• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I want Xenoblade Chronicles X less because of the removal of breast slider.
Yes, it bothers me enough to not want the game. In a game where you play as whatever character you want, removing an option that, let's be honest, is pretty damn important for a female lead, is really upsetting.

But I still would really like to have it D:
While I do agree its removal was pointless, it's ultimately irrelevant. In a game where you're running around a massive worlds, killing lots of things, and piloting huge mechs, I really doubt breasts are gonna be something that takes any sort of focus. It's most definitely not a reason to not buy the game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ugh.....I can't do it.

After Cloud, I can't make predictions or even crazy and logical theories anymore. I can't honestly see anything happening.

Every single prediction is gonna be wrong, every single choice people are making is gonna be wrong. EVERYTHING WE KNOW IS WRONG.

Cloud is telling you guys something, expect the unexpected. Remember Wolf is t the only veteran left and :popo: can come out of nowhere (heh nowhere :4lucas:) and the ballot character is someone we didn't even think about would be possible.

I do know one thing, Cloud is the only Third Party fighter, not because of any theory or just something because a certain knight I don't expect but it's just out of common sense that 'he could be the last one' and that's something we think is impossible but maybe he is finally that last guest fighter.

But even then, I'm gonna wait and see and don't expect anything. Hell, don't even give up on K. Rool. If the whole Mii Costume theory is gonna get shot down with the Inklings then why not K. Rool either.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While I do agree its removal was pointless, it's ultimately irrelevant. In a game where you're running around a massive worlds, killing lots of things, and piloting huge mechs, I really doubt breasts are gonna be something that takes any sort of focus. It's most definitely not a reason to not buy the game.
It's not irrelevant to me. It's kind of important for a game with customizable characters. I want a flat avatar D:
The problem is worsened because of how the female armor is designed, which is generally form fitting.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Spazzy's Master Chief article made me want to ask this question:

Which first party Sony or Microsoft character(s) would you be interested in playing as in Smash (other than Banjo since I'm sure many of us here want him)?

Here's my personal top five in no particular order:
  1. Master Chief - As of this post, I haven't played any of the Halo games (I do own a 360, but it's barely functional), but I do respect the series and recognize the fact that Chief is a gaming icon.
  2. Nathan Drake - Another icon, but to a lesser extent than Chief. Unlike Halo, Uncharted is a series that I have played and enjoyed.
  3. Jak - Probably not considered an icon, but I enjoyed most of his games and he could potentially have a fun moveset.
  4. Ratchet - Most of what I said about Jak applies here. I've only played a few of his games, though.
  5. Sackboy - I spent countless hours on LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, and I think Sackboy could potentially have a creative moveset with the level creation tools from that series.

I know he's not an icon, but man, I loved the old Parappa games. His PSABR move set also felt more like an actual Smash move set then most other characters did.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
After GOD DAMN CRANKY KONG...

I can't get that excited.
Uh... that was the VGXs which were by Spike and sucked really bad. The Game Awards 2014 was a lot better last year (had trailers for Super Mario Maker, Code Named STEAM and Zelda Wii U.) I'm pretty sure this year is going to be better than last year and WAY better than the VGXs.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/designing-xenoblade-chronicles-x/1100-6432549/

Dunno if this was linked yet or not.

Notable parts:

"But creating something complex was their goal with X, tailoring their work to the hardcore JRPG fanbase--and they made it clear that they are proud of the result."

"According to Takahashi, this less-committed audience isn't the audience Monolith made X for."

"I guess for me, the idea of Xeno doesn't necessarily carry one deep meaning that is consistent throughout all of these titles, but rather, they are a helpful way of communicating to people that these are all games that we here at Monolith have worked on," Takahashi explained. "I will say that the Xeno that you would find on each of these titles might refer to something different in each of these games each time. That's something that I really want players to discover.' "

" 'For several decades I've dreamed of building a game where you could have player characters on foot and in large mechanized suits in the same field. You might remember in previous games, we got around that by having entirely different stage design, whether you are on foot or in a mechanized suit. That was something that I always really wanted to create.' "

I really like the direction they took, I always felt like JRPGs started to get too dumbed down.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
but zelda U...
Yeah they had Zelda U last year but to be honest none of the new footage has been terribly exciting for that. We got a teaser of actual gameplay but they haven't shown anything truly remarkable since the initial trailer.

The year they revealed Cranky Kong for Tropical Freeze (when we ALREADY KNEW ABOUT IT) was the year I actually watched the entire VGX show.

And I'm not doing it again. It wasn't even just disappointing from a Nintendo standpoint, but in general.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not for the removal of the boob sizer (or whatever it's called), but I fail to see how it's "pretty darn important" to the female lead.

Having boobs? Sure, that's pretty important for a female character. What size they are... less so. Unless for some crazy reason the size of the lead female's boobs effects the story in some way. In which case maybe I should pick up this game. xD

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know I'm really not excited for X to be honest. It's most likely because I never cared for Xenoblade.

Who wants to tell me why I should buy the game?
It's a JRPG with:
1. Huge world to explore
2. Mecha
3. Probably a mind-blowing storyline if the original Xenoblade is any indication
4. Combat system that is engaging and fun once you get the gist of it
5. Music by Hiroyuki Sawano

There, 5 reasons to get the game. It bears saying that this is my opinion.

Ugh.....I can't do it.

After Cloud, I can't make predictions or even crazy and logical theories anymore. I can't honestly see anything happening.

Every single prediction is gonna be wrong, every single choice people are making is gonna be wrong. EVERYTHING WE KNOW IS WRONG.
You don't need to consume any further brain cells with speculation when you can just hop on the hype train and enjoy the ride.

It's not irrelevant to me. It's kind of important for a game with customizable characters. I want a flat avatar D:
The problem is worsened because of how the female armor is designed, which is generally form fitting.
If you don't feel your blood boiling by overwhelming epicness when you watch a Xenoblade X trailer...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/designing-xenoblade-chronicles-x/1100-6432549/

Dunno if this was linked yet or not.

Notable parts:

"But creating something complex was their goal with X, tailoring their work to the hardcore JRPG fanbase--and they made it clear that they are proud of the result."

"According to Takahashi, this less-committed audience isn't the audience Monolith made X for."

"I guess for me, the idea of Xeno doesn't necessarily carry one deep meaning that is consistent throughout all of these titles, but rather, they are a helpful way of communicating to people that these are all games that we here at Monolith have worked on," Takahashi explained. "I will say that the Xeno that you would find on each of these titles might refer to something different in each of these games each time. That's something that I really want players to discover.' "

" 'For several decades I've dreamed of building a game where you could have player characters on foot and in large mechanized suits in the same field. You might remember in previous games, we got around that by having entirely different stage design, whether you are on foot or in a mechanized suit. That was something that I always really wanted to create.' "

I really like the direction they took, I always felt like JRPGs started to get too dumbed down.
You can tell that Takahashi is damn proud of his work on X and the game looks amazing. This game really seems to be his magnum opus. It's truly a masterpiece.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not for the removal of the boob sizer (or whatever it's called), but I fail to see how it's "pretty darn important" to the female lead.

Having boobs? Sure, that's pretty important for a female character. What size they are... less so. Unless for some crazy reason the size of the lead female's boobs effects the story in some way. In which case maybe I should pick up this game. xD
If you make the female avatar's boob size the largest, she gains a special "Mammary Barrier" ability at Level 50. It's the best defensive move in the game.

trust me i 100percented dat gaem

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's a JRPG with:
1. Huge world to explore
2. Mecha
3. Probably a mind-blowing storyline if the original Xenoblade is any indication
4. Combat system that is engaging and fun once you get the gist of it
5. Music by Hiroyuki Sawano

There, 5 reasons to get the game. It bears saying that this is my opinion.

You don't need to consume any further brain cells with speculation when you can just hop on the hype train and enjoy the ride.

If you don't feel your blood boiling by overwhelming epicness when you watch a Xenoblade X trailer...

You can tell that Takahashi is damn proud of his work on X and the game looks amazing. This game really seems to be his magnum opus. It's truly a masterpiece.
You know what? Why not, I'll pick it up for Christmas, good on you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm curious how boobs would even change something that drastically
I'm glad the default breast size isn't flat, so I'm satisfied

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

But Cranky was going to be a star. Your argument is invalid.
I saw a comment that said Cranky is the biggest troll in the Nintendo universe when that is entirely false. Hades would probably laugh at that mortal and tell him how his grandpappy is a washed up ape that's no longer popular anymore like his grandson. :p

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So I think I just ran into DMurr DMurr on For Glory an hour or so ago... unless there was a different Roy using the same tag.

I was Ryu. Games were close-ish, but I got outplayed with counters the first game and SD'd the second game because I misinputed shoryuken instead of tatsumaki. Would have played more... but I got dragged to the mall by my family.

Really strange but kinda cool running into a fellow NintenZoner out of all the people in For Glory, even if I got rekt. :p

Edit: Also, I totally forgot. I won my first tourney today!

It feels good to finally have a secondary that can actually do things... as much as I love Jigglypuff you can breath on her and she's dead.

I usually don't play online at all, but after today I'm a bit more comfortable with it. :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually just spent a while in For Glory because I needed to wind down.

It didn't help. **** this game's net code, it's so terribly inconsistent.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just figured it out
1. Cranky Kong was revealed for Tropical Freeze 2 years ago
2. Everyone wants a new DK character in Smash
3. Cranky Kong is obviously the best
4. That means
To be revealed at the Game Awards

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just figured it out
4. That means
I swear, he better come with a new DK stage that only has songs from the animated show.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I saw a comment that said Cranky is the biggest troll in the Nintendo universe when that is entirely false. Hades would probably laugh at that mortal and tell him how his grandpappy is a washed up ape that's no longer popular anymore like his grandson. :p
You do realize that was me who wrote that, right? :glare:

I'll see you peeps later since Undertale calls for my attention again. I need more spaghetti jokes and bone puns in my night.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Unless for some crazy reason the size of the lead female's boobs effects the story in some way. In which case maybe I should pick up this game. xD
Well, actually there is one anime kinda like that iirc. Though I haven't watched it myself so I don't know if it's any good.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just figured it out
4. That means
You joke but i want him and K rool more then dixie, even is she's more likely.
I swear, he better come with a new DK stage that only has songs from the animated show.
I'd be ok with this 100%

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, actually there is one anime kinda like that iirc. Though I haven't watched it myself so I don't know if it's any good.
Is Manyuu Hikenchou the one you're talking about? I seen it myself and it was mostly boring at some points with only few laughs and not enough action.

Unless you are not into breast expansion or lactation, this is not the anime for you. Unless you have the balls of steel (ovaries of steel in my case) to stand watching that material.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You do realize that was me who wrote that, right? :glare:

I'll see you peeps later since Undertale calls for my attention again. I need more spaghetti jokes and bone puns in my night.
Please understand just how much I need to play this game. As soon as I get the chance I'm forking out those 10 dollars just to buy it. Ohhhhh ;_;

EDIT: Don't worry!

I've personally always wanted Dixie and K. Rool. Knew I'd never be able to get both of them, but Dixie's glide would act a lot like Peach's parasol.

Hi guys! :psycho: I see you Frosty <3

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So I think I just ran into DMurr DMurr on For Glory an hour or so ago... unless there was a different Roy using the same tag.

I was Ryu. Games were close-ish, but I got outplayed with counters the first game and SD'd the second game because I misinputed shoryuken instead of tatsumaki. Would have played more... but I got dragged to the mall by my family.

Really strange but kinda cool running into a fellow NintenZoner out of all the people in For Glory, even if I got rekt. :p
Oh nice! Yep, that was me. You were good, it was challenging! Fun.

I've been trying to play Roy some more. He was my most wanted DLC character and I barely play him. :upsidedown:

We should definitely play again sometime. If anyone wants to, hit me up! We can play For Glory rules if that's how you roll. dmurray9 is my NNID, though I think it's on the side here.

D

Deleted member

I myself know of many different animus that have boobs as a central plot point. :p
I just figured it out
4. That means
Naaaahhhh, Cranky's gonna be a stage hazard for jungle japes, just watch. He'll just break open the door and break into "I'm gonna be a star!". I mean really, just look how insanely powerful he is.
The dong himself couldn't break those those locks, yet cranky did it with absolute ease!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is Manyuu Hikenchou the one you're talking about? I seen it myself and it was mostly boring at some points with only few laughs and not enough action.

Unless you are not into breast expansion or lactation, this is not the anime for you. Unless you have the balls of steel (ovaries of steel in my case) to stand watching that material.
I believe that's the one I'm thinking of. It's the one where boobs define social status or something like that.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I actually just spent a while in For Glory because I needed to wind down.

It didn't help. **** this game's net code, it's so terribly inconsistent.
This is the story of my life!

For Glory stresses me out like few other things do. I don't know why I play when I need to wind down, lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I believe that's the one I'm thinking of. It's the one where boobs define social status or something like that.
Yep, that's the one.

Sounds like something only the Japanese would have the gall to make. lol
Only in Japan. The same country bought us things like Me!Me!Me! and Seikon no Qwaser. And people say DeviantArt is bad. :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is the story of my life!

For Glory stresses me out like few other things do. I don't know why I play when I need to wind down, lol.
I get the alert for this post just as I boot up the game because someone wants to play with me online.

Hopefully it works reasonably enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom