• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I shared my theory at your request.
If you're going to lament the fact an argument over it is happening, which was bound to happen because Shovel Knight, then I have no idea what to say.
No no, I read your theory and it's sound enough. I had no intention of coming across as snide about that. Moreso the whole "Shovel Knight's chance vs. So and so's chance" and "you can't get jokes across easily with just text."

Like really, it's just a theory, and you have sound enough logic.

But... he'd come with a free choco bar. D:

So would he. I'd totally buy Doc though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No no, I read your theory and it's sound enough. I had no intention of coming across as snide about that. Moreso the whole "Shovel Knight's chance vs. So and so's chance" and "you can't get jokes across easily with just text."

My bad.
I'm not comparing his chances to anyone else.
If he does happen though, I'm going to think it's because of this theory.

So, how about this.

The final Third Party character is... Jibanyan.

Opinions? XD
He's cool I guess, but personally, I'd prefer garbage third-parties, like Shantae or Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's a good point...except I addressed it already.

When did I say Nintendo reacted to it anywhere?

Because Shovel Knight got more media attention in the two months after the Ballot opened than anyone else.
There was a huge push for Shovel Knight right after the ballot opened.

Even popular YouTubers got in on the fun.

Shantae has nowhere near the amount of notoriety Shovel Knight does right now.
For the first two months. Even then, it still doesn't beat out other characters who have been extremely hyped for the entire Ballot's duration.

You're correct, you did address it. But the fact still stands that it makes more sense to add various of their first party characters before Shovel Knight, popualrity wise.

You didn't, but why did you bring up how SK was leaked?

Right now..a month after the Ballot has ended. Shantae placed consistently well amongst the likes of Shovel Knights in polls. Shantae has much more over Shovel Knight then just popularity, so I would think Sakurai would choose her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So would he. I'd totally buy Doc though.
So jibyian is a Doc Louis clone?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
He's cool I guess, but personally, I'd prefer garbage third-parties, like Shantae or Shovel Knight.
Hm... I get the feeling you're referencing someone's post. Couldn't imagine who... Hm...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For the first two months. Even then, it still doesn't beat out other characters who have been extremely hyped for the entire Ballot's duration.
My theory states Shovel Knight was chosen during those first two months. Anything after would have been too late.
You're correct, you did address it. But the fact still stands that it makes more sense to add various of their first party characters before Shovel Knight, popualrity wise.
That's debatable.
You didn't, but why did you bring up how SK was leaked?
Because that's sort of the only reason this conversation is being had. :/
Right now..a month after the Ballot has ended. Shantae placed consistently well amongst the likes of Shovel Knights in polls. Shantae has much more over Shovel Knight then just popularity, so I would think Sakurai would choose her.
Shantae doesn't have an amiibo.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, how about this.

The final Third Party character is... Jibanyan.

Opinions? XD
So you're saying that I can play as a red cute, choco bar loving, idol worshipping, scratch happy bakeneko in Smash?

Shut up and take my money!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My theory states Shovel Knight was chosen during those first two months. Anything after would have been too late.

That's debatable.

Because that's sort of the only reason this conversation is being had. :/

Shantae doesn't have an amiibo.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this...
And I feel that part of your theory is wrong. So in my view that kinda decimates your whole theory.

It's debatable, yes, but hard to debate.

Good point, but hey we all make mistakes

Shantae has multiple games, isn't a year old, closer with Nintendo, and I could go on..

Yeah, may be for the better. Guess we'll see what happens in December.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I just seen this in the comments of GameXplain's Nintendo Direct 11/12/15 Discussion.
upload_2015-11-25_16-34-13.png

I think I'm done with life...

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You know, I'm still waiting for the day a DLC newcomer is a first party character. Someday

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
On second thought.
I'll accept Jibanyan's inclusion on one condition.
His trailer features every single Smash character doing the Gera Gera Po dance, or at least Mario and the other third parties.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think we need to tone everything down a notch guys, we're getting kinda rambunctious and rowdy on a lot of fronts. Anyone got any better discussion topics?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We are probably going to get Inklings.
This isn't even related to my theory, but because...
Well, Splatoon is one of the best selling Wii U games and doesn't have Mario in it.
Big Brain Academy was one of the best selling Wii games without Mario in it. Where's Professor Lobe?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm just in a terrible mood...I don't even know what I find fun these days
Aw. If I wasn't almost-dead tired, I would entertain you somehow.

It's cool, I get it a lot.

Bakeneko are the more badass yokai of the bunch next to tengu and kappas. :p
Sorry, I tend to always assume every person on the internet is a young male like myself. -w- Ah, but yup. I love cats, so it is fun seeing all the versions of Jibanyan. Robonyan is best.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After Cloud, I don't see any more third parties coming. Except maybe Snake, but even so I don't feel his chances are particularly good anyway.

I don't think Jibanyan would be the kind of third party character Sakurai would choose in the first place.

If by some reason he gets in, nothing stops me from getting him. Ever since DLC was announced I made sure that I'd get all characters and stages, so he wouldn't be an exception.

As for Yokai Watch, I don't find the series to be particularly interesting to me. It's just another monster raising JRPG, except it's centered on youkai and with a dose of cuteness added on top. Not to mention it has yet to release in Europe (only in 2016).

I only have eyes for one upcoming JRPG right now:

This absolute epic masterpiece. I want this game so badly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
After Cloud, I don't see any more third parties coming. Except maybe Snake, but even so I don't feel his chances are particularly good anyway.

I don't think Jibanyan would be the kind of third party character Sakurai would choose in the first place.

If by some reason he gets in, nothing stops me from getting him. Ever since DLC was announced I made sure that I'd get all characters and stages, so he wouldn't be an exception.

As for Yokai Watch, I don't find the series to be particularly interesting to me. It's just another monster raising JRPG, except it's centered on youkai and with a dose of cuteness added on top. Not to mention it has yet to release in Europe (only in 2016).

I want Xenoblade Chronicles X less because of the removal of breast slider.
Yes, it bothers me enough to not want the game. In a game where you play as whatever character you want, removing an option that, let's be honest, is pretty damn important for a female lead, is really upsetting.

But I still would really like to have it D:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just imagine the controversy when Nintendo removes the same sex marriage option from Fire Emblem: Fates. Though I seriously doubt that will happen since NoA was the one who announced this feature to begin with.

I want my Kamui to marry Zero even if it costs the production of a child. He's just too perfect to ignore some nice he's voiced by Dio Freaking Brando (Here's to hoping his English VA is good).

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes, it bothers me enough to not want the game. In a game where you play as whatever character you want, removing an option that, let's be honest, is pretty damn important for a female lead, is really upsetting.

Glad you can get that off your chest.

I'll be honest; though X may be considered one of the breasts game of the year, it needs to boob out of the way for MGSV.

Pun about breasts

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Yeah, the breast slider was a stupid thing to remove and I disagree with the decision to do so, but it doesn't ruin the game for me.

I like a sci-fi post-apocalyptic story with mecha, a huge alien world to explore, the fact it's a Xenoblade game and the soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano. If that mouthful doesn't entice anyone to get this game, they're not appreciative of a grand epic. :shades:

And speaking of Xenoblade, there are Riki and Tatsu plush dolls. Adorablepons are adorable.

It's on the official Xenoblade X site, by the way. Here is the link: http://xenobladex.jp/special/sp-welcome20150428.html

The guy on the photo is Tetsuya Takahashi, the creator of Xenoblade.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

This is a single art.

9 days boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom