• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey.
Hey guys.
Direct HYPE! \ :kirbymelee: /

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had the absolute weirdest dream about the presentation last night.

Turned out that Snake was leaked via the server files, so I went and downloaded the patch myself through external means. But there was a problem. He could be selected normally, but the incomplete coding from the patch that prevented leaks meant that his model was garbled like hell. He was still Snake, and did his Brawl moveset, but it was so glitchy that the model ended up switching around. In an instant it was a garbled King K Rool model, then a dinosaur model, then an Ike model...I was laughing so hard and posting all of this to the forums...and then the dream ended.

I rushed here just to see if the ****posting from my dream was fake...it felt so real and it would have been embarrassing. And now I'm hoping too much... ._.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Yes. Outside from a few Mega man songs most of the song form the 3rd parties has been meh or it's ok especially the sonic songs.
I thought Block Town remix, the song in pac-man's trailer, was pretty hype

Strofirko

Smash Master
Yes. Outside from a few Mega man songs most of the song form the 3rd parties has been meh or it's ok especially the sonic songs.
You are forgetting the orgasmic cover of the ryu/ken theme,all the retro medleys that Bamco series got,also metal gear solid track on Brawl featuring a song never heard before.
While I can't argue about sonic,the other series got a fair amount of tracks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

As you can see, I'm catching up on RWBY to wait for the Direct today
Escape from the City is a masterpiece and makes any other track in Smash obsolete

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Someone extracted the Mii hats with their textures:
OOOHHHHH
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Now I'm hyped.
Hype = Yes.
Scream Day.
Who knows what to expect anymore?
I don't!
And just like that, here's Cloud's victory theme!

Looks like it'll play over the regular results theme.
MMM
Dat Bass
MMM-MM
Dat Bass Drum
So kickin'
But it'll cancel out my smooth as **** Bass Guitar Smash64 remix
So
Ho-hum :drshrug:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I had the absolute weirdest dream about the presentation last night.

Turned out that Snake was leaked via the server files, so I went and downloaded the patch myself through external means. But there was a problem. He could be selected normally, but the incomplete coding from the patch that prevented leaks meant that his model was garbled like hell. He was still Snake, and did his Brawl moveset, but it was so glitchy that the model ended up switching around. In an instant it was a garbled King K Rool model, then a dinosaur model, then an Ike model...I was laughing so hard and posting all of this to the forums...and then the dream ended.

I rushed here just to see if the ****posting from my dream was fake...it felt so real and it would have been embarrassing. And now I'm hoping too much... ._.
I had a dream where I came onto the board and the subtitle "Too many leaks will spoil the swamp" was replaced with THE BIG ONE. I got really hype as I knew that everything had been leaked, and was struggling to not spoil myself.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I had a dream I was doing a presentation for a class during the direct time, so I was following twitter things every now and then..and the 3 announced characters were someone from TF2, someone from that camera horror game that recently had a game (name escapes me atm), and Daisy.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
You are forgetting the orgasmic cover of the ryu/ken theme,all the retro medleys that Bamco series got,also metal gear solid track on Brawl featuring a song never heard before.
While I can't argue about sonic,the other series got a fair amount of tracks.
We just going to have to agree to disagree, I'm not a big fan of Ryu/Ken tracks they are just not me and retro medleys have a lot of beeping that I'm not a fan of , and I don't remember any of the metal gear songs I haven't played brawl in a long time. Compare to the rest of the song in this game they come off forgettable to me.

I haven't really played on any of these stages that have these song that may be the reason I think they are so forgettable. I here them once and I be like it ok and I focus on the rest match and I don't think of them ever again.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I checked back to my bingo board to make sure I did get that Geno Mii Costume right:

AND I DID!!!!! I GOT AN UNLIKELY PREDICTION RIGHT!
BEFORE ALL OF YOUR BINGO SHEETS GOT A PREDICTION RIGHT!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1801582/******-hype-man-o.gif
At least if its really true or not.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
The logo is two Fs!? Wow how lame, they could have come up with something better than that
That would have required actual effort that I'm sure a vast majority of players either wouldn't care enough about or even notice. I'm guessing it just wasn't worth investing in a graphic designer to come up with something better.

D

Deleted member

Oh, cool, the site hasn't crashed yet. :p Hopefully it stays that way....

Oh who am I kidding, this site will become crashboards once more once we get the announcments. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if I should deposit my eShop account while I still can or just leave it be until the update comes.

I had no paying issues during the release of the first characters wave but apparently some other people did. Hmm....

D

Deleted member

So, RWBY...

Took them long enough :p
Oh, cool, the site hasn't crashed yet. :p Hopefully it stays that way....

Oh who am I kidding, this site will become crashboards once more once we get the announcments. :p
Oh god, that new avi
I KNOW WHAT IT TRULY IS

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
today on yokai watch after battling through like 100 dads and several uncles im only missing 1 night time yokai

also new support pokemon in pokken

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

today on yokai watch after battling through like 100 dads and several uncles im only missing 1 night time yokai

also new support pokemon in pokken

Oh, cool, Dragonite and Rotom
Victini is cool too I guess
Yep, we're doomed. :p

Well, yeah, everyone know's it a tra-OOOOOHHH.... Right...

Cut me some slack, it's really hard to find ones that aren't. :p
YOU COULD AT LEAST TRY TO NOT USE... THAT KIND OF ART

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Just out of curiosity, when do you guys see the final dlc releasing?

...Also, E3 2016 may be the first E3 in a while that won't have Smash in any way...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Just out of curiosity, when do you guys see the final dlc releasing?

...Also, E3 2016 may be the first E3 in a while that won't have Smash in any way...
In the spring of 2016 if not after this direct.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Well folks, in light of the broadcast and Cloud's release today, here is a video you might all enjoy to pass the time:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I actually have an idea on what Nintendo might have done with this patch. They most likely uploaded half the patch into the server (again, to lighten the server load) and then will probably upload the rest of the data while people are watching the presentation. I would make sense Nintendo would do this in order to prevent tons of leaks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually have an idea on what Nintendo might have done with this patch. They most likely uploaded half the patch into the server (again, to lighten the server load) and then will probably upload the rest of the data while people are watching the presentation. I would make sense Nintendo would do this in order to prevent tons of leaks.
Well, that does make sense.

Access to eShop should be lower while many people watch the presentation live.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think it will lighten the server load, if my computer knowledge isn't failing me.

It was solely done to prevent a repeat of the Royu leak.

:231:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait? Has anyone been able to patch in the leaked files using caffeine? It'd be interesting to se actual gameplay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zoroarking got depranked. Lemme change that
Holy **** Overdrive is strong as hell in XCX. I killed an enemy in 7 seconds when it takes about a minute and a half. AND I FOUND AN EXPLOIT!
I dunno, I still look orange as normal
Undertake is soon winning the Gamefaqs poll! Holy balls!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote
WOOT! My vote didn't go in vain!
You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom