• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm thinking it might be fun to brainstorm a spiritual successor to Zoo Tycoon. A lot of the animals in both games felt like dead weight, so I figured I'd ask around to see what the very best animals, extinct animals, and other display life forms would be just to see.

. . .So? What would make you the most hype for a zoo sim?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Less then 5 hours left.
Oh the Hype Train is reaching ludicrous speed.

And in terms of Buffs.

I'm happy with Lucas staying the same.
He actually got buffs to his dash grab, pivot grab and normal grab. Also F-tilt buff. Literally all I needed.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Boosted his chances? Lolno. It at least boosted the chances of him being referenced though. And lo and behold, he was.

I've said it before, you know I'd adore Geno in Smash, he has always been my most wanted. But I'm not so daft that I can't accept the reality of his chances. So frankly, the Mii Costume is a perfect median for me.
Just because you're a Geno supporter and knew better doesn't mean the rest felt the same way.

The posts I saw elsewhere around the time Cloud was confirmed was that Geno's chances increased.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Hey, I just saw the recent patch notes, what does KBG
I assume it's knockback something.

I love this.
KBG is Knockback growth. It means... you know, right ? How much the knockback increases with the damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if you guys saw this.

But this beats Foul Mouth Leaker as my favorite fake leak ever

http://pastebin.com/ZphnJQAv
"We see Mario and Sonic on Final Destination, duking it out. Suddenly, a large rectangle appears in the left corner of the screen. We see a blond-haired guy playing the game and getting really excited over it. While my source didn’t know who the hell this guy was, I think it’s pretty obvious. The screen then zooms in on him, and he introduces himself as Pewdiepie. Yes, seriously. He starts saying stuff about how much he loves Smash Bros, when a Mario hand comes from the edge of the screen, grabs him, and pulls him in to the game. We then get a full pan up of the now-cartoony Pewdiepie in Smash (you have no idea how much that hurt me to type). He reaches the screen for a brofist, which is met with a splash screen saying “Pewdiepie joins the battle!” We then see gameplay of him in action, he attacks with chairs, some gold statue, and rides on a bicycle with a little kid in it. For his final smash, those monsters from Amnesia: The Dark Descent show up, and attack the enemies while Pewdiepie retreats to the top left corner of the screen, screaming at the monsters. The Smash logo appears on the screen, and we cut back to Sakurai.

Well, his corpse, anyway. Sakurai’s lifeless body drops on the ground, and the viewer watches this for roughly ten minutes."
I love how the leak was serious until this part
And this is my favorite sentence
"you have no idea how much that hurt me to type"

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just because you're a Geno supporter and knew better doesn't mean the rest felt the same way.

The posts I saw elsewhere around the time Cloud was confirmed was that Geno's chances increased.
Oh believe me, I know. Sadly, I know.

Oh, do we have confirmation on Cloud's voice clips? Is he English or japanese?

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Soul.

Can someone pls have a list of which characters got buffed

inb4 unrealistic sheik nerfs

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The worst fake leak is RogersBase, though.

Idiots on Twitter: GUYZ BIG NEWS STUFF'S GONNA HAPPEN SMASH IS GONNA BLOW UP SOCIAL MEDIA WITH HOW BIG THIS NEWS IS
Stealth: blah blah blah i'm so cool and important here's some hints, only hints tho, so please don't bombard me with messages demanding info like I'm basically asking you to
Users "In the know": Guys, these people are trustworthy insiders, and they're really onto something here.
Fandom: MAH GAWD STUFF'S GONNA HAPPEN ON THIS SPECIFIED DATE
(Info turns out to be the sort of thing you'd see in a 4chan leak or a Direct prediction post and is obviously fake)
Idiots on Twitter: NOT OUR FAULT :'(
Users "In the know": I-i-it's still real, guys!

Like....as dumb as crap like Miahstorm, Plasticsoldier, and Tower of Smash were, they were just bad leaks. Literally everything about the RogersBase leak was stupid.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of what to expect in today's update, if they have the patch data for all of the character changes, then it may be likely that Cloud is the only character we're getting today. We may see more revealed in the presentation, but I don't think we'll get them this time around.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189339959&postcount=7810

Something isn't right here. Did they really get Cloud's voice actor to record lines for the trailer and nothing else? What about stuff like the Star KO voice? No victory lines at all? Definitely odd...
One voice clip and three SFX clips? For an entire character?

Yeah, this data is incomplete. Other characters have plenty of exclusive SFX clips for their movesets, even unvoiced ones such as Mega Man or Villager.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The worst fake leak is RogersBase, though.

Idiots on Twitter: GUYZ BIG NEWS STUFF'S GONNA HAPPEN SMASH IS GONNA BLOW UP SOCIAL MEDIA WITH HOW BIG THIS NEWS IS
Stealth: blah blah blah i'm so cool and important here's some hints, only hints tho, so please don't bombard me with messages demanding info like I'm basically asking you to
Users "In the know": Guys, these people are trustworthy insiders, and they're really onto something here.
Fandom: MAH GAWD STUFF'S GONNA HAPPEN ON THIS SPECIFIED DATE
(Info turns out to be the sort of thing you'd see in a 4chan leak or a Direct prediction post and is obviously fake)
Idiots on Twitter: NOT OUR FAULT :'(
Users "In the know": I-i-it's still real, guys!

Like....as dumb as crap like Miahstorm, Plasticsoldier, and Tower of Smash were, they were just bad leaks. Literally everything about the RogersBase leak was stupid.
Was that the 'Shovel Knight trailer is going to be shown in a Splatoon Direct' or am I confusing two 'leaks'?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Japan is getting a controller made for the Wii U version of Pokkén Tournament that's based off the one used in the arcade version.

Here's the arcade version:

And here's the Wii U version:

I actually want one of these. And it's made by Hori so expect good quality.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If I remember from Brawl, aren't things like KO and Star KO sounds stored somewhere else?

But yeah this data is almost definitely incomplete.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Was that the 'Shovel Knight trailer is going to be shown in a Splatoon Direct' or am I confusing two 'leaks'?
Yep, that was the whole "There's a Splatoon Direct, and it'll end with a Smash trailer for either Inkling or Shovel Knight!" thing.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If I remember from Brawl, aren't things like KO and Star KO sounds stored somewhere else?

But yeah this data is almost definitely incomplete.
Character voice and sound effects are stored in the same directory as the rest of their data.

Anyway, no way Cloud only has 1 voice clip and 3 sound effect clips. They didn't contact the voice actor just for trailer lines and a single grunt, not to mention there's more than a single grunt and plenty of unique sound effects heard in the trailer, so yeah, the data is incomplete.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's hilarious seeing the mess that revolved around Shantae and Shovel Knight.

These two characters have brought so much controversy and vitriol to them that one of these characters HAVE to be in the game in some way, shape or form or it shows how much that indies in Smash has been a problem that they should just make their own.

It's not even me attacking the characters or fans, it's just been a massive mess for the past 5-6 months revolving around them and I'm sick and tired of hearing them in anything related to Smash especially SK because everything has been a massive coincidence or pure screwing with everyone from YCG twitter to that amiibo.

But atleast it wasn't like the RogerBase situation. That one was just overall awful and showed that I hated Smash Speculation and water it to end especially with how everyone was acting like sheeps

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the way, the original source of the news is Nikkei, which is one of the most reputable newspapers in Japan. This is 100% legit.

So yeah, Kojima is no longer at Konami and is starting his own studio. He's also negotiating with Sony for publishing rights on PlayStation consoles.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kirby also got buffs across the board, lads!
Let us frolic in the wonderful fact that (Mostly) nobody got nerfed! Huppah! :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom