• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That wasn't promised.
Cloud and more could simply mean the Geno hat or whatever it is.
As crappy as that would be...
Mario slots.

Plus, if its just Cloud and Midgar then we wouldn't need a whole direct since we know about it already.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mario slots.

Plus, if its just Cloud and Midgar then we wouldn't need a whole direct since we know about it already.
I dunno...
Regardless, the Mario slots were something the community found, not something that Sakurai had in mind for us to see.
Those slots could simply be a place holder for the ballot winners who are coming much later...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Just listened to the two themes on cloud's stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdnW2UY4Fg&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_zNparC0nw&feature=youtu.be

Sound quality definitely reminiscent of the 3DS songs...

I dunno honestly. We'll just have to wait and see if we get a few more songs on the Wii U version tomorrow I suppose...
We know of these too, they were both in Cloud's reveal trailer.

It really seems like we're being trolled haha, we're missing the trophies and besides the Geno hat everything in the update was revealed in Cloud's trailer.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I might as well say this before blacking out until tomorrow's presentation...

Speculating was a memorable experience, to say the least. It was a roller-coaster ride with its highs and lows, but nonetheless I wouldn't have it any other way (besides getting what I want, but hey, we can't always get what we want). Sometimes it was rib-breakingly funny, other times it was hair-pullingly frustrating, and sometimes there were those rare instances of purely blissful happiness. But most importantly, it was an enjoyable community of spectators to interact with. To keep it short and simple for now, I've learned quite a lot.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll see you all there. Goodnight, and good luck.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it odd though that Geno is literally the only new thing in this.

Why even leave Geno's Mii Costume?

Shroob

Sup?
We know of these too, they were both in Cloud's reveal trailer.

It really seems like we're being trolled haha, we're missing the trophies and besides the Geno hat everything in the update was revealed in Cloud's trailer.
I don't think we're 'missing' the trophies, just no one has really checked. We just in the last hour or so got the music.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
No one's found the in-game tips for Cloud, either.

There's definitely a bunch of stuff that hasn't been found atm.

Last edited:

Soul.

They didn't say how long it is. Usually before they start streaming they show the approximate length of the presentation.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think I'm gonna head to bed now.

Hopefully some big leak doesn't blow up the internet while I'm gone.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No one's found the in-game tips for Cloud, either.

There's definitely a bunch of stuff that hasn't been found atm.
I think people just don't know where to look.

Most of the regular dataminers are taking a break because a lot of people were giving them **** for leaking Ryu and Roy.

Hype responsibly = keep your expectations in check. You can still want stuff, but don't be an ass when it doesn't happen.

Chrono.

So I didn't read everything I missed last night.

So far I understand:
  • FF7 content and Geno are the only thing in the patch
  • Midgar has 2 songs (wtf)
  • Cloud has generic alt colors
What else I miss?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i load up gamefaqs and see undertale having 3 diffrent final pictures for the poll
the one im currently on has asgore next to the 6 human souls and the emtpy container....this is round 7 of the poll undertale beat 6 games....this links up way too well

finalark

SNORLAX
i load up gamefaqs and see undertale having 3 diffrent final pictures for the poll
the one im currently on has asgore next to the 6 human souls and the emtpy container....this is round 7 of the poll undertale beat 6 games....this links up way too well

With OoT sitting at around 38% Undertale just won.

I really want to dismiss it as just another artsy game that people are getting way too excited for but I feel like I should really try it first.

My biggest concern is that it's going to be a game that's basically carried by little more than OMG ART OMG FEELS and isn't an actual game.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
With OoT sitting at around 38% Undertale just won.

I really want to dismiss it as just another artsy game that people are getting way too excited for but I feel like I should really try it first.

My biggest concern is that it's going to be a game that's basically carried by little more than OMG ART OMG FEELS and isn't an actual game.
as someone whos played it ya its a game to sum it up if you so chose to fight you get a mario golf style power meter wher you have to hit in the middle for a stronger attack your enemies fight with "babys first bullet hell" style attacks where you much dodge their bullets its got some puzzles that range from brain dead to intresting and the characters are top notch(its an rpg so this matters) id say give it a shot when you get the chance (try the free demo) and if you like wat you see great if not oh well its not your thing

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the leaks have begun. Must say I was surprised by the Geno hat... Guess Sakurai was aware of the demand, after all.

And I get the feeling that this won't be the last DLC wave.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sakurai.

Fire the person who are doing the "update" next time.

Because, even if the leak here are not too revelating.

Those leak make me pretty nutty nuts.

So plz, i hope there is a big new on this direct.

- From someone who dislike leak.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai.

Fire the person who are doing the "update" next time.

Because, even if the leak here are not too revelating.

Those leak make me pretty nutty nuts.

So plz, i hope there is a big new on this direct.

- From someone who dislike leak.
There's one solution for you: leave the Internet while you can.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I couldn't resist and had to check what was leaked. From what I can gather, it was just Cloud, Midgar, alt costumes for Cloud, music, and a Geno mii hat? If there's anything else (Like new stages), I'd rather not be told (Didn't check everything, so I want at least one suprise). I'll just give my opinion on certain things.

• They aren't much, but I like Cloud's alt costumes. The blue version of the Advent Children costume will be a favorite of mine.
  • Seeing Geno getting a mii costume, I'm not surprised in the slightest. It was probably one of the more likely mii costumes to come from Square Enix. With that said, cool to see it happen and while some fans may take it for granted, this was the best thing Geno could have ever gotten within his position.
That's about it really. I'll be without my phone for the rest of the day, so I won't be spoiled anymore. It sure is going to be funny to see peoples reactions if a leak did indeed happen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There's one solution for you: leave the Internet while you can.
I guess there is only that. But right now, i am in fact at school.:snake:
Still, when i get back at house. I'm going to pass time with SMM.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If Midgar does only have 2 songs, I'll find it very hilarious, what with everyone putting FF7 music on a pedestal for the past few weeks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Midgar only has two songs, it's probably due to licensing issues, kind of like how Suzaku Castle has 2 songs (though with 3 versions for each).

Probably has something to do with licensing costs. Perhaps, there's a fee per song? It's a possibility to consider.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For me, Midgar having only 2 song are either...
1: Because it's from the 3DS version. And the 3DS version have only 2 song.
2: All the data are not here, so maybe there is more. (If i understand correctly.)

Chrono.

Lol wait, the music was datamined off the 3DS version?

I knew I should've read all pages >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom