• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is Smash related, right?

This was so one sided that he didn't need his brother, Crazy Hand to help him nor going full Master Core
Ignoring that One-Minute Melee doesn't do actual research on the fighters to determine who would win like Death Battle does, this is pretty damn accurate as if it was Death Battle.

Master Hand has always had a.....hands-on approach when it comes to fighting and his power is stated to be bordering on infinite. Polygon Man just couldn't get.....ahead in this round.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey Arle Nadja is in Mario Maker now.

Basically, another character gets in Mario Maker before Daisy. :troll:

Sorry, but it's begging for this joke. We have plenty of third-parties and other Mario and Nintendo characters... Even Shinya Arino!

And Daisy is still nowhere to be found. :laugh:

Chrono.

Still not as one-sided as Metal Sonic vs Bowser Jr.
Though I guess the point of that was to set up Mecha Sonic vs Bowser

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new Olympics does look nice. I haven't played it since the first one, but I'll probably be picking it up. The end to the trailer kills an amiibo line for me, but I still hope it happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just prefer the Winter Olympics Mario and Sonic game over all. It's pretty much the only video game series of merit that lets you play curling.

It sucks when your favorite sport is so often the butt of other people's jokes. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I the only one who thinks Mecha Sonic is so overrated in terms of how strong he would be?

I know they were referencing SMBZ more than anything, but that is a fan product. In actuality, Mecha Sonic was never that powerful. He's one of the easiest bosses in Sonic history, essentially being a slightly better Silver Sonic, who gets momentary Super power from the Master Emerald at one point. It really should have been one sided in Bowser Jr's favour of we went with Death Battle rules.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just prefer the Winter Olympics Mario and Sonic game over all. It's pretty much the only video game series of merit that lets you play curling.

It sucks when your favorite sport is so often the butt of other people's jokes. :p
I like theSummer Olympic events of 100m Dash, Swimming and Hirdles because how you can go insane with the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Also me and my friends always pick Sonic and Shadow when we do the 100m Dash.

2Fast 2Furious :4sonic:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Told ya it'd be good. :p

I'm only kidding Swamp-conscious you know I love you

Make no mistake, the game is still one of the finest examples of "wasted opportunity" for me. BUT, it's only fair to judge it on its own merits rather than my own expectations, and on its own merits it does look to be a good time.

I still just really hope both games don't keep going down the NSMB road like they're starting to do. I know I keep harping on that, but there's a reason people are sick of New Super Mario Bros, and I really don't want the same to be said about Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. I just want the series to still do their own thing rather than stick to that formula, y'know?

Last edited:

Chrono.

>Getting around to watching Charizard vs Agumon
>Suddenly Xenoblade X music

That was a nice surprise, and the Death Battle itself was alright (and expected).

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey Arle Nadja is in Mario Maker now.

I don't know if I should be happy or dreading that Sonic Team designed the level. :V

I jest. Tis a cool addition... but is that game a real thing? Because I may need that in my life, and I'm not even a puzzle game fanatic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm only kidding Swamp-conscious you know I love you

Make no mistake, the game is still one of the finest examples of "wasted opportunity" for me. BUT, it's only fair to judge it on its own merits rather than my own expectations, and on its own merits it does look to be a good time.

I still just really hope both games don't keep going down the NSMB road like they're starting to do. I know I keep harping on that, but there's a reason people are sick of New Super Mario Bros, and I really don't want the same to be said about Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. I just want the series to still do their own thing rather than stick to that formula, y'know?
I honestly think NSMBU is one of the best Mario games though. Better than SMB1-3 IMO, and very close to SMW for me, making it my second favourite 2D Mario. I would be totally OK with another if they start introducing character differentiation like 3D World, and make a bunch of characters playable.

Oh, and fix Yoshi. That's the one thing that stuck out to me like a sore thumb in the game.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I honestly think NSMBU is one of the best Mario games though. Better than SMB1-3 IMO, and very close to SMW for me, making it my second favourite 2D Mario. I would be totally OK with another if they start introducing character differentiation like 3D World, and make a bunch of characters playable.

Oh, and fix Yoshi. That's the one thing that stuck out to me like a sore thumb in the game.
My point isn't to bring the quality of the games into question. I mean, they're mainstream Mario, of course the games are fine!
I mainly mean that when you slap 'New' in front of 4 games that follow the exact same gameplay style, level progression, bosses, musical style, Player 1 is always Mario, "HEY YOU GUYS REMEMBER MARIO 3 THAT GAME WAS COOL RIGHT" etc, it gets a bit old more so than it gets new. I couldn't even bring myself to finish U because I got so bored.

I finished Luigi U though. That was a fun enough time.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My point isn't to bring the quality of the games into question. I mean, they're mainstream Mario, of course the games are fine!
I mainly mean that when you slap 'New' in front of 4 games that follow the exact same gameplay style, level progression, bosses, musical style, etc, it gets a bit old more so than it gets new.
Most people were fine with NSMBU though.

A lot of people are only sick of it because of NSMBWii and NSMB2 which felt too similar to the first game.

NSMBU made a bunch of cool additions though, it had fresh and new environments that were really vibrant and pretty, lots of new gameplay mechanics, a more SMW style world map, new modes like the Challenge Mode and Boost Mode, and of course, NSLU DLC. It's such a huge game and does legitimately stand way above the other entries (though the original deserves praise too for being the first one, and also for having some of the best bosses in a 2D Mario).

It's just unfortunately held back by the stigma of previous games. I myself likely would not have got it if not for the fact I got it for free with that MK8 Club Nintendo promotion.

D

Deleted member

This is Smash related, right?

This was so one sided that he didn't need his brother, Crazy Hand to help him nor going full Master Core
That was ****ing destruction. He hit him with freaking the stage of FD? lol that was a bit unrealistic on Master Hand's part for a lot of those moves, but I was still entertained.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Most people were fine with NSMBU though.

A lot of people are only sick of it because of NSMBWii and NSMB2 which felt too similar to the first game.

NSMBU made a bunch of cool additions though, it had fresh and new environments that were really vibrant and pretty, lots of new gameplay mechanics, a more SMW style world map, new modes like the Challenge Mode and Boost Mode, and of course, NSLU DLC. It's such a huge game and does legitimately stand way above the other entries (though the original deserves praise too for being the first one, and also for having some of the best bosses in a 2D Mario).

It's just unfortunately held back by the stigma of previous games. I myself likely would not have got it if not for the fact I got it for free with that MK8 Club Nintendo promotion.
Oh I don't deny that for a second. I put U miles above the others, it at least deviates a LITTLE bit.

But alas, I really was just worn out by that point.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That fight wasn't good in my opinion, don't like the fact that the title is an outright lie,I wanted to see an awesome fight between Boswer Jr and Canon Metal Sonic

Am I the only one who thinks Mecha Sonic is so overrated in terms of how strong he would be?

I know they were referencing SMBZ more than anything, but that is a fan product. In actuality, Mecha Sonic was never that powerful. He's one of the easiest bosses in Sonic history, essentially being a slightly better Silver Sonic, who gets momentary Super power from the Master Emerald at one point. It really should have been one sided in Bowser Jr's favour of we went with Death Battle rules.
Yes Mecha Sonic is overrated, I also didn't like how they used a fan created concept instead of the canon. Mecha Sonic in SMBZ is Metal Sonic, but seeing as the One Minute Melee isn't SMBZ, they shouldn't have used the Mecha Sonic from SMBZ

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Huh...
Doesn't seem like Pitto got a lot of development time put into him...
Which is unfortunate considering how unique he is. :/

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Time for another hypothetical:

Impa is made a fighter, and taking Hyrule Warriors inspiration ends up being a hybrid mix between Sheik and Ike. For those who main or frequently play the latter two, would you play Impa? Would you find her easy or difficult to use coming from Shike?

Chrono.

NSMBU is the only other NSMB game I've played, so I guess I never minded it too much.

I still think they could do way better though, I've seen people make more interesting courses in Mario Maker and that's using a limited toolbox.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wish Dark Pit had more development time... He could've been really unique with all the weapons Uprising has and the Lightning Chariot as his FS.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Etika made a new video, Smash related.

It's about a certain controversial topic.

Tread carefully.

Haven't watched it, about to tho. Morbid curiosity and all.

EDIT: he used the website's DLC character placement as evidence

I can't

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Because it's just not happening
That's how I felt about people like Robin and Bayo, yet they got in and I can't really complain at this point. I'd rather see Bayo get the cut in the next game, but at this point I most likely won't even buy her because I felt she's undeserving to be in Smash and that's me

If Bayo wasn't able to work, they would just take the next realistic person to become playable. Why Sakurai didn't put the time in bringing back Wolf bothers me

Tread carefully.

Wow he actually made a video without screaming

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Tread carefully.

Honestly... At this point Bandana Dee and Isaac's absences are stranger then Wolf's...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
http://gonintendo.com/stories/249385-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-more-3ds-footage-d

The 3DS version of Rio 2016 only lets you play as specific characters in specific events. The only characters playable across all Events are Mario and Sonic. Everyone else is only playable in one or two.

Rosalina is only playable in Gymnastics...I mean don't get me wrong, she fits it best because dem legs and her body in general, but I want to play as her in everything.

I do think this is only for the 3DS version though. It says Rouge is exclusive to Golf, but we've seen her play volleyball on the Wii U version already. And there was apparently a leaked screenshot that was quickly removed of Rosalina swimming at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom