• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Anyway, as i said. Everyone have different opinion. We don't like all the same thing. Otherwise the world would be boring, but please. Don't say that this game is bad and should not deserve any love because you don't like it. Because in the end. We are doing debate over a GameFAQ Poll.

Do i need to say more?
I don't think anyone is saying that undertale deserve any love or it's bad many people just don't think it's the best game ever. I personllay don't then nether Ocarina of time or undertale are the best game ever at all. I hate polls like these in general it's a cheap way to give bragging right to the fans of the game that won these polls and it will cost newcomers to judge the game unfairly.

Khoru

Smash Champion
FF is a really boring symbol.
I would have vastly preferred Meteor or even a Crystal

Oh well
it's boring but i think i prefer it to meteor, as that'd feel overly narrow and not really... representative of the series

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The game that got me into Zelda was Phantom Hourglass
And everyone seems to hate that game
I live it though, boomerang and bow and arrows are just to fun to use
And it has the best Zelda character of all time, the one and only, Captain Linebeck
Final boss is bull**** though because I can't draw a ****ing eight in the touchsreen I control my character with

The problem is that Pacifist Route is a big trial-and-error puzzle game(Undyne and Mettaton EX are the biggest offenders of this) and Genocide run has only two actual bosses
RPG gameplay never comes into play
And the morality system is flawed, you're either good or bad, if you go "Neutral" only one choice really matters and the other differences for the choices you make are just some lines at the end
Fun Fact: One day I was in France and I bought Spirit Tracks for 20 euros. Why not Phantom Hourglass? 40 euros

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, who still thinks Shovel Knight is going to get in? Just curious.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Games are supposed to be an amalgamtion of its various aspects to create an "experience"
Visuals, music, writing and, most importantly, gameplay
Undertale fails on the most important of them
Can't say I agree there. The puzzles are all fun. The dodging mechanic is also fun. Figuring out how to beat an enemy without killing it is fun. And the final bosses are all fun.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wonder if I should deposit my eShop account while I still can or just leave it be until the update comes.

I had no paying issues during the release of the first characters wave but apparently some other people did. Hmm....
Somewhat irrelevant, but I saw you on the Model's Resource.

OoT got me into LoZ and this was circa 2011, I think the game still holds up really well.

Granted, I like every other 3D Zelda I've played more but I still really liked OoT.
The first Zelda game I owned was Oracle of Seasons in 2002.

----

D

Deleted member

Fun Fact: One day I was in France and I bought Spirit Tracks for 20 euros. Why not Phantom Hourglass? 40 euros
I actually bought Spirit Tracks because it was $20
I've been stuck on the Desert part since forever because I can't play the song whoops
And I pirated PH because that's what Linebeck would have wanted me to do

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I actually want to play Shattered Dimensions, looks fun, the Noir, 2099 and Deadpool chapters especially. Shame I couldn't find any Wii copies in my whole ****ing country
There's only one Deadpool level.
It's still the best level though because it's Deadpool.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The problem is that Pacifist Route is a big trial-and-error puzzle game(Undyne and Mettaton EX are the biggest offenders of this) and Genocide run has only two actual bosses
I will have to agree with the first point, it took me a little while to figure out what to actually do, it doesn't do a really good job at explaining. It's not necessarily a big trial and error, persay. It only took me a few tries to realize the solution for those bosses when the game encourages you to solve it differently with many monsters having different solutions.

(P.S. Watch out, we're getting to spoiler territory with the characters you mentioned)

And the morality system is flawed, you're either good or bad, if you go "Neutral" only one choice really matters and the other differences for the choices you make are just some lines at the end
Some of the lines can be very entertaining and worth the dialogue because the characters are very well written and its why some people do many runs to see what the differences are.

Undertale isn't the perfect great experience to call it the best game ever, but it's very close and the closest thing we'll get to a "perfect" experience.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I actually bought Spirit Tracks because it was $20
I've been stuck on the Desert part since forever because I can't play the song whoops
And I pirated PH because that's what Linebeck would have wanted me to do
That's the only issue I have with ST. The songs are rather finicky
Naught boy! How dare you! The only pirate you should listen to is Ridley!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Why Mettaton EX? I thought it was pretty obvious that what you had to do was bring the ratings up. I can somewhat understand about Undyne. But at the same time, they do give you a hint.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If it was meant to be a Puzzle-RPG, then it failed at the RPG part
I don't think I even have to mention why
To be honest, I had trouble identifying a genre for it. :p

It has bullet hell stuff, an RPG's interface and has puzzles both inside and outside of battles. It's a mix.

:231:

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright, here's final predictions.

What my sane mind is telling me will happen:
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Inkling

What my Gut feeling says:
Isaac
Ice Climbers
Inkling
What my optimistic gut is saying:
Ridley

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I actually want to play Shattered Dimensions, looks fun, the Noir, 2099 and Deadpool chapters especially. Shame I couldn't find any Wii copies in my whole ****ing country
It's pretty great, one of my favourite games on 360, totally worth it if you can find it.

The sort of sequel though, Edge of Time, don't bother with that one, it's not good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The point of the Genocide run is that you feel like ****. You just killing everything just because you can. But the game cleary tell you to not do that.

bad time etc...

So of course that there is only two true boss. Because those boss are here for stopping you to do something that is just nor worthed at all. The whole point of Sans fight is that you give up. Because he know that you can just restart the fight. And if you beat the Genocide run and you think it was not fun at all.
Well yeah, that's the point. Killing is not fun, Undertale tag line is:
"The Friendly RPG where no one as to die."
So if you don't have fun to not kill people. Then just not play this game and play Fallout 4. A game where you can be a bad guy or a good guy without any consequence.

But hey, i'm going to stop here. I don't want to go too far.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Alright, here's final predictions.

What my sane mind is telling me will happen:
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Inkling

What my Gut feeling says:
Isaac
Ice Climbers
Inkling
What my optimistic gut is saying:
Ridley
Your sane mind tells you Shovel Knight, a character from a game that doesn't exist in Japan, is likely?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Considering the way Yacht Club is getting touchy-feely with Nintendo Shovel Knight is still very plausible. Excluding the whole no-Japan-popularity thing.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, guys, It is time I say it: I did datamined the game, but I failed to have enough time to tell anything new (had a hard disk being full issue and just making the decryptor to work).

But I did got the packets, except the data felt compressed and I had to go to sleep.

The only notable thing I got is I did saw the geno folder in the miihat folder where all costumes are.

I couldn`t do anything other than check folder name, you could rip audio, but I failed :(

But yeah, now i know hoe to get data at least :)

D

Deleted member

I will have to agree with the first point, it took me a little while to figure out what to actually do, it doesn't do a really good job at explaining. It's not necessarily a big trial and error, persay. It only took me a few tries to realize the solution for those bosses when the game encourages you to solve it differently with many monsters having different solutions.

(P.S. Watch out, we're getting to spoiler territory with the characters you mentioned)

Some of the lines can be very entertaining and worth the dialogue because the characters are very well written and its why some people do many runs to see what the differences are.

Undertale isn't the perfect great experience to call it the best game ever, but it's very close and the closest thing we'll get to a "perfect" experience.
The lines are only spoken by sans
It changes literally nothing at the end because you can't even see anything
It's not worth replaying the entire game just for some slightly different dialogue
That's the only issue I have with ST. The songs are rather finicky
Naught boy! How dare you! The only pirate you should listen to is Ridley!
I'll probably ask for a friend of mine who has beaten it to do the sing
But I know you have to play ANOTHER one DURING THE FINAL ****ING BOSS
So... yeah
And okay, I'll listen to Ridley
Now excuse me as I go commit genocide, make a little girl orphan and in consequence, create my archnemesis
Why Mettaton EX? I thought it was pretty obvious that what you had to do was bring the ratings up. I can somewhat understand about Undyne. But at the same time, they do give you a hint.
It's not obvious and the fact that shooting him(which causes no damage statistical damage) can make you **** up and entire Pacifist Run

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey!

I psoted several stuff onm spriters and textures ressources from Sticker star and posted pm64 and sticker star sopunds in sound ressources :)

I go there if I can submit stuff :)
Oh, that's cool to know. ^^

I should probably submit my custom Super Mario Maker sprites there too sometime....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I forgot to mention how excited I am for confirmation Cloud gets a special victory theme. 10/10

Also very very very early patch notes
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes-release-pending.425921/
Subject to change (AKA it will change)

No Samus changes makes me sad. Ganon and mewtwo though
Nair
  • Completely remade! Hitboxes all totally different!
  • Bottom line is, second hit is now stronger rather than first.
I immediately call Frostwraith Bias
Eh, let's roll with it.
DORF PATROL B O Y S

But Kirby got massively buffed in Everything
HUPPAH, POYO :4pacman:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Your sane mind tells you Shovel Knight, a character from a game that doesn't exist in Japan, is likely?
Honestly there's just been a lot surrounding him. Lots of Nintendo support and recognition lately.

If anything, I expect to get a Shovel Knight something. Stage, trophy, or something else entirely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh my god. The confirmed changes buffed my mains! EVEN THE NERF FROG Q.Q
Guess I don't need to post this

Context: Osaka, the chick with the knife, wanted to wake someone up with a frying pan by making lots of noise with it. She was so sleepy she accidentally grabbed a knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom