• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Undertake is soon winning the Gamefaqs poll! Holy balls!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote
WOOT! My vote didn't go in vain!
A clearly fad game beating a timeless classic is just not okay, IMO.

I'm not amused by what's clearly a rigged poll.

Then again, it's because it's rigged that I don't take it too seriously. lol

This is getting ridiculous. lol

:231:
Yep, it truly is.

Nope.

We're only a couple hours away from the event anyway, let's wait it out.
I'm sure we all can wait 7 hours. =/

Chrono.

Zoroarking got depranked. Lemme change that
Holy **** Overdrive is strong as hell in XCX. I killed an enemy in 7 seconds when it takes about a minute and a half. AND I FOUND AN EXPLOIT!
Just don't go crazy with Overdrive.

You never realize how little 3k TP is until you actually need it... >_>

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
IMO, impact doesn't mean it's a masterpiece to me. Sure you can say Super Mario Bros popularized the platforming genre or that Street Fighter II popularized the fighting genre, doesn't mean it gave me the deepest experience as something as Undertale.

I have already played Ocarina of Time twice in the original and on the 3DS, and while it does have the innovation, it does not have as many memorable characters, songs, places, enemies, and bosses as Undertale. What other game takes morality to a whole new level and give you a satisfying experience at the same time. Only Undertale has done that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is probably a dumb question but..... Does the eShop run on the same server between Europe, America and Japan?

Basically would web traffic in one region affect the other?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see some beans have been spilled.

I've just been reading and not opening any spoilers or clicking any links but I get the jest of what was revealed.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
This is probably a dumb question but..... Does the eShop run on the same server between Europe, America and Japan?
I don't think so, I think they have their own servers since America don't get some of the same games that Japan and Europe gets.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I hate that I couldn't fall asleep until really late and then I wake up really early, unable to fall back asleep. Like really? You couldn't have slept for more than 4 hours? I hate this.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
IMO, impact doesn't mean it's a masterpiece to me. Sure you can say Super Mario Bros popularized the platforming genre or that Street Fighter II popularized the fighting genre, doesn't mean it gave me the deepest experience as something as Undertale.

I have already played Ocarina of Time twice in the original and on the 3DS, and while it does have the innovation, it does not have as many memorable characters, songs, places, enemies, and bosses as Undertale. What other game takes morality to a whole new level and give you a satisfying experience at the same time. Only Undertale has done that.
Undertale simply isnt the best game ever.Sure its subjective but saying undertale is best game ever made when gems like tetris,ocarina of time,mario galaxy,pokemon Gold/Silver, Metal gear solid 3,Final Fantasy 7,Megaman X,Megaman 3,Sonic 3 and Knuckles,Link to the past,Kirby Super star Saga,Melee,Pacman,Star Fox 64,Halo 2,Banjo Kazooie,Crash 3,Earthbound,Final Fantasy 6,Batman Arkham city,Fallout 3,Hell even touhou for just making you feel something is a slap in the face to those games and series when i fell the games give off a better experience.The feeling on being on a adventure,being the champion of your world, saving the world from destrustion .Thats an experience undertale is a great game no doubt.But its not the greatest game of all time.i dont care for the gamefaqs poll just dropping my opinion

D

Deleted member

Undertale does have memorable characters and moments and that's why I love it but people overestimate it too much
The morality system is Black and White since the neutral endings can barely be called endings
The Genocide run is a grindfest with only an attack button that oneshots everything but two bosses making any RPG element pointless
And metalanguage gets old real fast when it's not even subtle
There is a reason the two most memorable characters and moments don't even touch that stuff
/endrant
So, anyone hoping for any buffs in the coming patch?

:4marth: Range buff pls.
Samus needs hitbox fixing
Shulk needs better frame data
Make Robin able to outspeed a handicapped turtle
Wonder-Red needs to be in the game

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think so, I think they have their own servers since America don't get some of the same games that Japan and Europe gets.
I see, hopefully I wouldn't have to worry too much about traffic then if that's the case since the presentation is at around near midnight where I live and most people have work/school the next day. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
A Geno Mii Costume and Cloud costumes were leaked?

Edit: Welp. Cloud certainly got the Sonic treatment lol

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I can get the fad feeling, but IDK, there's a certain tenderness, feeling, calling in my heart that legitimately believes Undertale is much better than any of those games you mentioned Awesomedude.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ganondorf buffs are always welcome. :4ganondorf:
I wonder what they could even buff with him, without completely changing his playstyle.Just make him have less lag? He's pretty much my main character. And against my "casual" friends I do just fine. It seems like he's just supposed to be a casual fighter. (Sakurai had a statement where he said some characters were designed from a competitive standpoint, and others from a casual.)

Strawpoll for everyone: Who do you think will be revealed besides Cloud? http://strawpoll.me/6274062

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Reading through all this Undertale situation, come to think of it...

Whether you like it or not, whether you're from Smashboards or any other website, whether you like or not using custom moves, and so on, in just 6 hours and 25 minutes more, even if it's just for about 20-45 minutes, all of us will leave aside our differences as we gladly watch Sakurai's last Smash 4 presentation. All of us might not agree on everything and have different opinions on certain subjects, but if there's something that we all have in common is that we're all excited to see what secrets Sakurai might finally be revealing after nearly 3 years of speculations. Perhaps your most wanted character won't get in or perhaps it will, but I'd like to thank Sakurai for managing to bring together many different game communities together for one last time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, again, I know I said I'd stop dissing Undertale but I've been triggered.

Undertale is not a good game, functionally speaking. It just has a skilled writer that knows what makes the human race tick. Take away the writing, and you have a forgettable, poorly put together indie game that no one would ever care about or remember. In light of this, I'd say it's not even fair to judge it in the same circle as video games. It would probably be more fitting to submit it to a literary circle and see how it holds up to the works of Tolkien, Asimov, Lovecraft, etc.

/OPINION

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Undertale is not a good game, functionally speaking. It just has a skilled writer that knows what makes the human race tick. Take away the writing, and you have a forgettable, poorly put together indie game that no one would ever care about or remember. In light of this, I'd say it's not even fair to judge it in the same circle as video games. It would probably be more fitting to submit it to a literary circle and see how it holds up to the works of Tolkien, Asimov, Lovecraft, etc.

/OPINION
Taking away the writing aspect is unfair, no offense Coricus. That's like removing the gameplay aspect of Ocarina of Time and removing what's great about the game just to enhance your opinion.
That's just being picky.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh ****! I just realized I only have 52 cents on my eShop balance just before a big DLC presentation.

Better go fix that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

/OPINION
'Guess that SSB suck because if you take away the gameplay. Everything else suck.
No seriously, that argument is dumb. A game should be critised for every point he have. If you remove one, then you're not talking about the full game. You're talking about what you don't like. So please, stop bashing Undertale for reason like this.

And for GOD SAKE REGGIE, FORGET THAT STUPID GAMEFAQ POLL!!! IT'S GAMEFAQ FOR GOD SAKE!!!

Khoru

Smash Champion
see if you take away the plot from earthbound it's just a poorly put together game that no one would ever care about or remember

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder what they could even buff with him, without completely changing his playstyle.Just make him have less lag? He's pretty much my main character. And against my "casual" friends I do just fine. It seems like he's just supposed to be a casual fighter. (Sakurai had a statement where he said some characters were designed from a competitive standpoint, and others from a casual.)

Strawpoll for everyone: Who do you think will be revealed besides Cloud? http://strawpoll.me/6274062
For example, buff Dark Dive: currently, it deals less damage and has less knockback than Falcon Dive.

For a character that is designed as a mighty glacier variant of Falcon, I feel that is a poor design choice when all other of Ganondorf's moves are either as powerful as or stronger than Falcon's.

At least make it so the grab deals as much knockback as Dark Fists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good writing makes a good story
Not a good game
Undertale has a good story but fails at being a good game with it is poor RPG elements with bullet hell thrown on it

ok
say it with me
Undertale
is not
that
good
Fixed

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Taking away the writing aspect is unfair, no offense Coricus.
That's just being picky.
It's a video game.

You have to play it.

If we ever want to raise the bar on the video games of the future, we have to take every factor into account. Most classics have strong gameplay, weak plot. This game has weak gameplay, strong plot.

If it's only draw is it's storyline, it's better compared to noninteractive media like books, movies, and TV shows than other video games.

To be honest, someone could easily make a game with just as skilled of writing as this but drastically better gameplay.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
My friend was going to miss the Smash Direct because he was taking a final.

Then all Los Angeles schools got closed today because of a bomb threat.

Sakurai must really want people to see this presentation!

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Calling OOT overrated nowadays is ridiculous. I've seen people bashing it to hell and beyond these past few years. Sure, it HAS been overrated but it's currently considered "terrible" by a ****ton of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom