• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario wehere there were 4 more DLC characters and they were all newcomer characters who are all about as unique as Robin and Little Mac are but they were: Henry Fleming; Corrin; Azura and Elma?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario wehere there were 4 more DLC characters and they were all newcomer characters who are all about as unique as Robin and Little Mac are but they were: Henry Fleming; Corrin; Azura and Elma?
Very let down.

Fire Emblem is the last series that needs more reps (especially two more. Getting BOTH Corrin and Azura is beyond ridiculous), and Codename STEAM was a failure. I don't think it warrants an Assist Trophy, let alone a playable character.

Elma would be fine, but she wouldn't be mind blowing or anything, and she wouldn't be worth the baggage.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Well, I'd react simply with "cool, but who are these characters?" because I personally have no idea.

Chrono.

I'd love Elma but I don't care for the rest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine this:

Smash Direct opens with that familiar slash.

Dk Music is playing.

We see a zoomed in shot of a ponytail in front of Crankey's shack

Camera zooms out as we see it's diddy's alternate dixie color.

Diddy gets sent flying by the door of crankey's shack opening.

Crankey Kong Old Schools the Competition!

Your reaction?

Have yet to play fates so Corrin and Azura would be a little sour. Assuming they are jsut as unique as you say I would be ok after it sets in we finally have a spear user

Similar feelings towards Elma but im so hyped for X ill be ok with it as long as there are no blatant spoilers. (looking at you Lucina reveal)

Henry Fleming would be awesome though, so that would make up for any little anger I have
Imagine this:

Smash Direct opens with that familiar slash.

Dk Music is playing.

We see a zoomed in shot of a ponytail in front of Crankey's shack

Camera zooms out as we see it's diddy's alternate dixie color.

Diddy gets sent flying by the door of crankey's shack opening.

Crankey Kong Old Schools the Competition!

Your reaction?
Utter dissapointment

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well, I'd react simply with "cool, but who are these characters?" because I personally have no idea.
Henry Fleming - Guy from Codename STEAM
Corrin - Avatar from Fire Emblem Fates
Azura - Girl from Fire Emblem Fates
Elma - Central character in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Don't know who Henry Fleming is, but I would love if the other three made it in. Especially Elma.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm hoping more changes are in the patch, much like how Cloud's other voice clips are missing. Olimar needs throw buffs. Ness, Charizard, and now Bowser have crazy early kill throws and Olimar needs them back from Brawl.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know what I realized earlier? You know, I thought it was weird that the Advent Childten costumes have a different pose than the default. But it's his Dissidia artwork pose.

Which I think is a really neat touch.

EDIT:

And a mockup of what his Advent Children Dissidia artwork would be, for more clarification:

[/sooiler]
Good eye! I didn't notice that until now. I also love how his 8th costume is a combo of his Soldier and AC costume, albeit more AC than Soldier. That'll probably be the one I use.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You know codename STEAM was handled badly when multiple people dont even konw his name
Handled badly?

It's not about how they handled it. They tried promoting it. The game was a commercial failure.

You can't force people to learn about a game they don't care about. Some things aren't meant to be.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
You know codename STEAM was handled badly when multiple people dont even konw his name

this dude

I STILL need to get this game. . .
S.T.E.A.M. is a really great, underrated game. I feel like people complained about it for what it's not (Fire Emblem: Awakening) instead of what it is. Same thing happened when people compared Watch_Dogs to GTA V. Just because it's not quite as good as the 9.5 - 10 game doesn't make it a 5.0 game.

D

Deleted member

Impossible scenario, but Castlevania gets a rep.

Simon, or Alucard?
Simon. I've always considered the Belmont family to be the face of Castlevania as a whole, whereas Alucard is only the face of the Metroidvania-style Castlevania games. However, I won't deny the small possibility of Sakurai picking Alucard over Simon in the unlikely event that Castlevania does get a rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
S.T.E.A.M. is a really great, underrated game. I feel like people complained about it for what it's not (Fire Emblem: Awakening) instead of what it is. Same thing happened when people compared Watch_Dogs to GTA V. Just because it's not quite as good as the 9.5 - 10 game doesn't make it a 5.0 game.
5.0 isn't even horrible. It's the halfway mark.

It means mediocre. Or just bad.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I like the idea if STEAM's gameplay, but not the art style or characters. Oh well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I would really like Corrin and wouldn't mind Azura, but 7 reps is really pushing it. Not that I would mind since I enjoy playing the Fire Emblem characters. But 7 is pushing it. I'd be a-okay with Henry "Red Badge of Courage" Fleming and Elma though.
Have yet to play fates so Corrin and Azura would be a little sour. Assuming they are just as unique as you say I would be ok after it sets in we finally have a spear user
Corrin is a dragon/manakete. Not only that, but he can manifest part of his dragon form to use in battle, like manifesting a dragon claw to attack opponents, compared to other Manaketes who have to transform fully to use any part of their dragon powers. Outside of that, he's a one-handed swordsman much like Marth, Lucina and Roy.
Impossible scenario, but Castlevania gets a rep.

Simon, or Alucard?
Simon. Nuff' said.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Henry-I didn't play his game but I enjoyed the demo so even more excuses for me to buy Codename STEAM
Corrin-****ing yes, please
Azura-spear user! About ****ing time!
Elma-STOP REMINDING ME I DON'T HAVE THIS GAME
Basically, super hyped
It's funny because this would hype me way more than fan favorites Wolf and K. Rool
Hell, I would actually be disappointed with the two

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm gonna see what this whole reaction video crap is about and try one. I'll only freak out if we get Isaac, Icies, or Ridley. None of which are likely.

Instead of face cam I am going to have Cat Cam

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, only about 2 hours left.

Thankfully, I had a bunch of anime to watch... Speaking of which, One-Punch Man is just too awesome. Shame it will be ending soon. Last episode is next week.

Well, I'll be off for a while longer. It's dinner time for me right now. :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just remember the SourceGaming Pre show is on in 39 minutes, and goes until the Broadcast starts.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
My besr friend from the Air Force got back to town today! He is the biggest FF7 fan I know. Today is gonna be a great day~

Soul.

Just noticed Rotom + Togekiss and Dragonite + Victini were support Pokémon in Pokkén lol

also it supports Wii U Pro as a controller. good.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well, there's one and a half hour to go until the site crashes, so I'm going to take hostage in the Nintendo UK YouTube where the streams are ALWAYS reliable.

My besr friend from the Air Force got back to town today! He is the biggest FF7 fan I know. Today is gonna be a great day~
I hope you didn't tell them and you can sit them in front of a computer for the direct so they get the full surprise :p

Well I have my last final for my first semester soon. So i'll be leaving in ~5 minutes. Just listening to Wonstoppable 101 one last time. Going to leave only one tab open being the direct page for when I get back.

Good luck everyone.

It's going to be. . .wild.:bluejump:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope you didn't tell them and you can sit them in front of a computer for the direct so they get the full surprise :p

Well I have my last final for my first semester soon. So i'll be leaving in ~5 minutes. Just listening to Wonstoppable 101 one last time. Going to leave only one tab open being the direct page for when I get back.

Good luck everyone.

It's going to be. . .wild.:bluejump:
Good luck on your exam! The broadcast is going to be good!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm gonna see what this whole reaction video crap is about and try one. I'll only freak out if we get Isaac, Icies, or Ridley. None of which are likely.

Instead of face cam I am going to have Cat Cam
I'll end up seeing it then- I LOVE reaction videos. Watching grown men loose their minds over fictional characters brings me great joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom