• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
>Check steam sale
>Check Wishlist
>Ori and the Blind Forest: 40% off
>FFVIII: 50% Off
>2 games from steam sale on first day. awwww yeah

>Mother ****ing Star Wars Republic Commandos: 70% Off

$3 will never be so worth
EDIT none of these are even daily sales. . .they may go lower. I expected nothing and got a lot :p

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mario is noticeably less serious in Smash 3DS/Wii U compared to Brawl:

Basically a middle point between his Brawl self and his canon self. His demeanor is more serious than his games, but he does have a touch of silliness and expressiveness that Brawl lacks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Super Mario Strikers is easily one of my favourite Gamecube games.
It was one of the few Mario games I was able to convince my FIFA obsessed friends to play. :p

----------------------------------------------

I enjoyed the characterisation too. The over-the-top grittiness is so out of place for Mario that it actually is enjoyable instead of feeling off-putting. :laugh:
Waluigi's crotch chop was a pure winner.

:231:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So, Famitsu scans come out tomorrow.

Hopefully there's a Sakurai column about Smash DLC.
Every other week for Sakurai! So...the next one is the 31st.

We'll be publishing his latest one on Thursday. Tomorrow will be about Star Wars: Episode 3, and Thursday will be about Star Wars: Episode 6....(kind of). Today we published Sakurai's comments on the Trophy Gallery in Melee. Which is Sakurai's first ever fake out in Smash, unless I'm mistaken.

Oh and I got my capture card working. Let's do a tourney this Saturday.

Japan: 01:30
England: 16:30
US EST: 11:00

It'll stream on www.twitch.tv/SourceCast

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to buy Final Fantasy 8 cuz it's on sale.

But my gaming computer is at college while I'm at home.

:4morton:Darn.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I want to buy Final Fantasy 8 cuz it's on sale.

But my gaming computer is at college while I'm at home.

:4morton:Darn.
FF8 is one of those games that I will continue to enjoy in spite of common thought BECAUSE of the differences.
Learn to Junction, and the game will bend to your will.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well you could buy it now and download it there when you can.
Does it work like that?

Hm.... I thought the purchase was linked to the computer. If that's the case than sweet. I'll do that.

How much is it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One Punch Man is pretty much style over substance. I mean, it's really over-the-top and stupidly awesome, but I feel the characters aren't developed enough. The anime's finale seemed open-ended, so maybe there might be a second season.

The voice cast is solid and the soundtrack isn't bad either.

Chrono.

Does it work like that?

Hm.... I thought the purchase was linked to the computer. If that's the case than sweet. I'll do that.

How much is it?
$5.99
FF8 is one of those games that I will continue to enjoy in spite of common thought BECAUSE of the differences.
Learn to Junction, and the game will bend to your will.
FF8 is my favorite FF game, kinda sad I can't talk about it cuz everyone acts like the game killed their dog or smth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lol I'm not paying subscription fees

*someone rings the doorbell*
Sister: *running from the living room* QUICKLY OPEN THE DOOR THERE'S SOMEONE THERE
Me: I'm in the attic, you open it
Sister: I'M IN MY UNDERWEAR
Me: Oh so when YOU are in your undies, someone else has to do your ****, but when I'M in my undies,
Sister: OPEN THE ****ING DOOR
Does it work like that?

How much is it?
It's linked to your Steam account, you'll get an email if you get a different computer working on the game to say 'Hey, is it okay this computer's using your account?'
One Punch Man is pretty much style over substance. I mean, it's really over-the-top and stupidly awesome, but I feel the characters aren't developed enough. The anime's finale seemed open-ended, so maybe there might be a second season.

The voice cast is solid and the soundtrack isn't bad either.
Either you think it's absolute **** or you think it's better than breathing and has no flaws, pick one

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
FF8 is my favorite FF game, kinda sad I can't talk about it cuz everyone acts like the game killed their dog or smth.
Blame Spoony. Same reason why people can't talk about FFX without people getting all reactionary and whiny towards it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think you have to. It's free.
Free only if you access the show page directly in your web browser (and you gotta endure a ****ton of commercials) Watching it on mobile devices does require a subscription, sadly. (Shame Netflix doesn't have Hulu's anime lineup)

Also yay, FFVIII. Wish I'd have got it for a bit cheaper, though. I bought my Steam copy in August.

Final Fantasy IX on Steam never :c

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Either you think it's absolute **** or you think it's better than breathing and has no flaws, pick one
My opinions are rarely absolutes.

Everything has qualities and flaws, pros and cons. I judge things based on those.

OPM is very flashy, over-the-top and stupidly awesome with very nice action scenes, satirizing shounen action series. Soundtrack is good, voice acting is good and the animation is well done.

It, however, lacks substance from a storytelling POV. It pretty much a "monster of the week" kind of show, neither the characters have any motives for their actions besides a bland "heroes vs. villains" dynamic. The character, while badass, lack depth besides obvious traits.

It's not a bad thing by itself, as the premise of the series is the absurdity and over-the-top action. I liked it. However, it's not without its flaws. I feel it would have benefited with better character and world exploration.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My opinions are rarely absolutes.

Everything has qualities and flaws, pros and cons. I judge things based on those.

OPM is very flashy, over-the-top and stupidly awesome with very nice action scenes, satirizing shounen action series. Soundtrack is good, voice acting is good and the animation is well done.

It, however, lacks substance from a storytelling POV. It pretty much a "monster of the week" kind of show, neither the characters have any motives for their actions besides a bland "heroes vs. villains" dynamic. The character, while badass, lack depth besides obvious traits.

It's not a bad thing by itself, as the premise of the series is the absurdity and over-the-top action. I liked it. However, it's not without its flaws. I feel it would have benefited with better character and world exploration.
Psst. I know it was ****, but judging from the image I used...I think it was a joke

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, anyone here wants to play some Smash 3DS?

There really isn't anything left to do besides waiting for the February update and... actually playing the game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, on the topic of OPM, while I do think that it couldn't hurt to have a little more characterization, I do think what it does it does well.

And it's the same with a lot of media. Everything tells a story its own way and to a different audience. Where some can be thought provoking and give light on issues today, others are just enjoyable action scenes. One isn't bad nor inferior, it's just they appeal to different audiences.

Music is a lot like that. Where you have guys like Jethro Tull and Rush, you have Manowar.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (one of most favorite games ever) is coming to Japan for Wii U's Virtual Console.

Normally, I wouldn't care about this due to owning it on an actual GBA but what REALLY surprises me is that THE PORT WILL CONTAIN THE E-READER EXCLUSIVE LEVELS BUILT IN!!!

This is amazing news! Getting access to the e-Reader levels is NO easy feat as it requires connecting to an e-Reader and scanning special cards (I own one but didn't buy many SMA4 cards). It also didn't help that TWO-THIRDS of all SMA4 e-Reader cards that existed never came to North America (and the cards are region locked, just to let you know). Not to mention Europe didn't get the e-Reader AT ALL so they lacked this feature (fun fact: The e-Reader content still exists and fully functional in the the Europe release of SMA4 but it's just disabled from access).

PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE let this be so for North America too! :sadeyes:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Presenting, a weapon to surpass Metal Gear
You attached Sonic 3 & Knuckles to a Game Genie to TWO 32-bit drives to a 16-Bit Console and attached THAT to a CD system.
If you put that much hardware into a single system it probably would surpass the current generation of consoles, all things considered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom