes. To the left of the horse are two water types that I can't make out. I think they are both new. Perhaps one is the starter.

Let's focus on the protagonist. He looks very similar to Red. I think this is a callback and that we will see a lot more like these.

Now let's move one to the other shots here.

Let's look at the one with the yellow car. I believe this is an inn, and owned by the guy with Machamp, as that looks like his car, and it appears he is to the right of it. Could be wrong though. But this is definitely a small inn. Perhaps like Kalos, towns will have small inns, and then they could have the first city have the World Famous Hotel Horsea. Maybe that's where the backwards waterfall is?

Also the inn pictures suggests that the routes and towns are massive, so I'm getting excited for this! Now the picture next to this is very interesting....

the main character is in a room that looks like a hotel room. It could be a house but who knows. There are two intriguing things here:

1) This is a different trainer then the guy in Red, but they appear to be male. Does this confirm customization is back and much more expansive?

2) They are bent down in front of what looks like a Pokemon. It's read and could be a beaver or bear it seems. Thoughts?

Now the last two pictures depict a house( maybe your starting one?) and several different rooms. Don't know what to make of those rooms though....

Whew! That was quite alot,

Also Solfiner Solfiner and Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6

These could answer both your questions, and I hope helps offer insight!
:)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
(http://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/2...-nintendo-nx-is-expected-for-release-in-june/)

Now I do think this is full of boloney and is mostly a mistake on their part, but I do find the concept of a June launch interesting considering Nintendo would have to show the new console way before E3.

Other than that, this is just another rumor we can throw into the trash shoot for right now.

Announcing a game and then releasing it is not going to be a fun experience.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

So this is what the license fees went to alongside ****ty sport journalists and their political bull**** to do with the EU.
*sigh*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I was Nintendo I would've delayed this a year so I could've pulled a good old fashioned executive override and put these games on the NX.

Not that I was expecting that to happen, but a new gen of Pokemon would certainly help the system gain traction, let alone the first potential console iteration of the mainline series.

Now we're waiting until like 2019 or 2020.

Also I hope all y'all who gave me the turned-up nose when I said Gen VII in 2016 was entirely possible are enjoying that crow. :p
THAT INCLUDES YOU GRAND OVERLORD SEREBII

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's see. . .

>Ability to pick skin tone, eye color, and hair color independently of each other at game start
>More skin, eye, and hair colors to choose from in general
>Remove genderlocking on clothing (I just wanted to wear a beanie darnit)
>Clothing based upon more Pokémon than just Slurpuff.
>Some sort of custom clothing creator

Anyone have anything they want to add to the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom