• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Etika made a new video, Smash related.

It's about a certain controversial topic.

Tread carefully.

Haven't watched it, about to tho. Morbid curiosity and all.

EDIT: he used the website's DLC character placement as evidence

I can't
"It's delusional to think there will be more characters"
ok good maybe people will shut up and not exp-
>starts talking about getting a 3rd character
well at leas HE is the one calling himself delusional . . .

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
http://gonintendo.com/stories/249385-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-more-3ds-footage-d

The 3DS version of Rio 2016 only lets you play as specific characters in specific events. The only characters playable across all Events are Mario and Sonic. Everyone else is only playable in one or two.

Rosalina is only playable in Gymnastics...I mean don't get me wrong, she fits it best because dem legs and her body in general, but I want to play as her in everything.

I do think this is only for the 3DS version though. It says Rouge is exclusive to Golf, but we've seen her play volleyball on the Wii U version already. And there was apparently a leaked screenshot that was quickly removed of Rosalina swimming at one point.
I think you're right, as this was also the case in the 3DS version of London 2012. You see all of the characters in many different events in the E3 trailer too. Although this weird character thing for the 3DS version is stupid.

Cool Cat 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Mace yourselves :troll:

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
http://gonintendo.com/stories/249385-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-more-3ds-footage-d

The 3DS version of Rio 2016 only lets you play as specific characters in specific events. The only characters playable across all Events are Mario and Sonic. Everyone else is only playable in one or two.

Rosalina is only playable in Gymnastics...I mean don't get me wrong, she fits it best because dem legs and her body in general, but I want to play as her in everything.

I do think this is only for the 3DS version though. It says Rouge is exclusive to Golf, but we've seen her play volleyball on the Wii U version already. And there was apparently a leaked screenshot that was quickly removed of Rosalina swimming at one point.
WHAT THE--?

:4ludwig::4wendy::4roy: and :4larry:are playable?!?

Best. Olympics. Ever. I'm happy Espio made the cut as well

I think it's possible they're playable in everything on the Wii U version. Just the 3DS version is most likely used for the storyline purpose? It feels weird but at least it's looking solid

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Tread carefully.

I can't
Truly a topic and Youtube channel our dear Burb Burb just adores.

This was bound to happen eventually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am very confused. Is the title suppose to have anything to do with the video? Is it saying that guns are useless because we have water? Is it saying that we should ban water as it hurts the eyes? Was that water suppose to be spray? Is this video the meaning of life?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That'd certainly explain why they went nuts with the amount of characters. Still doens't explain why they kept it at stuck at 20 for so long.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Saw the Malleo & Sanic trailer.

While I appreciate the humongous roster expansion, the fact it's still an Olympics game breaks the deal.

D

Deleted member

I am very confused. Is the title suppose to have anything to do with the video? Is it saying that guns are useless because we have water? Is it saying that we should ban water as it hurts the eyes? Was that water suppose to be spray? Is this video the meaning of life?
Oh, it makes perfect sense! Because Derek Savage's Die Hard sequel portrait is on the cover with him holding a gun!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Tread carefully.

I can't
I ****ing called it.

I literally called it and I'm really disappointed that Etika was the first to do this.

WHY?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also to point out @Etika (yep, this is his official account) made multiple mistakes with his theories

:4feroy: was never revealed in a general Direct but a Smash focused Direct
Sakurai stated that :4lucas: was brought back as a Brawl veteran same as Roy is a Melee vet.

Also I'm surprised he can actually edit up his videos. Which means all for naught.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Been playing Yo-Kai Watch...

And now I want Jibanyan in Smash. He's not a bad idea, either; Yo-Kai is bigger then Pokemon in Japan and seems to be popular in America. In Smash 5 I very well could see Jibanyan.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Tread carefully.

I can't

....well, uh.....at least he admits he's probably being delusional? :teeth:
Question time!

Who is the best Koopaling?

You should all know the answer to this one.

:4larry:

Either him or :4wendy:.

And even though he isn't one I still will always prefer :4bowserjr:.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Tread carefully.

I can't
Looks like Etika is going to have a nutty sandwich.

I don't know how Sakurai could have made it more obvious.

Related tweet:

I can't even.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question time!

I don't think any of them are particularly special in any way, they are all extremely one-note even for Mario characters, but I like the designs of :4roy:&:4ludwig: the most, as well as the voices.

---------------

So I won't say anything regarding Etika's theory, but I will say:

I never noticed before but that layout does cause me physical agony too. My inner designer is going crazy.

They should at least fix it, like this:

smashdlc.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only reason Ludwig is at all a prominent thought for me is because for some reason, some people have started shipping him with Rosalina like crazy, and it's actually gotten into some creepy territory lately with some of the fanart, which I end up seeing while exploring the Rosalina tag on tumblr...

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Looks like Etika is going to have a nutty sandwich.

I don't know how Sakurai could have made it more obvious.

Related tweet:

I can't even.
Golly, That guy has an AMAZING straw collection! I can't even grasp at all those straws!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only reason Ludwig is at all a prominent thought for me is because for some reason, some people have started shipping him with Rosalina like crazy, and it's actually gotten into some creepy territory lately with some of the fanart, which I end up seeing while exploring the Rosalina tag on tumblr...
Well he was originally Bowser's second-in command and next-in line to inheritance of the throne...

Until Miyamoto had to go and rettcon everything...

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well he was originally Bowser's second-in command and next-in line to inheritance of the throne...

To my knowledge, every source that stated Ludwig was second-in-command was Nintendo of America or complete outside sources and it was not actually part of the original story.

It's basically a headcanon that people just accept as word of God.

Honestly... At this point Bandana Dee's absence is stranger then Wolf's...
A character who's never been playable in Smash is a stranger omission than a popular veteran from a series with a major upcoming release?

Yeah, I can see why it's stranger to you, a Bandanna Dee supporter, but I'd like to think Bandanna Dee's absence isn't strange to anyone else.

Tread carefully.

I can't
Hold up......Etika made a video peddling a ridiculously stupid theory?

I'm shocked.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I gotta agree with ChikoLad ChikoLad

The Koopalings are honestly a real uninteresting bunch with even less interesting boss fights.

I don't even like Bowser Jr too much, but I'd take him over the Koopalings any day.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Question time!

:4ludwig::4larry::4bowserjr:and :4feroy:

I still can't see why people can't accept the fact Wolf is dead.
He'll come back. They always do

Been playing Yo-Kai Watch...

And now I want Jibanyan in Smash. He's not a bad idea, either; Yo-Kai is bigger then Pokemon in Japan and seems to be popular in America. In Smash 5 I very well could see Jibanyan.
Guess Yo-Kai is going to become the new Pokemon after all

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A character who's never been playable in Smash is a stranger omission than a popular veteran from a series with a major upcoming release?

Yeah, I can see why it's stranger to you, a Bandanna Dee supporter, but I'd like to think Bandanna Dee's absence isn't strange to anyone else.

Hold up......Etika made a video peddling a ridiculously stupid theory?

I'm shocked.
I was saying that, in other words, Wolf's absence isn't strange at all to me, I mean he at least has a trophy, custom moves, and an alternate costume. I just randomly brought up Bandana Dee as an example.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I listened to the wav I got from the paper jam bcstm and basically, well i am going to spoiler it because I technically do present expectations, but it;s not much really if I don;t know the story (well, I did found text, but I am not going to read them of course)

The ost is good, but I feel it;s "okay" overall because it feels lacking. mostly in quantity because DT and superstar saga despite me not liking their style, they felt VERY complete and diversed. This one.....it just feels that I want more because there isn;t enough. Some track are really good, but the overall it's just I did expected more especially for m&l let alone an rpg. It MIGHT be close to SS in terms of how complete the ost feels because SS having......not a good ost, it did had some diversity. This is what I feel for m&l, the ost is of course miles better than SS, but it still seems to have been handicaped by it.

Like for DT, I was mind blown hearing pajama mount dreamy version and then I started complaining on how the 3ds headphone amp sucks because I wanted to hear it louder. Although pj does seem to have tracks liek if I play would get in my head quickly, there's jsut not enough to what I feel would be the full potential of the game.

I guess you could say it that way, good ost, but the fact it could have been so much better makes it an okay one. I just had expectations because it's m&l, they are known for doing very diversed and complete ost, I might not like the style, but I have to agree they were diversed.

So, for m&l fans, I expect people to like the ost because it;s clearly m&l, but I still feel it won;t be as good as the other games.

I woudln't say it;s rushed however, that is clearly not rushed, it's quality, it;s just less than what I would expect in how much there is to it. SS to me did sounded rushed because I figured really weird and random stuff (that trumpet unbalance was very annoying btw).

Now, i do think the SS canvas reall didn;t helped there. They are clearly not SS inspired, but the quantity jsut seems to be. I mean thinking about it, what can you do with so little diversity in the areas? So I guess if you you view the ost, it really fits the game, but given its diversity, it jsut seems to lack.

Keep in mind, i wasn't able to rip the bcsar which I KNOW has little music in them, it;s just they really hate me :(

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You just made me die laughing and get filled with horrifying repressed memories all at the same time.

The sooner we can be done with Smash "news" the better, I never want this child touching this series again.

There's a good reason why it was called the FINAL presentation.
DAAAAAAHHHH BUT UM IT SAYS DA FINAL ONE DEDICTED TO SMASH DUH HUH, THAT DOESNT MEAN MORE NEWS WON'T HAPPEN IN A REGULAR DIRECT OR OUTSIDE OF ONE DUH HUH.

...Like I said, the sooner the better.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I don't see how that makes him a ship for Rosalina. I mean, SHE isn't royalty...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So me and a couple friends decided it would be fun to make anime smash roster.Using the 58 character limit we came up with
Dragon ball:Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo,Frieza
Naruto: Naruto,Saskue,Gaara,Rock lee
One piece: Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ace
Bleach: Ichigo, Toshiro hitsugaya,Kenpachi
Gurren Lagann:Simon the digger,yoko littner
Kil La Kill:Ryuko Matoi
Fullmetal Alchemist:Edward Elric
Fairy tail:Natsu Dragnell, Erza scarlet
Soul eater: Death the kid
Hunter X Hunter: Gon, Killua
Attack on titan:Eren Jaegar
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Dio Brando,Jotaro Kuji
Fist of the North Star: Kenshiro
Akame ga Kill: Akame
Yugioh: Yugi Muto
Dr.Slump: Arale norimaki
Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi,Hiei
Toriko: Toriko
Inuyasha: Inuyasha,Sesshomaru
Samurai X:Rurouni kenshin
Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon,Tuxedo Mask,Queen beryl
Samurai champloo: Mugen
Case Closed: Detective Conan
Assassination Classroom:Koro-sensei
Berserk: Guts
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Don patch
Astro boy:Astro boy
Kochikame: Kankichi Ryotsu
Gundam: Epyon,RX-0 Unicorn
Digimon:Augumon

DLC
Kuroko no basket: Tetsuya kuroko
Sword art Online: Kirito
Death Note: Light Yagami
Dragon ball: Gohan
One piece: Doflamingo
D.Gray Man: Allen Walker
One Punch Man: Saitama
Thoughts?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Of course!

Have we forgotten how bias for your preferred character utterly trumps logic in this community, particularly with those that are real hardcore fans? :p

Chrono.

So me and a couple friends decided it would be fun to make anime smash roster.Using the 58 character limit we came up with
Dragon ball:Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo,Frieza
Naruto: Naruto,Saskue,Gaara,Rock lee
One piece: Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ace
Bleach: Ichigo, Toshiro hitsugaya,Kenpachi
Gurren Lagann:Simon the digger,yoko littner
Kil La Kill:Ryuko Matoi
Fullmetal Alchemist:Edward Elric
Fairy tail:Natsu Dragnell, Erza scarlet
Soul eater: Death the kid
Hunter X Hunter: Gon, Killua
Attack on titan:Eren Jaegar
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Dio Brando,Jotaro Kuji