• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Mega Raichu would be just as adorable as vanilla Raichu but it would probably get more obvious lightning stuff on its body. I guess.

Obviously not an obscene stat increase; SpA, Spe and maybe Def because it's so frail.

In VGC Raichu is, as far as I know, used as an annoying Pokémon with Fake Out and Encore. While it can attack it's not really what it wants to do. It just wants to Fake Out and lock you with Encore.

As for abilities, I'm not sure. Knowing Game Freak, it'll be another Electric-type ability.

So basically, annoyer + special attacker, not broken.

I say VGC because muh official meta. Seriously though I hope Mega Raichu is a thing; just make it usable (i.e viable).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So far we've made...

Mega Sandslash
Mega Marowak
Mega Nidoking
Mega Arbok
Mega Electrode

I like this.

Let's keep it going.

Also big thanks to the mod who changed the title. I appreciate it.
No problem. :p

I just really like the idea, plus it's a nice community effort type of thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mega Starmie

Becomes invincible to everything except kryptonite and magic

Increased strength and speed

Type: ???

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Type combos wise though, I'm amazed we're at 6 generations and not a single Fire/Poison, Bug/Dark, or Electric/Rock type.

And with a quick trip to Bulbapedia, I have a fun game for us to mess around with. I've grabbed all the type combinations that haven't been used yet. For fun and to kill in-between-leak-time we could fill them all in with quick Pokemon descriptions/ideas. I've gone ahead and included the three Rotom-Forme exclusive types and the two Mega-Evolution exclusive types, as I personally don't count those.

Dark/Fairy -
Ice/Fairy -
Dragon/Fairy -
Electric/Dark -
Electric/Psychic -
Electric/Fire -
Electric/Ice -
Electric/Grass -
Grass/Dragon -
Fire/Fairy -
Fire/Ice -
Fire/Grass -
Steel/Ice -
Ghost/Fairy -
Bug/Fairy -
Bug/Dark -
Bug/Dragon -
Bug/Ice -
Bug/Psychic -
Rock/Electric -
Rock/Ghost -
Ground/Fairy -
Poison/Fairy -
Poison/Ice -
Poison/Psychic -
Poison/Electric -
Poison/Fire -
Poison/Steel -
Poison/Rock -
Fighting/Fairy -
Fighting/Dragon -
Fighting/Ice -
Fighting/Electric -
Fighting/Ghost -
Fighting/Ground -
Normal/Dark -
Normal/Dragon -
Normal/Ice -
Normal/Steel -
Normal/Ghost -
Normal/Bug -
Normal/Rock -
Normal/Poison -

Edit: Welp, since I started typing this it looks like a different Pokemon-related game started up. If everyone's more interested in doing that one I can go ahead and nix mine.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
OOOOKAY THEN.

So finally played and beat Undertale.

...I can see why people love it. .-.

Now onto the second playthrough...

Now to not kill anything... Literally the only person I killed was Torial and oh my god I regretted that then and REALLY regret it now.
Now to show that stupid ass of a flower that I CAN survive without killing... see where this goes.
I have not been this disturbed by a boss since Gigyas, holy ****...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Type combos wise though, I'm amazed we're at 6 generations and not a single Fire/Poison, Bug/Dark, or Electric/Rock type.

And with a quick trip to Bulbapedia, I have a fun game for us to mess around with. I've grabbed all the type combinations that haven't been used yet. For fun and to kill in-between-leak-time we could fill them all in with quick Pokemon descriptions/ideas. I've gone ahead and included the three Rotom-Forme exclusive types and the two Mega-Evolution exclusive types, as I personally don't count those.

Dark/Fairy -
Ice/Fairy -
Dragon/Fairy -
Electric/Dark -
Electric/Psychic -
Electric/Fire -
Electric/Ice -
Electric/Grass -
Grass/Dragon -
Fire/Fairy -
Fire/Ice -
Fire/Grass -
Steel/Ice -
Ghost/Fairy -
Bug/Fairy -
Bug/Dark -
Bug/Dragon -
Bug/Ice -
Bug/Psychic -
Rock/Electric -
Rock/Ghost -
Ground/Fairy -
Poison/Fairy -
Poison/Ice -
Poison/Psychic -
Poison/Electric -
Poison/Fire -
Poison/Steel -
Poison/Rock -
Fighting/Fairy -
Fighting/Dragon -
Fighting/Ice -
Fighting/Electric -
Fighting/Ghost -
Fighting/Ground -
Normal/Dark -
Normal/Dragon -
Normal/Ice -
Normal/Steel -
Normal/Ghost -
Normal/Bug -
Normal/Rock -
Normal/Poison -

Edit: Welp, since I started typing this it looks like a different Pokemon-related game started up. If everyone's more interested in doing that one I can go ahead and nix mine.
Like most Pokemon fans, I'm sure, I've had several Pokemon idea over the years, many of which comprised of unique type combos. I'll just mention one of my older ideas though that first popped into my head when I read your post....

Fire/Grass type "Pepper" pokemon.

Silly, I know, but it's about the most obvious way to combine these two types.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, did anything noteworthy happen for the thread to jump about 8 pages since last night?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Mega Parasect

The mushroom controlling Parasect completely takes over, and Parasect begins to rot. Its eyes are glazed and its mouth hangs open. The mushroom is more white than red, and Parasects body has a blue tinge.

It is now Bug/Ghost and has the ability Mindless, which grants it immunity to a wide range of Status moves like Taunt, Swagger, Disable, Encore, Roar, the 'Room' moves, Torment and more.

Parasect gets a boost in Attack, huge HP with a down grade of 30 in SpA.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

So this is an interesting crossover!
I've noticed a lot of Toon Link love from Nintendo and friends lately. Wind Waker content being the main selling point of Hyrule Warriors Legends, Tri Force Heroes using the Toon art style, Pirate Ship making a return in the most recent Smash DLC patch, and now there's this. Makes me feel really happy.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know how "Adhesive medical strips" are refered to as "Band-Aid's" even though that's only 1 brand of them?

Well, that's called "genericized trademark" and is actually something companies don't like

They try and avoid it.

I knew this existed, but I never knew companies didn't like it. I figured everyone just calling them "Band-Aid's" would help focus people to more likely buy that brand

Spatman

Smash Ace
They shouldn't even be considered until a certain other tag-team come back.
Other unpopular opinions:
I think we live much better without ICs...and I'm one of the few who played their game, when I was a child! I loved it.

I strongly believe no indie characters deserve a slot in Smash, and moreover among the third party characters only Snake and Rayman deserve to be guest stars. Not Layton and for the God sake, not Phoenix Wright! Lastly, I really hate Bomberman' design

Mario, Pokemon and Zelda won't ever be overrepped: for me, both Pokemon and Zelda deserve some more characters. If it was possible, I would do Pichu, Squirtle&Ivysaur coming back, but probably there are only 3 - 6 slots so I would replace all of them with Gengar. One Zelda newcomer now, and one for Smash5 (or rather Smash4 Ultra) are dued, for me.

At the same way, I believe DKC deserves other 2 characters (K Rool and Dixie). Even if probably K Rool is more alluring (and the main villain is ever more important than the third protagonist), I would give Dixie the priority: this for my personal taste, but also because Dixie is probably easier and faster to draw and design, and K Rool would be perfect to advertize Smash5

Same for Inklings, but maybe for them it's better to seize the day

Smash4 would be much much MUCH better if Little Mac didn't exist. I'd be ready to erase all his games if I could, in order to erase his presence from Smash

I actually don't understand why the vast majority of voters voted for 3rd party characters on the Smash Ballot. I consider it a betrieving of the original spirit of the series: come on, it's supposed to be an encyclopedie of Nintendo history! The only exceptions have to be characters hyperhistorycal (with a certain connection with Nintendo), not an indie character who was born last year and has only a game of his own!

Dr Mario is a wonderful character, so he should be a staple of smash series. Instead Lucina has to be declassified to a simple alt skin for Marth (Robin must remain). Dark Pit has to be strongly declonified

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so it seems you guys are doing Mega OCs(donut steel)
Lemme join in too
Also, I dunno if you guys know this but all Megas get a base stat boost of 100
Including stat losses as well
And no Mega has gotten HP boosts yet(for obvious reasons)
Mega Arceus
Type: Normal
Ability: Omnitype-Grants the Pokemon all types during battle(including typeless), allowing to get STAB from any move
Boost of 20 to each of its defenses, 40 to each of its attacks and a downgrade of 20 on its speed
EDIT: I realized this was too easy, so let me add some things
Omnitype affects Judgement
Omnitype also ignores a Pokemon's immunity
And it makes Hidden Power "typeless", ignoring reaistances and weaknesses
HAVE FUN!

Mega White/Black Kyurem(Kyurem must be fused with one of them)
Type: Dragon/Ice
Item: Black/White Stone(the other half to complete the Original Dragon)
Ability: Default Blizzard-Kyurem summons a snowstorm that negates all other abilities
Final stats will change depending on whether White or Black Kyurem Mega evolved and gets a 50 Attack boost(if Black) and a Sp. Attack boost(if White) while the other drops by 10, and both defenses get a 30 stat boost to them

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If ANY mega gets a boost to HP

It'd probably be Ditto

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ok, so it seems you guys are doing Mega OCs(donut steel)
Lemme join in too
Also, I dunno if you guys know this but all Megas get a base stat boost of 100
Including stat losses as well
And no Mega has gotten HP boosts yet(for obvious reasons)
Mega Arceus
Type: Normal
Ability: Omnitype-Grants the Pokemon all types during battle, allowing to get STAB from any move
Boost of 20 to each of its defenses, 40 to each of its attacks and a downgrade of 20 on its speed

Mega White/Black Kyurem(Kyurem must be fused with one of them)
Type: Dragon/Ice
Item: Black/White Stone(the other half to complete the Original Dragon)
Ability: Default Blizzard-Kyurem summons a snowstorm that negates all other abilities
Final stats will change depending on whether White or Black Kyurem Mega evolved and gets a 50 Attack boost(if Black) and a Sp. Attack boost(if White) while the other drops by 10, and both defenses get a 30 stat boost to them
We're dping Gen 1 Megas but that's okay.

Your 2 Megas just broke the metagame though haha.

I like Megas when they're used to make bad/medium Pokemon good. Not good Pokemon better.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Other unpopular opinions:
I think we live much better without ICs...and I'm one of the few who played their game, when I was a child! I loved it.

I strongly believe no indie characters deserve a slot in Smash, and moreover among the third party characters only Snake and Rayman deserve to be guest stars. Not Layton and for the God sake, not Phoenix Wright! Lastly, I really hate Bomberman' design

Mario, Pokemon and Zelda won't ever be overrepped: for me, both Pokemon and Zelda deserve some more characters. If it was possible, I would do Pichu, Squirtle&Ivysaur coming back, but probably there are only 3 - 6 slots so I would replace all of them with Gengar. One Zelda newcomer now, and one for Smash5 (or rather Smash4 Ultra) are dued, for me.

At the same way, I believe DKC deserves other 2 characters (K Rool and Dixie). Even if probably K Rool is more alluring (and the main villain is ever more important than the third protagonist), I would give Dixie the priority: this for my personal taste, but also because Dixie is probably easier and faster to draw and design, and K Rool would be perfect to advertize Smash5

Same for Inklings, but maybe for them it's better to seize the day

Smash4 would be much much MUCH better if Little Mac didn't exist. I'd be ready to erase all his games if I could, in order to erase his presence from Smash

I actually don't understand why the vast majority of voters voted for 3rd party characters on the Smash Ballot. I consider it a betrieving of the original spirit of the series: come on, it's supposed to be an encyclopedie of Nintendo history! The only exceptions have to be characters hyperhistorycal (with a certain connection with Nintendo), not an indie character who was born last year and has only a game of his own!

Dr Mario is a wonderful character, so he should be a staple of smash series. Instead Lucina has to be declassified to a simple alt skin for Marth (Robin must remain). Dark Pit has to be strongly declonified
First off, the whole thing about characters deserving has become synonymous with "I want this character" in the Smash speculation community. I think it's time to outgrow that mentality. There is no character nor series that "deserves" representation. They get it because it makes sense for the development team or because it makes sense. Nothing about "deserve". God, I'm starting to hate that word.

I discuss the actual process that Sakurai has stated for selecting characters, here. There is a notion of balancing representation among the series, but in reality it's probably balancing all the series with each other (and in fact, that's why Wario didn't make it into Melee). I doubt Sakurai is going "OH! Zelda sold this many games so they need to have an additional fighter!". It's looking at the big picture within each series.

For Donkey Kong Country you could make an argument that all you need is Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool and Dixie would be make the most sense for Smash if DKC were to get additional representation, but what's the point of adding character representation if they are just going to fill in imaginary boxes that have been made by fans?

I don't get your hate for Little Mac. He's an important part of Nintendo's history, and represents a franchise that actually has a future. It's not about picking characters to represent sales 1 to 1. You need a variety you need to have stuff for the weirdos who like one thing. Sakurai discusses this very issue in "Don't Need This, Don't Need That"

On third party characters...

Sakurai has never said that it was a requirement for characters to have a certain connection with Nintendo.

Here's what he said:
“Manga characters will not join the battle (obviously).
While it’s true that we’ve added characters from other companies,
It’s not going to be anyone and everyone.

Smash is a game that’s made from everyone’s effort.
Both companies have to want the character to join the battle.
I need them to let me take charge of the character.

In order to fit the character into the world of Smash, I need them to allow me some artistic license.
The character must carry game history with them.
Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform.

At any rate, there will probably only be one or two more.” –Toukouken #3
Full page here. Therefore the spirit of third party characters is just to be an iconic guest that carries game history with them.

D

Deleted member

We're dping Gen 1 Megas but that's okay.

Your 2 Megas just broke the metagame though haha.

I like Megas when they're used to make bad/medium Pokemon good. Not good Pokemon better.
Well, you see, that happens when I skip 8 pages :p

Also, I designed them as Super Bosses
Pokemon needs actual Pokemon as bosses instead of just catching them
So I made them as broken as possible

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would also like things in pokemon you fight that aren't pokemon

Such as the rocket machines from the anime and card games

Chrono.

Yeah it'd be nice if Pokemon had actual supebosses as opposed to one trainer with high level pkmn at the end.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I don't get your hate for Little Mac.
matches involving Little Mac are terribly annoying and boring.
For example, this friday in a tournament I played against a Little Mac and the whole fight was "I wait upon a platform while You try to reach me" (but of course, it was impossible to reach me). Simply fighting with and against Little Mac actually means play a whole different game, not Smash Bros. A game much much more boring

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
matches involving Little Mac are terribly annoying and boring.
For example, this friday in a tournament I played against a Little Mac and the whole fight was "I wait upon a platform while You try to reach me" (but of course, it was impossible to reach me). Simply fighting with and against Little Mac actually means play a whole different game, not Smash Bros. A game much much more boring
You shouldn't base your opinion of a character on competitive play.
it will create a lot of unwarranted hatred for totally decent characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is this chemical found in some kind of cactus or whatever that is SO spicy, as little as 10g of the stuff will kill a human

It's 16 billion on the SHU scale

For scale, Habenero's are 350,000 SHU at peak spicy

Edit: But Habeneros are more SALTY if you know what I mean

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
You shouldn't base your opinion of a character on competitive play.
it will create a lot of unwarranted hatred for totally decent characters.
but also in free_for_all with items on Little Macs play in a way I really dislike. And, in this mode, it's even worse: it's literally enough to spam smash attacks to take the most high number of stocks and win the match. With absolutely no fun at all, for me. And this is the reason why I hate Little Mac in Smash so bad that now I hate the character himself

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
but also in free_for_all with items on Little Macs play in a way I really dislike. And, in this mode, it's even worse: it's literally enough to spam smash attacks to take the most high number of stocks and win the match. With absolutely no fun at all, for me. And this is the reason why I hate Little Mac in Smash so bad that now I hate the character himself
As someone once told me:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
First off, the whole thing about characters deserving has become synonymous with "I want this character" in the Smash speculation community. I think it's time to outgrow that mentality. There is no character nor series that "deserves" representation. They get it because it makes sense for the development team or because it makes sense. Nothing about "deserve". God, I'm starting to hate that word.

For Donkey Kong Country you could make an argument that all you need is Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool and Dixie would be make the most sense for Smash if DKC were to get additional representation, but what's the point of adding character representation if they are just going to fill in imaginary boxes that have been made by fans?
To be honest, "speculation" is another word that needs to change. lol

Khoru

Smash Champion

Dark/Fairy -
Ice/Fairy -
Dragon/Fairy -
Electric/Dark -
Electric/Psychic -
Electric/Fire -
Electric/Ice -
Electric/Grass -
Grass/Dragon -
Fire/Fairy -
Fire/Ice -
Fire/Grass -
Steel/Ice -
Ghost/Fairy -
Bug/Fairy -
Bug/Dark -
Bug/Dragon -
Bug/Ice -
Bug/Psychic -
Rock/Electric -
Rock/Ghost -
Ground/Fairy -
Poison/Fairy -
Poison/Ice -
Poison/Psychic -
Poison/Electric -
Poison/Fire -
Poison/Steel -
Poison/Rock -
Fighting/Fairy -
Fighting/Dragon -
Fighting/Ice -
Fighting/Electric -
Fighting/Ghost -
Fighting/Ground -
Normal/Dark -
Normal/Dragon -
Normal/Ice -
Normal/Steel -
Normal/Ghost -
Normal/Bug -
Normal/Rock -
Normal/Poison -

i've done some of these but i don't remember all of them
dark/fairy - kobold
electric/psychic - neuron
grass/dragon - literal snapdragon
bug/fairy - orchid mantis
bug/dark - cockroach, fly, whatever
ground/fairy - gnome
poison/fairy - NUCKELAVEE
poison/rock - a bacteriophage with a gem for a head
normal/dragon - tatzelwurm
normal/ghost - schrodinger's cat

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Normal/Ghost would be a very interesting typing since it means the mon in question is immune to both of its typings(unless Scrappy or Foresight) plus Fighting and only weak to Dark. It's a deceptively useful type combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom