• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Only in Japan. The same country bought us things like Me!Me!Me! and Seikon no Qwaser. And people say DeviantArt is bad. :laugh:
Ooooh, trust me, I've seen plenty of things that make stuff like that seem normal.... On deviantart at times too.

Like, stuff you would never even think of even with the most perverted of a mind.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Oh nice! Yep, that was me. You were good, it was challenging! Fun.

I've been trying to play Roy some more. He was my most wanted DLC character and I barely play him. :upsidedown:

We should definitely play again sometime. If anyone wants to, hit me up! We can play For Glory rules if that's how you roll. dmurray9 is my NNID, though I think it's on the side here.
I can send you a request when I get home. :)

The biggest thing I learned from those matches is that counters are not fun. With the average player I can pretty much run in and do whatever but with smart counter play a bunch of my strings get broken. Especially considering Ryu doesn't have a good grab game (except back throw doing 12%). Of course focus attacks and reads are an option but its all situational. Anyway, I'm interested in looking more into those kinds of matchups.
I don't feel that was the main problem though. I messed up some guaranteed inputs after focus attacking and of course shoryukening in the middle of nowhere doesn't help my case. >_>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Just wanna check in case I'm wrong, but is this fine for Smash?

Normally the Ping is lower. My brother is watching stuff online right now.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I want Xenoblade Chronicles X less because of the removal of breast slider.
Yes, it bothers me enough to not want the game. In a game where you play as whatever character you want, removing an option that, let's be honest, is pretty damn important for a female lead, is really upsetting.

But I still would really like to have it D:
While I also disagree with the decision to remove the slider (though I admit that there could be legit reasons for it) I'd hardly say that tit size is important for a female lead. It's more an issue that a customizeable character cant have an understandable aspect customized for undisclosed reasons; I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly why, but I have a feeling, just like everyone else.

So yeah, I'm against the decision unless Nintendo gives me a good reason for the change, but it doesnt bother enough to avoid the game. If I make a female she'll simply have b-cups.

That said, I'm rooting for a day one patch.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only in Japan. The same country bought us things like Me!Me!Me! and Seikon no Qwaser. And people say DeviantArt is bad. :laugh:
DeviantArt isn't that bad, to be honest. There are good artists there.

There's the perverted stuff too, but it really depends on the artist and what is said about DeviantArt can be said about similar sites.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, well... Fancy seeing you here on this thread. :p

How are you doing?

Sounds like something only the Japanese would have the gall to make. lol
Really well! I just got back to Australia, so I can play Wii U again, and I'll be trying to go to tournaments again eventually :D

How about you? :grin:

Chrono.

Man, Nintendo had like 2 "bad" games this year and people are acting like they're dying the next minute.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Truth be told
I've been starting at a screen trying to think of a Kirby FC longer than I've played Smash 3DS and 64 combined
And I've played Smash 3DS and 64 for a loooooong time.

D

Deleted member

Breast slider isn't that big of a deal
Sure, it is nice to have options but it's not going to take away much from the game
Still doesn't make sense they removed it
But where is my butt slider?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, well... Fancy seeing you here on this thread, Lucas boy.
Fixed.

I saw a comment that said Cranky is the biggest troll in the Nintendo universe when that is entirely false. Hades would probably laugh at that mortal and tell him how his grandpappy is a washed up ape that's no longer popular anymore like his grandson. :p
Hades wishes he was Nintendo's biggest troll.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I get the alert for this post just as I boot up the game because someone wants to play with me online.

Hopefully it works reasonably enough.
Honestly I wouldn't even get so frustrated if the "Laggy C-Stick" bug didn't exist, but the fact that it's been a year since the game came out and they STILL haven't patched that, is unacceptable. It cost me a stock earlier today (in that I could have been the one to take a stock, but had one taken from me instead).

I had given up on the game's online for a while but I think I might do so again, until Cloud comes out, where I'll play with him online for a day and that it'll be it until the next DLC.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I recently remembered that I made a joke about finding information on Cloud through the games files back in April.
I'm not for the removal of the boob sizer (or whatever it's called), but I fail to see how it's "pretty darn important" to the female lead.

Having boobs? Sure, that's pretty important for a female character. What size they are... less so. Unless for some crazy reason the size of the lead female's boobs effects the story in some way. In which case maybe I should pick up this game. xD
That reminds me me of this great video game idea.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Really well! I just got back to Australia, so I can play Wii U again, and I'll be trying to go to tournaments again eventually :D

How about you? :grin:
I see.

As for me, I'm the same as usual. :p

Now you made myself disappointed for missing such an opportunity. :(

Oh, and still on the Xenoblade X topic, the full English language voice cast has been confirmed if this GameFAQs thread is anything to go by: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72886269

Be mindful of spoilers, though I must say it is a solid cast.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Luco Luco

Welcome back and I hope you visit here more often. Always nice to see you! :D

And about Undertale, if you Mother (and I know you do) you will love Undertale. It's essentially a modernized Mother game. It's not as timeless as those three but it's definitely good while it's here.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Man, Nintendo had like 2 "bad" games this year and people are acting like they're dying the next minute.
Nintendo is like Sonic. Anything remotely bad happens to it, and everyone thinks it's dead.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hello everyone.

Decided to skip a bunch of pages of this thread since I was behind.

I marathoned an anime I hadn't seen before so I was busy. (Can you guess which one? There is no prize though).

Pretty much crashed and burned as well.

Nothing new seems to be happening in the game industry. I honestly needed yesterday to turn off my brain for a bit.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hello everyone.

I marathoned an anime I hadn't seen before so I was busy. (Can you guess which one? There is no prize though).

Nothing new seems to be happening in the game industry. I honestly needed yesterday to turn off my brain for a bit.
I'm going to guess YuruYuri. Do I win?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hello everyone.

Oh, you know that it isn't fun to do the guessing game if you don't get at least one cookie as a reward. Uh...does it has to do with the girl in your avi? Sorry...I'm lost when it comes to anime.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That reminds me me of this great video game idea.
I don't know about anyone else here, but I find George Wood to be a hilarious reviewer. This is the only guy I can think of that can review Toy Story and somehow go to Donkey Kong Country.

He's like the outsider music of reviews, and on television no less!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello everyone.

Whatever one is your avatar?
:p

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone.

It was samurai pizza cats, wasn't it?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There was a conspiracy theory on SK a few pages back, let me quickly refute it:

If Sakurai couldn't get a third party contract, he wouldn't necessarily "settle" for another character. He doesn't approach the character selection process like that at all (with the exception of clones/ semi-clones, who are chosen for their quick development turn around).

It's not like he wanted Chrom but then settled on Robin. He wanted Chrom, realized he didn't work and then decided to go with Robin based on Robin's own merits as a character.

Therefore, if he couldn't get a third party contract (which there is no proof of), then if SK is in then he was the next choice.

SK like stated before was insanely popular in the early days of the ballot. We at least know one more character was possibly chosen in April. If SK is in, he wasn't "settled upon"...he got in through his own "merits", which is probably based on more popularity than anything else (you wanted a ballot character? Here you go!)

The whole thing about SK not being an icon was something I talked about four days after the ballot started...that's how much hype there was around indie characters.

I'm far less convinced about the rumor then I was before, but right now it's the only open rumor we have at the moment (in my opinion...many others consider it dead).

Also, the rumor can't be real if SK is a costume as that would make the rumor completely false.

Either way, we'll know soon enough as December Broadcast is literally the rumor's "last stand".

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So anyone else picked anything up in the Steam Sale? I got "Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!"

So many bad puns and blatant references and I don't' regret a second of it. Wouldn't you know it, the first quest craftable is the busted sword for Claude.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No because I told you that before hand. :happysheep:

Also, to those saying "whatever your avatar is." That is cheating. C'mon. Can't even reverse image search?:sadsheep:
Oh. I have no idea what is.
But I did find out that Marty Friedman of Megadeth fame did a performance alongside some announcement regarding YuruYuri's season 3 info. Not that anyone would care, but I found it to be neat.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
There was a conspiracy theory on SK a few pages back, let me quickly refute it:

If Sakurai couldn't get a third party contract, he wouldn't necessarily "settle" for another character. He doesn't approach the character selection process like that at all (with the exception of clones/ semi-clones, who are chosen for their quick development turn around).

It's not like he wanted Chrom but then settled on Robin. He wanted Chrom, realized he didn't work and then decided to go with Robin based on Robin's own merits as a character.

Therefore, if he couldn't get a third party contract (which there is no proof of), then if SK is in then he was the next choice.

SK like stated before was insanely popular in the early days of the ballot. We at least know one more character was possibly chosen in April. If SK is in, he wasn't "settled upon"...he got in through his own "merits", which is probably based on more popularity than anything else (you wanted a ballot character? Here you go!)

The whole thing about SK not being an icon was something I talked about four days after the ballot started...that's how much hype there was around indie characters.

I'm far less convinced about the rumor then I was before, but right now it's the only open rumor we have at the moment (in my opinion...many others consider it dead).

Also, the rumor can't be real if SK is a costume as that would make the rumor completely false.

Either way, we'll know soon enough as December Broadcast is literally the rumor's "last stand".
Just curious Push, do you think (without factoring in the Shovel Knight rumor) we'll get another Third-Party Character revealed in the Smash Presentation at all?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh.

Big Lebowski isn't on Netflix anymore. I am saddened by this.

Also I'm trying to budget this gaming computer I'm building on CyberPowerPC but I keep going to around $1k. ugh.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just curious Push, do you think (without factoring in the Shovel Knight rumor) we'll get another Third-Party character in the Smash Presentation at all?
Yeah it's possible.

Also, I dont think the Game Awards will have a Smash trailer. If it did...I would be very surprised. RogersBase included it in his prediction video.

You guys keep forgetting about the whole world factor with Smash.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Yeah it's possible.

Also, I dont think the Game Awards will have a Smash trailer. If it did...I would be very surprised. RogersBase included it in his prediction video.

You guys keep forgetting about the whole world factor with Smash.
Well. It's certainly possible Nintendo could have the Smash Presentation be a pre-show of sorts to hype up The Game Awards 2015 (similar to pre-shows for sports events). The awards show is certainly a big event, and Smash could be used to hype it up even more similar to E3.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Okay, here's my theory: Shovel Knight was added as a replacement for a more iconic 3rd party who Nintendo didn't get the rights to.
Let me explain via timeline:

- December 2014: Nintendo decided the DLC plans for Super Smash Bros. Roy and Lucas were chosen. They decided on three third-parties, Cloud Strife, Ryu, and one other.
Capcom was already working with Nintendo on Smash Bros., so they started developing Ryu first.

- May 2015 - Pre-emptive files for Ryu and Roy were added to the game along with placeholder files for the other third-parties, and found by dataminers.

- June 2015 - Ryu, Roy, and Lucas finished development and were released mid-June. Cloud now started development. However, the last third-party couldn't be obtained, so Nintendo looked for a replacement.

- June 2015 - Nintendo looked at social media and the recently opened Fighter Ballot and saw demand for Shovel Knight. Since the game was a recent hit and was getting exclusive content on Nintendo, including amiibo compatibility, Sakurai approached Yacht Club Games, his creators, for permission to use the character.

Due to YCG being amicable with the use of Shovel Knight IP, being friendly with Nintendo, AND a small indie dev, they agreed to him instantly. Shovel Knight started development alongside Cloud.

- August 2015 - Inklings were selected to be DLC for Smash Bros. due to their immense popularity. Development begins.
Shovel Knight is leaked.

- September 2015 - Inklings placeholder file is added to Smash Bros.'s internal file, however none of the files are named due to the datamining of Ryu and Roy.

- November 2015 - Cloud is officially revealed.
With the bulk of DLC finished, Wolf starts development.

- December 2015 - Cloud and Shovel Knight are released.

- 2016 - Inklings and Wolf are released in the final patch of the game.

FYI, the replaced 3rd party I have in mind is Solid Snake. He would have been decided in December or January due to his popularity and status, but after the controversies surrounding Konami in 2015, including the rumoured departure of Hideo Kojima (Snake's creator) from the company, Nintendo decided not to get involved and choose someone else.

The only thing this theory doesn't address is why Nintendo didn't simply choose one of their own characters. What could have happened is, they looked at ALL the Ballot results, and of all the most voted, Shovel Knight was chosen due to Sakurai seeing value in adding an "indie" rep and due to his potential as a fighter.

This all seems crazy, but that's just a theory.
A Game Theory! Thanks for reading!
Interesting... So, your thinking is that SK was considered because he got an amiibo first, not the other way around? In hindsight, that does make more sense... it never made sense before why he had his own line if we were assuming Smash came first, but by turning that logic on its head...

...no, stop, no more Phoenix Wright gifs.

Question, though; you say there was evidence of Inklings datamined in September, but I don't recall this. What was found?

And I feel that part of your theory is wrong. So in my view that kinda decimates your whole theory.
I've never understood the 'all or nothing' attitude regarding leaks or rumors. Why can't part of the info be flawed with the rest remaining intact?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom