• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Do you mean infidelity?

Because this clashes with the rest of your post.

Interesting bit of history, but I am fairly certain the Torah and Bible (or what was written down at the time) both said that pre-marital sex was bad because the Catholic Church became big...

They probably cracked down on it hard due to the orphans though.
I'm just telling what my (awesome) Ethic and Religious Culture teacher told me. Take it or leave it:p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why does Dabuz sell Smash 4 lessons at $35 an hour?

Why do Rosalina mains say I should look up to him and strive to be like him?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's from SMB123 last I checked.
Not really Photoshop. @smb123w64gb rearranged the Character Select Screen in his game I believe.
https://twitter.com/smb123w64gb
Ah I see, I was on their twitter earlier. I just read up on some more of his stuff, and he's done some hilarious Bayonetta X hacks:

The model hacks are strange but an good start to modding.

So is this CSS editing as well. Perhaps one day they will manage to do something like BrawlEX but with Smash 4?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah I see, I was on their twitter earlier. I just read up on some more of his stuff, and he's done some hilarious Bayonetta X hacks:

The model hacks are strange but an good start to modding.

So is this CSS editing as well. Perhaps one day they will manage to do something like BrawlEX but with Smash 4?
It's the early days of "Pikaman" and all. They seem to be going on a more smooth pace though compared to the early Brawl modding days.

BrawlEx was adding more character slots right? I kinda forgot, but if yes. That seems to have already been accomplished. ^^

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been a bit behind on doing basic completionist things on Smash Wii U. I just now created Sara Osborn and Mr. Jonson Miis.

They're pretty much the main reason I'll ever even bother with Miis outside of the Tails costume.

Mister Jonson, ur goin to HELL!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does Dabuz sell Smash 4 lessons at $35 an hour?

Why do Rosalina mains say I should look up to him and strive to be like him?
Because regardless of whatever issues he has, he's one of the most successful Smash 4 players as of this moment.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bayo-Sonic is literally Boom!Sonic, lol.

Because regardless of whatever issues he has, he's one of the most successful Smash 4 players as of this moment.
His Rosalina play is very flawed.

There is a reason why he says she's "barely viable", when literally everyone else disagrees, including superior players to him.

It's his playstyle with her that's barely viable, not the character.

Also he isn't quite one of the best. He's outclassed by a good number of players.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's the early days of "Pikaman" and all. They seem to be going on a smooth pace though compared to the early Brawl modding days.

BrawlEx was adding more character slots right? I kinda forgot, but if yes. That seems to have already been accomplished. ^^
Yes, BrawlEx expands slots without removing characters. It currently can add up to 115 I believe.
And really? Neat! So there is some nice progress so far, which is always cool to see!

D

Deleted member

I'm going to assume that for fanartists it's no fun to create sexy art for characters that already flaunt their sexuality.
Yeah, I'd actually say that's VERY accurate. Especially know a few artists myself, one that's in a relationship with me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes, BrawlEx expands slots without removing characters. It currently can add up to 115 I believe.
And really? Neat! So there is some nice progress so far, which is always cool to see!
Yup, I already showed it a couple pages back but in case you missed it.
Things really seem to be sailing smooth for Smash 4 modding compared to the early days of Brawl from the looks of it so far.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just felt like randomly chanting this but...

Pokemon XD's OST is one of the best I listened to, that game gave lots of memories, it was the first game I got on the Gamecube.
I loved Xd and Colosseum! Both were really unique concepts and pretty good. They may have been challenging, but it was good to have that challenge, although I could never beat Colosseum xD. I wish they made a sequel. It be great to have shadow pokemon and to use all the new gen pokemon

A free 2 start Pokemon Shadow game could be interesting. Or maybe make it work more like Detective pikachu. Although doing it as a full game would more then likely work better.
Yup, I already showed it a couple pages back but in case you missed it.
Things really seem to be sailing smooth for Smash 4 modding compared to the early days of Brawl from the looks of it so far.
Wow! That's impressive! They definitely seem to be progressing faster. I can't wait till see more as the modding scene goes on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not that they added slots, kust that they made the unused ones accessible
Like what Project M did with the Forbidden 7 slots

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's not that they added slots, kust that they made the unused ones accessible
Like what Project M did with the Forbidden 7 slots
Yeah, unlike Brawl. Smash 4 was designed to accept future content (aka DLC) so it was required to be more open ended. Hence why we can also add more music and probably stages too without having to replace any. (Until we might reach a certain limit I suppose as I'm not sure it's infinite though.)

This will certainly make things a bit more interesting compared to the Brawl modding scene.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

It's starting!
I still to this day find the whole CSS complaints hilarious. Like, this one of the biggest complaints about the game. The freaking screen you pick characters with.

I mean, I'm not saying you should insult the game just because, but we can aim a little higher guys.

Chrono.

I still to this day find the whole CSS complaints hilarious. Like, this one of the biggest complaints about the game. The freaking screen you pick characters with.

I mean, I'm not saying you should insult the game just because, but we can aim a little higher guys.
Can't say I disagree. But I wanted to share since y'all like to rag on the CSS.

If anything it's the menus that need fixing

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm writing a book that I want to have a lot of pictures like a children's book. It's also a poem, written in a simple rhyme scheme.

However, I've started to realize it may be too long.

I'm still in the prologue of the first chapter and it's already like 10 pages long.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

While you are right, the UI for this game is just... pretty damn sloppy. It doesn't bother me as much, but from a design standpoint it IS a valid complaint. Just not one that should be as blown out as it is here :V

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know. . .I'm just gonna ask. . .

People modding won't do anything too wonky if I try to play online after downloadable mods come out, will it?

Like, For Glory or setting up a match online with someone who modded their system. . .that won't mess anything up?

Because GSP is already a pretty good workaround for letting people who don't give themselves maximum scores via hacks still compare themselves to other people who haven't hacked their games, but I don't know how modding is going to factor into the game's online experience.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
At this time all i want is mods.To be specific muh ivysaur and ice climbers.Also brawl yoshi island.Modders get to it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
At this time all i want is mods.To be specific muh ivysaur and ice climbers.Also brawl yoshi island.Modders get to it
Ice Climbers will certainly be interesting to see if modders will actually be able to get them to work like the way they did in previous Smash games (if the possibility to do so comes along). I would wish them the best of luck for that if it is.

I'll probably ask the members over at the VG resource if they could maybe upload the Ice Climbers trophy from the Wii U version though as I would like to take a closer look at them.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
so good news everyone they removed the petting part of the petting minigame you just skip to the benefit
http://nintendoeverything.com/speci...removal-in-fire-emblem-fates-western-release/

which in my opinion is kinda stupid
"i just walked into your room.....can i spend more time with you?"
I prefer it this way anyways. Not because I found the petting creepy to begin with, I just felt like it was unnecessary for that to be in the game. I'd rather just get to the point and get the supports ranked up instead of "Rub the screen, get to see a reaction," for about a minute and a half or possibly longer.

After this whole ordeal though, I guess I can agree with they shouldn't have included this in the game if it was just going to get removed. Either way, this doesn't affect my opinion of the game, and I still don't care anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bayo is fun, Corn not so much. DLC was pretty good overall, but Cloud is definitely my favorite of the lot. :4cloud:

Lot of R34 talk on the last few pages, guess that comes with Bayo's territory. :troll:

Good to see Smash 4 modding is still progressing with the latest patch, I just hope there will be an easy way for the less technically inclined to easily add mods to the game like with PM... Gotta get my main back, even if I can't use him online.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why do I get the feeling that one of the first mods out is going to solely exist to shuffle the CSS?

Or that the motivation behind an awful lot of the mods is going to be to "fix what Nintendo did wrong?"

ROck's species is Gaur

Gaur Plains when?
inb4 territorial Rockbart

Fates if you could come out really soon that would be swell

Pokemon XD's OST is one of the best I listened to, that game gave lots of memories, it was the first game I got on the Gamecube.
I know it's been half an hour but I just got here.

YES

Epic as hell song and ther are more there too.

And that is before we add this beuty to the list

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, in other news, 7th Dragon II Code: VFD is being localized
http://games.sega.com/7thdragon/sp/
Apparently, it's done by a similar team of Etrian Odyssey
Characters are player-created like in EO too
I have no idea about anything else of this game and the prequels weren't localized
All I know is that "similar team of EO+Playe-created characters+RPG=EO I guess???"

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just K.Oed a Bayo player while in Witch Time with Corrin's Up B......
I'm uploading it right now.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Pokemon XD is fantastic, and I definitely agree on its OST being part of that. I always loved Colosseum despite its flaws (particularly saving only at PCs and the fact that shadow Pokemon are incredibly tedious to purify) and playing XD for the first time was such an amazing experience for me because it not only took the formula and improved on it, but it borrowed locations and music and blended them perfectly with new ones. The Cipher Admin and Miror B themes are two of my favorites, plus Phenac City's music before you get it fixed, but old classics like Colosseum's Cipher Admin theme and Pyrite Town are some other favorites of mine.

You know. . .I'm just gonna ask. . .

People modding won't do anything too wonky if I try to play online after downloadable mods come out, will it?

Like, For Glory or setting up a match online with someone who modded their system. . .that won't mess anything up?

Because GSP is already a pretty good workaround for letting people who don't give themselves maximum scores via hacks still compare themselves to other people who haven't hacked their games, but I don't know how modding is going to factor into the game's online experience.
I don't imagine it'll affect your experience, though it's hard to predict for sure because who knows what type of modding people will do. Any sort of gameplay-altering hacks in Brawl just made online matches desync (at least, as far as I know), and I can't see modders going online just to waste everyone's time, but I'm also not sure if online in Smash 4 works the same way.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Someone on the Smash reddit did something kinda hilarious. They took pictures of the current game in our favorite ****ty, camera style and asked us to pretend it was 2012, and try to debunk it as 'fake'.

http://imgur.com/a/ZckGU

I found a salt mine:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73246201

This is going to be one of the best places I've actually found to compile what people want changed in the game. I can compile a list of reasons people are upset in OneNote and then post it wherever it will be of the most use.
Smash Tour is winning that one by a landslide lol
as it should

Frickin' BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you for the hearty laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom