• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
> Random, previously unheard of guy on Twitter reports insider Nintendo "news".
> Well-known, respected members of the community say they're trustworthy, legit sources.

Huh, this sounds awfully familiar....
Fenriraga Fenriraga pointed it out on the GameXplain video about it.

Even then like I said, it's nothing to get excited over when it's just a port

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The last few pages weren't exactly pleasant. :(
The new rumours were nice tho. It is probbably an ultimate version like others said and I am hoping they combine the U and 3DS stages together along with 2-3 veterans like Ice Climbers.
OK, I understand...

I'm sorry for spamming this place with my Daisy talk...it's just that I'm a huge fan of her, and a fan of Smash in general. For the longest time I've been secretly hoping that she would make it into the game in some form...and she was rarely ever brought up. This was very disheartening.

I wasn't trying to troll - I wanted to make everyone more aware of what she could do and why I want her, and even gain a few more fans in the process. It seemed to have worked for a while, but the character threads closed down, and everyone seemed to outright hate the idea in the Rate Their Chances Thread. Since the Socials were not open to guests, it eventually got a bit lonely.

Convincing everyone about Daisy became a bit of an obsession, and got me banned from multiple forums...guess that you can't force people here or anywhere to like her as I did. I'll shut up about it now...

So does anyone want to play the game? My Rosalina skills are pretty good.
Thanks for being honest tho. I understand your view because I have been very vocal and pretty obsessed about Rosaluma, LadyP and Queen Bayonetta in the past but not to your extent. It does seem to come from liking characters who aren't popular in speculation combined with the fact that your new to the whole speculation scene. (I assume that's the case with you as well).

You should have taken my advice when I gave it to you, however.

I'd like to play you. My Rosalina is good as well....at least in For Glory.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Port or not, I'm pretty sure it's completely impossible for this to be true, given what we know about the post-launch DLC development.

Like....didn't Sakurai flat out say he was moving on to the next project?

If it's a port, it unquestionably would have to be a straight up port of the Wii U version with nothing added except probably the DLC on-disc.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well, does Wario have his charging attack?

That's all you need from Wario Land unless you include his power ups

Which, past the first game are kind of weird and situational
They've been designed for the purpose of puzzle solving or path clearing instead of being standard power ups, or as obstacles, especially in the third game. >_>

The first game has always been an unorthodox, but pretty basic mario game. It's when WL2 was out that the series had a more fleshed out concept leaning towards puzzle platforming.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
> Random, previously unheard of guy on Twitter reports insider Nintendo "news".
> Well-known, respected members of the community say they're trustworthy, legit sources.

Huh, this sounds awfully familiar....
Shovel Knight and Inkling confirmed for Smash NX!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, I understand...

I'm sorry for spamming this place with my Daisy talk...it's just that I'm a huge fan of her, and a fan of Smash in general. For the longest time I've been secretly hoping that she would make it into the game in some form...and she was rarely ever brought up. This was very disheartening.

I wasn't trying to troll - I wanted to make everyone more aware of what she could do and why I want her, and even gain a few more fans in the process. It seemed to have worked for a while, but the character threads closed down, and everyone seemed to outright hate the idea in the Rate Their Chances Thread. Since the Socials were not open to guests, it eventually got a bit lonely.

Convincing everyone about Daisy became a bit of an obsession, and got me banned from multiple forums...guess that you can't force people here or anywhere to like her as I did. I'll shut up about it now...

So does anyone want to play the game? My Rosalina skills are pretty good.
AHH! You finally understand!
Really, it's a good thing that you said it was not good and that you are going to stop now. This is the first big step for being a better supporter.
Now that's it's finish. How about a good old hug?! You merit it for this great thing you have said!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, does Wario have his charging attack?

That's all you need from Wario Land unless you include his power ups

Which, past the first game are kind of weird and situational
Shoulder charge
Ground pound.
Those are two of Wario's 3 main tools and they're absent.
The third of course being his throws...
And I'm pretty sure his F-Throw isn't even the normal toss.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Port or not, I'm pretty sure it's completely impossible for this to be true, given what we know about the post-launch DLC development.

You're absolutely right but to play Devil's Advocate, maybe this isn't being worked on by Sakurai and it's just a port.

Other companies have done stuff like this where they have a third party developer port the game and the main team doesn't have to be apart of it. You have positive reactions for it (PC port of Arc System games and KOF13) or bad reactions to it (MKX PC port and USF4 PS4 port at launch)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Shoulder charge
Ground pound.
Those are two of Wario's 3 main tools and they're absent.
The third of course being his throws...
And I'm pretty sure his F-Throw isn't even the normal toss.
It's funny you mention throws right after saying the Ground Pound is absent.

Because it's one of his throws.

You're absolutely right but to play Devil's Advocate, maybe this isn't being worked on by Sakurai and it's just a port.

Other companies have done stuff like this where they have a third party developer port the game and the main team doesn't have to be apart of it. You have positive reactions for it (PC port of Arc System games and KOF13) or bad reactions to it (MKX PC port and USF4 PS4 port at launch)
I actually edited that into the post before you responded.

It's probably the only way I can imagine this actually being legit. Just a straight up Wii U version port with nothing new added except probably the DLC all being included on-disc.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Inb4 why am I everywhere

If it's a port, it unquestionably would have to be a straight up port of the Wii U version with nothing added except probably the DLC on-disc.
If it was a flat out port (Which, as you said, it would be without a doubt), I guess it could be argued that they wouldn't really need Sakurai's supervision to just straight up port it to a new system.

Either way I don't understand where this idea of it getting new characters is coming from. If Sakurai didn't want the 3DS and Wii U to have exclusive characters he sure as hell wouldn't make characters exclusive to the NX either.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Either way I don't understand where this idea of it getting new characters is coming from. If Sakurai didn't want the 3DS and Wii U to have exclusive characters he sure as hell wouldn't make characters exclusive to the NX either.
A combination of wishful thinking and the fact that Toto said he's unsure if it's a port or a new game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't he have the shoulder charge in Brawl?

They got rid of it in SM4SH?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wario's got plenty of stuff from Wario World, which is essentially a 3D Wario Land.

His spinning throw (forward throw in Brawl, backward throw in Smash 3DS/Wii U) and Chomp special move are derived from that game. One of Chomp's variants has a vacuum-like version that is closer to the Wario World maneuver.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wario's got plenty of stuff from Wario World, which is essentially a 3D Wario Land.

His spinning throw (forward throw in Brawl, backward throw in Smash 3DS/Wii U) and Chomp special move are derived from that game. One of Chomp's variants has a vacuum-like version that is closer to the Wario World maneuver.
0/10, needs more "HAVE A R-R-R-R-ROTTEN DAY" and obnoxious pause music to be accurate.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For what it's worth while Wario doesn't take much from the land games (if at all), he's got several moves that could have been taken from Wario World.

BThrow, jab and Bite are three, and I guess Corkscrew if you wanna stretch it. It's mainly that a lot of Wario attack animations enlarge his proportions, which is something that he does a lot in World.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
All this Wario talk reminded me of Wario Land 3. That was such a good game and if I remember correctly, the first VC title I bought. =D

So yh I wish the shoulder thing was in the game but I don't mind since Wario still feels very much like Wario did in WarioLand /Mario spinoffs and I assume his other games too.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Even if Wario doesn't perform any attacks from his games the moves he was given at least fit his character.

It's a better portrayal than Ganondorf the cheerleader.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just found this.
Can't wait to get her amiibo! When do you think the Bayo and Corrin ones will come out? Smash amiibos for the DLC seem to take forever.
They'll probably come in May or June.

I expect they'll want to wrap up Smash amiibo for E3.

So they can announce Koopaling amiibo and the other alts there. :4wario2:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Rosalina the only exclusive that's still an exclusive, so unavailable?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Weird, my Rosalina amiibo actually was delivered to me on the next day...

image.jpeg

I guess that's the UK for ya.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's already smaller. I've seen plenty of people go from full on supporter to heavy detractor since the 50 fact extaveganza. You would think they wou;dn't e as rude because they weren't a part of that group but oh well. Hell look how much smaller it was for the ballot.

And even THEN, this would probably be an NX port meaning we will still have Pyrosphere and Ridley will be out of the running from the start :/

>Suddenly realize this would be Midna's perfect chance if she wasn't an AT
That's true on both counts, I remember seeing some previous supporters starting to act like Ridley was an impossibility and people were idiots for believing he could be playable. It shows how much people can be opportunistic sheep as when something seems "likely", they're all for it, but then they go two-faced when the situation goes south.

That's cool, I know a lot of fans are going to appreciate not having to deal with Target when trying to get her.

Hopefully they'll rerelease Lucina and Robin soon as those are the last two I'm missing at the moment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Smash NX launch title? Anyone else having Deja Vu? Even if true, best case it's the GOLD edition that has the DLC, nothing more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of putting off amiibo.

Lucas comes out tomorrow and I don't have him pre-ordered yet. GameStop didn't have any pre-orders.

Hopefully he is at Smyths tomorrow.

....Unrelated, but have this.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-n...oice-the-english-version-of-detective-pikachu

Is Rosalina the only exclusive that's still an exclusive, so unavailable?
No. Dr. Mario still is exclusive to Target too. And Palutena is still Amazon exclusive. Those are the only ones I remember.

You guys didn't have Rosalina made exclusive for a retailer that decided not to sell it anymore
True but the UK & Ireland got next to no Rosalina at launch. Same with a lot of other ones.

In Ireland, a lot of amiibo literally don't get released until much later than their actual release date for some reason, and when we do get them, we usually don't get much.

I am predicting this is why I can't get a pre-order on Lucas. The same thing happened with Shovel Knight (though I was a bit more understanding there since it's YCG doing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom