• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, the Mega challenge, huh.

Normal/Fighting
Larger claws, larger size, has 5 rings on his stomach (think Olympic Logo), more heavily built.

Imagine this, but upright.
Ground
Instead of the tyre pattern on his back and truck, it's now the catterpillar tracks of a tank.
Much larger in size - the size of an actual elephant and with larger tusks.
Becomes Alomamola.
Uh... let's not go there.

:231:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this time of the year it gets dark at around 4 PM in Sweden. No wonder the depression rates are so high.
And I thought getting dark at 5 PM was bad.

The day length changes must be even bigger in northern Europe.

Since when is that news? lol

They've been trying that for ages. XD

Going by that news article, however, it seems they're getting more serious about it.

I've been to Barcelona the last summer and they very much have their own cultural identity. Different language, the relative absence of Spanish flags (in favor of the regional flag), more regional media outlets and services compared to other places in Spain and such.

It may not seem much, but added together makes it feel it's a more distinct place from the rest of Spain. They even have their own Internet domain code! Most of the websites hosted in there use .cat instead of the usual .es.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of AC, how has Syndicate been? I haven't been hearing anything about falling through floors, so I'm hoping they learned their lesson.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That's not real, it's a shop poking fun at Bethesda AND AC Unity

Oh, good.

As is, I'm teetering on Fallout 4 as I've heard neither good nor bad things about it, only 'meh' things.

Someone told me you could traverse the entire world in about 10 minutes, and that sounds incredibly small to me unless there's some new mode of travel I don't know about.

Someone else told me there's very little difference between Fallout 3 and 4, at least not enough to make you want to go out and pay for a whole new game.

Help me make up my mind :073:

Chrono.

Speaking of AC, how has Syndicate been? I haven't been hearing anything about falling through floors, so I'm hoping they learned their lesson.
General consensus seems to be "well it's not as bad as Unity".

Last edited:

Chrono.

I wonder how accurate this is.

(there's no real spoilers here don't worry but if you dont wanna see the overworld then you shouldn't watch)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How about Mega Chandelure to boost its already high Sp. Attack for maximum destruction and soul-burning?

As for the design, make it a more elaborated chandelier with even more flames.

Soul.

Mega Mew would prolly have base 120 or 130 in everything except HP. I'd lean towards base 120.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder how accurate this is.

(there's no real spoilers here don't worry but if you dont wanna see the overworld then you shouldn't watch)
Dunno how accurate it is, but I do know that X is ****ing ginormous. Stated to be 5 times bigger than the original.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I had some ideas for Pokémon type combinations:
Dark/Fairy - Something seemingly cute, but suspicious at the same time. Something Mawile-like could work.
Ice/Fairy - How about some kind of Snowball? Something Swirlix-like.
Dragon/Fairy - Some mystic dragon.
Electric/Dark - Some kind of Anglerfish that lives in deep (not underwater) caves.
Electric/Psychic - A brain.
Electric/Grass - How about a potato battery?
Grass/Dragon - Some ancient dragon with plants and grass grown over it.
Fire/Grass - A CHILI PEPPER. Or a nettle.
Steel/Ice - I really think Glalie could have this type, but It would give him more weaknesses.
Bug/Dark - Some Pokémon that's based on a black widow.
Bug/Dragon - How about Mega Yanmega? I mean, it's a Dragonfly.
Bug/Ice - For some reason, I'd like to see some kind of Ice-Butterfly.
Bug/Psychic - It could be based on some kind of moth with hypnotic eyes on its wings.
Poison/Psychic - ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
Poison/Fire - Why do I have the idea of a burning frog?
Poison/Rock - A scorpion could it be.
Fighting/Ghost - This guy.
Normal/Dark - I can imagine a Raccoon Pokémon.
Normal/Ice - Some snow wolf/rabbit/fox.
Normal/Steel - An armadillo.
Normal/Ghost - I like the Opossum idea.
Normal/Rock - Another armadillo.
Normal/Poison - How about a Platypus?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
No love for Mega Lapras? Not the best at coming up with designs or such, but personally I'm surprised it hasn't gotten one already. It's definitely gotten a ton of focus throughout the series; you even get one in X/Y as a gift.

Also, either a 'possum or Schrödinger's-cat-inspired Normal/Ghost-type would be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People can't read.

The challenge failed.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh, good.

As is, I'm teetering on Fallout 4 as I've heard neither good nor bad things about it, only 'meh' things.

Someone told me you could traverse the entire world in about 10 minutes, and that sounds incredibly small to me unless there's some new mode of travel I don't know about.

Someone else told me there's very little difference between Fallout 3 and 4, at least not enough to make you want to go out and pay for a whole new game.

Help me make up my mind :073:
How have you heard neither good nor bad? Almost every game review site is giving it 9/10 or 9.5/10. If you like any of the previous entries, you're probably gonna like this one. If you hate those games because they have bugs... well this game is going to have the same issues. When you create an open world and let the player have freedom, you're going to have a LOT of bugs, unfortunately.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
How have you heard neither good nor bad? Almost every game review site is giving it 9/10 or 9.5/10. If you like any of the previous entries, you're probably gonna like this one. If you hate those games because they have bugs... well this game is going to have the same issues. When you create an open world and let the player have freedom, you're going to have a LOT of bugs, unfortunately.
I don't trust game review sites. Ever since IGN's Kane and Lynch scandal, I'm too far gone on the suspicion that those numbers are bought and sold and I'm better off hearing from people I know who've actually played the games, or by watching trailers with a substantial amount of gameplay footage.

I've only seen two trailers so far, and both were largely cinematic. That's often a huge red flag to me, though I can think of plenty of examples of games with mostly cinematic trailers that still paid off well so it's not enough for me to completely write it off.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Day one of Swamp's Mega Pokemon challenge, eh?

Where's the microtransaction that gives me 100 clues/tries/slots/whatever for 20 dollars?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno about any rules
Because I was lazy and skipped 8 pages
But I know I'll make Mega concepts for the Legendaries on the dahs of their Gens
Because if Etrian Odyssey has taught me anything it's how to design broken super bosses

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So Fallout 4.

Apparently the game has a ton of from drops in different places and is a train wreck on PS4.

So much for hyping that game up lol :p
A game being **** at launch? What a surprise.
...No, really. The hell is it with AAA companies and not knowing how to make the things they're known for? First the PC ports of Arkham Knight and BOIII, and now this.

Chrono.

It has come to my attention that the no face glitch in Fallout 4 WAS real and not some shop...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oops KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian

On the kinda bright side is that it's apparently only on the PC version so... hurray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom