• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can't see year-long support for a creation game? That will always need new features for more levels? Also, nothing says they can't pick up the pace, like they are doing now by adding 3 costumes, one on Christmas and the other on New Years. They are not restricted to any time.

And once again, it's liikely there will be year-long support.
I honestly don't think they are gonna keep it up for a year either.

Reading the interviews, they actually said "we almost couldn't do checkpoints".

They struggled to get a basic video game staple into the game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Actually, did anyone else realize that Bayonetta would have had to have taken just about shy of six months of development in order for her to be this finished, but they claim she's the ballot winner? I dunno, just wanted to point that out.
You have no idea how long or how short development could take. Also, the Ballot was 8 months long. If Bayonetta continued to top the charts in those 2 months they could've easily assumed her as the winner.

And as I said, she could've taken 6 months, or 4 months, or 2 months. And who says she's completely done, even? You're making theories for nothing.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You have no idea how long or how short development could take. Also, the Ballot was 8 months long. If Bayonetta continued to top the charts in those 2 months they could've easily assumed her as the winner.

And as I said, she could've taken 6 months, or 4 months, or 2 months. And who says she's completely done, even? You're making theories for nothing.
No, not at all, I'm just going off of the fact that Sakurai said that it takes over a year to develop a fighter, and if they did what you suggested, then what'd be the point of it continuing? They may've just said it's over and announced Bayo was the winner, but saying it was still open for suggestions. See how flawed that claim is? (Also off-topic but I'm getting a sense of Deja-vu)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think they are gonna keep it up for a year either.

Reading the interviews, they actually said "we almost couldn't do checkpoints".

They struggled to get a basic video game staple into the game.
How does that at all factor into them not being able to support year-round?

Actually, it might help it; there's numerous things they couldn't get in. Year long support could get everything and more in.

No, not at all, I'm just going off of the fact that Sakurai said that it takes over a year to develop a fighter, and if they did what you suggested, then what'd be the point of it continuing? They may've just said it's over and announced Bayo was the winner, but saying it was still open for suggestions. See how flawed that claim is? (Also off-topic but I'm getting a sense of Deja-vu)
Over a year to develop a fighter. Did he ever say anything about DLC Fighters? You don't know if the situation is different or not.

Tell me WHY Bayonetta would be in if not the Ballot pick. Also, you're getting deja-vu because you're trying to pull the conspiracy thing again.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Actually, it might help it; there's numerous things they couldn't get in. Year long support could get everything and more in.

Over a year to develop a fighter. Did he ever say anything about DLC Fighters? You don't know if the situation is different or not.

Tell me WHY Bayonetta would be in if not the Ballot pick. Also, you're getting deja-vu because you're trying to pull the conspiracy thing again.
What difference does it make, it's still a fighter, reguardless if it's DLC or not.

And Kamyia did say once on his Twitter he'd be fine with her in Smash, and seeing how he's good friends with Sakurai, they probably reached an easy agreement.

Also, what? This isn't a conspiracy theory bro, just going off of past things that Sakurai has stated. This isn't even a theory, I'm just saying that, "Hey, does anyone notice that something's off?"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They barely had the budget and team left to add checkpoints to a 2D platforming game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What difference does it make, it's still a fighter, reguardless if it's DLC or not.

And Kamyia did say once on his Twitter that Sakurai would be just fine with Bayo.

Also, what? This isn't a conspiracy theory bro, just going off of past things that Sakurai has stated. This isn't even a theory, I'm just saying that, "Hey, does anyone notice that something's off?"
False. Kamiya said he himself didn't mind, but it was Sakurai's decision

Burruni

Smash Hero
You can't see year-long support for a creation game? That will always need new features for more levels? Also, nothing says they can't pick up the pace, like they are doing now by adding 3 costumes, one on Christmas and the other on New Years. They are not restricted to any time.

And once again, it's liikely there will be year-long support.
More than. I said more than a year's support.
When the very rough estimate is 21 months to hit 200, I don't see this going until June 2017. Mario Kart 8 and Smash only got a bit more than a year.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it's dumb to think their bonds are what helped. Sakurai and Kojima are still friends iirc
You somewhat controdicted yourself there, as Sakurai and Kojima's relationships are one of the reasons Snake was put in Brawl.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I went to Smyths to get my friend a Christmas present today (Jon Snow Pop figure), and on my way out I noticed Codename STEAM is being sold for €10 there.

So I will probably get that out of my Christmas money if it's still that cheap.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No I'm not. Snake was put in due to their friendship, Bayonetta was put in due to fan demand from a silent majority. Snake was cut from Smash. Sakurai and Kojima are still friends
You somewhat controdicted yourself there, as Sakurai and Kojima's relationships are one of the reasons Snake was put in Brawl.
Maybe I should emphasise these things from now on? :awesome:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honesty if mario maker gets mostly in costumes, then it could go on another year, I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the objects being added in are already programmed into the game.

D

Deleted member

Late replies coming through
Welp, can't find a good link to watch OPM on a gamepad. RIP
Your mistake was trying to watch it in a gamepad
But I'm not gay.
Hmmm...
I meant "gay" as in "fabulous"
I can tell, I thought a new colleague was gay because of his earring. Then I see him walking with his girlfriend. Oops
Something something trope
One Punch Man is pretty much style over substance. I mean, it's really over-the-top and stupidly awesome, but I feel the characters aren't developed enough. The anime's finale seemed open-ended, so maybe there might be a second season.

The voice cast is solid and the soundtrack isn't bad either.
I dunno, I feel like the main characters are developed well enough(Saitama, Genos and some side characters like Mumen Rider and Sonic)
Though some don't get it in the anime because it's still the first season
The webcomic is still going actually
I'm pretty sure the S-Rank heroes will at least get some sort of development starting in the second season since the first one is still mainly focused on Saitama and Genos
Actually, did anyone else realize that Bayonetta would have had to have taken just about shy of six months of development in order for her to be this finished, but they claim she's the ballot winner? I dunno, just wanted to point that out.
She releases on February
The ballot ended on October
That's five whole months

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Warrior Daisy is what I always wanted her to be tbh.

I don't even know why she's a Peach clone at this point considering how little Nintendo seem to care about her as a character.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm still laughing that Bayonetta, a character dismissed as "niche", was the most popular character all along.

The dangers of online polling indeed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Except it's not a contradiction in the slightest. If it is, then tell me, HOW is it somewhat contradictory?
Uh... Damnit, I forgot... :urg:

Late replies coming through

Your mistake was trying to watch it in a gamepad

I meant "gay" as in "fabulous"

Something something trope

I dunno, I feel like the main characters are developed well enough(Saitama, Genos and some side characters like Mumen Rider and Sonic)
Though some don't get it in the anime because it's still the first season
The webcomic is still going actually
I'm pretty sure the S-Rank heroes will at least get some sort of development starting in the second season since the first one is still mainly focused on Saitama and Genos

She releases on February
The ballot ended on October
That's five whole months
It takes a whole year to develop a fighter, although she looks mostly finished. I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I just wanted to say something.

D

Deleted member

It takes a whole year to develop a fighter, although she looks mostly finished. I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I just wanted to say something.
It takes a whole year to develop a character when you have the rest of the game to develop
They just have Corrin, Bayonetta and her stage to work on now

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Actually, she's probably no where near finished. For starters, we didn't see all her moves and it's likely she's still buggy as of now, she's only in a presentable state. Second, notice how we have no 3DS footage of either Bayonetta or Corrin, they clearly weren't presentable in those versions

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It takes a whole year to develop a character when you have the rest of the game to develop
They just have Corrin, Bayonetta and her stage to work on now
Actually, she's probably no where near finished. For starters, we didn't see all her moves and it's likely she's still buggy as of now, she's only in a presentable state. Second, notice how we have no 3DS footage of either Bayonetta or Corrin, they clearly weren't presentable in those versions
There's some specific things that catch my eye, I don't exactly know how to say it, but just bear with me I guess?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There's some specific things that catch my eye, I don't exactly know how to say it, but just bear with me I guess?
Am I correct in assuming you thought that Bayonetta was further in development than we actually saw as she was presentable? Here's some advice. If you post something saying something along the lines of 'This is strange'. Don't. Instead, post 'This is strange because X'. It's best to tell your reasoning in a debate right off the bat, because then the discussion can get going

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Quit spamming the unnecessary Spongebob reaction gifs
Am I correct in assuming you thought that Bayonetta was further in development than we actually saw as she was presentable? Here's some advice. If you post something saying something along the lines of 'This is strange'. Don't. Instead, post 'This is strange because X'. It's best to tell your reasoning in a debate right off the bat, because then the discussion can get going
No, I literally just don't know how to say it, but whatever...

is this r/spongebros?

Also by a Twisted of Fate i may have just wound up with Bayonetta. Unsure yet because Christmas but it may have just moved up the backlog >_>

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, I literally just don't know how to say it, but whatever...
Here's a hint! Grab a piece of paper and write down the words that you want to use. For example, I want to ask something to my mother but I don't know what. Then I write 'mum' 'question' 'I want'. Then I write what the situation is. 'Mum is going to the shops'. Bingo! Like that, I can realize I want to ask her to get me something! I may have overly simplified it, but hope it helps. Also, I advice not posting too many Spongebon gifs, mobile users have difficulty posting on pages with lots of gifs

D

Deleted member

Worse than a conspiracy theory is a conspiracy theory without a (flawed) base

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why are there soo many lewd jokes available for this picture.
Because that's what Sakurai pays them for silly!

And to be fair, we never see footage of newcomers from the 3ds version. If I had to guess, they fully work them out on wii u and then transfer the data and build them on the 3ds afterwards.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So yeah, as the warning above implies, stop spamming unnecessary Spongebob images, NintenZ NintenZ .

Didnt know it was KH anniversary. Time to celebrate with more BBS.

Why are there soo many lewd jokes available for this picture.
Because this is the internet. Literally anything is available for lewd. Th internet. . .finds a way

It helps this is Rosalina of all characters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tournament this Sunday? I think I read that right.

I may join if my connection's not terrible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom