• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll have to write up my full thoughts on SSB4/2015 tomorrow. Introspective and analysis is way too much fun.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I promised a while back I would be back after I had my fill with X content for then. And I was going to do that.

But you see, it was after christmas. So I had gotten a new game called Stella Glow.

And now that game has eaten up most of my time.

Especially since it is a strategy RPG.

I can't help it though, it's pretty fun. Honestly didn't expect much from it despite hearing the good reviews, (which is why I got it in the first place), but I was pleasantly surprised.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So I just ran into a Japanese tier list
Lucas and Kriby is C tier. When they both should be B. Mewtwo being better than both Roy and Shulk.Japan tier list is kinda odd. *Zelda,mii sword fighter, and samus at the bottom* Nevermind

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, here's a comic.

d26.png

:laugh:

Sorry if someone already posted it, but it's just that good.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So, here's a comic.

:laugh:

Sorry if someone already posted it, but it's just that good.
God, can you imagine if the Lego Game craze continues to a point it's so iconic that it gets a Lego Block item in Smash Brothers? 200 percent damage instantly. Sent flying off the screen to your death at 0 percent.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Diddy and Sonic are both A ranks still.
This is the ONLY time I've seen Villager or Meta Knight rank so highly.
Mewtwo is far above where he should be. Jiggs and Junior should be higher up.
The fact that LITTLE MAC IS C+ is a glaring part right there.

Edit: there's PLENTY more, but those are just some of the glaring bits

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God, can you imagine if the Lego Game craze continues to a point it's so iconic that it gets a Lego Block item in Smash Brothers? 200 percent damage instantly. Sent flying off the screen to your death at 0 percent.
Or even this:

I'm not even kidding either, A lego rep would be really funny imo and could work. Would never happen but still. The lego games are done pretty fun and done really well.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hey I'm no longer pranked, and just in time for me to make this post and show off that I've become a Smash Champion!

Anyway I have a challenge for you.

Think of an iconic 3rd party video game character that could be added in a future Smash game.

You just have to follow these rules.
•No characters from series already in Smash
•No characters that come from non Japanese company's
•No Konami, Microsoft or Sony characters
•No characters we know Sakurai has considered (Heihachi)
•No characters that break Sakurai's rules for 3rd party characters

Go!
Definitely Professor Layton comes to mind. Perhaps that could be my bias speaking, but he follows all those rules.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm not even going to bother debating why Mewtwo is a good character (and better than awful characters like Shulk and mediocre ones like Roy). If I say anything it's going to run back to "HIS WEIGHT LOL" and nothing else.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
heihachi tho
Tekken is definitely the outlier, but that's more due to the fact that the series is one that runs on villain protags. Both Kazuya and Heihachi, the two "protag" characters of the series are both generally awful/villainous. At least Soul Calibur has a Siegfried who isn't a villain to rep it, athough Nightmare is definitely more iconic.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
But who would you cut? A 60+ roster is going to be hard to pull off.
Hmm good question:

:4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4drmario:and :4bayonetta:

In all seriousness...

:4bayonetta: - Don't get me wrong, I just felt she was completely unnecessary to add and I felt she could end up pulling a Snake. Plus I dislike her, so there's more to it

COME AT ME!

:4drmario: - You got a Mario and Doc. There's no need to have two of the same characters even though someone's probably gonna argue the whole Link/Young Link from Melee

50/50
:4cloud::4ryu: - Depends on licensing. They could end up pulling a Snake
:4corrin: - Depends on what the series looks like by then. He could be still popular for Smash, or just a one-time thing like they did with Roy. I'd like to keep him with his unique moveset

Everyone else I'd rather keep with Dark Pit and Lucina getting semi-clone movesets

No Bandana Dee? 0/10
I knew I was missing someone

Except I'm not 100% sure how much in favor he will be for the next Smash depends on how popular he is. By that time, Kirby would end up needing a 4th character

Ridley,isaac and k rool will always be talked about in smash specaulation wont they
Until they get in to shut the haters up most likely

I'm watching "History of Power Rangers: Mega Force"

and I'm surprised how much of Mega Force I actually watched. I recognize a lot of what he's talking about in it
Where did you find that at? I'm curious about it since I actually hated MegaForce/Super MegaForce and maybe try to get a second chance at it

Goldy pls.

I can't stand Linkara for a few reasons but I do sort of like his HOPR stuff.

My legit complaint is how much he goes off on rants about the show instead of just going in depth and explaining the plot and characters.

Plus I kinda do understand why he's not relying on using information on their Sentai counterparts but I would love to see some major comparisons with each series especially with Carranger & Turbo and Timeranger & Time Force
If I hear Gokaiger/Super Megaforce, I'm going to end up bringing my guns out

Didn't we all do stuff in highschool/ early college we regret?
I had sex and got engaged a year and one month later

Thank goodness my ex dumped me because he wasn't worth all the **** to put up with

Zelda can't catch a break can't she?

Holy **** Marth went LOW. I'm more disappointed with Roy going low tier again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I seriously doubt they would cut Ryu, he's popular, iconic, and I don't think it was to hard to get him in the game. Capcom and Nintendo are on good terms.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
-Mewtwo's placement is pretty surprising compared to the west's view on him, but considering that from what I've heard he's putting out some decent showings over in Japan, I can understand that placement. The recent buffs he got from the patch also probably helped him get that spot.
-On that same note however, I'm surprised Greninja is on the lower end of mid tier considering he has better showings in Japan then the West, I guess the poor frog just can't catch a break anywhere...
-Bowser I think is a bit too high, the buff helps him, but I can't see it mitigate his flaws that much.

Other then that, I pretty much agree with the top and high tier placements (Cloud I'm a bit skeptical on, but he has had good showings so far), though I could see a few mid and low tier characters get shuffled around.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So in SF5, apparently Waluigi is one of the bosses in the game.

From that I'm guessing each character's story mode will have a different final boss (i.e Bison, Vega, Waluigi and perma V-trigger Necalli) or they will be condition based.
inb4 the "MAI, MAI~ IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE ALREADY CHOEKEENG. TUU MINITS. I'LL FEENISH YOU IN TUU MINITS." line is from Waluigi pulling a "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!" during the *Insert Boss here* fight

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So earlier today I was playing team matches on for glory. Needless to say, I learned that Cloud and Ness( even though the ness was spammy) can make a pretty terrifying combo. I felt kind of bad for the outcome here, but at the same time it's hilarious:

Also please mind the quality, I shot it with my laptop camera. Which is also the staticey sound you hear, it's motor was running slightly loud.

I think this could actually become like the villager and Ness combos people have been doing. As long as the ness player doesn't spam like this.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I honestly can't see the four veterans that returned getting cut again.
:4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:
There's reasons that each of them got back.
Even Dr.Mario and that is for his variety in the way he plays that and you know Mario is Nintendo's Poster boy so he deserves a clone. And Doc is way better than someone like Metal or Gold Mario.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't want any cuts. I just want more.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey I'm no longer pranked, and just in time for me to make this post and show off that I've become a Smash Champion!

Anyway I have a challenge for you.

Think of an iconic 3rd party video game character that could be added in a future Smash game.

You just have to follow these rules.
•No characters from series already in Smash
•No characters that come from non Japanese company's
•No Konami, Microsoft or Sony characters
•No characters we know Sakurai has considered (Heihachi)
•No characters that break Sakurai's rules for 3rd party characters

Go!
Jack Frost, Jibanyan.

Chrono.

I finished XCX's Main Story.

The ending had me like

Okay all this **** is gonna need a sequel to explain because holy ****.

I don't even know where to start but I did not expect them to go all Marvel on my ass. The ending seemed so happy and then bam, humanity is likely "dead".

EXCEPT they aren't because freaking Lao is somehow alive, some dude from KH's Org XIII shows up but we only see them walk

I feel like this will never get a sequel but you never know, they already set it up...

Anyways the final boss fights were fun and I kept wonder when The Key We've Lost would show up. I was not disappointed.

Btw, Lao is best character, Elma's Xeno form is basically KOS-MOS (also wtf species is she?), Lin was pretty great, Tatsu wasn't as annoying as I expected, L is almost the biggest question mark of the game but w/e.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know an argument that bothered me that was always brought up around Veterans being DLC.
And it became most notable to me when Roy got Data-mined.
For Example it went something sort of like this:
Why would anyone want Roy as DLC he's in Melee just go and play him in that game.
Not only is it a stupid argument in general but as we have seen from Roy bringing them back is a chance to give the an over-hall and make differ from the previous iterations.
Not to mention this argument would mean only newcomers would be in each game.
It's an argument that I always thought was quite stupid.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I finished XCX's Main Story.

The ending had me like

Okay all this **** is gonna need a sequel to explain because holy ****.

I don't even know where to start but I did not expect them to go all Marvel on my ***. The ending seemed so happy and then bam, humanity is likely "dead".

EXCEPT they aren't because freaking Lao is somehow alive, some dude from KH's Org XIII shows up but we only see them walk

I feel like this will never get a sequel but you never know, they already set it up...

Anyways the final boss fights were fun and I kept wonder when The Key We've Lost would show up. I was not disappointed.

Btw, Lao is best character, Elma's Xeno form is basically KOS-MOS (also wtf species is she?), Lin was pretty great, Tatsu wasn't as annoying as I expected, L is almost the biggest question mark of the game but w/e.
I have a feeling next game is gonna tie together the original and X while answering questions.
Lao is my fave, Mercer did a fantastic job. Chapter 11 is so good.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Now that Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is out and on the web, I have to say it looks boring. The story is uninspired (They could've done SO MUCH MORE with Paper Mario instead of "Paper Bowser meets Other Bowser and they team up"), the bosses are taken straight from the main games, and most of it is taken from the New Super Mario Series (Using the Koopalings as bosses? While it makes sense given their recent rise to popularity, I was hoping more of the bosses would either be from or original to the Mario and Luigi series (In the vein of Cackletta, the Shroobs, the inside of Bowser's body, and the Dream monsters) or from Paper Mario (Seriously, anybody from Paper Mario would've been great instead of Paper King Boo, especially when you fight the actual King Boo two boss fights later).

The Papercraft fights are cool, except for the random rhythm minigame you have to play to get Toad energy back. I get what they were going for, but it breaks the flow of battle entirely. One video I watched had Papercraft Mario in this intense boss fight, the setting and music were ominous, for it to all of a sudden break into this peppy-cheery song that shattered all of that.

Compared to other games in the franchise, Paper Jam just looks lackluster. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but the game seems to really lack that certain charm and originality the other Mario and Luigi games have. Seriously. If I wanted to fight the Koopalings, I'd go play Smash Bros, or Mario Kart, or New Super Mario Bros U.
The big secret boss is Dry Bowser. Is it just me or is that as lackluster as it gets? They had SO MUCH TO DRAW FROM. They had the entirety of Paper Mario (Count Bleck, Mr. L, Hooktail) and the Mario and Luigi series (Fawful, Cackletta, the Dark Star, they even could've done the Shroobs again) and they went with Dry Bowser.

/rant

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I just went to the store and as soon as I arrived I began to felt REALLY REALLY sick

I still feel vaguely like my stomach is going to empty itself from the wrong end any second now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom