• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So.......is Poke Sun/Moon definitly for 3DS? I don't remember seeing them say that just that it's coming holiday 2016.
I think they did, thinking it over.

Eitherway, I kinda hope it's not New 3DS exclusive, since I only have the regular 3DS XL..... ^^;

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I heard about the new Pokemon game.
Eh... I may wait on it for the time being (unless something happens that I need to play).

I just wonder why ther are called Sun and Moon
Black and White had a plot that revolved around dualities and opposing ideas and opinions
X and Y because of the X and Y axis...
But no Z...
I doubt they'll focus on the day and night cycle because there's not much you can do with it that hasn't been done already
The same reason R/B/Y/G are colors, and the same reason for all the mineral-themed games.
Because it worked.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There is no reason for Sun and Moon to be on anything other than the 3DS.

They already have all the 3DS assets they need and releasing it on something else would make them lose a bunch of sales.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I thought they flat-out said Sun and Moon were going to be on 3DS.

They didn't?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I watched the Direct.

I actually really liked the presentation aspect, got me super nostalgic for the old days of Pokémon (inb4 "GENWUNNER").

But yeah you know they're being hush hush and dry on info when they're like "WOW YOU CAN PLAY IN CHINESE NOW, OVERCOME LANGUAGE BARRIERS BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE POINT OF POKÉMON", haha.

Also Wolfie557 Wolfie557 , they did confirm it's for 3DS. You couldn't really miss it, they said it pretty clearly. :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Does that mean N will finally release the 3DS under the actual 3DS name in China instead of that stupid iQue thing...
I watched the Direct.

I actually really liked the presentation aspect, got me super nostalgic for the old days of Pokémon (inb4 "GENWUNNER").

But yeah you know they're being hush hush and dry on info when they're like "WOW YOU CAN PLAY IN CHINESE NOW, OVERCOME LANGUAGE BARRIERS BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE POINT OF POKÉMON", haha.

Also Wolfie557 Wolfie557 , they did confirm it's for 3DS. You couldn't really miss it, they said it pretty clearly. :p
I was distracted by chicken. :p
Thanks.

Guess my 3DS collection will be rounded off by Pokemon...about time I tried non-spinoff games.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does that mean N will finally release the 3DS under the actual 3DS name in China instead of that stupid iQue thing...
That depends on whether or not Chinese laws on gaming systems have changed.

I haven't been keeping up with that stuff lately.

D

Deleted member

I think this game has the potential to really tie all the regions together.

Earth revolves around the Sun. Moon revolves around Earth. Basically reinforce the "whole world" idea.

Rainbow (Niji) could be a reference to bringing all the games together (as most are based on colors).

It'd be a great way to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
Having all regions will **** up the level curve
HGSS has a terrible level curve and that's only two regions
Having 7 of them won't make things easier
An "all regions" game simply can't work
Also
as most are based on colors).
Colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black and White
Not colors: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, X and Y
So I heard about the new Pokemon game.
Eh... I may wait on it for the time being (unless something happens that I need to play).

The same reason R/B/Y/G are colors, and the same reason for all the mineral-themed games.
Because it worked.
RBYG are like thst because they're primary colors and they were the first games of the franchise. They also match with the four main elemental types
GS were supposed to be the last ones
Ruby and Sapphire give the feeling they're a "better" Red and Blue
No idea on DPPt

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nintendo's TP HD retrospective Episode 2 is up!
It's great Aounuma just dreamed up the basics of the game LMAO.

That's a whole other level of genius right there.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Green is a secondary colour. You make it by mixing B & Y. Have you not learned anything from Pokemon Art Academy?:p
Green's a primary with HEX and things like that, though even then it's Red, Blue, Green, with yellow being secondary with cyan and magenta, so either way it was incorrect. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did see the direct live while I was still at work (I hid while I was on my break).

But compared to Generation VI reveal, Gen VII reveal was pretty disappointing (even if the logos weren't leaked yesterday). If it actually had a new Pokémon in it (that wasn't a wireframe render), it would've been a different reaction.

And Gen I VC can connect to Pokémon Bank? Didn't expect that but that's really cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also

Colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black and White
Not colors: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, X and Y

RBYG are like thst because they're primary colors and they were the first games of the franchise. They also match with the four main elemental types
GS were supposed to be the last ones
Ruby and Sapphire give the feeling they're a "better" Red and Blue
No idea on DPPt
Uuuuuh, a lot of the ones you listed there are colours, actually.

http://www.color-hex.com/color/ffd700

Just an example, I won't go through all of them, since this should be common sense.

I mean Rosalina's hair colour is platinum blonde. :V

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
User was warned for this post
Would like to make it clear that this leak is still not disconfirmed!

censor dodge

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gold, Silver and Platinum are named after the metals
I know they can be colors but they're not being used like that in Pokemon
I'd beg to differ on Gold and Silver, considering they factor heavily into Lugia and Ho-Oh's color schemes, as they're the box legends. Same with RSE with Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. And Pearl, with Palkia being white and pink.

They're pretty obviously referencing the colors. Really the only odd ones out are Diamond and Crystal, which don't really have a "color" to them.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gold, Silver and Platinum are named after the metals
I know they can be colors but they're not being used like that in Pokemon
It doesn't really matter, they still can be worked into the concept of colours anyway.

How they used them almost 20 years ago doesn't factor into how they might use the names today. Hindsight is something they can take advantage of.

D

Deleted member

I'd beg to differ on Gold and Silver, considering they factor heavily into Lugia and Ho-Oh's color schemes, as they're the box legends. Same with RSE with Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. And Pearl, with Palkia being white and pink.

They're pretty obviously referencing the colors. Really the only odd ones out are Diamond and Crystal, which don't really have a "color" to them.
Heart Gold and Soul Silver can't be talking about the colors though
Silver is considered a pure metal and something golden is considered holy

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those who are questioning about Missingno. being transferrable to Pokémon Bank: It ain't happening.

In order for a Pokémon to be tradable/transferable to a different title, the Pokémon's data must already exist in the targeted title. Missingno.'s data doesn't exist at all outside of Green/Red/Blue/Yellow, so stuff like X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire can't correctly read Missingno.'s data (same goes for other glitch Pokémon).

It's the exact same reason why you couldn't trade Gen II Pokémon from Gold/Silver/Crystal to Green/Red/Blue/Yellow as well as forms that debuted in later titles in the same generation (like Sky Shaymin in Gen IV).

In fact here's what I believe will be banned in Pokémon Bank for the Virtual Console release:
  • Glitch Pokémon & moves
  • Legit Pokémon with a moveset or stats impossible to get without glitching
  • Pokémon at levels 0 and 101-255

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Heart Gold and Soul Silver can't be talking about the colors though
Silver is considered a pure metal and something golden is considered holy
But they're also colors. That's the thing.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In fairness, most of the reason HGSS's level curve sucks (at least from my perspective) is because the wild Pokemon's levels don't scale up at all and are drastically lower than you need for the Pokemon you're training to fight against.

Having a good balance within seven regions given the current system is probably impossible, but I don't think HGSS is proof of that. I think it was just poorly executed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys...RBY being Bank compatible is huge for a single reason...Machamp gets Fissure in Gen I and it's ability is No Guard in Gen VI, a NORMAL ability mind you. And the ability capsule exists in case you get Guts instead. Dear Arceus, that's getting banned

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Guys...RBY being Bank compatible is huge for a single reason...Machamp gets Fissure in Gen I and it's ability is No Guard in Gen VI, a NORMAL ability mind you. And the ability capsule exists in case you get Guts instead. Dear Arceus, that's getting banned
1HKO moves are usually banned anyways...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, @Arcanir mentioned this lol. Honestly this is pretty funny, though I'm wondering if OHKO moves have a mechanic implemented to ignore a situation like this. It is notable that Fissure's Bulbapedia page says this:

Bulbapedia said:
Fissure ignores all changes to accuracy and evasion stats.
So if No Guard counts as a "change to accuracy" then it may not do anything.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something just hit me. Could we see a return of Team Galactic? They fit in too well in the current title names - Mars, Saturn and Jupiter.

:231:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Something just hit me. Could we see a return of Team Galactic? They fit in too well in the current title names - Mars, Saturn and Jupiter.

Maybe they could make a collaboration, but I'm sure it's going to be some new team (most likely based on Team Rocket).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wanna see an all out team war.

The resurrection of Team Rocket
The remnants of Aqua & Magma forge together a new team
Mars, Saturn and Jupiter revamps Galactic
Neo Plasma
And Neo Flare.

And you gotta stop each team from going all crazy

And then bring back the World Tournament setting

D

Deleted member

No Guard straight up ignores any accuracy check, this is why it hits Pokemon using fly or dig

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'd prefer a new team entirely....Team Eclipse is just too perfect....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe they could make a collaboration, but I'm sure it's going to be some new team (most likely based on Team Rocket).
That was wishful thinking, admittedly. Still, it would cool to see them return. Or any team except Rocket, really.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So after seeing how they talked up Sun and Moon, all I could think of was that this image captures it perfectly:
gravity falls pokemon z.png

I need to get better at Gimp...

I think they did, thinking it over.

Eitherway, I kinda hope it's not New 3DS exclusive, since I only have the regular 3DS XL..... ^^;
It will most likely stay on the 3ds to avoid loss of sales, however exclusive features on the N3ds isn't impossible.

For those who are questioning about Missingno. being transferrable to Pokémon Bank: It ain't happening.

In order for a Pokémon to be tradable/transferable to a different title, the Pokémon's data must already exist in the targeted title. Missingno.'s data doesn't exist at all outside of Green/Red/Blue/Yellow, so stuff like X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire can't correctly read Missingno.'s data (same goes for other glitch Pokémon).

It's the exact same reason why you couldn't trade Gen II Pokémon from Gold/Silver/Crystal to Green/Red/Blue/Yellow as well as forms that debuted in later titles in the same generation (like Sky Shaymin in Gen IV).

In fact here's what I believe will be banned in Pokémon Bank for the Virtual Console release:
  • Glitch Pokémon & moves
  • Legit Pokémon with a moveset or stats impossible to get without glitching
  • Pokémon at levels 0 and 101-255
I know, but I can hope missingno could become canon one day...

It's possible, but I feel like if anything, we could see Cyrus.

After all he disappeared into the distortion world, so maybe he found a portal that lead him to this new region?

Also what if The World Tournament returns?

Every one you fight in BW's is in this, in addition to:

All the proffessors, all the protagonists, zinnia, wally, all evil team leaders, all partners from the games(I.E. riley, cheryl, etc), Dianthia, Emma, and new characters in this.

Thoughts?

And I'm writing up stuff on Sun and Moon, I have a lot of notes to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom