• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

This. This so much. I remember telling people back on the old threads to just choose who they want and to stop trying to predict results by making baseless assumption about how people would vote, but almost no one listened. The entire point of the ballot was to gauge interest, but so many people were singlehandedly trying to "fix" the results.

Anyway, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and look at some of my old post about Bayonetta

This has truly been one rollercoaster of an experience. I regret nothing and I'd do i all again.
Dravidian said:
I want Bayonetta so this leak only hurts
[Cries on inside]
lol I can't be the only one who was thinking of that fake leak from awhile back while the trailer aired.

Chrono.

Is there a link for reference? I vaguely remember it, but wanted to see it again.
Unfortunately I don't have a link on me

It was her render on Classic Mode and on the CSS (in her Bayo 1 design).

The story was hilarious though, it was that some guy on his lunch supposedly ran into a beta dlc disc, accidentally inserted it and it had Bayonetta in it.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
By the way did someone make a rainbow of the third party characters yet?
I can do it in a few hours when I get home. I made the one with Cloud. :p

Although, is there even a high quality render of Bayonetta yet? If there is, I'd greatly appreciate if someone would link it to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently, in the Japanese version, Bayonetta only speaks Japanese in her 2 costume, and English in her 1 costume. Nice touch.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Only 21 hours until I see Star Wars.
And I changed the Avi/Sig early because I'll be too consumed by the Star Wars hype to remember to make the change.

D

Deleted member

Just watched RWBY's Episode 6 from volume 3
What the ****
How? When? Who?
Just what

Also, we haven't talked about Corrin's and Bayo's alts
Honestly, they have the best colors from the DLC characters
Because some were just outright terrible
*cough*Cloud*cough*
Screenshot_2015-12-16-11-33-07.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bruh.

Fly me To The Moon? Moon River? Two famous songs from the 1950-1960's?

---------------------------

You youngins and yer lack of proper music education, these songs were AMAZING says the 21 year old born in the 90s.
Well now I feel like a dunce
But them be great remixes :4pacman:
I was born in the 90s too, don't hate

D

Deleted member

What the ****
How? When? Who?
Just what

*cough*Cloud*cough*
View attachment 87896
Yeah, I felt Ryu's especially were a missed oppurtinity. The only one I'm really fond of is the black gee and yellow headband that tends to reoccur throughout the series.

Chrono.

I actually like regular Cloud's colors. They're a neat nod to the ranks in SOLDIER.

AC!Cloud on the other hand...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What the ****
How? When? Who?
Just what

*cough*Cloud*cough*
View attachment 87896
>Dat Black and Yellow Femui

I swear that one is gonna be all over FG and Tournaments everywhere

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, I felt Ryu's especially were a missed oppurtinity. The only one I'm really fond of is the black gee and yellow headband that tends to reoccur throughout the series.
Personally, I saw Ryu's alts as a homage to his Street Fighter II days rather than Street Fighter IV or V (before fancy costumes) so his alts don't bother me.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I saw Ryu's alts as a homage to his Street Fighter II days rather than Street Fighter IV or V (before fancy costumes) so his alts don't bother me.
Yeah, they're not bad by any means. I personally had some specific ones in mind. :p

But that makes sense.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though for Cloud looks like Nintendo wanted to go the full distance but Squeenix only gave the bare minimum. No trophies, No English VA, no music remixes, no music outside the bare absolute minimum in fact. Nintendo meanwhile replicates Cloud's original design more faithfully than SE themselves, all the quirks of AC's outfit and recreate famous scenes with screenshots. I wonder if there's some kinda embargo on FF7 stuff due to the remake.

D

Deleted member

Though for Cloud looks like Nintendo wanted to go the full distance but Squeenix only gave the bare minimum. No trophies, No English VA, no music remixes, no music outside the bare absolute minimum in fact. Nintendo meanwhile replicates Cloud's original design more faithfully than SE themselves, all the quirks of AC's outfit and recreate famous scenes with screenshots. I wonder if there's some kinda embargo on FF7 stuff due to the remake.
Or perhaps they couldn't get the rights to everything.

D

Deleted member

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Just taking a look at all the Mii costumes, I wonder what's coming in the next Smash :p

I was afraid Nintendo might be running out of possible "all-star" characters for a next Smash, but there's clearly still a nice number of them. Can't wait to see what new characters get created these following years :)

D

Deleted member

Just taking a look at all the Mii costumes, I wonder what's coming in the next Smash :p

I was afraid Nintendo might be running out of possible "all-star" characters for a next Smash, but there's clearly still a nice number of them. Can't wait to see what new characters get created these following years :)

Some of those are nightmare fuel... And I'm not saying this out of salt. I mean a they skinned the character alive and wore them as an outfit kind of way.

But maybe that's my sick mind. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Strofirko

Smash Master
On my view :4cloud: was a last minute approach,for a company not represented yet on smash.
Different from :snake: that was there day one on Brawl era and had fully support from it's creator.

Sakurai basically wanted to realize a pipedream and tried to ride on the Cloud sudden relevance with the remake announcement on E3,but didn't had enough resources or support from Squeenix,I am even surprised he got balls to ask for Geno.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Some of those are nightmare fuel... And I'm not saying this out of salt. I mean a they skinned the character alive and wore them as an outfit kind of way.

But maybe that's my sick mind. :p

Whoever skinned Isabelle must pay. However I'm pretty sure DK was the one who skinned Knuckles :4dk:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's gone now unless someone quoted it in it's entirety.
Unfortunately I don't have a link on me

It was her render on Classic Mode and on the CSS (in her Bayo 1 design).

The story was hilarious though, it was that some guy on his lunch supposedly ran into a beta dlc disc, accidentally inserted it and it had Bayonetta in it.
oh Yeah, I remember what it looked like fully now! Really ironic actually.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn I need to ask you something.

This was a given, but because of the recent events unfolding, I'm seeing multiple commentators accuse Sakurai of having ego-maniacal tendencies, citing apparent claims he made about not trusting his own team without him.

Since you've translated several of his interviews in an unbiased manner, especially with a proficient understanding of the Japanese language, would you support or refute these claims made against Sakurai? To me personally, it just seems petty, but I want to hear what you think of this situation.
I posted my reactions on Source Gaming. If I had to defend Corrin it would be that they were selected purely on unique moveset. I personally don't like his selection as I'm in the camp that Fire Emblem is very over represented.

I forgot who asked but the newest Sakurai column (remember it's bi weekly) is about Star Wars...kind of. It's actually Sakurai's second column on the series so we are going to translate both this week.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nothing else says "Best Game Ever" more than seeing Darkrai, Nightmare(from Kirby) and Odin on the battlefield together. Too bad I've yet to get it on actual Smash Mode/Non-Practice Mode and get a picture.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nothing else says "Best Game Ever" more than seeing Darkrai, Nightmare(from Kirby) and Odin on the battlefield together. Too bad I've yet to get it on actual Smash Mode/Non-Practice Mode and get a picture.
Still awesome to have them as interactive elements though! Especially Odin. Those FF summons are really fun!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, that was quite the day. Now that I've got some free time, I guess I might as well share my thoughts on Smash 4's latest and final DLC. I'll put it under spoilers since it ended up longer than I thought it would be.

So after having downloaded Cloud I went to test him out (Mainly on the 3DS version since I was out for most of the day) he seems like a pretty interesting and fun character to play with. His stage is also pretty neat. It looks particularly cool on the Wii U version too. A bit of a shame though that only two songs accompanied it though. I have yet to try out the new Mii Fighter costumes though. I'll probably have to look for or make a decent looking Geno mii first though....

As for the rest of the presentation. Corrin and Bayonetta certainly look like they really broke the mold (Although I suppose that isn't too surprising considering Smash 4's overall track record with its newcomers) Corrin in particular looks pretty fun to use so I'll be looking forward to try him out.

I'm pretty happy overall even though I didn't really support any of these characters. I think with characters like Corrin it's probably for the best not to concern yourself too much with where a character is from but what they can bring to the table. I'm pretty sure had Corrin not been a Fire Emblem character he'd probably be a little better received....

As for Bayonetta, I'm happy to know that Sakurai doesn't take the whole "Third parties need to be iconic gaming legends" "rule" to heart (He did state that Bayonetta was chosen among the more realizable characters after all, implying that he was fine with including characters on a similar boat as her). I'd be happier seeing characters like Rayman or Phoenix Wright than someone like Master Chief imho even if the latter is apparently viewed as "more legendary". (Layton will probably be a lost cause by the time Smash 5 rolls around unless Level-5 gives the series a second run through on its tenth anniversary or something, oh well....)

In the end, Smash is just a game and Sakurai asked for us to vote for our favourite videogame characters, as Fumi said, with an opportunity like that, most fans would more than likely rather give their two cents for the characters they always wanted to see rather than giving in to peer pressure and vote for what everyone else wants them to. Bayonetta was apparently also the highest request in Europe and aside from English speaking area's, most fan polls I've seen didn't really seem to have included those from non-English speaking area's as much, but even then, she was still occasionally up there in a few polls though.

All in all. Thank you for bringing us this very huge and packed installment in the Super Smash Bros series Mr. Sakurai, The man deserves a good break after this and I look forward to his future projects as always if he decides to carry on. ^^

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I posted my reactions on Source Gaming. If I had to defend Corrin it would be that they were selected purely on unique moveset. I personally don't like his selection as I'm in the camp that Fire Emblem is very over represented.

I forgot who asked but the newest Sakurai column (remember it's bi weekly) is about Star Wars...kind of. It's actually Sakurai's second column on the series so we are going to translate both this week.
Here's all you need to defend him/her:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember when it was found out that the number of character placeholders had been increased?

I think that slot went to Corrin. Judging by Sakurai's statement, it seems it was something made as a sort of afterthought.

I think they had always planned 6 characters but decided to make 7.

The other possibility is that the added slot is Bayonetta, added after choosing a character from the ballot.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvkRzgNTzU

Absurdly long video for anyone who wants proof of moveset potential, because this thing is too obscure to get anything more condensed than a complete speedrun for evidence.

It is not, however, too obscure to be on the 3DS Eshop, so if you want a more hands-on approach then all the better.

BOMBS?

YOU WANT THEM?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember when it was found out that the number of character placeholders had been increased?

I think that slot went to Corrin. Judging by Sakurai's statement, it seems it was something made as a sort of afterthought.

The other possibility is that the added slot is Bayonetta, added after choosing a character from the ballot.
April slots - Cloud and Corrin
September slot - Bayonetta

It doesnt mean they started that day, or the plan was finalized but that's the time frame where they probably decided to start working on them. This means Corrin was potentially decided before Fire Emblem Fates was released.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People were pissed at me for not being overly hyped about Corrin and Bayonetta. Last time I do a reaction video for awhile lol.

It's like look man. I don't really care for those characters. I'm happy for those who enjoy them but Im not going to fake my reaction you know?

I made an apology video to those I might have upset. Didn't feel like I would need to but the dislikes on my reaction are insane so I had to say something.

D

Deleted member

According to Gamefaqs, you're wrong

I'm pretty sure the third slot was Bayonetta
She was the ballot winner, so they couldn't have added her when the ballot started

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This could make sense. I see it more for corrin, as Bayonetta needed licensing and more planning probably.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I just thought of something while I was away.
We're getting both a FE character and Bayonetta (who could bump the rating to T if the smash presentation rating is anything to go by) around the same time.

We also, know that 3DS is getting two exclusive trophies.....there's a chance that at least the Wii U version will get the Tharja trophy...

I'm certainly not saying that it's likely, but I think it's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom