• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to download Cloud today, I'm excited to watch the presentation today, and I'm glad Mewtwo get big buffs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
> Little Mac gets nothing in the patch.

I am sad. And still upset at that first Jolt Haymaker nerf that butchered Mac for a bit (and arguably still does).

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
No Zelda buffs. Guess that settles it

-Zelda is 22nd in Melee as of December 10th, making her the fifth worst in the game (ahead of Ness, Pichu, Bowser, and Kirby)
-Zelda is 37th in Brawl, placing her only above Ganondorf
-With the Mewtwo and Samus buffs over the past two patches, it's safe to say that without much debate Zelda is likely 55th.

She's the consistently worst character in the franchise and has only gotten worse each game relative to the rest of the cast. Ow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm the only one here that's not going to be able to see the presentation, huh? Cursed extra 45 minutes....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

-Zelda is 22nd in Melee as of December 10th, making her the fifth worst in the game (ahead of Ness, Pichu, Bowser, and Kirby)
-With the Mewtwo and Samus buffs over the past two patches, it's safe to say that without much debate Zelda is likely 55th.

She's the consistently worst character in the franchise and has only gotten worse each game relative to the rest of the cast. Ow.
And because I care little for tier lists and continue to win in matches with her with relative ease. I continue to play/main her and give zero ****s.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I love that Pastebin leak so much, I may need to make a video reading it out with good background visuals.

If anyone with some good photoshop skills wants to collab on this, message me. Work probably wouldn't start till after Christmas. But I could tell you what I would need done.

I'd also need to find whoever wrote this so I can get permission lol

Soul.

Mewtwo fair hits frame 6 instead of 7, noice.

Also it seems like Pika doesn't have any changes god bless.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As a Mewtwo secondary.

I am happy.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm telling ya guys, they caught on and either hid the data in the save file or something or are holding off the true patch. Makes sense given how incomplete things are.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm telling ya guys, they caught on and either hid the data in the save file or something or are holding off the true patch. Makes sense given how incomplete things are.
If Cloud ONLY has 4 voice clips, I almost have to agree now that this is incomplete.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, it looks like Bowser's up throw got buffed to the point where it's stronger than Ness' backthrow.

Don't get grabbed by Bowser, folks.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, it looks like Bowser's up throw got buffed to the point where it's stronger than Ness' backthrow.

Don't get grabbed by Bowser, folks.
Oh my god what.

Don't pick low ceilings guys.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The patch sounds incomplete if all this stuff about missing files is true, but I wouldn't expect any extra characters to be 'hidden' yet.

Then again, they're gonna have to announce something for their final event- hopefully whatever else is in the pipeline is soon.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yooo.

I just looks at Cloud's costume portraits again...
Advent Children Cloud is...

SMILING...

SAKURAI, YOU DO CARE. Like that's such a nice touch given how Advent Children Cloud finally overcame his angst. Props for remembering Cloud is more than just a glum goober.
Having 2 sleeveless options with Aerith's band on it is also nice to have.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
And because I care little for tier lists and continue to win in matches with her with relative ease. I continue to play/main her and give zero ****s.
I and a lot of other people who would've liked to main or use Zelda at a comp level do care, though. A lot. Sakurai's had 2 games to fix her and it's a bit disappointing that she gets worse off in each new installment.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So Japan is getting a controller made for the Wii U version of Pokkén Tournament that's based off the one used in the arcade version.

Here's the arcade version:

And here's the Wii U version:

I actually want one of these. And it's made by Hori so expect good quality.
God I hope those come out here.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
In better news, I'm quite happy Bowser and Mewtwo got some well-deserved buffs.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

It sucks as a Zelda main :(

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Didn't sleep that well. Was overthinking the final presentation and about Smash for speculation in general.

Oh well, I didnt need sleep anyway. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gonna take the plunge.

When I buy Cloud, I'm gonna but the Final Fantasy games on Wii VC.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Yooo.

I just looks at Cloud's costume portraits again...
Advent Children Cloud is...

SMILING...

SAKURAI, YOU DO CARE. Like that's such a nice touch given how Advent Children Cloud finally overcame his angst. Props for remembering Cloud is more than just a glum goober.
Having 2 sleeveless options with Aerith's band on it is also nice to have.
You know what I realized earlier? You know, I thought it was weird that the Advent Childten costumes have a different pose than the default. But it's his Dissidia artwork pose.

Which I think is a really neat touch.

EDIT:

And a mockup of what his Advent Children Dissidia artwork would be, for more clarification:

[/sooiler]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom