• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think a bit of a reason towards the dislikes, and this is just my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people are just tired of the negativity already. We've been given a clear cut outline for what's coming, and, for the most part, people are neutral to okay with what we got, but, look around ANYWHERE and there's just soo much negativity and anger.

I understand your video was a reaction, and just an opinion of how you felt at the time, but I honestly feel that people are already sick of complaining people. I'm not saying you were complaining, but right now everything feels like its on eggshells. Give it about a week to blow over.
Yeah I get that.

Just sort of annoying because people pretending like they are excited are getting praise but because I'm indifferent people are upset. It's the internets though. It happens.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
When your acting like an insolent **** on the site, yes. Nobody came here to listen to you cry wolf or insult a franchise because your some whiny little kid looking for attention and to complain over dumb **** that doesn't matter.

I've reported every post... It doesn't stop nuisances like that.
Troll- make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Nowhere was I deliberately trying to offend or upset anyone. The only one upset is me.
Simple. Why ELSE would Lucas and Wolf have been cut? Also

It becomes spam when all of your posts are easily summarized as 'WEHWEH BAYO IS IN SMASH AND I DON'T LIKE HER'
Please, could you show me the place where Sakurai specifically said Wolf was cut because of time constraints?

Also, it's more like "Bayonetta and Corrin are in Smash and I think they are some of the worst newcomers to ever be added and I'm not gonna buy them but you can or whatever." :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Troll- make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Nowhere was I deliberately trying to offend or upset anyone. The only one upset is me.

Please, could you show me the place where Sakurai specifically said Wolf was cut because of time constraints?

Also, it's more like "Bayonetta and Corrin are in Smash and I think they are some of the worst newcomers to ever be added and I'm not gonna buy them but you can or whatever." :)
I don't need to show you jack ****. Name ANY other reason Sakurai would cut Wolf, especially as he hates cutting characters.

It's ****ing annoying seeing someone post nothing without saying 'BTW BAYO SUUUUUUUX' all the time. You aren't even human, but a grain of salt at this point. You're ****ing SIGNATURE is dedicated to bashing them! Simply don't buy them! Smash deserves to be criticized, not bashed

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
She has hand guns. Stop fixating on her feet. They too are realistic firearms.
Her hand guns cannot be called anything else.
The silhouette of the guns is realistic, I'll give you that.
But considering she made it into the game, albeit possibly with a higher rating, it's kind of a moot point imo.
I don't even get why people are bringing this up again.

She's in the game, can we stop sweating information from seven years ago? Yeesh.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't need to show you jack ****. Name ANY other reason Sakurai would cut Wolf, especially as he hates cutting characters.

It's ****ing annoying seeing someone post nothing without saying 'BTW BAYO SUUUUUUUX' all the time. You aren't even human, but a grain of salt at this point. You're ****ing SIGNATURE is dedicated to bashing them! Simply don't buy them! Smash deserves to be criticized, not bashed
It's best to ignore the spammer, and just wait for mods it seems.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I can't think of a reason, which is why I was asking you.

Also, I must be one amazing grain of salt to be able to type sentences and play Smash. :awesome:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
:4bayonetta: has reminded me that I still haven't beaten Bayonetta 1 (which also means I haven't begun on Bayonetta 2).

Better fix that soon.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't think of a reason, which is why I was asking you.

Also, I must be one amazing grain of salt to be able to type sentences and play Smash. :awesome:
People would probably take you more seriously if your signature wasn't that Bit Block guy, the same one who had to make a second twitter account just to hold his salt. Even people looking for salty people consider that guy just sad.

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Currently taking suggestions for PushDustIn PushDustIn 's new avatar
Theres always this:
Though, the version saying 9-volt sucks is on another computer and the image expired on the site I originally hosted it on... oh well. I can try and replicate them in a minute and edit them into this post if need be.

Also, still looking for a high quality Bayonetta render for the "rainbow" picture. If anyone knows where to find one, please share. :upsidedown:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah I get that.

Just sort of annoying because people pretending like they are excited are getting praise but because I'm indifferent people are upset. It's the internets though. It happens.
Those kind of people simply want to be excited about everything and think that anyone who isn't excited is bringing down the mood or something. Thus, "lol you so salty", even if the person in question is simply stating their opinion or giving criticism without any spiteful remarks. It's basically become the go-to response whenever someone says anything negative.

Maybe someone should make a "DLC Venting/Criticism Thread" or something if the positive and negative/indifferent can't get along.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He's not spamming guys.

He's just acting like a **** unfortunately
To be fair it's both. But constantly complaining about the same thing over and over, it's spam, even if the sentences are arranged differently. And being a **** still leads to trolls being handeled, so there's that.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sooo... 'I can't think of an argument, you come up with one for me'?
More like "If Wolf was unique and you say all unique characters should stay, then why was he cut?" And I wanted some concrete evidence.
He's not spamming guys.

He's just acting like a **** unfortunately
Just expressing my opinion here. It's a strong opinion, but still just an opinion

Burb

The Absolute Worst
This is actually exactly like when the base game's final roster was revealed.

Just swap out Dark Pit for Corrin, and the absences of Ridley and Mewtwo for Inkling and Shantae.

K. Rool and Isaac even reprised their roles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More like "If Wolf was unique and you say all unique characters should stay, then why was he cut?" And I wanted some concrete evidence.

Just expressing my opinion here. It's a strong opinion, but still just an opinion
I wanted Wolf back. There is no logical reason Wolf was cut OUTSIDE of time constraints, something that happened in the past. If I wanted to repeat myself to someone who clearly won't learn, I'd tell my teachers they need to ****ing educate me. Good day

Shroob

Sup?

Wolf's a semi-clone, regardless of what anyone says. Yes his B moves function differently that Fox's, as do his A moves, but he's about as much of a Semi-Clone as Lucas is, frankly. They're both, in the end, derivatives of existing characters, being Fox and Ness respectively, at least model wise.

At the end of the day, Wolf is a derivative of Fox, while none of the characters we got were derivatives of existing characters. Sakurai flat out said after the Direct he was going for unique choices.

I feel like Wolf was held back simply because of Star Fox Zero being delayed soo much. I honestly feel like if Wolf had been in this game, he would have been updated to reflect his new look in Zero, ala Roy, but SFZ kept getting delayed. If the game wasn't even out, him being in Smash would spoil his new design I feel.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just came across a Smash Direct rant video made by a mental speaking kid. In the video he says that he hates Corrin soley because he's a character nobody knows and blames Sakurai for it. He even had the guts to say that Roy is completely useless to the Smash 4 roster (Corrin included). He hates that only two songs are added to a existing stage for reasons he did not explain, thinks Sakurai is completely dumb for including Bayonetta because he never played her games, says her game is not popular anymore (He meant the sequel, which he thinks there was never a first game, so he thinks he's a character nobody wanted), and not recent/needed (Which is hypocritical since earlier he says he hates Corrin for being a character nobody knows).

I mean I know he's a kid but still.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Kids drop the argument. If you cant get along, put each other on ignore.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

What can we say, Sakurai hasnt outright stated why he was cut. Maybe time constraints played as a major factor and Sakurai decided to bring in Lucas over Wolf for the DLC Brawl veteran.

And yes, maybe you dont like the characters, but just dont buy them. Also, dont hate on a man whos been killing himself over work. He has his reasons for choosing these characters and not others, whether he states the reason or not.

D

Deleted member

(It's been so long since I've had any sort of conflict that I'm a bit nervous...

Also, if the reply is late, I apologize, I probably lost connection through the mountains, because of course, that's my timing in life for you.

Edit: Darn it, knew I was going to be ninja'd by a mod.)

Bedoop Bedoop
The problem is your attitude in general, there's been countless times even before this where you had the tendecy to whine or complain, even at other members. I mean, really dude, no likes a whiner. I'm not saying you can't be negative, there are some members like Burb Burb who view things on more on the negative side, but there's a line there. Those kind of people are rather civil and intelligent when it comes to discussion, and their critism is well formed. Your critism usually comes out of pure salt and butthurt. You practically make up your own mind before discussing, so what's the point of even coming here and questioning us?

I'm not saying to ban you or anything like that, but there's good reason why people may not be too fond of your posts here. If you have to make those kinds of post, at least do it with a group of people that share similiar views.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I feel like Wolf was held back simply because of Star Fox Zero being delayed soo much. I honestly feel like if Wolf had been in this game, he would have been updated to reflect his new look in Zero, ala Roy, but SFZ kept getting delayed. If the game wasn't even out, him being in Smash would spoil his new design I feel.
I highly doubt his design had anything to do with it.

Like I've said, it seems like look updates tend to depend on the series. Marth and Ike look different. Fox and Falco do not.

Even post-launch, SF0 was too late to have any sort of effect on the game. Wolf most definitely would've had a higher quality version of his Brawl design.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
(It's been so long since I've had any sort of conflict that I'm a bit nervous...

Also, if the reply is late, I apologize, I probably lost connection through the mountains, because of course, that's my timing in life for you.)

Bedoop Bedoop
The problem is your attitude in general, there's been countless times even before this where you had the tendecy to whine or complain, even at other members. I mean, really dude, no likes a whiner. I'm not saying you can't be negative, there are some members like Burb Burb who view things on more on the negative side, but there's a line there. Those kind of people are rather civil and intelligent when it comes to discussion, and their critism is well formed. Your critism usually comes out of pure salt and butthurt. You practically make up your own mind before discussing, so what's the point of even coming here and questioning us?

I'm not saying to ban you or anything like that, but there's good reason why people may not be too fond of your posts here. If you have to make those kinds of post, at least do it with a group of people that share similiar views.
Wait, what did Bedoop do?

And Shofu's reaction to corrin is pretty funny:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Bedoop Bedoop
I don't get why people keep comparing me to the whiners.

All I do is make predictions that tend to defy what people hope for, and heavily criticize people's theories and ideas.

I seldom complain about choices made involving SSB4 itself, and on the off-chance I do, it barely even fills an entire post. I'm nothing like these crybabies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This is actually exactly like when the base game's final roster was revealed.

Just swap out Dark Pit for Corrin, and the absences of Ridley and Mewtwo for Inkling and Shantae.

K. Rool and Isaac even reprised their roles.
I'd say Shovel/Shantae. Pretty much interchangable.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Am I the only one who isn't salty at all over Corrin and Bayonetta? I love their inclusions. In fact, I am playing Bayonetta right now. I am so happy.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wolf's a semi-clone, regardless of what anyone says. Yes his B moves function differently that Fox's, as do his A moves, but he's about as much of a Semi-Clone as Lucas is, frankly. They're both, in the end, derivatives of existing characters, being Fox and Ness respectively, at least model wise.

At the end of the day, Wolf is a derivative of Fox, while none of the characters we got were derivatives of existing characters. Sakurai flat out said after the Direct he was going for unique choices.

Alright, makes sense, but I've always been iffy about the term "semi" clone. I mean, semi means half, and that really not accurate to Wolf, Lucas, etc. but I do see what you mean. Except I doubt the whole design thing is the reason. There has been no reason given, and that's my point.
What can we say, Sakurai hasnt outright stated why he was cut. Maybe time constraints played as a major factor and Sakurai decided to bring in Lucas over Wolf for the DLC Brawl veteran.

And yes, maybe you dont like the characters, but just dont buy them. Also, dont hate on a man whos been killing himself over work. He has his reasons for choosing these characters and not others, whether he states the reason or not.
I already said I'm not buying them. And why would I hate on Sakurai, the creator of two of my favorite franchises and my favorite 3DS game (Kid Icarus: Uprising). I love the guy, but I hate his final DLC choices.

Also, if the reply is late, I apologize, I probably lost connection through the mountains, because of course, that's my timing in life for you.

Edit: Darn it, knew I was going to be ninja'd by a mod.)

Bedoop Bedoop

I get the feeling you meant to at sign someone else

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
User was warned for this post
This is relatable

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.
Refrain from posting memes.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Meme Post
EDIT:
PushDustIn PushDustIn I'M SO SORRY
I DIDN'T SEE YOUR POST APPEAR WHEN I DID THE POSTING
4GIVEMEEEEE ; _;
Bedoop Bedoop

Iknowitwasascrewupandyoufixeditimmediatelybut
why do you haaaate me, Mega-sama-san-chan-pen pal ; _;

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Am I the only one who isn't salty at all over Corrin and Bayonetta? I love their inclusions. In fact, I am playing Bayonetta right now. I am so happy.
Not at all.

Corrin's reception seems mostly negative, but I've seen more positive responses for Bayonetta than complaints.

I think the majority of Bayonetta's haters are people who were banking heavily on another character and are bitter about her victory in the ballot, while Corrin fills two archetypes that the Smash fandom has been complaining about for ages now (Fire Emblem "bias", "anime swordsman").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom